Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 27th, 2006 at 10:35pm
you want to see what medication does or products do to the human body - then get human test dummies, people who are willing to negate the side effects for the good of humanity. Just because Animals cant speak to protest doesnt mean that they dont feel vilified by what is happening to them. Why should thousands of animals die just so one person can live? If you want to see what the chemicals do to humans, then test on humans, surely this is far more accurate, but people dont want the death of another person on their hands, yet they can live with the fact that what they will put into an animal will give them some horrible side effect and die. Doesnt seem right to me.
Ana Loves Muffins
Fabulous Killjoy
Ana Loves Muffins
August 27th, 2006 at 11:29pm
I am 10000zillon % against it. Animals were not put on this earth to be tested and abused, they are put here to eat… which I’m still against but I’m forced to eat meat. How can people take an innocent life and pump it full of crap, if they’re going to do that than they should do it on their self. If its right to kill an animal, than why cant we kill humans… we both breath we both have families and kids we both have feelings. Also zoos are wrong, who can taking an animal from the wild an putting it in a cage be right. Or circuses… if someone takes a lion and puts their head in its mouth and the lion bites down that’s the person problem so they shouldn’t kill the lion.
Ana-
PS- I agree with Rhi
Kurtni
Fabulous Killjoy
Kurtni
August 28th, 2006 at 06:17pm
Each and every person who has posted in this thread has benifited from Animal testing someway in their life. Medical testing is needed now, simple as that. A human life can not be compared to an animal life. Both are important, but they can not be compared. As of now, we have no better option then testing on animals. I was reading a while ago about a chemical in Skarks brain that could possibly cure caner, I'll try and Find a link and post it, what should be done in that situation? If it is proven that yes, it can cure cancer, what should be done. Should people continue dying of something that is now preventable, or should animals be used. If I see dead fish and A little kid who is suffering from lymphatic cancer, I can tell you I would help the human being first.
Sweet.Sorrow
Motor Baby
Sweet.Sorrow
August 28th, 2006 at 06:30pm
Animal cruelty is terrible. ( I was really shaken when I heard about a website that told people how to shape kittens bones by putting them in a bottle. I'm still not sure if they were kidding or not...). I think testing on animals can't really be helped. Animals are sort of like humans as in the medication takes the same affects on them but they aren't actually humans. The companies that test drugs on animals would get sued if they killed a human for testing but if it's a rat they won't care and I'm not sure why but that's just the way it is. As for learning about animals by cutting them open, I think that it is a bit stupid. I guess it's hands on learning but If you cut open one frog it would pretty much be the same as the other frogs so you would only have to kill one, ever, and then learn about it in a textbook. And like I_worship_tre_Cool said, If I see dead fish and A little kid who is suffering from lymphatic cancer, I can tell you I would help the human being first.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
August 28th, 2006 at 06:39pm
Rocker_-_Girl:
( I was really shaken when I heard about a website that told people how to shape kittens bones by putting them in a bottle. I'm still not sure if they were kidding or not...)

It was all a joke. Not even a little true. It was a social studies experiment by some college students. No cats were harmed in the making of the pictures or the website.
Xx_GiftOf_AGrave_xX
Shotgun Sinner
Xx_GiftOf_AGrave_xX
September 5th, 2006 at 04:53pm
Please, click the link below
and help stop gay sheep experiments!

"These experimenters believe that homosexuality is a defect that needs to be fixed, and theyre cutting open and killing gay sheep to do it. Roselli has made it very clear that he intends to use the findings of his experiments to cure humans next."

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/p2gaysheepexperiments?c=p2ggsheep

PLEASE REPOST THIS NOW

^That was posted by a group called iSupport on myspace. They are killing gay sheep to test if they could 'cure' homosexuality....

That's seriously offending. ><
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
September 5th, 2006 at 08:46pm
ShadowRayne___:
Please, click the link below
and help stop gay sheep experiments!

"These experimenters believe that homosexuality is a defect that needs to be fixed, and theyre cutting open and killing gay sheep to do it. Roselli has made it very clear that he intends to use the findings of his experiments to cure humans next."

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/p2gaysheepexperiments?c=p2ggsheep[/color]
You cannot believe everything you read. I am not sure whether this is true or not but I had gotten an email stateing that this is incorrect and that they are not really testing to find a cure for homosexuality. If it is true than it is pretty disturbing but I am not sure if it is or not.

And I noticed about a week ago that this topic isn't just about animal testing, it says animal ABUSE/ animal testing. There are many other topics that we could be discussing also.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
September 5th, 2006 at 08:55pm
Homosexuality is not a disease, therefore there cannot be a CURE for it.

Silly people.
romance never hurt u
Thinking Happy Thoughts
romance never hurt u
September 11th, 2006 at 02:08pm
Nothe homosxuality doesn´t existNo, the heterosexuality either, just you are walking by the life and you find a person by who you feel affection and sexual attraction, no matter if has penis or vagina… without mattering what your parents or the society says…

backing to the topic

in my head there is controversy, because I have a disease by which I need medicine to subsist, medicine that has been proven in animals. But I do not know, I don´t like the abuse that sometimes faces these animals us to be able to live comfortably
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
September 20th, 2006 at 12:17am
most of the time animals are treated repesctfully and ethically when using them in scientific research. i think that to help society it is important to do this as long as we do it properly. As long as the organisation abides by the strict ethical guidelines set inplace for such things i am fine with it, i mean who out there can honestly say that they have never taken a medicine etc that wasn't at one stage tested on an animal.

I do not think however that materialistc things such as make up should be tested on animals.

Sometimes our only option is to test on animals because the law prevents testing on human subjects but so many advances in medical science have been made because of it.

Animals used for this are treated so much better than the animals that we use for food.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
September 20th, 2006 at 08:43pm
Simone_Of_Suburbia:
As long as the organisation abides by the strict ethical guidelines set inplace for such things i am fine with it, i mean who out there can honestly say that they have never taken a medicine etc that wasn't at one stage tested on an animal.
First, there are no strict guidelines for animal testing just as there isn't for the food we eat. Most of the laws for the protection of tested animals and the food we eat only apply to the transportation of the animals. There aren't any good laws about the actual testing that is being carried out.

And to me, the products we have used in the past isn't the issue. We cannot change things that have happened in the past but we can help stop it from going on in the future.

Simone_Of_Suburbia:
Animals used for this are treated so much better than the animals that we use for food.
Not necessarily. The food we eat may live a life of suffering and discomfort with a quick death but the animals we test on suffer in pain while they slowly die (I do know that not all of the animals die but many do). I do not thing that is better treatment at all.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 4th, 2006 at 01:31am
There is a vast difference between animal testing and animal cruelty. There are cruelty laws to protect animals from anything extensively abusive or excessivly painfull, as well as guarding against the unnecessary infliction of pain.

Of course there is some suffering. If you live, you will experience suffering and pain, it's all part of life.

But there are also the groups that slip under the radar, the ones that torture animals and try to justify their means via "animal testing". Not all animal testing should be judged on the suffering of those unfortunate animals in the hands of unethical human beings.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
October 5th, 2006 at 10:39pm
Against it.

Especially for dissecting ((sp?)) in biology.
-shudder-
and for testing for shampoo's,conditioner,ect.
jojo_the_amazing
Bleeding on the Floor
jojo_the_amazing
October 13th, 2006 at 06:56pm
down with animal testing,down with animal testing!
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 13th, 2006 at 07:53pm
here are my views on animal testing.
Why would we only test things on animals? This makes no sense. If the drug or something is for human use, how do we know that the drug will react the same way on a person? If the animal is going to use the drug, perhaps we could instead of injecting an animal with the disease only to cure find animals with the same disease and try and cure them. If the cure doesn't work, weren't they going to die anyway?
But if the drug is for human use, test on willing humans. I know that if they had thought they had found the cure for AIDS I would willining get AIDS and they can try it on me. I would be game.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 13th, 2006 at 07:55pm
Moo?!:
Against it.

-shudder-

I hate disecting[sp?] as well. But, luckly my Biology teacher is against it as well, and the largest thing we have to do is a termite, and they are harmful anyhow,
Clap yay mrs.lambright!
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 13th, 2006 at 11:37pm
^Some dissection is neccesary, to fully understand the things around us.

I do not know if this is true for all dissection animals, but it is for the frogs we mutilated in Biology 11. The frogs were harvested, then injected with a sedative/painkiller. Then, while they were alive but couldn't feel pain, they were injected with colored latex, so that the veins were easier to find and remove whole.

In all, they were treated quite fairly, and were not unduly pained.
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
October 14th, 2006 at 08:22am
Broken ; Crimes:
Against it.

-shudder-

In school, we have to dissect a pig's heart.

Yes, I am against animal testing/ cruelty. But then again, I do want to know how a heart works, so I really have no choice but to dissect the heart of pig, which is already dead.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 14th, 2006 at 09:40am
Dissection isn't necessary in order to understand how a heart works. Surely artificial hearts for use in education aren't beyond the wit of man? And whats wrong with diagrams? How about computer programs?

However, for medicine/veterinary science I would agree that dissection is necessary.
Johneth.
Bleeding on the Floor
Johneth.
October 14th, 2006 at 09:57am
I'm completely against it.
it is immoral to me, if I were dying and someone said "we can find the cure for you if we could just test on that rat"
I would rather die then go against something I believe so strongly. It is wrong.

well, unless the rat was willing and could understand and sign a contract.