Don't have an account? Create one!

School Legends

AuthorMessage
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:06am
When my physics teacher was a nqt, he was teaching this really difficult class, and he was writing on the board, and this kidcome up to him, and says 'My shoes on fire', and cause they'd been messing about, he didn't believe him, and told him to go and sit down. The kid just walked off, and then came back, cause his leg was on fire. And the teacher turned around, and the kid's just standing there, with both his pant legs alight, with a cigarette, like it was a perfectly normal thing to do.
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:35am
Wow, everyone's stories are made of lol. xD
I don't think mine will measure up... >.<

•Every year at my school the seniors organize a 'mock assembly' in which they dress up as all the teachers in the school and take over assembly. And it's the only day that the hall is crammed, because it's the only assembly worth going to.

•My PE teacher's package is legendary. Everyone checks him out when he's wearing bike shorts xD

•The languages block is haunted by a girl called Jesse who died of pneumonia when the classrooms used to be the school sick bay.
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:47am
Oh, and.
Courtney Love went to my school for about a year. It was aeons ago, and only three teachers can remember her, but it was The Courtney Love.
Someone scratched 'Courtney Harrison' into the wall of my Social Studies classroom, and some people think it was her, but I truley doubt it.
wasted youth.
Demolition Lover
wasted youth.
September 22nd, 2008 at 05:52am
Bitchin' Bryar:

that is too awesome, i love courtney love. xD

i'm not sure if it happens every year or not, but last year the teachers at my school remade music videos. they made it into a dvd and gave every year twelve one at their graduation. i only know about this because my old teacher showed me and a couple of other people. it was the funniest thing i've ever seen in my life.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
September 22nd, 2008 at 08:54am
one time, a bunch of kids undid all the screws on this chair, stood it so that it stayed up,
and then video-recorded the teacher sitting on it and just falling on the floor. xD

and there's a rumour that there was a skitz who went nuts and tried to crucify a kid
in a tech room, but that's obviously just there for the year sevens who'll believe any
thing you tell them. ;/

& there's a bunch of fountains at our school.
so we put washing up liquid in them and had a bubble fest! : D

& something really stupid a bunch of year elevens did, was throw fireworks around. ;/
it was fun watching them go off, but they were playing catch with them as the
fuses were burning. and because everyone was so hyper, they kept missing, and
one nearly exploded in me & my best mate's faces. but it's funny looking back. xD
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:51pm
2 years ago my old high school had the first and only mosh pit at our Pep-Rally. We used to have like an actual local band come and play the peprally, but after that happened, the marching bands plays it now and it sucks... YAY for me being in college
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:56pm
Several years ago a girl fell from the catwalk(approx. 45-55 ft. up) at my school...she lived.
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
September 22nd, 2008 at 07:25pm
To understand the hilarity I have to tell you about Mr Griffiths.

He's the deputy head and teaches economics, and is one of those teachers that can make a first year cry by looking at them. He's never had to shout at anyone, his mere presence can scare anyone outside the sixth form. He is however, a brilliant public speaker, he'll do maybe five assemblies a year for the upper years and people are actually disappointed to miss them. He year 7's only get to see one of his assemblies in the week before christmas when he reads 'The Grinch'. He does this for all the years, but it's the one time year 7 sees him. Even the sixth formers find it hilarious, just because he is very frightening to young children as they can remember, and he reads The Grinch perfectly. Griffiths is a legend in himself.

Also, when I was a year 10 most of the year 11's were a bunch of right bleeders and on their last day there was this rumour going round that any teacher wearing pink was glad to see the back of them. Turned out it wasn't a rumour. Every teacher that had taught a year 11 class that year was wearing a pink shirt.

As a sixth former there's also just a lot of legendary banter between students and teachers.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 22nd, 2008 at 07:41pm
^Ouch
A buddy of mine feel a good 15" from the lighting cage to the stage and walked around dazed for a while before the nurse realized he had a concusion, but thats nothing compared to the catwalk.

In 7th grade this chick was late for math just casue she was talking in the hall. So my math teacher grabbed her keys and as the chick was about to walk in, she threw her weight on the door sending the girl spread eagled to the other wall and locked her out!

Two subsitutes have left lasting impressions to me:

The first was this balding over-weight upright stiff of a guy, who gave this whole speech before class about "how he demands the respect he deserves" and we're all like "dude you're just baby sittin us." Some how we start discusing music and he just casually rolls off "Oh yeah, I saw Hendrix. It was back in Woodstock." My jaw apsolutly dropped, of all the crazy hippes I've ever met, non had ever made it out to Woodstock or seen the God known as Jimi Hendrix, and here was this boring old sub throwin it out there.

Of all the subs at my school, there is one EVERYONE knows: Mr.Agular
He's a short nerdy lookin guy with glasses and a pony tail who talks rather softly. The first thing anyone ever asks is how his band is coming. And the answer always starts the same: "Oh the album will be out in two weeks, its just that -insert obsticle here-." For the past three years, his album is always two weeks away from releasal. I've heard every excuse from the artwork needing apprval to his drummer leaving for Sweden. The kicker is that of all things its a "screamo band" because you can hear samples on his myspace. Just the idea of this shy little guy who appears to be living in his own world, screaming his lungs out and hoping for a record deal just cracks me up.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 22nd, 2008 at 08:18pm

we've had MANY bomb threats, seriously, we get one like, every 4 or 5 months. but one was so bad last year, they actually thought it was real.
i mean, every time we'd get one, they'd take us outside and away from the school. but with this one, we had to leave campus like, all the way. we were all the way in the middle of the neighborhood next to the school. usually we just went off a little past the campus, but not much.
and then like, a week later, i was in my history class, 2nd period. and the police and our principal and vice principal came in and pointed to this kid, Trey, and said "we need you, now." and he got up and grabbed his books, and one of the police officers was like "leave your books."
and they handcuffed him, because he was the one who did the bomb threat. so, we basically got to watch someone get arrested, which was really cool. xD

and that same year, this whore girl, haley, jumped on top of this guy, zach, and she made him fall down and he hit his head on the side of one of the portables (they were outside), and it busted his head open.
he was gone for like a month, and when he came back, he had staples in his head.

but the day it happened, there was like blood all over the hallways and stuff from him running to the office.
it was so shoking.
joni.
Shotgun Sinner
joni.
September 22nd, 2008 at 10:18pm
My friend got his about half of his finger cut off in Office Technology.
Yes. Office Technology.
I have no idea how.

This senior was gonna sit on a table, and she put her finger under it, to push herself up onto it, and it cut her finger off.

There are alot of people at my school with missing fingers.
tranarchy.
Demolition Lover
tranarchy.
September 23rd, 2008 at 08:02pm
when we had the science war in 9th grade. one day the other science teacher decided to start throwing ping-pong balls into the classroom and soon it turned into this whole thing between the two classes. i think we wasted a week of classes on it the other teacher decided to stop bothering us cause we hid his favourite chair in the girls bathroom. xD. omgosh though we did some crazy stuff that week.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
September 24th, 2008 at 08:18am
last year there was a battle of the bands in the gym, and there was a mosh pit going on, next thing i know there was a report of a girl who broke her arm or something from moshing x]]

and there was a school fair a few months ago, someone fell off the ferris wheel..but he lived.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
September 24th, 2008 at 08:19am
Well, supposedly at my old high school, in the theater, some girl got stuck underneath the stage and I think died down there. Now, apparantly, her ghost haunts the theater. o.O
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
September 24th, 2008 at 08:23am
there was a girl who fell off the third or second floor of the high school building two years ago, she lived though.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
September 24th, 2008 at 01:19pm
a boy once got so pissed off at an english teacher he jumped out of the second floor window.
and apparently, he landed on his hands and knees, dusted himself off, and walked off home.
it was long before i was there, but everyone just knows about it, and accepts it for fact.
lmfao
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
September 24th, 2008 at 01:27pm
Some legend of a kid spray-painted "Ms. Hammond is fucking Ms. Oxley", being headteacher and head of media studies. Within ten minutes of every knowing it was painted over by our crazy janitor.
Speaking of which, he hobbles around school mumbling about white kids to himself a lot. He's a weird man, but we'll always love him.

Oh, and my old head of year was packing something in his trousers...
He'd take assembly, and my old class sat at the front, and he'd pace up and down the hall, and everytime he went past me I was like..o.0
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
September 24th, 2008 at 08:56pm
State High's legendary teachers:
Mr Weekes: Vietnam vet, must be about 230 years old, taught my best friend's parents when THEY were in high school, and is still kicking around.

Ms Van Deventer (aka KRUSTY): Nicknamed because of her unfortunate resemblance to Krusty the Klown. A lifelong virgin, she admitted it to a student when he asked her, then promptly had him suspended for sexual harassment. A nice enough old lady, very Christian, but always the butt of jokes around school.

Mrs Florence (aka Skeletor): Tall, bone-skinny, cropped grey hair, and a temper like you wouldn't believe. We all hated her.

Mr Kirkman: He took his shirt off at a swimming carnival and within two minutes, the whole school knew he had both nipples pierced. His cool factor, which was already above average, skyrocketed.

Mr Reah (aka Jesus): So named because he was tall, very thin, and had shoulder-length hair and a full-face beard. Shaved it all off in front of the school for cancer fundraising, looked hilarious. Promptly grew it back.

Mr Ryan: First name Basil. 'Nuff said. I remember an incident where a student blew up some balloons, wrote 'Basil is gay' all over them, and tied them to a windowsill outside Mr Ryan's staffroom.

Mr & Mrs Head: No, his first name is not Richard. Unfortunately. Pretty cool art teachers, though.

Other school legends include:
The tale of Jaimie Munzer. Beloved, popular and very pretty student, snuck into a bar with her friends one night (underage, obvs), proceeded to get blind drunk, then promptly walked out in front of a car. Died in hospital three days later. Friends swear on their lives that they contacted her through a ouija board several times, and things went fine until she apparently communicated that it was dark, lonely and frightening where she was, and wanted someone to come with her. The kids with the ouija board ditched it and refuse to speak of it to this day.

The tale of Renee L (I won't publish her last name because it's such a good story): Year 11 Leadership Camp of my year was probably the best ever. I bailed on the first day, so I only heard what happened when everyone got back, but the story goes that out at Kroombit Tops (the national park where Leadership Camp is usually held), there was an American guy in his early 20's working on 'the ranch'. Renee, who's a very pretty, very arrogant girl, took a shine to him, and despite his best efforts to gently rebuff her advances, she seduced him after the disco on the last night of camp. In his defence, he'd been drinking all afternoon, getting ready to relax once all the students went home.
Renee's cabin mates (all five of them) were woken a few hours after the disco by the sound of Renee and the American guy having very loud, athletic sex in the bunk bed below one of the girls. They naturally snitched, being those kind of girls, and upon arrival back at school, Renee was suspended for four weeks (being the longest you can be suspended for, before you're expelled). The unfortunate backpacker, however, fared much worse - as Renee was only 15 at the time (a fact she failed to mention), he was charged with statutory rape, had his Visa cancelled, and was deported back to the States.
Renee came back after her suspension, and it was like something out of a movie: She's walking through the halls, and everybody, I mean EVERYBODY, is standing there screaming, 'Whore!' 'Slut!' 'Tart!' 'Skank!' 'Troll!' etc etc etc.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer girl.
Even most of her friends ditched her after that incident, as they didn't want to be associated with such a complete skank.

There was the fight between Mitch Payne and some other guy, that resulted in Mitch being tackled by a teacher, and both of them falling over a retaining wall. Mitch broke his arm.

Ashley Ward put the smackdown on Josh Purcell, only to be tackled over a garden bed by Mr Reah. When it rains, there is a body-shaped puddle near L Block where it happened.

Our school had a program where American exchange students on a month-long tour of Australia would be billeted with families at the school for a weekend. We'd have a big disco, to which everyone at school was invited, and it was great fun.
My family hosted billets every year, and we had some great fun. Naturally, the students were forbidden to use drugs or alcohol, or smoke, but once they were in our houses, we'd let our hair down. One year, our billets were Shayley and Nicole. Nicole was a good little Christian, who showed us photos from Bible Camp and pictures of her at church. Shayley was pretty party hardy, and we went to a girl's birthday party. Shayley was great, we got drunk and laughed all night, and then wondered where Nicole was. After a quick search, we found her huddled in a corner, blind drunk, making out with Heath Davie. She begged us to take him home with us, but we didn't have enough room in the car. He offered to hang onto the roof of the car... good times. My mother was suitably mortified.

Prom was pretty epic. Chris got up and sang Devo's 'Whip It' during karaoke hour, and I don't think I'll ever not laugh when I think of it. Our prom party had jelly wrestling, Marilyn Manson on the stereo, and everybody losing the engraved rum glasses that the school principal had given us as graduation gifts that morning.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 24th, 2008 at 11:06pm
^Whoa, those were some nice ones...

Thought I might expand the topic abit as this next Legend is one that my Uncle lived through. He honestly never gets teird of telling them:

After a football game, a bunch of kids from the rival school were hangin at the local drugstore. My uncle and his friend walked up and he started talkin trash. Aparantly a fight broke out and the rival kids dived on top of my uncle, but once he gets himself oriented, he starts to "snake his way out from the bottom and run away" while the kids continue to beat each other up thinking it was him.

My 8th grade home room teacher went to high shcool with my Uncle, and his (my uncle) best friend not only beat my teacher up, he shot him with a BB gun. lol
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
September 24th, 2008 at 11:15pm
there have been numerous ppl who've had seizers/gone into a coma during school.

some ppl actually get pregnant during school!

one of the newspaper editors for the school newspapers misprint the front headline, which was something about punic wars, to 'pubic wars'

at any given point 10% of the student body will be drunk

last year some kid brought a crow-bar to school and tore up some other kid's head because he raped the other guy's sister

edit: oh ya! and the teacher from france who got deported HA! the same year a foreign exchange student from france got sent back because he was selling drugs!