Don't have an account? Create one!

Role Models

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 20th, 2008 at 03:23am
Pretty Black Sky:

The lyrics...um..what can I say?Whory,stupid,have no meaning (at least to me).

At all the Pussycat Dolls are one of the worst role models,ever lived,or at least I think so.Most girls can't understand that idols like them make them believe in things,who don't exist,for example that it's easy to make a career in show business.Yes,PCD made theirselves popular with one song and quickly became superstars (with which comes the question "Why?" ),but I think that they couldn't get any respect from other artists (except hip-hop singers).
Now I actually really like their song "stick with you" people condemn "whores" but you never really know what got that person to be like that, I'm a very avid reader,and I have read many books about people who were premiscous. and there are many reasons why people do it, and so if you never really lived through what someone else has, what gives you the right to judge them?

Now it is your opinion that they are whores and their music is reflectant of that, but what do you say to like you know the like8 year olds that listen to the Pussy Cat Dolls and aspire to be like them, does that automatically mean they are gonna sleep around?
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 20th, 2008 at 05:31am
To Zanarkand:
seeing it man on man so to speak may result in them growing up to be more accepting

Who cares about the fact that there the same sex?

the doing the exact same as for example, The Pussycat Dolls, in the way that they act in a very sexually provocative way.

Yes, it is exactly the same thing, but you can find a benefit in it (the possible chance of lessened homophobia), with the Pussycat Dolls, it seems to be promoting sleeping around. They are always like that, it isn't reserved for the stage, whereas with Frank and Gerard, offstage, they pretty much keep their hands to their wives. Also, Frank and Gee don't dress provocativly. They stay covered up, unlike the Pussycat Dolls, who dress very revealingly.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 20th, 2008 at 06:45am
Lovesick Melody.:

Here is one lyric that I found.
I like when the physical
Don't leave me asking for more
I'm a sexy mama (mama)
Who knows just how to get what I wanna (wanna)

What do you guys think of groups like this? Neutral
[/color] [/font] [/size]

im not trying to plead PCD's case but alot of MCR's lyrics can be just as bad.

These hands stained red
From the times that I've killed you and then
We can wash down this engagement ring
With poison and kerosene
We'll laugh as we die

Would you want your children to listen to songs with lyrics about killing and murder?
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 20th, 2008 at 06:47am
Another thing that kinda hurts MCR is that many people veiw them as death obsessed or whatever and alot of people get very anxious when they see full grown men, wearing all black and talk about death

But alot of MCR's songs are about death and suicide.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 20th, 2008 at 07:44am
To Zanarkand:

Yes,but they're also about faith,love (Demolition Lovers and The Ghost of You) and other stuff.

I agree that seeing two men kissing is a bit shocking at first.Personally,my reaction seeing Frerard the first time was Shocked
thud ,but now I actually like it (and try to hide it from dad,cause he'd kill me Mr. Green ).Someone above said that they do that kind of things,but they are always well dressed and they never expose some parts of their bodies (except when Gerard's pants fell down and when he tears up his jeans).We all know how PCD dress up,so,it a way another thing.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
August 20th, 2008 at 10:29am
To Zanarkand:
Another thing that kinda hurts MCR is that many people veiw them as death obsessed or whatever and alot of people get very anxious when they see full grown men, wearing all black and talk about death

Sometimes I dont think MCR's songs are about death. I think they have deeper meanings than that. But thats my personal opinion.

When I started REALLY getting into MCR (this was about a year ago), My mother tried LIMITING ME to the songs I listen to, and trying to get me off INO (She knows about it. Just doesnt really care as long as Im safe), because she thought their lyrics were "dark" and "morbid". She had told me she looked up the lyrics to one of their songs and it was disturbing her (She still hasnt told me the name of that song. She "forgot"...but I have a feeling it had to be I Never Told You...)

But I shot back at her "Well at least Im not listening to Manson or Slipknot!" (No offense to anyone. I just hate those bands) and she shot back at me
"Well, darling, MY CHEM IS RIGHT UP THERE WITHT THEM"

Now, I told my friend about this, and she said "It all depends on how an induvidual looks at them"

In my honest opinion, I see MyChem as a band that wants to help kids. Revenge, I will admit, that was a bit dark. But imagine kids like me who wanna get revenge on all the kids who bullied them during school. For me, "Revenge" taught me to never go to far because of the consequences that could follow.

Like my friend, Morgan, pointed out, it all depends on induvidual opinion.

But, I would DEFFINATELY have my kids listen to MCR, considering how much they have helped me through out my Teen years
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 20th, 2008 at 02:25pm
^^ And who says some of PCD's fans don't think like that about the pussycat dolls?
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 20th, 2008 at 04:48pm
To Zanarkand:
^^ And who says some of PCD's fans don't think like that about the pussycat dolls?
Exactly. I'm sure some of the PCD's fans find their sexuality very freeing and feminist. It's probably liberating to be able to be so sexual all the time and not get in trouble or have it be the only part of your talent. Many girls who repress their sexuality probably feel empowered by role models like the girls in PCD. MCR is the same way. While to a lot of people, at face-value, they really do just seem like a bunch of guys obsessed with death and violence (and let's face it, they are a little.) it's up to the fan to decide if they're going to look deeper. It takes research to find out what these guys actually are talking about, and it's very easy to just not dig that deep. I mean, you guys aren't digging that deep into PCD.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 20th, 2008 at 09:07pm
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
Yes, it is exactly the same thing, but you can find a benefit in it (the possible chance of lessened homophobia)

But we where discussing how appropriate either would be for younger children, and to me any kind of overt sexuality isn't appropriate for young kids. You would only be able to distinguish the difference between the two if you where older.

with the Pussycat Dolls, it seems to be promoting sleeping around. They are always like that, it isn't reserved for the stage.

It is in there music and videos as well, but in real life I doubt they are some kind of advanced super sluts. As Faye Merci said it can actually be very freeing for a woman to act that way. I honestly like to dance very dirtily because it makes me feel sexy. I don't like my body, so to be able to feel when I dance that way is really awesome for me.

Also, Frank and Gee don't dress provocativly. They stay covered up, unlike the Pussycat Dolls, who dress very revealingly.

That's because Frank and Gerard aren't girls. I mean, how does a guy dress provocatively? Unless you count super tight pants, but then they wear those so then they are dressing provocatively.

The point is moot. The fact is that a lot of musical acts these days are geared towards older people. The PCD aren't aiming their music at young girls, their audience is teenagers and up. Likewise MCR's music isn't for young children. Both of their acts are inappropriate for a young audience. The people who listen to PCD and MCR are old enough to know what is right and what is wrong.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
August 20th, 2008 at 10:49pm
To Zanarkand:

Im not saying PCD fans dont think like that. Im just saying how I think My Chem are good role models beside of what some people can be blind to.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 20th, 2008 at 11:14pm
demolished lover.:
Im not saying PCD fans dont think like that. Im just saying how I think My Chem are good role models beside of what some people can be blind to.

Well the same thing can be said about PCD.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 23rd, 2008 at 06:10pm
Eponine:

But we where discussing how appropriate either would be for younger children, and to me any kind of overt sexuality isn't appropriate for young kids. You would only be able to distinguish the difference between the two if you where older.

I agree with you, I don't think that the My Chem stage show is suitable for younger kids, but they aren't exposed to it so much. PCD were on all the music shows, which were on at family times, so younger children would see it. In order for a young child to see My Chem acting sexually, they would have to be at a concert, in which case their parents would either be there to cover their eyes, or they would've decided that it is acceptable. (I take offense to the fact that you think that because I'm only 16, I don't know the difference between people kissing on stage, and someone proclaiming to the world that wearing practically nothing makes you 'get the guy').

It is in there music and videos as well, but in real life I doubt they are some kind of advanced super sluts. As Faye Merci said it can actually be very freeing for a woman to act that way. I honestly like to dance very dirtily because it makes me feel sexy. I don't like my body, so to be able to feel when I dance
that way is really awesome for me.

I personally think that for a woman to be, as you put it, an 'advanced super slut' on stage, then they are likely to dress in a reasonably similar way normally, and I find it offensive. I was brought up to respect women, and I think that women should respect themselves, and acting like that, I don't think it's respectful. I think that whilst it might make a woman feel free, or sexy, it also lowers her, to a level that she shouldn't have to be on. I just personally don't think it is right to project that to the world. Young children don't know the meaning of 'sexy' or to a certain extent 'free', so they are just going to see women dressed 'different to Mommy', and they're gonna grow up to think that it's fine, normal, and acceptable, to either act like that all the time, or to expect women to act like that.

That's because Frank and Gerard aren't girls. I mean, how does a guy dress provocatively? Unless you count super tight pants, but then they wear those so then they are dressing provocatively.

I would say that a man dressing provocatively would be a man who wears his pants so low you can see pubes, most likely topless, and does that most of the time. It is a lot harder for a man to dress provocatively, I acknowledge that, but they still dress in what I would consider a more acceptable fashion.

(I don't know what moot means...)
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 23rd, 2008 at 06:48pm
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
I take offense to the fact that you think that because I'm only 16, I don't know the difference between people kissing on stage, and someone proclaiming to the world that wearing practically nothing makes you 'get the guy'

Well I didn't mean to offend you. By older I meant 13/14 and up. And that's not what the PCD do.

I personally think that for a woman to be, as you put it, an 'advanced super slut' on stage, then they are likely to dress in a reasonably similar way normally, and I find it offensive. I was brought up to respect women, and I think that women should respect themselves, and acting like that, I don't think it's respectful. I think that whilst it might make a woman feel free, or sexy, it also lowers her, to a level that she shouldn't have to be on.

Well, I've seen plenty of photos of them where they are wearing normal clothing. (i.e. t-shirt and jeans)
And who says the PCD don't respect themselves? They seem to have a lot of self respect. I don't think it lowers them at all. They are very self confident and that's a good thing for women to be. It's also not a bad thing for a woman to be sexually confident. Being sexy isn't a bad thing. They emphasize the way they look because they feel that they look good. It's only degrading if you make it degrading.

I would say that a man dressing provocatively would be a man who wears his pants so low you can see pubes

I wouldn't call that provocative, I'd call that disgusting. Nobody wants to see other's pubic hair, no matter what gender they are.

(I don't know what moot means...)

Basically that neither of us is right or wrong because the subject is too uncertain.
jfc113
Salute You in Your Grave
jfc113
August 23rd, 2008 at 07:13pm
I think it's all up to you who you look up to.

Since people have been complaining about Miley Cyrus, I just wanted to say this: I'm not a fan of her at all, but what's so wrong with little kids looking up to her?
They're really young, do you expect them to look up to someone who's trying to change the world or stop global warming?
It's not like she's doing anything bad. I think the "worst" I've heard people complain about her is in some movie thing she did, she wasn't wearing a seat belt in the car...Yeah, she might be there just to make money for Disney, but still. The kids don't know that...

I'm not going to complain if people look up to pop-stars. You can say they encourage some inappropriate things for young kids, but couldn't someone argue back about rock music?
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 23rd, 2008 at 07:23pm
Eponine:
It's only degrading if you make it degrading.
I personally think that it is.

I wouldn't call that provocative, I'd call that disgusting. Nobody wants to see other's pubic hair, no matter what gender they are.

Not pubes exactly, but I didn't know how else to put it. You know, when a guy wears his jeans so low that you get that sort of 'v'. You know? it's like just above the pube-line. I don't know how to put it.

Basically that neither of us is right or wrong because the subject is too uncertain.

okay
Eponine:

Well I didn't mean to offend you. By older I meant 13/14 and up.
sorry, I read 'you' as meaning 'me', rather than 'one'.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 23rd, 2008 at 07:42pm
Well we just have different opinions. Most of the people who listen to PCD and MCR are around 15 or 16 so they're old enough to have their own opinions on this stuff.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
September 13th, 2008 at 05:37pm
Just to re-vamp this discussion , Miley Cyrus has a song called 'Wake-up america.' It's all about saving our planet and looking after were we live.

'But everything I read
Is global warming
Going green
I don't know
What all this means
But it seems
To be saying

Wake up America
We're all
In this together
It's our home
So let's take care of it
You know that you want to
You know that you got
To wake up America

I think thats quite a positive message to look up to.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 13th, 2008 at 06:17pm
Wow, that's actually really cool.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 13th, 2008 at 07:03pm
To Zanarkand:
Just to re-vamp this discussion , Miley Cyrus has a song called 'Wake-up america.' It's all about saving our planet and looking after were we live.

'But everything I read
Is global warming
Going green
I don't know
What all this means
But it seems
To be saying

Wake up America
We're all
In this together
It's our home
So let's take care of it
You know that you want to
You know that you got
To wake up America

I think thats quite a positive message to look up to.
that is a very positive thing that she is saying, but how many little girls who admire her are gonna understand realy what she is trying to say?
YOUshouldn'tHave...
Killjoy
YOUshouldn'tHave...
September 15th, 2008 at 06:36pm
OKay now, as a normal mcr fan, eveybody would say, yah, my role models are gerard, mikey, frank, bob and ray. And seriously I really love them all to death. But realistikly, my role model has got to be gerard way. Im not saying the other band members havent gone through this but, people gave gerard a hard time in school (so I hear) and I also am like that. So Thats part of the reason...I have gone through that same kind of thing as him. And knowing someone THAT famous has dealt with that is cool. And another thing is, Gerard is such a nice guy. He seems so caring. Like the kind of guy that if you ever got to meet him, he would talk to you about like...your life problems and he would care. And when you feel like nobody else cares...thats good. But seriously Gerard is my role model in so many ways I can't even name them all right now. but u know...the point is Gerard Way seems like the nicest guy on Earth and that is why he is my role model. Smile