Don't have an account? Create one!

WEBSITE HAS CHANGED!!!!

AuthorMessage
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
September 8th, 2010 at 04:41pm
^^^ Funnily enough I just came on here to post the same thing haha It actually says it wil be released on 08 November not the 11th Wink
edited to add: 8 November is a Monday & new releases are always on a Monday here in the UK
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 8th, 2010 at 04:43pm
A Thursday and an American holiday too? I doubt it. I thought UK releases were Mondays... you can preorder it somewhere else too, you're just preordering a tba cd, i'd wait a bit for something legit before I ordered anything off of a site....

edit:// ty Lauri, makes sense now
jmhudak17:
website is weird again:
"
Thanks for visiting www.mychemicalromance.com.

We are working on internal plumbing to add more wiz bang.

Please try back again soon!"
sites undergo maintenance...
paradox;
Demolition Lover
paradox;
September 8th, 2010 at 04:49pm
Search and Destroy:
^^^ Funnily enough I just came on here to post the same thing haha It actually says it wil be released on 08 November not the 11th Wink

Whoops, my bad! The format that they use for the date in the UK confuses me occasionally D:
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
September 8th, 2010 at 04:56pm
^^ Not a bother, i have the same kinda problems when i'm looking at American sites haha
spend4zen
Killjoy
spend4zen
September 8th, 2010 at 06:02pm
For anyone ( like me ) who was enjoying the hype and is now disappointed with the less than mind blowing outcome..there is a glimmer of hope, the TV under transmissions on the new website has changed, the blank green screen has more lines going across as if it is trying to tune in.
Screaming Girl Nise
Jazz Hands
Screaming Girl Nise
September 8th, 2010 at 06:42pm
I just took a look at the german hompage
(which has always been different though official. It's still the old design but there's a short article:

"Teaser-Page for the new record
My Chemical Romance are still recording in LA to work on their fourth album with producer Brendan O'Brien (Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots,...).
The albums, for which they started working in 2008, will be released here in the middle of November. According to the band it'll be their first record without a concept. In spite of that, the band's hompage has one, which is designed as a teaser-page for the new album since last weekend. "

First of all sorry for the maybe weird translation, but I'm in a hurry. Have to go to bed.

My thoughts:
I wonder why they announce a release date on the german hompage but not on the american - which I consider as more official. Plus, no one really said the TV is about the record. Okay, we can assume it is, but the article was published on September 6th when there was still the TV and not Frank's post. No one could say for sure it was really about the record. (I still don't want to hope too much...)
Then the first sentence... Still recording?? Ah, no! They're not. Okay, Frank told us later they're done but... *sighs*

Wanted to share this with you.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
September 8th, 2010 at 06:56pm
8th of November sounds about right, but why is it only £8.99!?
Harleen Quinzel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Harleen Quinzel.
September 8th, 2010 at 07:01pm
At least HMV is a legitimate retailer so I guess we can trust that 8th November is the official release date.

I'm glad that it's soon and that stockists are finally starting to acknowledge it but I kind of hoped to find out in a more spectacular way than this, especially after the hype.

/grumpy.
Ah well November isn't far away Very Happy

EDIT: Two new tweets from @AgentCherriCola

"AgentCherriCola: Sun hasn't gone down for days now...everythings looking glossy and I'm beginning to taste like acid

AgentCherriCola: I think I just found Christmas...dead...on the side of the road"
Crime in Stereo
Jazz Hands
Crime in Stereo
September 8th, 2010 at 07:11pm
The record wouldn't be released on the 8th of november in america since that's a monday.

If CherriCola is talking about Xmas, maybe it'll be released around christmas? I feel like that's too far away though. They said the album is completely finished.
Harleen Quinzel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Harleen Quinzel.
September 8th, 2010 at 07:20pm
Just another speculative idea but I was thinking that maybe Christmas was a character or something like that.

I reckon HMV may change the date slightly but I should think they won't make us wait until December. Hopefully.
giveemhelllauren
Killjoy
giveemhelllauren
September 8th, 2010 at 09:50pm
The album will fer sure be out the 8th of November, unless MCR themselves change it between now and then, like they did with TBPID! (that wasnt Play.com who changed the release, the band themselves delayed it). But, right now, the date is the 8th.

That's the UK release date though as albums come out on a Monday in the UK, and Tuesday in the US. TBP came out on Monday 23rd in the UK and Tuesday 24th in the US, so I expect this album will be out on the 9th Nov in the US.

As soon as I heard that the date was on the HMV website, I went into the HMV store in Edinburgh and asked them if they knew the release date. They checked on their database and told me that it would be coming into the store and available to buy on November 8th.

They have no reason to change that date really. As Frank said, the record is done, finished.

Sooooo I'm sticking with 8th Nov until proven otherwise.

EXCITED! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
September 8th, 2010 at 09:53pm
I'd believe November 8th being the release date for UK and 9th for US, because a lot of people were saying that the release date would be the 9th when that TV thing was up.

I'm excited Smile
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 8th, 2010 at 11:42pm
The Kraken:
The record wouldn't be released on the 8th of november in america since that's a monday.

If CherriCola is talking about Xmas, maybe it'll be released around christmas? I feel like that's too far away though. They said the album is completely finished.
yes, it would be released the next day. def not christmas though, too far away and totally not november.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
September 9th, 2010 at 02:31am
Smashing_chemicals I think £8.99 is fairly common on there for new releases i'm nearly sure the new linkin park cd is the same price on release Smile. so if the album is out on the 8th UK and 9th US can we maybe expect a single before the album?
Fear.Regret
Jazz Hands
Fear.Regret
September 9th, 2010 at 04:50am
If the new record will be relased on the 8th November, I think they likley relase a single before the end of September.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
September 9th, 2010 at 09:13am
£8.99 seems so cheap, huh? I hope they do a special edition like with TBP Smile
DESTROYA.
Killjoy
DESTROYA.
September 9th, 2010 at 10:11am
Just a theory... but that pic Ray posted on twitter a while ago, about bouncing to disc.. the time said 14:09.. maybe something big/important is being announced on the 14th of September?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 9th, 2010 at 12:40pm
I think it's just purely coincidence
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
September 9th, 2010 at 04:08pm
There is an album coming out on 14 September but The Birthday Massacre has nothing to do with My Chemical Romance.

This is an epic time for me. My two favourite bands coming out with new material around the same time. I could almost die of happiness right now.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
September 9th, 2010 at 05:45pm
Ah. I liked the whole clock thing, alot acctually.
But what they have up now is pretty and I really think it reflects their change in style, alot, personally.