Don't have an account? Create one!

Have They Lost Their Values?

AuthorMessage
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
November 23rd, 2007 at 11:36am
xox.gena.:
You guys ever wonder if they just ran out of things to say?
You can only go off on a subject for so long, and he's basically hit them all on the spot.
Wouldn't it be corny if he just went off about saving whales? (Good cause, though lol).

Honestly, I just think he's making up shit off the top of his head so the gig isn't full of just music.
I don't particularly approve of what he said, but honestly, it doesn't really offend me.

I agree with you.
They have been preaching this message to us for like 6 years straight!
I'm not saying they have nothing left to say, Im just saying that with the hectic touring and press and everything, maybe they have ran out of steam.

I'm sure once they go on the much needed break, they will come back with something new and it will all go from there. Don't be so quick to doubt these guys, at least give them a chance and see what they come up with.

Plus, Im sick of all this shit about how the 'real fans' don't appreciate how Gerard has been acting because it's about the music. Speak for yourself guys. I don't see how I'm not a 'real fan' because I have no problem with it! I don't have a problem with how Gerard is acting, its a rock show guys and MCR have always been like that.
Those guys have already passed how normal rock bands act SO much that I can forgive them if they slip a bit in a few interviews. I honestly don't want to hear them constantly preaching at every chance they get.
Then they will just end up boring.

If you want to talk about 'real fans' then maybe we should have a little more faith in these guys instead of being disappointed as soon as they stop being everything you want them to be.
Atavan Halen
Salute You in Your Grave
Atavan Halen
November 23rd, 2007 at 12:03pm
x_pansy, you took the words right outta my mouth In Love
jadepansy459
Thinking Happy Thoughts
jadepansy459
November 23rd, 2007 at 03:37pm
I don't think anyone is really offended by what he says on stage... But what he used to say about girls showing their tits... was when they were tryig to get their message across... they have got their message across... they have saved lives... now they are just simply trying to put on a good rock show... and he is having some fun
and i think that they are doing a good job.
I ♥ Gee with all my heart. Smile
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
November 23rd, 2007 at 03:51pm
^ good point (: amen to that.
Reason.To.Believe
Joining The Black Parade
Reason.To.Believe
November 23rd, 2007 at 04:25pm
Yeah
Everyone knows their message by now.
And they have said that they're gonna stop putting on massive shows cause they want to get back to the music again.

And yeah...I can see how that can come across as being a bit irresponsable but if was probobly just said in the heat of the moment and he was probobly just caught up in the energy of a live show and not meaning it sexually.#

I still love them
But they do deserve a break.
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 23rd, 2007 at 04:59pm
If the messages are in the songs, why didn't he just say that instead of saying there is no message anymore?
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
November 23rd, 2007 at 05:20pm
^^ You are taking it all too personally
And he has said that before. Something about how he doesn't feel he has to preach anymore between songs, that the songs have the message and he just wants to make it fun.
He never said 'We don't want to impact peoples lives anymore, we just want to be another mindless shitty rock band with nothing to say' I think you took it out of context. Like, when he said the message has a short shelf life, well it does. He can't say the same thing over and over and over again. People will get bored.

If I wanted to just listen to MCR then I can do it at home, I go to shows to have fun, go crazy, let go. To be under the same roof as my heroes for a night. Why do the shows have to be purely about the music? It's entertainment. Yea, I love it when Gerard says something inspirational, but that isn't why I go to their shows. I know what the message they put out is already, I don't need to be reminded everytime they play live.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
November 23rd, 2007 at 05:49pm
I feel a seperation between MCR fans, and honestly, I find it very upsetting. Because I don't fully understand why it's happening.
Sometimes, I actually feel like it's all because Gerard is married. I arent going to lie. I think people get jealous. And it's a shame, since when were their personal lives anything to do with us? Also I think the seperation is down to just plain dissagreement, then serious argument. And all that about Gerard being back on drugs/drink, that confused the hell out of me. I just couldnt understand why we were making such bad accusations towards a man who has supposedly affected us so much. Where had all the faith gone? And what happened to the music being important?
I don't think they have lost their value in any way. I still love them just as much as I did when I first heard of them.
I feel like I'm waffling now. But meh, it's just my opinion.
All they wanna do is put on an awesome show, which they always manage to do. So I don't see the problem.
They're happy, I don't see why we cant be, too.
Don't kill me. XD
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
November 23rd, 2007 at 07:29pm
drunken elevator.:
I feel a seperation between MCR fans, and honestly, I find it very upsetting. Because I don't fully understand why it's happening.
Sometimes, I actually feel like it's all because Gerard is married. I arent going to lie. I think people get jealous. And it's a shame, since when were their personal lives anything to do with us? Also I think the seperation is down to just plain dissagreement, then serious argument. And all that about Gerard being back on drugs/drink, that confused the hell out of me. I just couldnt understand why we were making such bad accusations towards a man who has supposedly affected us so much. Where had all the faith gone? And what happened to the music being important?
I don't think they have lost their value in any way. I still love them just as much as I did when I first heard of them.
All they wanna do is put on an awesome show, which they always manage to do. So I don't see the problem.
Don't kill me. XD

*Claps* I agree. Smile Especially with the part about them wanting to put on an awesome show. I think that they are just trying to 'mix it up' make it a little different than they used to do, other rock bands say and do much worst things to the crowd. I think they are just trying to keep up with the 'style of the moment' and I think that they wouldn't want to feel boring. I really agree that fans need to keep the faith until we're given a serious reason not too, and that the music should be appreciated for being as amazing as it is, for as long as possible!

Because I think we can all agree that the music is fantastic, so maybe we need to give the artists creating it a little slack. Smile

xxx
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
November 23rd, 2007 at 08:32pm
I pretty much agree with that last post. I just hope that their "trying to put on a good show" doesn't make them become like every other rock band out there. Because that would really really be terrible. So many people love them for being the people that they are and for being people that aren't afraid to go against the norm and speak up. I really hope they don't lose that completely.
Naomi-Rose
Killjoy
Naomi-Rose
November 23rd, 2007 at 09:32pm
kelseylove:
I pretty much agree with that last post. I just hope that their "trying to put on a good show" doesn't make them become like every other rock band out there. Because that would really really be terrible. So many people love them for being the people that they are and for being people that aren't afraid to go against the norm and speak up. I really hope they don't lose that completely.

I agree, as soon as they lose their morals, it's not worth it

But I really don't think they have lost their meaning/purpose, I just think people are getting paranoid (and understandably so) because they're aren't as vocal as the message anymore, they'd rather let the songs speak for themselves
jadepansy459
Thinking Happy Thoughts
jadepansy459
November 23rd, 2007 at 09:45pm
yeah exactly. Gee even said himself... Right now they are jsut touring and putting on a good my chem show... its not about the message... they have already put that across...
and plus.. what he does is HOT haha.
xxx
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
November 24th, 2007 at 12:13am
wow im not really sure

i hope none of that is going on that actually makes me sad Smile
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
November 24th, 2007 at 12:17am
Green Faerie:
drunken elevator.:
Don't kill me. XD

*Claps* I agree. Smile Especially with the part about them wanting to put on an awesome show. I think that they are just trying to 'mix it up' make it a little different than they used to do, other rock bands say and do much worst things to the crowd. I think they are just trying to keep up with the 'style of the moment' and I think that they wouldn't want to feel boring. I really agree that fans need to keep the faith until we're given a serious reason not too, and that the music should be appreciated for being as amazing as it is, for as long as possible!

Because I think we can all agree that the music is fantastic, so maybe we need to give the artists creating it a little slack. Smile

xxx

Clap Clap Clap Clap yourboth right i think alot of it HAS come from his marriedness i dunno about you guys but as long ashes happy,im happy 2 Dance i also think alot of fans are being to mean to lyn-z i mean c'mon i personally like her better than eliza.but hey thats just me.

geeze i make sum musy gooey message Ha Ha
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 24th, 2007 at 01:55am
Honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with Gerard being married. His relationship status has no effect on how I view the band or their actions in any way.
Maybe the way he's acting has been a little out of control because of his marriage, but other than that, I don't see how it has anything to do with their values.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
November 24th, 2007 at 02:19am
Argh. This is so hard for me to explain.

Let me begin by saying that I love My Chemical Romance. I love them more than anything else in the world. I have a massive amount of respect for each and every member that I can't even begin to describe.

But..in my eyes, they have changed. Which is perfectly fine! I mean, they haven't gotten older and should be allowed to grow and develop, personally and musically. I think musically, they are doing an amazing job at progressing and growing. But, personally, I don't know.

I agree with what Green Faerie said earlier. I think some of the conflict between MCR fans has been flamed by the fact that Gerard got married. I think some of the MCR fans have divided into 2.

Why?

Because some people will look at the music Lyn-Z's band, Mindless Self Indulgence, create. MSI create very offensive music that seem to contradict everything Gerard has stood up for. Example: MSI's songs 'Faggot' and 'Last Gay Song' are offensive to homosexuals, whereas MCR is openly against homophobia. I do think MSI's music is good, and I am a fan of theirs, but some of the lyrics they write make me wonder.

At the same time, I think we should respect Gerard & Lyn-Z's privacy. I hate it when people talk crap about Lyn-Z being a bad person when they know nothing about her. From what I can see, Gerard looks the happiest he has ever been. That's all that matters.

To answer the question of 'Have They Lost Their Values?' - I will answer no. I believe that MCR will always stay true to their roots and beliefs, no matter what. I just find it heart wrenching that some MCR fans are dividing over petty disagreements about the bands personal life.

As for Gerard talking inappropriately during shows - I don't have much of an opinion on that. First off, I have not seen a video yet of Gerard saying very inappropriate things to say anything about it. From what i've heard, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Gerard is a different person on stage and we should all remember it. If Gerard is saying very inappropriate things during all ages concerts, maybe he should tone it down. I don't have much thoughts on that though.

PLEASE do not take any of this in the wrong way. I love this band and this is simply my opinion.
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
November 24th, 2007 at 05:14am
^^^^^^ I totally agree. People need to stop letting the band's personal lives play into the public's general opinion of the direction the band is taking. I have seen a lot of that recently. People are all of a sudden all "Gerard's changed" and "I miss the old Gerard" ever since he got married. I personally think he grew out of the "old Gerard" long before he got married. I just think it gave people an excuse to bash their marriage because they're jealous or something ridiculous like that. But seriously guys, get a grip. Gerard is happy, so you should be happy for him.
Other than that, after thinking about it, I haven't really seen a huge change in MCR other than the fact that they have really grown up, which is to be expected. I do realize that they haven't been as vocal with their message lately, and I do hope that that isn't permanent. But maybe it is just because they ran out of things to say and have already gotten their message across, like previous posts have said. I think they just want to end their tour with a bang and have a good time and put on a good show before they disappear for a few years. So appreciate them while they're still around people, because they're going to be gone for a while in a few months. Sad
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
November 24th, 2007 at 06:21am
^ I agree. I hope when they go on break, they get their shit together. Hopefully Bob gets better soon and Frank comes back too. I think they just need a break to sort everything out. They seem so busy. I bet the tour dates are killer.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
November 24th, 2007 at 08:16am
It was a live rock show after all.
I would go to a rock show to have fun, lose myself, and just go crazy.
Not to hear some preaching. =\
my chemical romance.
Banned
my chemical romance.
November 24th, 2007 at 08:32am
Fans know My Chem's message.
If they kept repeating it from 2003/2004 until now, then it would lose it's meaning.
It'd just be one of those things that have to be said, because it's expected.
If you get comfort out of My Chemical Romance, then that's great. But it's not their responsibility to keep fans happy.

I think Gerard knew it was time to stop repeating the message.
It wasn't too late, or too soon. If he would have carried it on, it would've gotten preachy.
It had a big impact, it's still touching fans, and that's what it's meant to do.
I've seen people complain about how they can't connect to him anymore, because he's married and happy.
And to be quite honest, that's pretty fucking selfish of anyone to say.
Gerard shouldn't have to be unhappy so that fans can connect to him.

Have they lost their values?
I don't think there's a certain answer for this. There could be a debate that could last days, and people wouldn't settle on one answer.

What Gerard does on stage now gets a rise out of people, whether it be good or bad. But it still seems to get people pumped up.
I'm not defending what he does, and I'm not ripping on him for it. I'm almost neutral, I guess.
I just don't want to say I'm defending him.

And I know it's been said multiple times, but people need to stop discussing their private lives.
I think if you really love this band, you should at least respect their wishes.