Don't have an account? Create one!

Divorce

AuthorMessage
not tonight
Thinking Happy Thoughts
not tonight
May 31st, 2006 at 10:54pm
I think people be mroe careful about the people they marry.
Becky has a rainbow.
Always Born a Crime
Becky has a rainbow.
May 31st, 2006 at 10:58pm
My parents aren't divorced but they're separated (they couldn't be bothered to get a divorce...and their not seeing anybody else) i grew up with them fighting and arguing all the time, since i was little, like 6 or 7. Me and my mum moved but my dad found a way to come live with us again. The only thing with my dad was his drinking problem...he came to live with us so he could help around the house and cook when my mum felt ill (she has cancer) but he seemed to make things worse coming home drunk and swearing and aggresively shouting...their separation (in my eyes is kind of divorce but with out the hassle) was definantly needed
i still see my dad, and so does my mum...it's not like she's just going to forget about him after all.

Edit: sorry that was kind of all about me...oh well Smile
In a hail of bullets
Really Not Okay
In a hail of bullets
May 31st, 2006 at 11:03pm
my parents have been divorced for 8 years almost nine now. That's over half my life. It doesn't really bother me. I mean they got it when I was 5 so I didn't know what it was really about until I was 11. So I didn't take it hard. I don't really care anyway. I think it's alot better they got it. If they didn't I most likely wouldn't have found this website because the girl that showed this to me I met after I moved. And I moved because of the divorced. So it all turned out great!
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 31st, 2006 at 11:10pm
Bloodraine:
Cut My Wrists:
divorce should only be for 2 reasons.
if you don`t know what they are,look
in the bible.

A book written more than two millennia ago by countless different authors?

I'd be inclined not to put my faith in that. Thats just me personally though.

Yeah, I agree with what has been said.
I feel like I will use things others have written and said to guide my life, but what I think and do is up to me, not some book.
I don't think that ended up the way I meant it.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
June 1st, 2006 at 01:33am
Divorce sucks. My parents divorced when I was 7. I thought it was my fault because I always cried when they got in fights. My mom said in front of me to my dad that they couldn't do this to me. So they divorced, and 3 months later, my dad moved out.
T_T

Edit// I'm not against it, but I'm not for it. It's hard for both adults, and children if they have any. But if it's what is best for you and the/ir kids, it should be done.
LouderNow
Really Not Okay
LouderNow
June 1st, 2006 at 08:03pm
I am against divorce.
You get married, and your in it for the best of it, and the worst of it.
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
June 1st, 2006 at 08:08pm
I've thought about divorce alot. My parents divorced when I was seven years old, and I had to move away from my dad. To this day, I can only see him three weeks every year of my life. Can you imagine how much more time I could spend with him if my parents hadn't divorced?

Things for me would be so much better, and different. My dad barely knows me, and that tears me apart.

Like...what does that say about trust? You marry someone who you think you love, and then boom! It's gone? I find it to be so confusing. It's hard for me to understand that. After my parents divorced, I questioned so much. It was so hard, and so unfair for everyone.
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
June 1st, 2006 at 09:50pm
I swear my parents are going to divorce.
They get into CONSTANT fights about the stupidest things, and sometimes they hit eachother, and sometimes my Dad makes my mom cry. And whenever I hear them yell at eachother, I have the biggest feeling one of my parents is going to come home with divorce papers one day. It really scares me. I just wish it would all stop and it would never happen.
In a hail of bullets
Really Not Okay
In a hail of bullets
June 1st, 2006 at 09:56pm
I feel sorry for people that have to hear their parents fight. Yeah I heard it alot when I was growing up until I was 5 and they finally got a divorce. But I don't remember much. I feel sorry for older kids that have to go through it, must suck 'cause you're most likely to remember it unlike people whose parents got divorced when they were younger.

But don't worry about. The worst they can do to you is not let you see the other parent. Luckily I get to see my dad everyother weekend, and when I have softball games.
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
June 1st, 2006 at 10:01pm
my dad always acts like he hates me. he's always mad because i don't do a lot of stuff with him. i'm 14. i can do what i want, within reason and within my legal capabilities. i'm just tired of hearing them fighting. i just want to go somewhre where someone will listen to me vent my problems to them. not a shrink or whatever, but a good, trusting person. someone my age.
In a hail of bullets
Really Not Okay
In a hail of bullets
June 1st, 2006 at 10:04pm
vent it out here. I'm not your age but only one year apart!!

But I know what you're going through.

And yeah whenever I go and visit my dad he doesn't seem to listen when I talk. But I know he loves me. If your parents do get a divorce and you live with him I don't know if it would change (it might) but if you live with your mom it will definally change! He'll realize how much he loves you.
omg!_its izzy!
Really Not Okay
omg!_its izzy!
June 1st, 2006 at 10:16pm
my parents have been divorced for about 10 years now. i think my life without my dad has been good and now i cant imagin it with him.

i hate my dad and im glad they got a divorce.

some people think that kids who come from a broken home have less chance of having a sucessfull marrige when they grow up. i think thats wrong because all my life i have wanted to be the opposite of my parents and actually make a go of it and have a sucessfull mariage
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 1st, 2006 at 10:18pm
My parent arent divorced yet, but I keep hoping the next fight will be the last straw for my mom. I hate my dad. He treats me and my brother like total crap and doesnt care at all. But then I feel guilty later about thinking like that and start crying.

Sometimes I want the divorce, sometimes I dont.

The first one occurs more often.
In a hail of bullets
Really Not Okay
In a hail of bullets
June 1st, 2006 at 10:24pm
you know for once I don't feel left out.

Ever since I was 5 I always thought no one would like me because I only lived with my mom and everyone I knew lived with both parents. But I don't feel that way anymore 'cause of this thread.

Man, am I lame. So retarded! I should've known alot of people only live with one parent.
AxPriestxGodxNeverxPaid
Jazz Hands
AxPriestxGodxNeverxPaid
June 7th, 2006 at 06:06pm
I really don't care if people get divorced or not. I mean one in two marriages ends in divorce so who am I to tell them off. If it felt good at the time but not later on why stay in a non-working relationship? But if you add kids to the picture it's a whole other thing.

My parents got divorced when I was eight. It has had a tremendous affect on my life. It hurt me so bad I didn't trust myself. I used to blame myself for their divorce like all children do. As the years passed by I cried many ocean's worth of bitter tears 'cause I missed my dad so much. I tried hating him at one point but couldn't do it. My mum never explained to me why they split but she did say I'd understand when I was older. Now that I'm older with a failed relationship under my belt I guess I can understand why they divorced. It just didn't work for them.

In the end I guess it was better that my parents did get a divorce when they did. If they would've stayed together for my sake they would've ended up hating each other and never talking again. Now they are able to talk to each other.

So, I really don't care if people get divorced or not, just make sure the children understand that it's not their fault.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 7th, 2006 at 06:11pm
This is not a confession thread.
If you, your parents, grandparents, friends or pets have been through a divorce, I'm sorry.

This is a discussion thread. Discuss divorce here.
Why do people get divorced?
Do couples give up to easy?
Is the sanctity of marriage something people don't respect anymore?
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
June 7th, 2006 at 06:13pm
Yara:
Is the sanctity of marriage something people don't respect anymore?

Britney Spears's little 55 hour marriage to that other guy back in 04/05 pissed me off, even though I don't believe in marriage.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 7th, 2006 at 06:18pm
Nikki.:
Britney Spears's little 55 hour marriage to that other guy back in 04/05 pissed me off, even though I don't believe in marriage.

Every single thing about Britney Spears pisses me off.

She's now pregnant with her second child, KNOWING she wants to divorce Kevin.
Wow. Go her.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
June 7th, 2006 at 06:23pm
I think if a couple is unhappy, and can't salvage their mairrage, then yes it's okay.
Hubert Cumberdale
Always Born a Crime
Hubert Cumberdale
June 9th, 2006 at 08:38pm
It's better if the parents divorce than to come home from work every day hating eachother and taking it out on the kids, which they will do if they aren't in love.
I mean, if you have kids, and you don't love your partner, it doesn't matter, you have to divorce them because you'll mess everything up if you don't.