Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 24th, 2009 at 03:00am
hey guys! so time for soundwave buzz...
I missed Madina Lake too!!! It was awwwful standing there stuck in the line while hearing ML play their entire set...just because some stupid idiots held up the line, I'd assume, for trying to sneak drugs in which called for the police while I was in agony and heartbreak for missing my favourite band on the bill.

and the rest of it was ok...I think I am getting old...I wasn't even half as full on as last year at SW, lol.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 24th, 2009 at 04:19am

The line didn't have anything to do with people trying to bring drugs in (the police were inside the festival, therefore the people who actually got caught would have already been in, and it wouldn't have slowed things down at all), it was poor organisation and planning.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 25th, 2009 at 06:33am

I'm at rja right now..sitting on the floor at the forum because honestly I don't like rja what they did

bayside were good, jacks mannequin were awesome and ftsk were maaaad

met ftsk xD I'm waiting for my friends to finish at devildriver
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 25th, 2009 at 10:35am

while waiting for my bus at station square who walks by and stares at me none other than matt good

weird fftl luck vibe I'm getting
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 25th, 2009 at 06:57pm
Went to Billy Talent last night. Fuck me. It was amaziiiiiiing. Front centre, I haven't been in a mosh for a while, and what a re-introduction. I'm so bruised. And I think something went wrong when a crowd surfer came down on my head. I heard something crack in my neck, and I don't feel so good, but whatever.

Ben sung Roll On again. akjdgfadghbahgfh And right before the last song, Ben was all "I've been saying this at all the Soundwave shows, but when we were flying it this morning, there was smoke. I could still see smoke. When were were back home I was on the internet following everything that was going on. The way you all banded together as a community is such an inspiration to the entire world..." and on he went for a bit. It was so touching. I nearly cried. He looked like he was gonna cry. My God. Death.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 26th, 2009 at 08:32pm
wow xD im home now but the sidewaves were epic, fftl were amazing
i met them all and matt good like 4 times lmfao: there are pics on my myspace but i'll post a few here

i did MEAN to smile i thought i was at least >_>

Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
February 26th, 2009 at 09:15pm
I've got Something With Numbers & Behind Crimson Eyes tonight and I don't even have to leave town! So excited
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
February 27th, 2009 at 06:27am
wow,,its been a whhiiillleee since i've posted in here...

Just thought i'd add to the Billy Talent <3 and the soundwave buzz..
I saw Billy Talent on tues in Sydney,(and at soundwave for that matter, which i didn't think i was too bad, luckily i was there super early and didn't get caught in the lines, although the lack of atm facilites left me essentially broke for the day lol), they were fucking awesome! sooo much fun Smile

and rhiannon, when he said the same thing in sydney, i was about to cry too lol (even though its so much more...relevant for you being in victoria and all) He's such an awesome person, so sincere...
They really need to come back soon, or i'll go insane lol

In other news, Mammal are playing an all ages show!! yayayayay!!!
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
March 1st, 2009 at 03:07am
Yeah, he said the same thing at our Soundwave which was yesterday which was pretty good. I saw Mike Herrera, Madina Lake, Less Than Jake from a distance, Jack's Mannequin who were AWESOME, heard Anberlin while I was with Jules who was barrier for RJA and Nikki & I were behind her. They FINALLY apologised for pulling out last year. It apparently wasn't their fault. Still angry. Anyway then saw Billy Talent, then From First to Last, then ran to the last song of Say Anything, then a bit of Face to Face, Emery, and In Flames, then Funeral for a Friend.

Now, Billy Talent. I'd been looking forward to seeing them since they were announced, they were the only band all day that I knew ALL the words to ALL the songs to. So about 20 mins before they were due to come on, I went over to the stage to get a good spot, ended up about 7 rows back, and there were about 4 rows of people waiting for NIN. Eventually Bloodhound Gang finished singing about mammals and the discovery channel, and BILLY TALENT CAME ON. And it was awesome.

During the second song, a crowd surfer came over. It was in a verse so no one was really squish-tacular at that point, so there was a bit of space around me. And the crowd surfer came RIGHT over me, and landed on my FACE. And it hurt. A lot. Like, I started crying and had to get out of there a lot. I rushed past Shane who like, herded me out, which was so nice of him, and then I stood at the back of the crowd, watching my favourite band of the day from a distance, crying, and blowing blood out of my nose. It sucked. Today the whole left side of my face hurts, my nose is slightly swollen, and my eye has some sort of bloody sore on it.

So that absolutely sucked. But a couple of Jules' friends were there and they were all like *are nice to me* so that was cool, then Nikki & I watched From First to Last (after I got a panadol for my face-land induced headache), and they were HILARIOUS. They were drunk or SOMETHING, like, they really had no idea what they were saying. Like Matt was going on about how one of the guys had a tapeworm and that was their mascot, and that they love Australia because here you can hold koalas, and in America you can't do that, the best you can do is hold a kitten, and anyone can do that so that's kinda lame, and all the koalas are stoned off eucalyptus leaves, and in America people just get stoned off marijuana, and that it's so awesome that you can put 'rad' in front of Adelaide, and you can't just do that with any place, and then tried to make 'Rad-merica' work... it really did not. And they didn't play too much new stuff either so that was good. But yeah.

It was a pretty good day I guess, but just certain aspects of it REALLY sucked. And someone squirted me with tomato sauce, and it got all over the back of my shirt & shorts, and so that was crap too. Last year was definitely better.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 1st, 2009 at 04:31am
Sez, please tell me you didn't buy the "it wasn't our fault" bullshit story?
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
March 1st, 2009 at 05:11am
fuck rja man seriously, no one will forget that i wont >___>

yeah FFTL are idiots,

the bassist manning (with the beard) tried to kiss me but i managed to get it on the cheek xD they're a hyper bunch, they all wanna move here.
they'll be back for a tour next year so im happy!

sw2010 better hurry up XD
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 2nd, 2009 at 02:26am
I was actually expecting RJA to be really good. And I was expecting to love them, and hate the fact that I love them... but they were terrible.

No energy. Ronnie spent more time getting the crowd to sing than singing himself. They just stayed stock still. Ronnie at one point goes, "Are you ready?!" I thought he was gonna start rocking out or something - he flicked his hair behind his ear, squatted down on the speaker and sang. O.o And then there was that really kick arse part in Face Down (you know the bit that's all "One day. She will. Tell you that she has had enoooough" ) and I was getting ready to jump around, expecting them to do the same, and ALL of them stood stock still and kept playing.

I'm like, if they can't get into their own music, how do they expect us to?

I was really disappointed/
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
March 2nd, 2009 at 07:16am
Aww =( that really sucked. They were better than that at Soundwave. And of course I didn't buy their stupid "it wasn't our fault" crap. I mean really. How stupid & forgetful do they think we are?

*wants to go to Sydney Sound Relief*
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 2nd, 2009 at 05:19pm
Apparently, very. It was funny but, cause when they said that at Melbs, people booed, and Cameron yelled out, "Bullshit."

AT least I know I never have to bother with them again.

But wow at Nine Inch Nails. I mean, Billy Talent were favs. But I've loved NIN a loooong time, and never expected them to be THAT good. Totally melt-your-face-off amazing.
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
March 3rd, 2009 at 12:51am
oh, geez. oh, wow. fckin' sweet asssssssss ;D
from their myspace. *froths at the mouth*

BRING ME THE HORIZON;

11 May 2009 8:00 P - The Capitol Perth, Australia
12 May 2009 8:00 P - Heaven Adelaide, Australia
14 May 2009 8:00 P - Billboard (Afternoon, all ages show) Melbourne, Australia
15 May 2009 8:00 P - Billboard (Evening, 18+) Melbourne, Australia
16 May 2009 8:00 P - UNSW Roundhouse Sydney, Australia
17 May 2009 8:00 P - The Tivoli Brisbane, Australia
19 May 2009 8:00 P - Transmission Room Auckland, New Zealand
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
March 3rd, 2009 at 06:28am
Haaaaaaaahahahahha GO CAM.
yilujayss
Fabulous Killjoy
yilujayss
March 4th, 2009 at 05:36am
Pansy.:

12 May 2009 8:00 P - Heaven Adelaide, Australia

I saw that on their myspace the other day. I was like "holy frick" and did a happy dance =]
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
March 4th, 2009 at 06:00am
As in, HQ Heaven? Or is there some sort of new venue that I have never heard of?
Because I'd just like to point out that it's pretty unlikely to be AA if it's at HQ.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
March 4th, 2009 at 08:36am
ahh im having after concert depression wishing i was back at soundwave or from first to last..even sydney xD
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 6th, 2009 at 04:55am

"There's no such thing as a band born to greatness. To succeed in the world of music there's a whole energy-sapping storm of hard work to plough through. Florida's Trivium has surely earned the major contender status that has been afforded them by their legion of adoring fans and the international media.

Their 2005 Sophomore release, Ascendancy, was a bold and dynamic statement of intent that confirmed the potency of Trivium’s precocious talents and charisma. Kerrang! declared it “the most skull-peeling collection of pulverising metal grooves and fretboard annihilation you'll hear in a long time”.

With a swag of awards and sold out stadium tours left in their wake, Trivium have returned with their latest album, Shogun “and it’s a genuine exercise in global domination” – Metal Rage. They have taken their music to new compositional and technical levels while the album's brutal, bone-shattering production means that they've never sounded heavier or more powerful. Shogun is a monstrous achievement that promises to have the cynics and naysayers choking on their toast. Considering how much ambition is on display here, Trivium may have finally churned out their very own "Master Of Puppets." - Metaleater.com.

Ravaging their way to Australia in May, Trivium will be joined by German powerhouse Heaven Shall Burn. Having ultimately shattered the boundaries that stood between death metal and hardcore, Heaven Shall Burn’s stunning portrayal of sheer aggression and musical technicality has quickly caught the attention of extreme music fans across the globe. Miami youngsters and true metal torch bearers, Black Tide, round off this ferocious bill. Although they are not old enough to drive the Tarago to get them from tour to tour, Black Tide have found themselves in the van amongst such luminaries as Avenged Sevenfold, Bring Me The Horizon, Lacuna Coil and Bullet For My Valentine.

TICKETS ON SALE 9am, THURSDAY 19 MARCH

WEDNESDAY 13 MAY BRISBANE, THE TIVOLI – All Ages
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849, Rockinghorse Records & Kill The Music

THURSDAY 14 MAY SYDNEY, UNSW ROUNDHOUSE – Licensed A/A
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849 & Utopia

FRIDAY 15 MAY MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE – 18+
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849 & Missing Link

SUNDAY 17 MAY ADELAIDE, HQ – Licensed All Ages
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849 & www.venuetix.com.au

TUESDAY 19 MAY PERTH, CAPITOL – 18+
www.moshtix.com.au, www.bocs.com.au, 78 Records, Mills Records & Planet"