Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
July 11th, 2006 at 05:07am
I'm fine with animal testing up to the point where the animals are not used for cosmetics. Save that for the people who want lipstick tested on them.

If you were this close to dying from a serious disease, and you were given medicine that was tested on animals, would you really be thinking about the few rats that died?
Je t'aime mon amour
In The Murder Scene
Je t'aime mon amour
July 11th, 2006 at 06:54am
^
I would.

If it were another animal, let's say a pony, you would feel bad. Right?
At least a bit. I mean, everyone loves ponies...

And rats lives are just as valueable as ponies.
Maybe not to humans, but definetly to the rats themselves XD

Personally, I don't value humans lives over animals. And I don't value one animal over another.
So I don't think that any animal-testing is right. Ever.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 12th, 2006 at 02:14pm
>freak on a leash<:
May I ask why you think human life is more valuable than animal life?

Is it because we are smarter and more evolved? Because in millions of years that rats could be smarter and more evolved than we are now. And if someone went killing all of the gorillas that our people used to be than we would not exist. No one has yet told me a reason to make me think that animal life is worth less than a human and I don't think my mind will change any time soon.

think of it this way, would you rather be tested on or have a rat tested on? human's have families and friends that will be deeply affected by their death. which leads to depression, and possibly suicides. im not saying animal testing is right, but in some cases it is. not for makeup and hairspray and stuff but for sicknesses that need to be cured to save millions.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 12th, 2006 at 02:23pm
>freak on a leash<:
[And if someone went killing all of the gorillas that our people used to be than we would not exist.

but rats are nowhere near extiction (sp?) that is why they are used. im not saying that we use rats for testing untill there isnt a one left, because that would be wrong, wiping out a whole species for a cure. that is cruel.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
July 12th, 2006 at 05:27pm
new jersey:
think of it this way, would you rather be tested on or have a rat tested on? human's have families and friends that will be deeply affected by their death. which leads to depression, and possibly suicides.
Although I understand what you are saying, I think I would rather be tested on than have an animal tested on. And just because there are tons of people that are depressed because of a human's death, think of all of the people who oppose animal testing that care about the animal's lives just as they would a human's. They may not be as affected as the people who were friends of the human that died, but there are many more people who are disturbed by animal testing. There is always someone someone/something upset when something dies.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 13th, 2006 at 01:23pm
>freak on a leash<:
new jersey:
think of it this way, would you rather be tested on or have a rat tested on? human's have families and friends that will be deeply affected by their death. which leads to depression, and possibly suicides.
Although I understand what you are saying, I think I would rather be tested on than have an animal tested on. And just because there are tons of people that are depressed because of a human's death, think of all of the people who oppose animal testing that care about the animal's lives just as they would a human's. They may not be as affected as the people who were friends of the human that died, but there are many more people who are disturbed by animal testing. There is always someone someone/something upset when something dies.

then do something about it. if you oppose as much as to have yourself tested on, then do something. arguing wont help anyone. it wont make it stop. we need to email the companies that do test on animals, and as people suggested stop buying their products. I will be happy to help you, and anyone else on this thread. Or we can sign a petition (or find one already created) and email it to the companies.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 13th, 2006 at 01:26pm
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 13th, 2006 at 01:45pm
new jersey:

I either have eye problems or that petition's deadline was 2003
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 13th, 2006 at 02:09pm
gia:
new jersey:

I either have eye problems or that petition's deadline was 2003

yes funny thing is YOU CAN STILL SIGN IT. my signature is right there at the top and i just signed it a few minutes ago. i can still email the thing myself. ignore the date.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
July 13th, 2006 at 07:05pm
new jersey:
then do something about it. if you oppose as much as to have yourself tested on, then do something. arguing wont help anyone. it wont make it stop. we need to email the companies that do test on animals, and as people suggested stop buying their products. I will be happy to help you, and anyone else on this thread. Or we can sign a petition (or find one already created) and email it to the companies.

Here's a quote from page 4 of this thread:
>freak on a leash<:
You can help by not buying and supporting the companies that test on animals. If you don't know if a company tests on animals or not, don't buy from them. Send companies that you know test on animals letters saying you will not buy their products until they stop testing on the animals. You can spread the word by telling your family and friends not to buy from those companies. You may not be able to stop animal testing completely but you can help.
I do sign petitions and I plan on writing letters to companies in the near future. And I like to talk about animal testing to maybe get some people to sign petitions and boycott too. Sorry, I just wanted to clear that up.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
July 13th, 2006 at 09:45pm
Here's part of an e-mail I recieved about a week ago that relates to this topic:

"Would you want someone you love and care about—or even a stranger—to spend most of his or her life imprisoned, alone, and subjected to outdated and horrific experiments for frivolous products?

For tens of millions of animals in laboratories, including dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, monkeys, birds, and turtles, there is no choice, because they are used in cruel and unnecessary product-testing experiments. These innocent animals die in pain, alone, often without ever feeling the warmth of the sun or the companionship of other creatures.

All these animals feel pain and fear just as cats, dogs, and other companion animals do. And they, too, need our help and compassion.

In fact, in just the last minute since you opened and started reading this e-mail, approximately 219 animals have died in labs in the U.S. alone.

The truth is that animal tests teach us next to nothing about the health of humans because other species react differently. They absorb, metabolize, and eliminate substances differently than humans do. Testing on animals isn't just unreliable, it's also unnecessary. There are more effective—and often, less expensive—non-animal alternatives that can be used instead."
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 14th, 2006 at 01:52pm
^ yes. good point. well, i really have nothing to argue with that its all true.
MommysLittleMonster
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MommysLittleMonster
July 17th, 2006 at 02:56pm
i say they test products on death row inmates. animals can live and be happy while people who already diserve to die are getting tested with potentually lethal substances. i'd seriously rather save an animal then a random person. friends, are an exception. there are too many humans on the earth that are overpopulating and destroying it. the animals were doing fine and weren't screwing it up until humans found out how to hunt.

i sound so synical, but its the way i feel
Waffle Fairy
Jazz Hands
Waffle Fairy
July 17th, 2006 at 03:02pm
xxxwcr:
i say they test products on death row inmates. animals can live and be happy while people who already diserve to die are getting tested with potentually lethal substances. i'd seriously rather save an animal then a random person. friends, are an exception. there are too many humans on the earth that are overpopulating and destroying it. the animals were doing fine and weren't screwing it up until humans found out how to hunt.

i sound so synical, but its the way i feel
i agree. the animals aren't doing anything, and if somebody is on deathrow, do it to them, they are going to die anyway.
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
July 18th, 2006 at 07:26am
^
Exactly.
I'm completely against animal testing. It's cruel, and they havn't done anything to deserve such pain.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
July 18th, 2006 at 07:46pm
xxxwcr:
i'd seriously rather save an animal then a random person. friends, are an exception.
I don't really understand this statement. Just because a person isn't your friend doesn't mean that you should test on them. Everyone in the world has friends, so there would be no way to test a "random person" that isn't a friend... Please help me to understand what you mean.

The death sentence idea is good but there are people who do not think that there should even be a death sentence. Those people would protest against testing on the prisoners.

xxxwcr:
there are too many humans on the earth that are overpopulating and destroying it. the animals were doing fine and weren't screwing it up until humans found out how to hunt.
I completely agree with this statement. Many of the things humans have done have begun to destroy the Earth. Things like mass-producing cows and other animals to eat and cutting down the rainforests to put them. But I just want to mention that animals hunt too, and humans hunting hasn't messed up the planet.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
July 18th, 2006 at 07:51pm
>freak on a leash<:
xxxwcr:
there are too many humans on the earth that are overpopulating and destroying it. the animals were doing fine and weren't screwing it up until humans found out how to hunt.
I completely agree with this statement. Many of the things humans have done have begun to destroy the Earth. Things like mass-producing cows and other animals to eat and cutting down the rainforests to put them. But I just want to mention that animals hunt too, and humans hunting hasn't messed up the planet.
Now that there are laws on hunting, it is actually helping the environment.
Back when people first started to hunt for game, alot of big predator type of animals were shot. So, those kinds of animals don't exist anymore, and to hunting keeps small animals, and therefore the environment, balanced.
MommysLittleMonster
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MommysLittleMonster
July 19th, 2006 at 01:01pm
I don't really understand this statement. Just because a person isn't your friend doesn't mean that you should test on them. Everyone in the world has friends, so there would be no way to test a "random person" that isn't a friend... Please help me to understand what you mean.

The death sentence idea is good but there are people who do not think that there should even be a death sentence. Those people would protest against testing on the prisoners.

ok, maybe that was a little harsh. but anyways....I say a life or a life. its not fair that say, a mother of three gets raped and butally murdered while the one who does it gets to just spend his days in a small little cell. those kids needed her and its not right that someone takes that away so quickly. and i do take back the random person thing btw. stupid point
MommysLittleMonster
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MommysLittleMonster
July 19th, 2006 at 01:06pm
Now that there are laws on hunting, it is actually helping the environment.
Back when people first started to hunt for game, alot of big predator type of animals were shot. So, those kinds of animals don't exist anymore, and to hunting keeps small animals, and therefore the environment, balanced.

this is true. but there are still people who kill things like elephants and other animals that are either rare or just don't deserve to be killed. (which is any animal btw) hunting does keep numbers down, but before we came along the whole animal kingdom was ok and mantaining itself by keeping the right amount of animals. But we're changing with that by making some species disapear.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
July 19th, 2006 at 02:07pm
xxxwcr:
But we're changing with that by making some species disapear.
Some species of animals do disappear over time, though. We were not the ones to make dinosaurs go extinct (or maybe there is something scientists aren't telling us...) and I am sure there are hundreds of animals that have gone extinct before humans were around.

But humans do play a huge part in animals going extinct today.