Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance emo protest to be turned into film

AuthorMessage
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 8th, 2008 at 11:59pm
Lol am I the only one who wasn't pissed off by it? I guess...I thought him calling MCR emo was meant to be satirical.
Jenny.
Jenny.
July 9th, 2008 at 08:29am
^ It was that and the fact that it was implied that Anni was the only leader/organiser that pissed me off.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 9th, 2008 at 12:27pm
I haven't even seen it and I'm already pissed off because 1) he implied that I was the only leader and 2) he was the one shit-stirring by giving out the Daily Mail, just to get some juice for his documentary.
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
July 10th, 2008 at 01:54pm
I saw a small clip of the protest on youtube.com. I'd like to see that documentary and see what the experts think about it. Doesn't it really suck that no matter how many times we say it, people still think MCR is emo? And do they think if they keep saying MCR is emo and causes suicide it's gonna reduce the amount of people that like MCR? Only posers pretending to love MCR are the ones gonna back out and the ones who stay are the real fans!
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 10th, 2008 at 08:05pm
xXInsanexxRockstarXx:
I saw a small clip of the protest on youtube.com. I'd like to see that documentary and see what the experts think about it. Doesn't it really suck that no matter how many times we say it, people still think MCR is emo? And do they think if they keep saying MCR is emo and causes suicide it's gonna reduce the amount of people that like MCR? Only posers pretending to love MCR are the ones gonna back out and the ones who stay are the real fans!

I think, unfortunately, this label will stick. A lot of Nirvana fans don't consider them grunge but now, the label has been said so many times that they'll remain labeled as such.

I think the most MCR can do is deny it and deny it often. There's enough things about them to make the argument false anyway. Also, as the 'emo' movement dies out, so will sensationalism about it. Eventually MCR will no longer be the center of attention, the media and teenies will leave for the next big thing, and we'll have the band to ourselves. I think that would've happened with Nirvana too if Cobain hadn't killed himself.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 10th, 2008 at 08:10pm
The Rumor:
I haven't even seen it and I'm already pissed off because 1) he implied that I was the only leader and 2) he was the one shit-stirring by giving out the Daily Mail, just to get some juice for his documentary.

I think you should tell Audiojunkies how you feel. They're under the impression that you're happy happy joy joy about the doc and you organized the event that they covered.

I'm starting to think you all are right about it anyway. Meh.
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
July 15th, 2008 at 05:17pm
writerGrrl:
xXInsanexxRockstarXx:

I think, unfortunately, this label will stick. A lot of Nirvana fans don't consider them grunge but now, the label has been said so many times that they'll remain labeled as such.

I think the most MCR can do is deny it and deny it often. There's enough things about them to make the argument false anyway. Also, as the 'emo' movement dies out, so will sensationalism about it. Eventually MCR will no longer be the center of attention, the media and teenies will leave for the next big thing, and we'll have the band to ourselves. I think that would've happened with Nirvana too if Cobain hadn't killed himself.

Ooh, thanks i feel better, hopefully the media will leave them alone SOON! Very Happy
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
July 15th, 2008 at 10:19pm
ahh youtube hates me
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
July 28th, 2008 at 10:10am
I was really gutted that I couldn't make it to the protest but it's good to know I'll be able to see it.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
July 28th, 2008 at 11:46am
I had a go at the dude who made it. Then eventually i asked him something like
"Why did you ask them what they would do if that water bottle was the dily mail. Then when you saw that you brought the paper then bragged about causing the commotion. So just why did you do that"

I never got a reply
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
July 28th, 2008 at 11:53am
writerGrrl:
The Rumor:

I think you should tell Audiojunkies how you feel. They're under the impression that you're happy happy joy joy about the doc and you organized the event that they covered.

I'm starting to think you all are right about it anyway. Meh.

They are, because when i was having a go at him he was all like

"Well Anni is happy with it. So it doesn't really matter if you guys are"

and i kept saying how i didn't think that you would be happy with the way he was making you all out to be 'emo's' and crap like that

But he didn't listen
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 28th, 2008 at 03:33pm
Anni hasn't even seen it. xD
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
July 29th, 2008 at 04:07am
emo? Yeah now all MCR fans are emo, eh?

It's great, except for that 'EMO' part, really!
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 29th, 2008 at 09:11am
worthless.:

And there's actually two being made. The other one is being made by OnMeJack productions, and has interviews from Allison, Kate, Alex and I. I'm not sure if the other one does...

Do you know if that one's out? And if so where can one watch it?
Jenny.
Jenny.
July 29th, 2008 at 12:25pm
I have no clue.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 29th, 2008 at 12:39pm
I just mailed him to see how it's going.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 29th, 2008 at 02:10pm
Well I hope it's better than the Audio Junkies's one.
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
July 30th, 2008 at 04:20pm
What a load of bullshit.
That dude was patronizing and manipulative.
He used that unprofessional and somewhat mocking video just to cement people's views of "emo".

I wish emo would just fuck off, it's just another bad representation of yet another made up "cult".

Disgust
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
July 31st, 2008 at 02:40am
MIKEY FOOKIN' WAY:
What a load of bullshit.
That dude was patronizing and manipulative.
He used that unprofessional and somewhat mocking video just to cement people's views of "emo".

I wish emo would just fuck off, it's just another bad representation of yet another made up "cult".

Disgust
To be honest? The word ''emo'' has been fucked up for long...
With all my respect to my mates here who call themselves emo.

But I would never EVER call anyone 'emo' ever again.. because I do not believe in that cult any longer...

Well, it's been screwed up.

Emo means emotional rock, right? Well, then when I call someone 'emo' then it's probably that he is a fan of that genre of music, or just one person with over-loaded emotions?
I hate being called emo, I am not...

And what's so funny is that if I'm not Emo, then I am like scene, and if not scene or whatever you call it, if not, then you are punk.. if not then you are a rocker =S If not, then you are goth, if not then you are satanic! I hate that... and I hate being sort into a category BECAUSE I'M NOT A TYPE OF FRUIT OR VEG REALLY!

Now, many fans call themselves 'emo'... Well, and after they do this video or documentary movie, or whatsoever.. all people around this big fat globe are gonna think we are 'emos'.

Well, a person who supports emoness might say: So what?
Well I say this: I know many emos DO NOT cut, and never will hopefully. But many do, and when the world buys that ALL MCR FANS are to be labeled as Emos, then this will make the sick minds of this world think we all cut. Or that we're all depressed! As a result to their.. stupidity, tbh!

So, this really is a bad idea!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 31st, 2008 at 09:16am
I call myself and my friends emo in order to be funny. Happy birthday, Cherokee. That film sounds like a mockumentary - I'm sorry, you guys.