Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 12th, 2008 at 11:26pm

Thrice, the California-based quartet who’ve also been busy of late making high-profile main stage appearances at the Coachella, Reading & Leeds and Bamboozle festivals, return to Australia in August/September for a series of shows. These follow the stunning and ambitious releases The Alchemy Index, a two-volume collection comprised of four EPs, each devoted to one of the essential elements in nature—fire, water, air and earth.

To take stock of Thrice’s discography is to witness the dramatic evolution of a band perpetually committed to pushing their own creative boundaries, taking their music to new and breathtaking heights of expression and challenging fans to explore each startling soundscape the group conjures, while simultaneously promoting social awareness and change.

From the raw power and technical onslaught of early records Identity Crisis and The Illusion of Safety, to the perfect marriage of fury and melody on The Artist In The Ambulance, to the bold, mesmerizing experimentation of Vheissu, Thrice has always been a band on the cutting edge, running well ahead of their peers.

Blue Murder, Bombshell, Atticus Clothing and triple j's Short.Fast.Loud present
THRICE
Tickets on sale 9am Friday 20th June

Thursday 28th August - Capitol, Perth [18+]
Tix from the venue 08 9321 7606, 78's 08 9322 6384 www.78records.com.au, Bocs ticketing 08 9484 1133 www.bocsticketing.com.au and all Moshtix outlets www.moshtix.com.au 1300 GET TIX

Saturday 30th August - Corner Hotel, Melbourne [18+]
Tix from the Corner box office 03 9427 9198 www.cornerhotel.com, and Missing Link 03 9670 8208

Sunday 31st August - Corner Hotel, Melbourne [18+]
Tix from the Corner box office 03 9427 9198 www.cornerhotel.com, and Missing Link 03 9670 8208

Monday 1st September - HQ, Adelaide [18+]
Tix from www.venuetix.com.au 08 8225 8888

Tuesday 2nd September - UNSW Roundhouse, Sydney [All Ages]
Tix from www.ticketek.com.au 132489

Wednesday 3rd September - The Arena, Brisbane [All Ages]
Tix from www.arenaonline.com.au all oztix outlets & www.ticketek.com.au 132 849
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 12th, 2008 at 11:38pm

oh god, I'm sorry about the like triple post or whatever it is,
but I'm way too fucking excited right now and have to share this.

I don't know if anybody heard, although I'm guessing Rhiannon probably has,
but on Monday, TLE are playing an exclusive gig in Sydney, and there were only 50 double passes for people to win.
AND I GOT ONE.
OMFG.
I'm so excited right now, I'm shaking, and I feel like I might start crying any moment.
I didn't expect for a second that I would actually win.
omfg.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
June 13th, 2008 at 01:48am
WHY AREN'T THRICE COMING HERE?!?!?!?!?!

I hate the world.

Crying or Very sad
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 13th, 2008 at 02:57am
OMG Thrice. Wait. I'm still pissed off at them cause they didn't play my favourite song last time. Meh. And two 18+ Melb gigs? That's gonna piss off the underage fans...

Also, CONGRATS ASHA. I did hear about it, and I'm insanely jealous. More so happy for you though. It's gonna be amazinggggg.

[EDIT] Lawl. In all my excitment for you, Asha, I forgot to post this:

Fresh from the States where they've been recording their debut album, Children Collide are back in Australia and ready to show off what they've been working on.

Fans in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide will get the chance to check them out. Take this opportunity before they're touring the big venues and you're going "Gee, I wish I saw them when they played those small club shows."

Their next single 'Social Currency' will be released on CD and limited edition 7" vinyl on Saturday July 19 and it was produced by Dave Sardy (Jet, Wolfmother, Oasis).

Tickets for all shows are just $12 + b/f. If that's not a bargain, then I don't know what is.

Dates are:

JULY
18 – The Troubadour, Brisbane, QLD
19 – The Annandale, Sydney, NSW
25 – Northcote Social Club, Melbourne, VIC
26 – Jive Bar, Adelaide, VIC
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 13th, 2008 at 04:54am
Asha that's awesome!!!!! =D yeah I heard about that too.
So, Children Collide eh? Jive's tiny =P
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 13th, 2008 at 05:10am

thanks guys (:

oh gosh, I love Children Collide!
I might have to go along to that considering it's so cheap!
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
June 13th, 2008 at 06:16am
Why can't Thrice come here? Arseholes. Looks like I'll have to be happy with Escape the Fate.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
June 13th, 2008 at 07:20am
ATTENTION ATTENTION

ARE THE GALVATRONS DOING ANY SIDESHOWS?
Lolita.
Shotgun Sinner
Lolita.
June 15th, 2008 at 05:59am
^According to their myspace they're overseas until October.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 15th, 2008 at 08:49pm
Hey Asha, you know that TLE comp you won tickets to? Chyeah, well so did I. I didn't realise until now cause the email went into my spam box. xDDDD Now I have to try to find someone in Sydney to give the tickets to. I dunno if I can, though, given that my name is on the door. :/

[EDIT] Scratch that. Just realised I would have had to RSVP to that email 50 minutes ago. Oh well!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 15th, 2008 at 08:59pm

LMFAO.
ahahahaha, that's awesome lol.
ahhh i'm so excited.
apparently there's like an interview or something beforehand as well, with Paul Mac interviewing TLE lol.
and i'm hoping that because it's so small, i might be able to meet them ;D
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 15th, 2008 at 11:06pm
^^ Aw man, how annoying!!
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 15th, 2008 at 11:18pm
The only thing I win tickets to is stuff I can't go to! Reminds me of when I won the LP tickets which didn't get here until like 5 days after the concert.

You better have shitloads of fun Asha.

The guys are pretty easy to meet, though. They're forever hanging around.

... and I always turn chicken and run away. xDDD
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 16th, 2008 at 01:04am

lmfao, i'm the same! well kind of,
i mean, i've met them a couple of times,
but i'm always freaking out and going ''OMFG THEY'RE THE LIVING END!!!"

+ i will have lots of fun, for both of us xD
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
June 16th, 2008 at 03:15am
This is late, but have fun Asha! I'm sure you will.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 16th, 2008 at 03:18am
^^ Haha, I know right! So many people are like "It's just The Living End," but I still freak out. When I saw them at the EG awards they were hanging out side stage, and everyone's like running over and stuff. I'm like 'I'm staying at the front of stage'. Same with all the The Longnecks gigs. I'm weird. Like, I feel safe behind the barrier. I don't mind making an idiot of myself there (to the point where The Roll On Dance made Chris laugh-mid song when he looked at me xDDD ), but I can't go up and talk to them in what would be a much more civilised manner.

I'm so excited for you! Totally gonna be thinking of you at 8:30 tonight when doors close. I'll be there in spirit!
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
June 18th, 2008 at 12:50am
OH MY FUCKING GOD OH MY FUCKING GOD OH MY FUCKING GOD

kisschasy just posted this bulletin on myspace

We are so stoked to announce that we will be performing at the Coaster festival in Gosford, NSW on September 20th 2008.

What is Coaster you ask?!...it's Australia's newest and most exciting All Ages music and arts extravaganza, featuring live performances from some of Australia's biggest acts.

The line up this year includes our good pals Something with Numbers as well as The Living End, The Matches, Potbellez, Bluejuice and.........bah, just read the poster below haha. All I can tell you is that It's going to one hell of a day and we wanna see you all there so be sure to get in really fast when tix go on sale on Wednesday July 2nd.

THE MATCHES, KISSCHASY AND THE LIVING END ALL IN ONE PLACE???? I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 18th, 2008 at 12:52am

lulz.
i've known about this for a while, but had no idea when it was going to be announced. xD
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 18th, 2008 at 12:57am
HOW DARE THE MATCHES PLAY IN SYDNEY AND NOT HERE!

... wait. September? Hahaha. Jon totally said they were coming back in September. I totally knew. They'll totally play sideshows here. Cause Jon said they were. And because Shawn loves us.

Crisis over.

I miss TLE. Just quietly.

[EDIT] Here's the poster:

Got it in an email earlier.

$59 is NOTHING. There's 5 of my favourite bands, right there.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 18th, 2008 at 03:29am
When I hear The Matches are playing in Sydney, I immediately think of Shannon. XD