Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 6th, 2006 at 04:26pm
Scandalous.:
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most contradicting things I've ever read.
"I love all animals and creatures. Nothing shall be harmed.
But I agree with testing on animals because it is for human use and nothing to do with the innocent creatures that don't even know why they're being punished."

Actually, that is far from contradicting. She loves animals, but she understands that we there are merciless diseases for which we need to find a cure and the only way to test their effectiveness is on animals.

Can I ask you a question? What if, God forbid, one day you find out you have diabetes? The medicine for diabetes, insulin, was, as I have said before, tested on animals. Would you refuse to be treated with insulin and patiently wait for a few years in which every day you feel worse than the last one for the diabetic coma to set in?
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 6th, 2006 at 04:39pm
gia:
Actually, that is far from contradicting. She loves animals, but she understands that we there are merciless diseases for which we need to find a cure and the only way to test their effectiveness is on animals.

Can I ask you a question? What if, God forbid, one day you find out you have diabetes? The medicine for diabetes, insulin, was, as I have said before, tested on animals. Would you refuse to be treated with insulin and patiently wait for a few years in which every day you feel worse than the last one for the diabetic coma to set in?

If she loves animals so much, she won't support ANY testing on animals.
If she's their 'protector', as she said, && she won't harm anything, she wouldn't agree with testing.

&& if I got diabetes, I prolly wouldn't take the medication anyway, if it includes needles.
&& what is the point of being against a medication that has already been given out?
Its medications that are still being tested that I don't agree with.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 6th, 2006 at 04:50pm
Scandalous.:

&& what is the point of being against a medication that has already been given out?

Pretty much the same as not using cosmetic products that have been tested on animals. If they're available to buy, it means that certain product is no longer tested on animals.

Oh boy, how it shows that you were never around people with serious ilnesses and you have never seen how, day after day, little by little, life leaves their bodies and all you can do is stay there and watch it happening.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 6th, 2006 at 04:57pm
You CANNOT say that.
You have no idea. At all.
Don't pass judgements like that.
Because I have seen that.
Okay?
Don't.Judge.Me.Like.That.Again.Because.It's.Not.Nessecary.In.This.Discussion.

Oh boy, how it shows that you really know how to upset someone.
Logic Is For Losers!
Joining The Black Parade
Logic Is For Losers!
July 6th, 2006 at 05:02pm
gia:

Pretty much the same as not using cosmetic products that have been tested on animals. If they're available to buy, it means that certain product is no longer tested on animals.

Oh boy, how it shows that you were never around people with serious ilnesses and you have never seen how, day after day, little by little, life leaves their bodies and all you can do is stay there and watch it happening.

What don't you get about the fact, that testing products on animals doesn't prevent them from being able to sell their product? They do it all the time, alls they have to do is say they don't test on animals on their can, and they are safe.
Caution! Toxic!
Shotgun Sinner
Caution! Toxic!
July 6th, 2006 at 05:24pm
I think it is necessary to test on animals for things such as medicine but I think it is stupid to test on animals for the sake of beauty products such as shampoo, make up, hair dye etc.

If you're ill in hospital, the medicine you will receive will be tested on animals and it could save your life. I dont think many of you would refuse it, even if you say you would now.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 7th, 2006 at 05:39am
So, is it wrong that the people who say animal testing for medical reasons is okay care more about millions of humans than a few animals?
Or is it wrong that I care more about members of my family who are ill than a hundred rats in a lab somewhere who were probably bred in captivity anyway and therefore don't know any other way of life?
Or is it wrong that I want to give myself the best possible chance in life by taking drugs that have been tested on animals?
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
July 7th, 2006 at 11:19am
Starr:
So, is it wrong that the people who say animal testing for medical reasons is okay care more about millions of humans than a few animals?
I completely understand what you mean, but I just want to correct one thing. There are more than just a few animals that get killed for medicinal testing. And the reason the few people who do not like animal testing for medicinal purposes is because they do not think that human life is better than animal life. It is not wrong for the many people to say that they are okay with testing on animals, but there are people who do not think that and they are just trying to say why.

Starr:
a hundred rats in a lab somewhere who were probably bred in captivity anyway and therefore don't know any other way of life
The rats that have been bred in captivity can have a happy life even if they cannot be put in the wild. There are people who keep rats as pets and love the rats just as much as they would love a cat or dog. The rats feel pain just like a wild rat or a dog or a human, because they were bred incaptivity that factor does not change.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 7th, 2006 at 01:32pm
>freak on a leash<:
There are more than just a few animals that get killed for medicinal testing. And the reason the few people who do not like animal testing for medicinal purposes is because they do not think that human life is better than animal life. It is not wrong for the many people to say that they are okay with testing on animals, but there are people who do not think that and they are just trying to say why.

Compared to the number of people who could benefit from the one drug, the number of animals harmed in the testing of it is relatively low- that's what I meant.

>freak on a leash>:
The rats that have been bred in captivity can have a happy life even if they cannot be put in the wild. There are people who keep rats as pets and love the rats just as much as they would love a cat or dog. The rats feel pain just like a wild rat or a dog or a human, because they were bred incaptivity that factor does not change.

I know. I was merely pointing out that the rats can't be set free because they wouldn't have the skills needed to survive.Their feelings will remain the same, of course. But they wouldn't be able to survive for a long period of time outside the scientific lab, whereas the person who needs the treatment and medication hasn't been born into captivity and does have the social and intellectual skills needed to survive.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 8th, 2006 at 09:29am
Come on, now we're talking about the pain and suffering of rats? Rats? So it's unfair to hurt them during experiments, but it was fair for them to decimate the human population by speading the plague? Or is it fair now that, in many underdeveloped countries, the diseases they spread cause millions of deaths? But who cares about those people, right? The ones in civilised countires care more about their pet rats.

Scandalous.:

And now I'm supposed to say I'm sorry or something? Well, that's not going to happen.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
July 8th, 2006 at 09:39am
I recently did a schools debate at the Houses Of Parliament on animal testing. In the end it pretty much boiled down to one question: Would you save your mother or a rabbit? I know that sounds totally ridiculous but I think, most of us, put in that position would rather give/take a lifesaving medicine, whether it has been tested on animals or not. I do think its cruel don't get me wrong but at the end of the day its neccesary, theres not much else we can do instead.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 9th, 2006 at 03:33pm
gia:
Come on, now we're talking about the pain and suffering of rats? Rats? So it's unfair to hurt them during experiments, but it was fair for them to decimate the human population by speading the plague? Or is it fair now that, in many underdeveloped countries, the diseases they spread cause millions of deaths? But who cares about those people, right? The ones in civilised countires care more about their pet rats.

Scandalous.:

And now I'm supposed to say I'm sorry or something? Well, that's not going to happen.

For God's sake.
I'm passing a stupid judgement like you did.
Okay then, another example.

Oh boy, how it shows that you've never had a pet before.

I have no proof of that, like you didn't.
You cannot say that I've never seen someone slowly deteriorate (sp?) and die from what I say.
Because I have.
Okay?

Please try to understand my posts?
I have had to explain everyone of them to you.

&& for the rats thing.
The rats didn't spread the diseases deliberately.
They're rats.
They're not as cruel as humans.
We do do test deliberately.
Because we're too scared to do it to ourselves.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
July 10th, 2006 at 11:43am
Because we're too scared to do it to ourselves.

Nowadays yes we are, but during WW2 hundreds of thoussands of Jews were tested on by Germans for 'medical science'. Whether it was or not I guess we'll never know but that was carried out in the death camps so in modern society they are hardly going to let that happen again after the horrors that were carried out in the same places as 'medical science'.

Humans do volunteer to have new drugs tested on them but only after they have had multiple tests carried out of animals, dna etc.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 10th, 2006 at 12:44pm
well, a human life is more valuable then an animal life, and testing should only be done for desises (sp?) that are extremly deadly and that are killing thousands of people. testing animals for cosmetics is stupid, cruel, and wrong. End of discussion.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 10th, 2006 at 01:07pm
new jersey:
well, a human life is more valuable then an animal life.

No it's not.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 10th, 2006 at 01:15pm
Scandalous.:
new jersey:

No it's not.

May i ask how?
x-my-chemiq-x
Killjoy
x-my-chemiq-x
July 10th, 2006 at 01:35pm
i think animal testing is stupid depending on the situation n stuf .
its like wen they test monkeys for aids drugs bt the silly thing is that monkeys cant die from aids so how do they now that the drug isint makin the sitiation wore it just makes them crazy. so they may think a drug works on a monky but could have difrent side afects on humions and could end up killing them. every creature in this worald is difrient and reacts difrent so y r we testing drugs on sumthing that could react totaly difrent for us and in many situatons kill us . so if ur questions is who would u save ur mum or a rat ? then ur questin is one stupid 1 coz thats not wat its about its about how we should not be crool to others and how animal testing is not always the best thing to make medicaton to the ones u love. if i was ur mother i would rather u killed me that make another living creature be harmed.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 10th, 2006 at 03:36pm
I seems that people haven't understood me so I'll have to repeat myself: Humans are mammals, and all mammals respond the same way to different substances. And they don't only look at the superficial effect, at what can be seen by anyone (for exaple, if their fur falls out). They take cells from their bodies and what the effect was to that level.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
July 10th, 2006 at 08:07pm
new jersey:
Scandalous.:
new jersey:

No it's not.

May i ask how?
May I ask why you think human life is more valuable than animal life?

Is it because we are smarter and more evolved? Because in millions of years that rats could be smarter and more evolved than we are now. And if someone went killing all of the gorillas that our people used to be than we would not exist. No one has yet told me a reason to make me think that animal life is worth less than a human and I don't think my mind will change any time soon.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
July 10th, 2006 at 10:47pm
new jersey:

I know.
People have already said things to you.
But I strongly disagree.

Because they can't talk?
Because they are "dumber"?
Because we're just higher on the food chain?

An animal life is just as valuable.