Don't have an account? Create one!

Role Models

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 15th, 2008 at 07:06pm
My Dear Delirious:
but should they be admired as much as a real person who may have went through something similary?
To me, it isn't the case of whether someone "should or shouldn't". If someone identifies more with a literary character, then that's their deal. If they don't have anyone to look up to, or don't want anyone in real life to look up to, then I don't see why people cannot have characters as role models. Especially if they're characters who have real human qualities. Sometimes people are more content looking up to characters.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
November 15th, 2008 at 11:33pm
My Dear Delirious:
um...I just wanted to piont out I was just using an example, and yes fictionaly characters can be very admirable, but should they be admired as much as a real person who may have went through something similary?

What about if you didn't have a real person who you would want to look up to at the time? Just because a character in a story goes through something that a real life person has gone through doesn't mean I would look around for a real person thats gone through the same thing.
Im.Just.Me-.-
Fabulous Killjoy
Im.Just.Me-.-
November 16th, 2008 at 04:57am
^ Agreed. So true.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 17th, 2008 at 10:38am
Remember to make sure that your posts contribute to the discussion Wink
MCRForeverAndEver
Killjoy
MCRForeverAndEver
November 17th, 2008 at 11:23am
My role models are Gerard, Frank, Mikey , Bob and Ray. I dont know why, but they just are. They inspire me to look at the world in a diffrent way. They are truly amaizng.
I think it is good to have someone to look up to
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
February 26th, 2010 at 08:21am
imaginary friends.:

Now, I don't see what's so bad about having a role model, as long as it's not taken too far so the person copies every little thing and knows every little thing their role model does.

Totally agreed.
I tend to look at role models as somebody I look up to, or has inspired me. Role models shouldn't be people you want to become.