Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
June 9th, 2008 at 03:58am
I agree with the stuff about the Getaway Plan...their not bad..but its not something we havent heard before.

Mammal however...omfg one of the best bands of the day in my opinion. I'd never heard any of their music before...but i had sooooooooooo much fun during their set.
and The Living End = awesome. He played guitar with a full beer bottle..it was the most australian thing i have ever seen lol
Ash Phoenix were pretty cool as well..

k i'll stop ranting now lol
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 9th, 2008 at 04:01am
asha molly.:
Rhiannon- nope, didn't end up going D:
I was SO pissed off.
Even more so after seeing them yesterday and being completely blown away!

Also, I have come to realise that The Getaway Plan are so overrated.
They haven't changed their setlist AT ALL since the Kisschasy tour, where they played the exact same thing every show.
And their fans = EPIC FAIL.
I wanted to slap 90% of them for a) being clones, and b) fucking squealing because the guitar player was setting things up.
Not to mention they were just up themselves fucks who were trying to get to the front with no regard for anybody else. People were falling over, and nobody was helping them up, I felt like pointing out to them that they're really not that great just because they like a band that is obviously flavour of the month in the scene world.
And then, when they were doing their soundcheck, they were doing it over the top of the band already playing at the time, which I thought was extremely rude. Seriously, it was pissing me off SO MUCH, because Children Collide were on at the time, and I love them.
I would have been so angry if I were them.

But other than that, it was an awesome day.
I ended up meeting a hell of a lot of bands, which was awesome ;D

Also, there's a new Gyroscope & Shihad tour that is going basically everywhere.
I was so fucking excited when I heard about that, because they're going to Penrith,
and then I realised it's on the same night as Panic.
I was so upset. Seriously, I would absolutely LOVE to go to that. D:

OH NO!! TGP soundchecking over CC??!! I love CC...I'd get annoyed at TGP also for doing that even tho i do love them.

"And their fans = EPIC FAIL."
I could pretty much agree with you, if you're not talking about the 5% who are normal people...like myself. ahahha. And yes, I hate kids who scream at the slightest & most insignificant things, when the band isn't even appearing. But hey...clones? I thought the crowd I saw at their promo gig was like a replica of the MCR lineup. Anyways, I'm starting to get scared that my friends will get freaked at TGP crowd at the Annandale when they come to hangout for my bday thing. I just think...TGP's music isn't even stereotypically 'emo'...I don't get why they don't have other sorts of people at their gigs. Maybe...it was them supporting MCR that did it...

edit: Soundwave has confirmed THIRTY SIX bands already!!?! ok, even if i see the lineup now, with my favourite bands on it, I won't even believe it...but if anyone *ahem*Asha*ahem* could drop a few names...hehehe Laughing
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 9th, 2008 at 04:16am
Hahaha, I love when people love Mammal. Seriously. Glad to hear they've lost none of their presence whilst being in the studio. Not that I thought the would, but yanno.

Do either of you remember what they played?

Not that it matters much, I guess, cause the show I go to will probably be a totally different setlist altogether given that a) they change it up so much every show, and b) it's a single launch. But I'm curious as to what their post-album setlist is like.

Also, Asha; THANK YOU. I have been saying the same thing about TGP for a long time, that they're overrated. But I tend to rant to my boyfriend about and keep my opinion to myself everywhere else cause everyone seems to be SO in love with them. I'm like, why?

Also, the part where Chris does the beer bottle slide? It makes me laugh how wowed people still are by that. Like I've seen him play E Boogie live like 5 times or something, so it's almost routine for me. Though sometimes they change the song up a little. But I remember how wowed I was the first time I saw it and love that people still get a kick outta it.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 9th, 2008 at 05:01am
Lol, I honestly wouldn't have a clue, sorry ):
I don't really know the names of any of their songs xD
But god, they were amazing.

Admittedly, I do love a few TGP songs (literally, only 4),
but they're so cliché, and they spend more time flipping their hair around than anything else.

Lulz, I've seen that before too, but it's always awesome xD
Like TLE, they're always awesome lol.
And they're such nice people too, a lot of bands when they become big get kind of arrogant, but they're not.
They're so down to earth & just all-round awesome tbh.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 9th, 2008 at 05:43am
Haha. Oh well. It was worth a shot.

But that's what I love about them too; you can hardly know them and still enjoy it. Like I remember the first time I saw them. I went to go see Vanden and they were headlining. Didn't know them at all. Fell in love with them, and had so much fun despite not knowing a single lyric. Which is unusual. Cause I can like a band first time I see them, but usually have to go away and listen to their stuff before I fall in love. But Mammal, just love. And Zeke kept staring at me. It was so intimidating. /tangent

TLE. Just love. Gosh. I'm so jealous that you saw them. There's no words to describe how freaking amazing they are.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 9th, 2008 at 09:45pm
So for anyone who isn't on the FasterLouder mailing list, there's competition on atm to win Splendour tickets. Just so you know. And I'm a nice person so I posted it here Wink Hehe. You have to be over 18 though.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 9th, 2008 at 10:35pm
I got that email. For some reason, FL always doesn't work on my computer. I can't log in. Giant. Meh.

I was gonna try enter, but I shouldn't. I have a wedding on then, someone in my boyfriend's family - his brother is already in the bad books cause he's going to Splendour instead of the wedding. xDDDD

Would be nice if someone here won it.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 9th, 2008 at 10:48pm
Hahaha! Yeah, I guess not. I'd be pissed off if someone went to a music festival instead of my wedding! (Though I didn't go to one of my cousins' wedding because I was staying at my boyfriend's house in the country at that time. Hahaha. Poor Elle.)

It would be nice if one of us won it.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 10th, 2008 at 02:34am
So Vodafone Arena has been renamed to Hisense Arena, so says the Judas Priest tour information.

GHEY.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
June 12th, 2008 at 12:27am
FOR FUCKS SAKE IM ANGRY AT THE WORLD.

okay, so i finally got piad after like 5 weeks of never being paid, so im like yess, hop onto ticketek to get some etf tickets all excited

AND THEY ARE FUCKING SOLD OUT

no words can describe how shitty i am right now.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 12th, 2008 at 03:17am
Def Leopard:

OCTOBER
31 – Members Equity Stadium, Perth

NOVEMBER
3 – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
5 – Acer Arena, Sydney
7 – Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Newcastle
8 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
10 – WIN Entertainment Centre, Wollongong
11 – AIS Arena, Canberra

I don't remember if that one has been posted before or not? Supporting them are Cheap Trick and The Galvatrons.

And Tricky is doing Splendour sideshows on the east coast:

JULY
30 – The Metro, Sydney
31 – Prince of Wales, Melbourne

AUGUST
2 – Splendour in the Grass Festival, Byron Bay
3 – The Arena, Brisbane

... I got excited, but then remembered I only know and love one song. xDD
gabriel gray;
Demolition Lover
gabriel gray;
June 12th, 2008 at 04:57am
rhiannon;
me too lmfao i was like omg cheap trick i love...that one song by them...damn XD i only know one song...bt it's a really good song XD
___
DeeDee;
i'm sorry but i've checked ebay and there's no tickets for any aus shows on there when i looked T_T
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 12th, 2008 at 05:02am

Conor Oberst is coming here in October
<333333333333333333333333333

he's playing at The Great Escape, as are Ladytron ;D
and a whole bunch of others that I can't actually remember at the moment lol.

BUT OMFG.
CONOR OBERST.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 12th, 2008 at 05:15am
^^ LOL. It's not Excess by any chance, is it? That's the only one I know, cause of the Queen of the Damned sondtrack. WhichisoneofmyfavouritesoundtracksEVER.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 12th, 2008 at 05:19am

GYROSCOPE & SHIHAD OMGZ

ahhhh, that's so epic.
I want to go SO badly.
but the one closest to me is on the same night as Panic,
and the next closest one is the night before Unwritten Law.
FAIL.

I'll be so pissed if I don't get to go to at least one of those shows.
srsly.
gabriel gray;
Demolition Lover
gabriel gray;
June 12th, 2008 at 05:40am
Rh!annon:
^^ LOL. It's not Excess by any chance, is it? That's the only one I know, cause of the Queen of the Damned sondtrack. WhichisoneofmyfavouritesoundtracksEVER.

lmfao no it's not XD
it's surrender, it's on guitar hero 2 lmfao
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 12th, 2008 at 06:01am
LMAO. Guitar Hero ~ Educating the masses.

Asha, can you make the show the night before the UL gig?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 12th, 2008 at 06:12am

I don't know "/
I have absolutely no idea where the venue is, so I'd have to get my dad to drive me (lulz, he drives me everywhere, because I'm somewhat retarded when it comes to folowing directions/not getting lost), and I don't think he'd be too keen on picking me up two nights in a row D:
ughhhhhhhhhh.

+ I hate Guitar Hero now. onlynotreally xD
it randomly decided one day to delete my saved game D:<
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 12th, 2008 at 09:42am
Hahaha. I just catch public transport everywhere. :\ Though, nowadays my bf just drives. But most venues have pretty good PT access.

I hope he'll be okay with you going. Ask him on a good day lol.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 12th, 2008 at 08:23pm

I would get public transport, but for basically everywhere you have to either get two trains, or a train then a bus,
and the last train that comes where I live is at like 11:30, so there's basically no chance I'd get it after a concert lol.
ughhhhh. living here is so lame sometimes.

I've decided I am going to go though, mainly because I'd be insane not to.

Lol. I just heard about Devo sideshows.
I want to go xD