kafe.:
Image Image
click for full size. c/c is always appreciated (:

I love these. I am really drawn to the second one. Looks awesome! Smile
little birds.
Salute You in Your Grave
little birds.
May 8th, 2009 at 04:33am
I went to an arboretum near where I live last weekend, and took some photos.
Here are some of my favourites:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

I'd really appreciate any c/c. =)
James Owen. Sullivan
Banned
James Owen. Sullivan
May 8th, 2009 at 05:16am
Image Image

two from yesterday, I haven't finished editing/uploading all my favourites yet.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
May 8th, 2009 at 11:49am
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes...

I need a new camera. my little crappy digital one that's eight years old will not do anymore, and I'm wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions... my only criteria is that it has to be under $200, and preferrably digital- I've heard Nikon is one of the better brands... But otherwise, I'm completely clueless. =)

thanks. =D

Oh- and I LOVE the pictures taken from that lightbox a page or so ago- amazing! the colors are just awesome... =)
James Owen. Sullivan
Banned
James Owen. Sullivan
May 8th, 2009 at 11:58am
aaand the rest from the other day and some from a couple weeks ago Smile

Image Image Image Image Image
Exposure.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Exposure.
May 8th, 2009 at 12:52pm
just a trio i did, more on my Deviantart

c/c?
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
May 8th, 2009 at 01:14pm
Douchebag Gayberg.:

I love those! Especially that one with the flower, the coloring is so relaxing and beautiful.
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
May 8th, 2009 at 01:26pm
Shavo Odadjian.:

imo, nikon is the best camera brand out there. canon is okay too, but nikon is more user-friendly and overall you get more out of the money if you buy a nikon.
there's a lot of other advantages with nikon. since it's on of the biggest brands, it's easier getting it repaired if needed, you easily find things like lenses and such in stores, and a lot of other brands (tamaron, sigma ect) makes lenses for nikon. you can also get more money back if you decide to sell your camera than you can with many other brands.

i've used both canon and nikon cameras, and nikon (obviously) impressed me more (i'm using a nikon right now). anyway, i suggest you look at different brands and models to see what's out there for the amount of money you're ready to spend.

oh dear, i'm babbling right now. i hope this essay was at least a bit useful. good luck in your search!
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
May 8th, 2009 at 03:59pm
high drama.:

Thank you so much! =) Love your pictures, by the way... so awesome.

I LOVE this thread. =D
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 8th, 2009 at 04:52pm
Don't think there is a DSLR out there for $200 or under. You would have to raise to about $350-400 or buy a smaller and less versatile point-and-shoot. But yes, in addition to Nikon being great, they also tend to market lower-priced DSLR's, so the $400-ish ones would be best if they were Nikon. Unless there is a removable lens DSLR under $200 that someone has heard of.

Also, those were my lightbox photos...thank you so much; I am glad you enjoyed them.
Exposure.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Exposure.
May 8th, 2009 at 05:15pm
Image Image Image

C/C???

more on my My Flickr or My Deviantart, add me!
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 8th, 2009 at 07:34pm
Battle For The Sun.:
I went to an arboretum near where I live last weekend, and took some photos.
Here are some of my favourites:

Image Image

I'd really appreciate any c/c. =)

All of the photos are nice, well-exposed and decently composed, but these are my favorites. I love the dreamlike qualities of the first and third. Also, please please get a Flickr. So that I can keep myself updated.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 8th, 2009 at 07:36pm
Douchebag Gayberg.:

Image Image

These are nice in juxtaposition to one another. Perhaps if you cropped them both to squares, the first with the bloom on the left and the second with the bloom on the right, it would make for a nice diptych, even good for framing? I like the summer evening colors. And what was your post-processing? The deep shadowing on the bottom is what I mean.
little birds.
Salute You in Your Grave
little birds.
May 8th, 2009 at 11:42pm
spock:
All of the photos are nice, well-exposed and decently composed, but these are my favorites. I love the dreamlike qualities of the first and third. Also, please please get a Flickr. So that I can keep myself updated.
Wow, thank you!
Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a Flickr, I think I'll go make one right now. =]

Edit: my Flickr =]
James Owen. Sullivan
Banned
James Owen. Sullivan
May 9th, 2009 at 01:42am
spock:
These are nice in juxtaposition to one another. Perhaps if you cropped them both to squares, the first with the bloom on the left and the second with the bloom on the right, it would make for a nice diptych, even good for framing? I like the summer evening colors. And what was your post-processing? The deep shadowing on the bottom is what I mean.

For the first I did some lighting effects on it, for the second i duplicated the layer, did "auto colour" to the top one and reduced its transparency a bit, and then added a couple lighting effects to it as well. Smile
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
May 9th, 2009 at 06:34am
Shavo Odadjian.:
Thank you so much! =) Love your pictures, by the way... so awesome.

no problem at all (: and thank you very much, i'm so glad to hear that!
Battle For The Sun.:
Edit: my Flickr =]

i added you (:
Exposure.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Exposure.
May 9th, 2009 at 12:03pm
Image Image

2 double shoots. c/c?

add my flickr
butterflies
Bleeding on the Floor
butterflies
May 9th, 2009 at 12:28pm
Battle For The Sun.:
The first one looks so great, such warm and rich colours (:

- - -

Image Image Image
There's a few more on my flickr.
These are from the first roll of film I've ever shot with the Zenit camera, taken around Christmastime.
I had quite a hard time finding a place to get the negative film developed at x]
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
May 9th, 2009 at 08:40pm
spock:

wellll crap. xD Thanks though- it narrows things down quite a bit! I was looking at some of the CoolPix cameras as well- are those any good? Sure, they come in lovely colors and are relatively cheap,(kind of) but... yeah. any opinions?

You're welcome- those are seriously awesome. =D I liked the pancake one. Very Happy

Proof of my crappy camera- but I've played with the editing tools on photobucket enough that- well it still sucks but it's better than it was. Mr. Green any thoughts would be appreciated. =)
Exposure.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Exposure.
May 9th, 2009 at 09:25pm
Mayday Parade:
Image Image

2 double shoots. c/c?

add my flickr