Don't have an account? Create one!

The Death Sentence.

AuthorMessage
Remus Lupin.
Salute You in Your Grave
Remus Lupin.
December 27th, 2007 at 08:36am
I'm going to keep it short, because if I get really into this I'll type loads...
I think it's a load of crap.
It should be banned forever.
I mean, you're killing someone for killing someone?!
It's stupid and hypocritical.
We don't have it here in the U.K. which I'm thankful for.
I mean, what if someone was killed who was actually innocent?
It's so silly.
It's all about power really. "/
Get a life, Bush. >>
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
December 27th, 2007 at 12:11pm
Has anyone thought about the FAMILIES of the killers??? How much they suffer through after what their husband, or father did. And like DIE! DIE! DIE! said, they're not right in their mind. It should be banned forever.

I just want to know what you people think of the families of these people who have the death sentence right now, how much you think THEY suffer.
a_h
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a_h
December 28th, 2007 at 02:10pm
if the crime the person commited is significant enough then i do believe in the death sentence. obviously it is a big thing that they did. its not like they are putting people to death for stealing a pack of bubble gum. they probably killed more than one person purposfully and in my opinion, yes if this is the case then they should be put to death. they are a dangerous human being.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 15th, 2008 at 03:40am

Well the death penalty doesnt exist in Australia, theres pretty much death penalty immunity in australia (we wont extradite somone back to a country where theyre facing the death penalty) However ithikn it is justified for some cases, if there is causation enough to take a human life well so be it. the punishment is implimented for the sole reason in gaining protection for society, do you know the cost of keeping an inmate in a high security jail for a year is about one hundred thousand dollars tax payers money so in turn its a complete injustice for the society that was wronged to be having to pay for living expenses for somone who has committed a massive wrong to it.

im not an advocate of the death penalty im just saying sometimes we need to impliment it for the betterment of society.

DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
January 15th, 2008 at 07:54am
It costs a lot to kill an imnamte too. About as much as it does to host them. There is debate to which is more expensive, but I don't think you can put a pricetag on a life.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 15th, 2008 at 10:19am

But can you also put a price tag on the welfare of society itself. obviously if he or she is been executed he must of commited a crime that was truely just damaging to society so bad that the laww has seen it fit to take he or shes life... if you ask mee can you put a price tag on the lives of the rest of society taht could be potentionally at risk ?

HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
January 18th, 2008 at 08:10am
i dont think anyone has the right to take life away other than god.
i know some here may not agree, but thats my opinion =]
<3
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
January 18th, 2008 at 01:23pm
tbh i think the worst thing about it is death row
people can spend years there just waiting to die
it must be a really awful existence,
having nothing to look forward to at all
love on her arms.
Bleeding on the Floor
love on her arms.
January 18th, 2008 at 06:46pm
well, i think that life in jail is ok for people that killed a bunch of people

But some people would like to rather die then spend the rest of there life in jail.

The one thing is, how can mass murder ever get back into society?
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
January 18th, 2008 at 09:49pm
I think that the death sentance should be banned because
a) their getting away with it, their dying, they dont have to rot in prison.
b) I'm sure their families will be devistated.
c) for someone who killed like 7 people their just gonna die? thats not gonna help.

I think that a Life Sentance with No chance of Parole is worse than death.
Muffin Top
Jazz Hands
Muffin Top
January 18th, 2008 at 09:59pm
Yer but think of it this way it can also stop people commiting crimes.
They would know that if they commit murder they could be sentenced to death.

I completely agree with the death sentence, there are some people in society that cannot be fixed. I believe some people are just born evil and nothing, not even rehibilitation can save them.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 19th, 2008 at 07:25am
Bert McCracken:
I think that the death sentance should be banned because
a) their getting away with it, their dying, they dont have to rot in prison.
b) I'm sure their families will be devistated.
c) for someone who killed like 7 people their just gonna die? thats not gonna help.

I think that a Life Sentance with No chance of Parole is worse than death.

Yeah but you gotta remember that for justice to occur has to bee elements of both fairness and equality, its not fair for society to have to pay for someones existence especially someone who's improbably done something hell bad. and the main reason that we execute people in western society is not for " retribution" but to keep society safe. a life sentence is not very resource efficient.
my mum makes fifty grand a year. thats one forth of the cost of keeping someone in a high security jail for about a year tell me how is justice being served when shes paying for him to live.
Messenger
Killjoy
Messenger
January 19th, 2008 at 12:24pm
Utterly against it; LIFE is sacred, regardless of who you are or what you have done. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 20th, 2008 at 04:18am
^^ yeahh , but two wrongs protects society from violent offenders.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
January 20th, 2008 at 11:26am
The death sentence doesn't make sense.
We are killing people to show that killing is wrong.
What's the lesson being learned here?

I agree with Bert McCracken - spending the rest of your life in prison without parole is a better punishment than death, in my opinion.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 21st, 2008 at 05:50am

okae. to put it into perspecive again
The Death sentance is not in place to show that killing is wrong
the death sentance was put into place one reason and its not for revenge
its not to show that killing is wrong but is in place for the sole reason of protecting society. we wouldnt put anyone to death if there wasnt a serious problem with teh way society had been affected by their actions.
Cereal Killer
Banned
Cereal Killer
January 21st, 2008 at 11:19am
Thuglife.:

okae. to put it into perspecive again
The Death sentance is not in place to show that killing is wrong
the death sentance was put into place one reason and its not for revenge
its not to show that killing is wrong but is in place for the sole reason of protecting society. we wouldnt put anyone to death if there wasnt a serious problem with teh way society had been affected by their actions.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
January 21st, 2008 at 05:39pm
The thing with the death sentence I think is that, your killing someone who killed a son/daughters dad, a wife/husbands husband etc. and well, the person that killed that other person, has a family too, has a husband/wife, daughter/son. What about THAT families loss? What about that families dad/wife/husband/mom? They're loosing someone too. The emotional trauma, the pain is just as bad. And what if its a mental disease, that could be cured? That quite technically isn't their fault? Yes, you kill them to 'protect' society, but we're always going to have criminals, no matter what. And when you could decrease the number, by making them have a worse existence then just putting them to death... then I'd be glad to pay taxes to jail someone who deserves it. It's hypocritical and doesn't make sense. And there's tons of people out there, that don't think anything happens to them when they die (no one knows for sure what happens) so its not like they'd be afraid to die. A lot, maybe because they do believe in God and Satan, but others... no. We don't know they'll get what they deserve when they die, so why kill them and let them get what they want? - just my thoughts...
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 21st, 2008 at 09:06pm

^^
well firstly if the person has a mental diseas, like insanity they woudnt recieve death that in itself is a defence against the murder charge. they would probablii be institutionalised if anything,

well to be honest that trauma lies soley on the person whos been executed, its not the states fault that they had no other choice but to execute him/her it likes soley on themm for commiting that crime

Laura Lou Carter
Killjoy
Laura Lou Carter
January 31st, 2008 at 10:05am
i dont know.
because i mean the irony of killing someone cause theyve killed someone.
but the fact that theyve killed someone i mean some people get what 6 years for killing a child who had their whole lives ahead of them but police and juries can be wrong so yes and no.
actually maybe there should just be bigger sentences.