Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumours thread

AuthorMessage
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 12th, 2008 at 08:02am
For the mods, with love:

Questions about the band, their music, soundtracks they may be appearing on, and any other unconfirmed information can be asked and will be answered HERE.

HERE is where ALL HAIR info should go. Pleasefortheloveofstfrankieofessex.

I heard that Emperor Prince of the Hapan Consortium Barone Count Keeper of the Popsicle is very angry that his tiara was bent after *SOMEONE* just couldn't make the midnight trip to Starbucks without it, claiming it was official state business and couldn't go out in less than their best.
meganelizabeth
Thinking Happy Thoughts
meganelizabeth
October 12th, 2008 at 08:41am
i found an actual actual real rumour!
(courtesy of Oxycontin Genocide, courtesy of mychemicalfreak.com.)

okay so the rumour goes that this site is a site frank made in 1999 while he was at uni.
there is also this essay which is believed to be written by frank about a person he thought had intellectual courage: his father. how very frank iero. Wink

of course there is no proof this is real, but i found it slightly believable.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 12th, 2008 at 09:39am
psychochip:
For the mods, with love:

Questions about the band, their music, soundtracks they may be appearing on, and any other unconfirmed information can be asked and will be answered HERE.

HERE is where ALL HAIR info should go. Pleasefortheloveofstfrankieofessex.

I heard that Emperor Prince of the Hapan Consortium Barone Count Keeper of the Popsicle is very angry that his tiara was bent after *SOMEONE* just couldn't make the midnight trip to Starbucks without it, claiming it was official state business and couldn't go out in less than their best.
I fucking love you, Tabs.

Everyone listen to Tabs. Cuz she's right and said everything I wanted to say, but in smaller font and in a nicer way.
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 12th, 2008 at 10:11am
meganelizabeth:
i found an actual actual real rumour!
(courtesy of Oxycontin Genocide, courtesy of mychemicalfreak.com.)

okay so the rumour goes that this site is a site frank made in 1999 while he was at uni.
there is also this essay which is believed to be written by frank about a person he thought had intellectual courage: his father. how very frank iero. Wink

of course there is no proof this is real, but i found it slightly believable.

Go back a coupla pages. File
XD
It is pretty funny though

---
Tabs, did I ever tell you that I fucking love you?
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 12th, 2008 at 04:11pm
Tabs for President
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 12th, 2008 at 06:22pm
Thanks for all the love, guys. In Love I love all of you as well. *hugs*

I hereby announce my candidacy for Prez, just for Naomi. Billy Corgan is my running mate for vice-prez, and I will run on the platform of mandatory 3-day weekends, changing the national anthem to WTTBP, instituting a ban on children under 12 in the theater after 7 pm at R-rated movies, and making the birthdays of MCR members into national holidays. I will change the American meal to Macaroni and Cheese served with your choice of Hot Pocket, the American Pastime will become watching Joss Whedon television shows, and Comic Book Conventions will be about COMIC BOOKS -- we will no longer allow anime booths, and I *will* ban Pocky if anyone defies me.

~Johnson/Corgan '08!~

end of spam!
meganelizabeth
Thinking Happy Thoughts
meganelizabeth
October 13th, 2008 at 04:08am
i love inoXmhc:

Go back a coupla pages. File
XD
It is pretty funny though

---
Tabs, did I ever tell you that I fucking love you?

the one time i didnt read through the last few pages before posting..
Rolling Eyes
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
October 13th, 2008 at 11:45am
psychochip:

I hereby announce my candidacy for Prez, just for Naomi. Billy Corgan is my running mate for vice-prez, and I will run on the platform of mandatory 3-day weekends, changing the national anthem to WTTBP, instituting a ban on children under 12 in the theater after 7 pm at R-rated movies, and making the birthdays of MCR members into national holidays. I will change the American meal to Macaroni and Cheese served with your choice of Hot Pocket, the American Pastime will become watching Joss Whedon television shows, and Comic Book Conventions will be about COMIC BOOKS -- we will no longer allow anime booths, and I *will* ban Pocky if anyone defies me.

~Johnson/Corgan '08!~

In Love
Run for world president.

[/spam]
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 13th, 2008 at 03:33pm
Nutella With Forks:

In Love
Run for world president.

[/spam]

took the words right out of my outh Fiona.

although, Tabs, I don't get how animé booths are allowed in Comic Cons now anyways, they're not comics!
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
October 13th, 2008 at 08:15pm
Tabs, have I ever mentioned how much I love you? Be president now, plzthnx. And take over Canada while you're at it, 'cause I'd like all that stuff too.
John Lennon
Killjoy
John Lennon
October 13th, 2008 at 11:59pm
psychochip:

~Johnson/Corgan '08!~

end of spam!

Sounds better than the candidates we have to pick from this go around.

FYI manga = comic book. Wink

Spider-Man FTW. xD
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 14th, 2008 at 07:32am
But anime = an annoying subculture that takes over a comic-con, both with their annoying-ness and their overlarge cosplay props that leave you unable to enjoy a show because you're busy ducking under their giant squash drum, giant foam sword, or their giant hair, takes up booth space that could be used for *real* comics, and generally lowers the level of the con overall because since we don't cater to them (read: we don't leave tons of cosplay space aside for them to whack each other on the heads with foam "swords" and none of the guests are from popular anime shows so they on the whole treat them like dirt) they sit around and whine about the con not doing anything to include them. GO GET YOUR OWN CON AND LEAVE OURS ALONE. Buncha Pocky-eatin' SOBs.

Not to mention, we have our own comic geek/gamer funk, thank you very much. We don't need to add in the hentai crowd.

I remember one year a con brought in a Japanese pop group to appease the Pocky-folk. Jeebus Crist spread over melba toast and flambed to medium rare but that was a freakin' mess. Got them out of the hall for two glorious hours though.

Manga is not comics. Manga is (what I've read) based off Japanese video games and television shows. Don't even get me started what I've had to take away from kids because they put cute little chibi on the front then multi-penised mechs systematically raping Sailor Moon inside, and God forbid the parents flip through it to see what their child will be reading.

Batman: Gotham Knights was pretty f'n sweet though. That can stay. I decree it.

~Johnson/Corgan 08~

We are so going to get blasted for spamming the thread!
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
October 14th, 2008 at 10:52am
[rant]
Manga is the Japanese word for comic books. It does not just mean the 'manga style art' that it is commonly associated with. Much popular anime is made after a manga, but not usually the other way round. Due to the relatively small demand for it, much of the manga released in the UK and probably the US is bastardised version of it's Japanese counterpart, owing to the popularity of a certain series (Ie. Naruto or Bleach).

Saying that all manga is hentai is kind of like saying all comics are for kids. Also, they all come with age ratings on the back, just like films and video games, and any with explicit content are sold covered with shrink wrap, in the UK at least. If it's not appropriate reading material for a child, I venture that the shop should not sell it to them!

Just don't like to see manga get bad press because it's not as 'legitimate' as American comics, in the same way I don't like metal elitists who diss MCR for the same reason. [/end rant]

Apologies for spamming *runs and hides*
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 14th, 2008 at 11:32am
^^ Fair enough. I guess the point I was trying to make was that long ago the comics community extended a hand in friendship to the anime/manga community by setting aside a small portion of the show for them. Now they have overrun them and it's frustrating (as an American comic fan) to see how they treat non-anime/manga guests. And I could add in all the non-manga booths -- like the ones that sell the little hats, the ones that sell the cat-ears and tails, the ones that sell Japanese drinks and snacks, the ones that sell the plushies/furries -- point is, they're now popular enough that they could get along on their own without taking up half of a comic con.

I would say that manga are more graphic novels really -- not serial books like comics, at least, not here in the US. And I know that not all manga is hentai, but I have seen hentai make it into the hands of children, whether that be due to irresponsible store owners of irresponsible parenting. I have also seen little kids reading Punisher War Journals -- doesn't make it right, but again, who is to blame, the store owner or the parent?

All that being said, anime/manga is now popular enough to have several anime-only gatherings throughout the year, whereas comics are pretty much left only Baltimore and Heroes Con as non-anime/non-crossover shows.

That's my last word on it. I apologize if I offended anyone, it was meant in jest at first. For the record, I do also enjoy *some* anime shows and manga books. (Just not hentai)

sorry for the spam. is done.
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 14th, 2008 at 11:41am
Please stop spamming, guys XD
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
October 14th, 2008 at 07:21pm
so apprently one of Mikey and Alicia's pets died. anyone hear anything about that?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 14th, 2008 at 07:51pm
yeah. they died. in fact i ate them.

/lies
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
October 14th, 2008 at 08:46pm
earth2themorgue:
so apprently one of Mikey and Alicia's pets died. anyone hear anything about that?

Not recently, although I think they used to have another cat. Months and months ago, there were pictures of it on her myspace and then suddenly they were gone. So maybe that cat died? Although that was a while ago, so unless you're talking about a completely new death. If so, I haven't heard anything about it.
anthony green.
In The Murder Scene
anthony green.
October 14th, 2008 at 09:21pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
yeah. they died. in fact i ate them.

/lies
wait, then whose cat did i eat? Shocked

/more lies

--

it's possible that one of their pets could have died, but i'm not sure *le shrug*
i'd say to check alicia's myspace, but she hasn't been online in a while.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
October 14th, 2008 at 10:24pm
Lightning Zap:
earth2themorgue:

Not recently, although I think they used to have another cat. Months and months ago, there were pictures of it on her myspace and then suddenly they were gone. So maybe that cat died? Although that was a while ago, so unless you're talking about a completely new death. If so, I haven't heard anything about it.

oh yeah i remember that! all of a sudden she just took the picture down of that cat and stopped talking about it. i dont think thats the recent one i heard about though.
i dunno, its probably bullshit anyway.