Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 19th, 2009 at 10:29pm

I was... until I found out that The Killers, Snow Patrol and Kaiser Chiefs are playing in Sydney on the same night.
Kind of killed any excitement I once had.
Though I guess it's alright in that Rise Against tickets were less than half the price of V Fest tickets haha
yilujayss
Fabulous Killjoy
yilujayss
February 20th, 2009 at 05:51am
asha molly.:

I was... until I found out that The Killers, Snow Patrol and Kaiser Chiefs are playing in Sydney on the same night.
Kind of killed any excitement I once had.
Though I guess it's alright in that Rise Against tickets were less than half the price of V Fest tickets haha

oh. that sucks they are all on the same night! Neutral those are some awesome bands.
I didn't even know Kaiser Cheifs were coming.
But I just found out they are playing The Thebbie here. I'm so there!

I was pretty excited to see that Satyricon where coming to aussie but they are not coming to Adelaide. sad. :'(
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
February 22nd, 2009 at 02:59am
I'm going to RA! And yay for the Thebbie <3
yilujayss
Fabulous Killjoy
yilujayss
February 22nd, 2009 at 04:06am
This is my first show at the thebbie Very Happy
Excited much.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
February 22nd, 2009 at 04:59am
I love the Thebbie, it's one of my favourite venues. That and Fowlers, I reckon, are my two faves.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 22nd, 2009 at 12:14pm

okay so! I had fun at sydney soundwave (my feet are so dead! I have swollen ankles from the ordeal)

anyway
we get to the venue around say 11:40 (train took agess) and we didn't get in till about 1:30 I think. the lining up was still bad. they need at least (imo) 5 entrances 2 isn't enough and the gates the charter bus went to was fucking insane, anyway so I get in and run like the wind to jacks mannequin (going past goldfinger which sounded good!) who lucky for me just started
(missed ML and chiodos! I heard it all from the line though)

after jacks mannequin I wandered to Forever the sickest kids while the subways were still playing, they were pretty good the subways even though I didn't really know the music, so ftsk came on and put out a really good set (men in black ftw) I was surprised how enthusiastic everyone was for them I didn't expect a mosh like that from powerpop!

After that I head over to hellogoodbye and meet up with my friends again for half we were in the mosh but the sun was a bit much so we backed off. after that we watched finch (I was planning on innerpartysystem but my legs weren't kind to me) they were good even though I had only heard about 2 songs, after that was ffaf, now I'm not a huge fan but wow they were good! (after that was listening to some bloodhound gang) I thought they were great live. then we went our seperate ways (me and my friends) as we watched a little billy talent then I headed to say anything who put on a good show but I left halfway through, I went to see them for my friends little sister to listen on the phone

anyway so after that I thought I'd trek over to stage 6, god holy shit getting through that metal stage crowd during devildriver almost killed me LOL

then I was sitting on the grass near stage 6 as a band before emery were playing I thought I could get a good spot for fftl by watching emery, I knew a few songs and they were good
a little sidestory so I was barrier on one side you know where all the kids run out after crowd surfing? yeah a nice guard I talked to let me there, anyway some guy came out from backstage and we started talking and stuff (he's real nice his names Tim) and he got me free water! and a girl near me thought he was cute so I introduced her, anyway so he knew our names and then disappeared backstage before From first to last. then came out and said wait for it and ran back again.

then when fftls set was ending on the final song, matt from fftl said (this song is dedicated to hannah and ashley) and holy shit I died and like tackled tim, he gave me his myspace and then we went (on another adventure....journey to padstow via nightbus at 2am) which is why I'm on my phone just got home now

but wow

epic.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 22nd, 2009 at 12:15pm

double post <.<
yilujayss
Fabulous Killjoy
yilujayss
February 22nd, 2009 at 06:31pm
Elfen Lied:

then when fftls set was ending on the final song, matt from fftl said (this song is dedicated to hannah and ashley) and holy shit I died and like tackled tim, he gave me his myspace and then we went (on another adventure....journey to padstow via nightbus at 2am) which is why I'm on my phone just got home now

holy shit! thats awweeessome. Shocked Mr. Green
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 22nd, 2009 at 11:23pm

Oh man, the lineup was so fucked, I was in line for over two hours ffs.
There was actually a couple of people pass out and had to be carried out of the line D:
Apparently the southern entrance had next to no wait at all, but that's not much use when people are being directed to parking at the northern entrance, and all the buses are dropping people off there too D:<

Anyway, the lineup made me miss Ace Enders and Jack's Mannequin, which were my favourite bands on the lineup. Epic, epic fail.
But after that things improved, thankfully!
Hellogoodbye and Dillinger Escape Plan were my highlights, and Nine Inch Nails' setup was incredible, but I would have preferred if they didn't play as much slow-ish/~atmospheric stuff (if that makes sense?). The Hand That Feeds was amazingggg though.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw you at Hellogoodbye, Hannah, but I wasn't sure if it was you or not so I didn't say anything xD
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 22nd, 2009 at 11:44pm
asha molly.:

Oh man, the lineup was so fucked, I was in line for over two hours ffs.
There was actually a couple of people pass out and had to be carried out of the line D:
Apparently the southern entrance had next to no wait at all, but that's not much use when people are being directed to parking at the northern entrance, and all the buses are dropping people off there too D:<

Anyway, the lineup made me miss Ace Enders and Jack's Mannequin, which were my favourite bands on the lineup. Epic, epic fail.
But after that things improved, thankfully!
Hellogoodbye and Dillinger Escape Plan were my highlights, and Nine Inch Nails' setup was incredible, but I would have preferred if they didn't play as much slow-ish/~atmospheric stuff (if that makes sense?). The Hand That Feeds was amazingggg though.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw you at Hellogoodbye, Hannah, but I wasn't sure if it was you or not so I didn't say anything xD

aw! should've come said hai xD forrest was so adorable how he made his head hurt from screaming sydney jacks mannequin were really good! they played my favorite song, I'm Ready <3 are you going to any sidewaves?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 23rd, 2009 at 12:04am

Yep, I'm going to the NFG/Hellogoodbye/Ace Enders one on Tuesday, and the RJA/FTSK/Jack's/Bayside one on Wednesday :D
I'm so glad I'll still get to see Ace + Jack's <33333

Lmao, I thought they were joking when they were like 'who wants to see somebody throw up and then drink it? ... well Bloodhound Gang are playing later!'
Turns out they weren't joking xD
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 23rd, 2009 at 12:08am
asha molly.:

Yep, I'm going to the NFG/Hellogoodbye/Ace Enders one on Tuesday, and the RJA/FTSK/Jack's/Bayside one on Wednesday :D
I'm so glad I'll still get to see Ace + Jack's <33333

Lmao, I thought they were joking when they were like 'who wants to see somebody throw up and then drink it? ... well Bloodhound Gang are playing later!'
Turns out they weren't joking xD

o___o eeeww LOL I just listened to bloodhound gang a bit, ew xD

I'll be at RJA and the Underoath one so I'll see you there, I might get there around 11 or something but I have stuff to do that day and my legs are so stuffed xD I collapsed a few times I ran around way too much
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 23rd, 2009 at 01:56am
Throw a bottle at RJA for me. Lol.

.... yeah, I'm not over last year yet.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 23rd, 2009 at 02:02am

Oh lol, that reminds me, yesterday when RJA were on, the singer was like 'if you hear anybody talking shit about my band, tell them to go fuck themselves'
lmaolmaolmao.
They're ~so hardcore~

But tbh, I quite like them atm, even if everybody else laughs at me for it xD
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 23rd, 2009 at 02:03am
Rh!annon:
Throw a bottle at RJA for me. Lol.

.... yeah, I'm not over last year yet.

im not going for them I'm going for Jack's Mannequin/Forever The Sickest kids.

fuck RJA LOLOLOL
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 23rd, 2009 at 02:54am
LMAO. They're a bunch of pissweak pussy emos that couldn't handle a couple of fans saying "Gee I'm upset you cancelled" and went deletedeletedelete. Now they're trying to be hardcore? Fucktards.

Yeah, I'm so divided. I loved them, and I still love their music, and when I put their shit on I get dancey. But then I think about what they did and I'm like lksjhfaklsdjfhkabf.

I'm not the kind of person who can separate music and personality in my head. If the band are knobs, I generally stop liking them.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 23rd, 2009 at 04:26am

US rockers Foo Fighters may headline a twin-city fundraiser for bushfire and flood victims.

Touring promoters Michael Chugg and Michael Gudinski will stage simultaneous rock events in Melbourne and Sydney on March 14.

Foo Fighters and Kings of Leon are in talks for the MCG show and Coldplay is tipped for the Sydney show.

Chugg and Gudinski will officially announce the shows on Tuesday.

Local stars Silverchair, Powderfinger, Eskimo Joe, Jimmy Barnes and The Veronicas have offered to play at the benefits.

And John Farnham may be lured out of semi-retirement to support relief efforts, but his manager, Glenn Wheatley said The Voice needs to get match fit.

"This tragedy is the only reason for him to consider doing anything," Wheatley said. "John will find it harder than most to do a major live performance as he has not performed in more than three years and had no intention of going out again.

"He has not had a band together in all this time, so it will require an enormous amount of work to pull something together."

Yesterday actor Lisa McCune and singers Russell Morris and Darryl Cotton headlined the Chief Commissioner's Bushfire Appeal Concerts at Melbourne Town Hall.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Christine Nixon said the concert provided an opportunity for communities touched by the devastation to come together to help raise money and for members to unite in support of their emergency services colleagues.

"This is a great opportunity for Melburnians to show their support for bushfire survivors and emergency services colleagues," she said.

"Many members of the emergency services have witnessed firsthand the devastation the bushfires have brought upon communities, so this is an opportunity for them to help support the fundraising efforts.

"Over the past week, police bands have been performing at relief centres across the state and many residents have said how much they've appreciated the performances."

I hate you, Melbourne D:<
Though if Sydney is Coldplay/Powderfinger/Silverchair/The Veronicas, I could be convinced to go to this instead of Mammal.
Actually I'll probably go to this anyway.
But still, I want Foo Fighters for Sydney D:<
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
February 23rd, 2009 at 04:52am
ksdjflksjdklfjklsdjfdjs.
OMG. if the foos are only playing in melbourne i am going.

i really need a job.

edit // shit, it's so soon.
no way i am going to be able to get to that.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 23rd, 2009 at 06:55am
Can you really say you hate Melbourne after the reason that this is going ahead in the first place?

I'll be there regardless of who plays to support the cause. But if The Veronicas play I may have the kill them.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 24th, 2009 at 12:45am
March 14. Tickets are $75. They go on sale next Wednesday.

Official line-up:

Melbourne:

Augie March
Bliss N Eno with Paris Wells
Gabriella Cilmi
Hunters & Collectors
Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson with Troy Cassar-Daley
Jack Johnson
Jet
Kings Of Leon
Liam Finn
Midnight Oil