Don't have an account? Create one!

The Death Sentence.

AuthorMessage
xXvampchickXx
Killjoy
xXvampchickXx
October 11th, 2007 at 10:19pm
I'm for it if their absolutly sure dat the've got da right person who comitted said crime.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
November 1st, 2007 at 08:31pm
i don't think that humans have the right to take the lives of other human beings. also, it's illegal to kill other people. so... what gives the government the right to kill it's citizens? does that mean that they're above the law? last time i checked, they weren't... at least not in the US... does what you've done in the past have any bearing over the time that you've got left? who are we to decide? seriously, if you're going to make laws, stick by them.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
November 2nd, 2007 at 12:54am
genresR4losers:
i don't think that humans have the right to take the lives of other human beings. also, it's illegal to kill other people. so... what gives the government the right to kill it's citizens? does that mean that they're above the law? last time i checked, they weren't... at least not in the US... does what you've done in the past have any bearing over the time that you've got left? who are we to decide? seriously, if you're going to make laws, stick by them.

I agree. But I do not oppose the idea at all of forcing a criminal of a severe crime (like murder, rape, etc.) to rot in a jail cell for the rest of their natural born life. But in the end it all really depends on the situation I guess.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 3rd, 2007 at 04:10am
[quote="narin;"]I'm not sure really.

Because, I do think that some people just don't deserve to live. People that show no sign of regret after killing numerous people, childabusers etc.
Pedophilia cannot be cured. So, death sentence can be an alternative.

But on the other hand. Who are we to decide who
can live, and who can't. Only God can decide that really.[/qoute]

That is pretty much my opinion, but I don't believe in god. I do, however, believe that no human in their own holds the decision to kill someone else as punishment. Life in prison with zero possibility of parole is just as good. At least they still have no chance of hurting someone, and if they do it is likely that person is another inmate who probably killed/hurt/abused who knows how many people.
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
November 3rd, 2007 at 07:16pm
Personally I believe some should die, so they can feel the pain of dying slowly. If one murdered their family, I think that person should be fried to a crisp because he/she does not deserve to live.

I think some should just rot in their cell, it is just as good. I do not think all criminals should die by the chair or injection. I think some deserve it, but thats when I'm really fuming.

I think Capital Punishment is WAY, WAY overused. I'd rather have one rot in their cell and get the shit kicked out of them by inmates than have them fried.

I'm sorry. I'm for it in some cases and against it in some cases.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
November 4th, 2007 at 11:10am
I still believe that death is the easy way out for a criminal.
Living with what they;ve done is a better punisment imo.

alucard.
Jazz Hands
alucard.
November 4th, 2007 at 11:34am
Yeah i agree. Death is the easy way out.
Life in prison is much more of a punishment because you have to stay there forever. You have all the time in the world to think about what you did until you know exactly what you did that put you in prison and until you wish you never did it.
Being killed quickly seems like its almost no punishment at all because (in most countries) you are killed quickly with a injection, no pain. You just go to sleep.

And if someone is given the death sentance for murdering another person, then why shouldnt we be killed also for murdering them?
Its not right that we decide who lives and who dies in this world.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
November 4th, 2007 at 03:22pm
TheVampireToaster:
Yeah i agree. Death is the easy way out.
Life in prison is much more of a punishment because you have to stay there forever. You have all the time in the world to think about what you did until you know exactly what you did that put you in prison and until you wish you never did it.
Being killed quickly seems like its almost no punishment at all because (in most countries) you are killed quickly with a injection, no pain. You just go to sleep.

And if someone is given the death sentance for murdering another person, then why shouldnt we be killed also for murdering them?
Its not right that we decide who lives and who dies in this world.

Actually, the lethal injection does cause a great amount of pain, but you can't tell because one of the first things it does is paralyse the facial muscles.

Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 23rd, 2007 at 10:30pm
I honestly believe that there are worse things then death. And whos to say that child abuser, murderer, etc. isn't going to be in pain sitting away rotting in a jail cell. No matter what anyone says, EVERYONE has a conscious, and death would honestly be the easiest way out for a murderer, etc. They only feel a little amount of pain (in the sense of time, not lethal injection pain) before they die, and then goodness knows what happens, we all have our beliefs of what happens, but whos to say they will go to hell and burn eternally, I like to believe that they would, but we don't really know. It's an easy way out of everything for them. And if its a matter of tax dollars, I think someone, even if they have a hard time paying for them, would like to know that it's going to some thing useful. To make a murderer, pediphile, etc. live with the pain of what they did. Killing a man for killing another man is extremely hypocritical and whos to say they get what they deserve once they are dead. Most criminals wish they were dead instead of being in a jail cell. Why give them what they want after what they've done??? Doesn't make to much sense to me.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
November 29th, 2007 at 08:01am
i'm not for it at all... i don't think that it's right in any way shape or form... i don't think that any one person has the right to take away another person's life. i think that by sentencing someone else to death you make yourselves no better than that person. but then again... that's just me.
lolis12007
Really Not Okay
lolis12007
December 2nd, 2007 at 04:52am
im against it because if a person killed a person and they are sentenced the death penalty and they kill him it's the same thing but "fancier" and more cruel why? becasue when they are giving someone the death penalty they are given injections that make them not able to express their suffering physically everything it's inside. it's sad because all those people that kill the criminal are doing tha same thing
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 7th, 2007 at 10:39pm
i can see both sides to it, some ppl just dont deserve to live after a certain point but also living the rest of your life in prison could be worse because you have to worry about getting jumped, or raped. but overall, i'm for it---however, the punishment should fit the crime, if the person murdered one person, than no, if they murdered more....like...5 or something than yes. oh and if they raped several people, or children.
harlequin.girl
Jazz Hands
harlequin.girl
December 15th, 2007 at 09:34pm
I'm definitely against it. It's against the law to kill, so why should this be the exception? And there have been times where someone was accused of a crime and sentenced to death, only to have evidence prove they were innocent later. Yeah, they screwed up if they were guilty of the crime, but people change! Should alcoholics or drug users be killed? What about people who run red lights? They broke the law. They shouldn't be killed for it. Murder is different I understand, but capital punishment is still wrong in my opinion.
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
December 16th, 2007 at 02:20am
From the looks of it, I'm standing alone here. I'm for the death sentence. Criminals are the scum of society. Our tax dollars go to expand prisons, because there are so many criminals. So many innocent people die, because the government says it's inhumane to execute the cold-blooded killers and child-rapers. Was what they did not inhumane?! People who are constantly convicted of murder charges, theft, ect., are obviously not gonna change! Why should they be constantly getting out of prison and wreaking havoc on society? Don't we have enough criminals who haven't been convicted to do that? The Oklahoma City bomber, those who don't know who he is, about ten years back he was mad at the government for whatever reason, so he decided to take it out on some innocent office workers, AND their children in the day care on the first. He saw the cribs, he knew there were little kids in the building, and that these people did nothing wrong to him. But that didn't stop him from bombing that building. And to think there was controversy on whether or not to execute this man. Imagine the family members who nearly saw the man who brutally murdered their fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters, allowed the PRIVILEDGE of life after commiting such a deed. Can you imagine that? I'm am all for sending criminals to the electric chair. I think some, like him and the woman who drowned her own sons, deserve a slow, painful death, physical and emotional torture. They don't deserve to be alive, so why keep them that way?

This is just my point of view, but before you say "what a heartless, close-minded, jerk" actually read what I have to say, and then if you disagree, have at it.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
December 19th, 2007 at 03:37am
Burning Friend:
From the looks of it, I'm standing alone here. I'm for the death sentence. Criminals are the scum of society. Our tax dollars go to expand prisons, because there are so many criminals. So many innocent people die, because the government says it's inhumane to execute the cold-blooded killers and child-rapers. Was what they did not inhumane?! People who are constantly convicted of murder charges, theft, ect., are obviously not gonna change! Why should they be constantly getting out of prison and wreaking havoc on society? Don't we have enough criminals who haven't been convicted to do that? I'm am all for sending criminals to the electric chair. I think some, like him and the woman who drowned her own sons, deserve a slow, painful death, physical and emotional torture. They don't deserve to be alive, so why keep them that way?

This is just my point of view, but before you say "what a heartless, close-minded, jerk" actually read what I have to say, and then if you disagree, have at it.

I Don't think you're a heartless close-minded jerk. It's natural to feel strongly abt criminals especially if someone u know has been affected or assaulted by one. And IMHO, the human method of punishment is imperfect anyway. U dont get back lives by killing another one. Then again, for a dead victim's family sentencing the perp to death might bring some form of closure.

I do, however, feel that for certain cases, rehab is preferable to life sentence or death. It depends on a few factors - like whether it is safe to let such a person out in2 society again, and maybe more abstract considerations like the degree of cruelty (which is subjectiv, of course).
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
December 24th, 2007 at 11:02am
From the looks of it, I'm standing alone here. I'm for the death sentence. Criminals are the scum of society. Our tax dollars go to expand prisons, because there are so many criminals.
You know, more of our tax dollers are being thrown into a bloddy war, where instead of housing criminals, we are slaughtering people mindlessly. Maybe you should complain about that instead?

So many innocent people die, because the government says it's inhumane to execute the cold-blooded killers and child-rapers. Was what they did not inhumane?!
It's not about what they did, it's about what we are doing to them at this point. Ever heard of to onto others? Those people sitting there in the American government that allow those people to be killed are also killers, as are those that are injecting them/etc. The thing with criminals is that, when it comes to killers and rapists, none of them are right in the head, regardless of how you want to think of them to help you believe that it's just to murder them. They often believe that what they do is just and right, just like you think THEIR murder is just and right. How is your line of thinking any better then theirs, besides oh, your a completely healthy human being, making your desire to see them dead quite a lot more malicious then their desire to hurt people. Take a look in the mirror

People who are constantly convicted of murder charges, theft, ect., are obviously not gonna change! Why should they be constantly getting out of prison and wreaking havoc on society? Don't we have enough criminals who haven't been convicted to do that?
MOST people who commit murder and rape are away for life, it's usually pretty thieves and drug dealers that end up coming out of prison. I really do believe that no parol for the rapists and murders should be 100% enforced though. that needs to be fixed

The Oklahoma City bomber, those who don't know who he is, about ten years back he was mad at the government for whatever reason, so he decided to take it out on some innocent office workers, AND their children in the day care on the first. He saw the cribs, he knew there were little kids in the building, and that these people did nothing wrong to him. But that didn't stop him from bombing that building. And to think there was controversy on whether or not to execute this man. Imagine the family members who nearly saw the man who brutally murdered their fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters, allowed the PRIVILEDGE of life after commiting such a deed.
Timmothy, the OCB, was a heavy meth user, and ended up a paranoid wreck after his experiments with drugs. He was not in his right mind. He does deserve the right to life, it's not a PRIVILEDGE, it's a right. Actually, we all do, and those he killed did too

Can you imagine that? I'm am all for sending criminals to the electric chair. I think some, like him and the woman who drowned her own sons, deserve a slow, painful death, physical and emotional torture. They don't deserve to be alive, so why keep them that way?
Like I said, we all have the right to live. As odd as it sounds, the idea of not killing andhurting people is a social norm we have created, but it's not THE RIGHT way to think. These people live in different worlds with different ways of thinking then us. They live more like animals, because we all know in nature, animals kill other animals all the time. This is not to justify what they do, I am a pacifist and I hate killing, but what Im saying is that to them, they are living a totally normal, correct life, and it is society that is wrong. You really can't blame someone for that, much like you cannot blame someone for being of a different religion.
Sweeney Todd
Banned
Sweeney Todd
December 24th, 2007 at 03:13pm
I think that they should rot in prison because every now and again, they accuse an innocent person for murder, and that innocent person dies without having done anything wrong. If they are still in prison, the actually innocent ones can at least have a chance to be let out if they find the real killer.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 24th, 2007 at 05:43pm
vyxSIN:
I think that they should rot in prison because every now and again, they accuse an innocent person for murder, and that innocent person dies without having done anything wrong. If they are still in prison, the actually innocent ones can at least have a chance to be let out if they find the real killer.

Yep I agree, although I almost got a little bit confused on what you typed there, but I understand you Very Happy
Murderscene.
Fabulous Killjoy
Murderscene.
December 27th, 2007 at 05:37am
i'm against it.
those bastards don't deserve the easy way out. they should just rot in jail.

Smile
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 27th, 2007 at 06:38am

I'm begining to believe that, as long as there is no possible way you are innocent (too much evidence against you or you plead guilty) then the death sentence should come into place. This is only in the extreme cases of crime though such as murder, child abduction etc.

I understand why people believe that prison is a better punishment BUT prisions are not what they used to be. Some prisons in England have facilities such as gyms and libaries in there. Is that really punishment?

And what about the tax payer? We are paying for criminals to be kept in jail when that money could be used in a much better way.