Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
June 27th, 2006 at 11:56am
r o c k s t a r:
People go on about how great people are

I think it's more that people think their lives are better than animals' lives because animals have no way to disagree. Tests on humans are pretty much illegal, especially ones like they do on the animals. The only way we would be abe to do tests on humans is if hundreds of people volunteered, and only people who want to suffer in undescribable ways would volunteer.l
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 27th, 2006 at 11:59am
>freak on a leash<:

I think it's more that people think their lives are better than animals' lives because animals have no way to disagree.

That's kind of what I'm trying to get at though.
I know it's very likely that no human would want to be tested on. I know I don't.
But I also know if the animals had anyway of comunicating or fighting back, being tested on is the last thing they'd want to do.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
June 27th, 2006 at 12:02pm
r o c k s t a r:

But I also know if the animals had anyway of comunicating or fighting back, being tested on is the last thing they'd want to do.

That is very true, which is why many people feel the need to stick up for the animals.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
June 29th, 2006 at 10:34pm
First, I would like to say I did NOT read this entire thread.

During the first few posts I did see
"If it's for a cure, use the animal."
Why?
Because it has no say so in what we do to it?

No.
Animal testing is wrong.
If we're looking for a cure for cancer,
the animal doesn't need the cure.
(just like the rat doesn't need lipstick)
I mean, if it's an animal desease, I don't know, I'm not talking about that.

But, we're the sick ones. WE need all this stuff.
(Well, we don't NEED cosmetics, etc)
We're the ones with family members dying.
I think humans should be brave enough to test it.

I relate it to animal abuse.
We abuse them because I guess we know we can,
and in SOME CASES, we're just escaping certain feelings and emotions.

I think perhaps we test on animals because we can.
But we shouldn't use them to test something for humans.
They don't need/won't need it.
So, we should test it.

To wrap it up,
I dislike animal testing.
If we're testing for something for a human,
(i.e cancer cure, cosmetics)
Humans should be brave enough to do it.
What'd the animals do to deserve it, anyway?

Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
June 30th, 2006 at 09:39am
Samberri:
First, I would like to say I did NOT read this entire thread.

During the first few posts I did see
"If it's for a cure, use the animal."
Why?
Because it has no say so in what we do to it?

No.
Animal testing is wrong.
If we're looking for a cure for cancer,
the animal doesn't need the cure.
(just like the rat doesn't need lipstick)
I mean, if it's an animal desease, I don't know, I'm not talking about that.

But, we're the sick ones. WE need all this stuff.
(Well, we don't NEED cosmetics, etc)
We're the ones with family members dying.
I think humans should be brave enough to test it.

I relate it to animal abuse.
We abuse them because I guess we know we can,
and in SOME CASES, we're just escaping certain feelings and emotions.

I think perhaps we test on animals because we can.
But we shouldn't use them to test something for humans.
They don't need/won't need it.
So, we should test it.

To wrap it up,
I dislike animal testing.
If we're testing for something for a human,
(i.e cancer cure, cosmetics)
Humans should be brave enough to do it.
What'd the animals do to deserve it, anyway?

Before I say anything, let me point out that I love animals and have always loved them since I was little. I plan on going to college and majoring in zoology (the study of animals). Now I understand your point of view, but maybe you don't know that things like make-up and acne treatments (for the most part) are tested on humans. They get paid and they have to sign a waiver so that they people testing them don't get sued. I'm not sure if medicines for cancers and diseases are tested on people but they probably are. I, myself, refuse to buy make-up without the label "not tested on animals", I will only buy tuna that says "dolphin safe" and other little things like that. It is up to us to put an end to the testing of animals for pointless things. Just don't buy it. Tell your friends and family not to buy it. But I believe in testing on animals for cures. Of course only to a certain extent. I would never want a lab full of dead guinea pigs. (They're just too cute and fuzzy) But wouldn't that be great if a cure to AIDS was found in testing with an animal. Think about how many lives that would save even though we had to sacrifice a few animals and maybe a few humans. If we stop testing animals for diseases there are not enough people in the world to take their places and many possible cures could be lost. But that's just what I think.
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
June 30th, 2006 at 10:19am
My brother spent around one year in the hospital, because of sepsis(Sepsis (is a serious medical condition, resulting from the immune response to a severe infection. Septicemia is sepsis of the bloodstream caused by bacteremia, which is the presence of bacteria in the bloodstream.). And it was pretty serious.
I'm sorry about all those animals that had to die because of my brother, but he was like 3.
I am sorry if a cat lost its fur or something, but I'd rather have a bunny die, than have my brother die.

I don't think that animal testing could be stopped either. There always will be someone behind closed doors, who does it.
Animal rights organizations can't stop everything that is going on.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
June 30th, 2006 at 11:22am
rox_my_sox:
Samberri:
Entire block of text...

But I believe in testing on animals for cures. Of course only to a certain extent. I would never want a lab full of dead guinea pigs. (They're just too cute and fuzzy) But wouldn't that be great if a cure to AIDS was found in testing with an animal. Think about how many lives that would save even though we had to sacrifice a few animals and maybe a few humans. If we stop testing animals for diseases there are not enough people in the world to take their places and many possible cures could be lost. But that's just what I think.

Well, I'm not sure what we test on animals in the present.
But I've done my research.
MOVING OFF THAT...

Does the animal have AIDS?
(Seriously, can animals get aids?
No? Yes?)

I understand what your saying.
However, just because there are more animals doesn't mean there always will be.
We hunt, we take their environments, we pollute, we test.
I don't think humans should do any more to nature.

I still believe that if we want the cure we should test for it ourselves.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
June 30th, 2006 at 11:44am
Animal testing is animal abuse.
If your dog was taken away, && you went to find it, && you found a group of people testing cures on him for diseases, would you just stand there && go "Oh, it's okay, its for a disease"?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 30th, 2006 at 11:58am
Of course humans would prefer to test things on animals when they've been faced with something serious like anna likes afi; said. I wouldn't want my sibling to go untreated, or end up being the guinea pig for anything.
Maybe with drugs, there could be an exception. But I would still honestly prefer it to be done on humans. I don't care if that sounds sick or not. That's just how I feel. I don't care how it's done, or how they have to get people. Animals don't line up when a new experiment arises, so why would humans? I know they wouldn't. I wouldn't.
Do you think this should continue to go on?
How about this? Can't people just accept what happens when they get old?(The second one there doing an anti-wrinkle experiment.{The first one they're testing migraines})
I don't think it should. No, I know I can't stop it. Just like I can't stop people from slughtering animals for food, or from selling drugs, or polluting. Sure, we can sit here and say we care, and bitch and complain all we want. It's not going to stop. I don't see a way we could. Maybe it'll die down a little, maybe it wont. Who's to know?

Site Some pictures are pretty sick, so if you click it, be careful.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
June 30th, 2006 at 12:38pm
r o c k s t a r:
Of course humans would prefer to test things on animals when they've been faced with something serious like anna likes afi; said. I wouldn't want my sibling to go untreated, or end up being the guinea pig for anything.
Maybe with drugs, there could be an exception. But I would still honestly prefer it to be done on humans. I don't care if that sounds sick or not. That's just how I feel. I don't care how it's done, or how they have to get people. Animals don't line up when a new experiment arises, so why would humans? I know they wouldn't. I wouldn't.
Do you think this should continue to go on?
How about this? Can't people just accept what happens when they get old?(The second one there doing an anti-wrinkle experiment.{The first one they're testing migraines})
I don't think it should. No, I know I can't stop it. Just like I can't stop people from slughtering animals for food, or from selling drugs, or polluting. Sure, we can sit here and say we care, and bitch and complain all we want. It's not going to stop. I don't see a way we could. Maybe it'll die down a little, maybe it wont. Who's to know?

oh my god. i cried when i looked at those. they burned a puppy ALIVE just to see the affect of the burns. that is so wrong.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
June 30th, 2006 at 12:38pm
For medical purposes, yes. If it's to cure a serious illness, yes.
For cosmetic and vanity, no. No way. It is sick.

What makes the difference?I f a few animals are sacrificed to save millions of people, then it was worth it, right? But there is no way you can justify killing an animal, blinding it, poisoning it, just to make sure that your make up is okay. There are alternatives. Buy products that haven't been tested on animals (they are usually more environmentally friendly as well) or if you want your cosmetics tested on living things so much, why not test it on yourself?
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
June 30th, 2006 at 12:42pm
Starr:
For medical purposes, yes. If it's to cure a serious illness, yes.
For cosmetic and vanity, no. No way. It is sick.

What makes the difference?I f a few animals are sacrificed to save millions of people, then it was worth it, right? But there is no way you can justify killing an animal, blinding it, poisoning it, just to make sure that your make up is okay. There are alternatives. Buy products that haven't been tested on animals (they are usually more environmentally friendly as well) or if you want your cosmetics tested on living things so much, why not test it on yourself?

why would it matter if your lipstick is harmful to animals? was makeup made for animals? no. then why the hell does it matter if its harmful to them? it makes me SICK that there is NOTHING i can do about this.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
June 30th, 2006 at 01:10pm
Samberri:
No? Yes?)

I know there is a feline aids but it is different than the aids that humans get. And I think there might even be some kind of treatment for feline aids but I am not sure.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
June 30th, 2006 at 01:14pm
new jersey:
it makes me SICK that there is NOTHING i can do about this.

You can help by not buying and supporting the companies that test on animals. If you don't know if a company tests on animals or not, don't buy from them. Send companies that you know test on animals letters saying you will not buy their products until they stop testing on the animals. You can spread the word by telling your family and friends not to buy from those companies. You may not be able to stop animal testing completely but you can help.

Oh, and it's not just cosmetics and diseases that they test animals for. Oceanspray juices are tested on animals too.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
June 30th, 2006 at 02:51pm
r o c k s t a r:

Omfg, those pictures are horrible.
The rats being sewn together?
wtf is that trying to prove!?
That we're sick, disusting heartless zombies?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 30th, 2006 at 02:54pm
Scandalous.:
r o c k s t a r:

Omfg, those pictures are horrible.
The rats being sewn together?
wtf is that trying to prove!?
That we're sick, disusting heartless zombies?

That's pretty much what I've been thinking. And why I said if you click it, to be careful.
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
June 30th, 2006 at 02:55pm
Some of those pictures go back to 1950.

That's pretty old, if you ask me.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
June 30th, 2006 at 02:56pm
anna likes afi;:
Some of those pictures go back to 1950.

That's pretty old, if you ask me.

They've still been done, they could still be done again.
-shrugs-
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 30th, 2006 at 02:58pm
There's one with the bunnies...they said started in 1944, and the same procedure is still being done.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
June 30th, 2006 at 03:25pm
Samberri:
rox_my_sox:
Samberri:
Entire block of text...

But I believe in testing on animals for cures. Of course only to a certain extent. I would never want a lab full of dead guinea pigs. (They're just too cute and fuzzy) But wouldn't that be great if a cure to AIDS was found in testing with an animal. Think about how many lives that would save even though we had to sacrifice a few animals and maybe a few humans. If we stop testing animals for diseases there are not enough people in the world to take their places and many possible cures could be lost. But that's just what I think.

Well, I'm not sure what we test on animals in the present.
But I've done my research.
MOVING OFF THAT...

No? Yes?)

I understand what your saying.
However, just because there are more animals doesn't mean there always will be.
We hunt, we take their environments, we pollute, we test.
I don't think humans should do any more to nature.

I still believe that if we want the cure we should test for it ourselves.

First off I have no idea if animals can get AIDS but if I'm correct AIDS was started by a monkey. Secondly, see your point of view but I doubt that people will continue testing on animals until they become extinct or endangered. I'm all for leaving nature be but... I don't know. I'm confused on my own beliefs. I mean, don't want a lot of animals dead but I'm all for science. What I DON'T believe in is the relentless killings of creatures for meaningless purposes. Like if something kills one animal and you try it on the next and the same thing happens and you keep doing it over a over when it's obvious that every time it's gonna kill the animal, well that's just ridiculous. And a lot of the time I think that there are test that are completely dumb. But people suck and that's never gonna change. There will always be testing, poaching, and bastards who wear fur and skin.