Don't have an account? Create one!

Divorce

AuthorMessage
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 3rd, 2006 at 11:35pm

that's the same with my brother.
He's been with the same girl for 5 years and their planning on getting married when they finish college.

all this "broken home" shit is stupid.
It doesn't always affect the child. Sometimes, most of the time, it makes them a better person if they're only with one parent.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
November 3rd, 2006 at 11:40pm
lovecan'tsaveyou:
The only thing that drives me crazy about divorce is that everyone seems to think if you come from a "broken home" you'll never have a successful marriage of your own. My mother is in the midst of her fourth marriage (there was also a long-term engagement between marriages 2 and 3), and it's on shaky ground (because of the little matter of his recent meth bust). I always thought I would never marry because she was proof that love wasn't enough; however, I ended up getting married at 18 to my high school sweetheart. After five-and-a-half years, we're still completely mad for each other, and I can't even imagine divorcing him.

I never thought I'd get married either, but I head over heels crazy for [and marrying] my girlfriend.
Jack White
Awake and Unafraid
Jack White
November 3rd, 2006 at 11:46pm
^ Congratulations! I hope the two of you find as much happiness as Nathan and I have (same for your brother and his girlfriend, Social Suicide).

Side note: Druscilla, I just read your new story and it's great.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
November 4th, 2006 at 12:52am
lovecan'tsaveyou:
^ Congratulations! I hope the two of you find as much happiness as Nathan and I have (same for your brother and his girlfriend, Social Suicide).

Side note: Druscilla, I just read your new story and it's great.

That, um, brother/Social Suicide thing was directed at me, was it?
Jack White
Awake and Unafraid
Jack White
November 5th, 2006 at 04:31pm
druscilla_nesser:
That, um, brother/Social Suicide thing was directed at me, was it?

Haha, no, I was wishing you and your girlfriend luck; and I was also wishing luck to the brother of the girl above you, and his girlfriend. Sorry that was unclear.
And so I'm not spamming: Divorce is hard on everyone involved, but so is staying in a bad marriage.
Tara Scene
Motor Baby
Tara Scene
November 5th, 2006 at 05:04pm
i really think people should be more cautious before they get married. I think that divorce can be necesary in some cases. But if there was children in the family the children are really hurt
dark_princess
Fabulous Killjoy
dark_princess
November 6th, 2006 at 04:57pm
about 9yrs ago my parents seperated and both sides of the family fell apart and my mum would say mean stuff bout my dad to my little brother and when he got older he didnt want to know mmy dad. it was really upsetting
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 6th, 2006 at 06:17pm
Devorce is hard, but not devorcing is harder
dark_princess
Fabulous Killjoy
dark_princess
November 6th, 2006 at 09:46pm
yea thats true
BrodieAtwater
Killjoy
BrodieAtwater
November 6th, 2006 at 09:53pm
Divorce, I can dig that scene.

People just don't respect marriage as much as they used to.

52% of marriages end in divorce.
That's more than friggin' half.

It's a real pain to get through, but I feel as if I'm ultimatly better for the experience.
A real character builder, so to speak.
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
November 29th, 2006 at 06:53pm
divorce fucks up kids.
it really does.
before the split and living in such an unstable enfovirement (sp?) really sucks
parents constatly yelling at one another INFRONT of little children (ex my 7 year old brother had to witness my parents trashing each other and cussing each other out) now i have to protect my baby brother
i dont want him exposed at such a young age.
but in a case like that the parents should split so that their kids wont have to go threw hell everyday
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
November 29th, 2006 at 07:20pm
I think divorce can be a good thing or a bad thing.
If the kid realizes the problem going on and is an age where they can understand the reason behind it, then I think it could be a good thing, especially if they dislike one parent for something. They always have the other parent.
If the kid doesn't see the problem and thinks their parents are happy together and they get divorced, then yes, it could mess the kid up.
Little kids having their parents divorce is usually hard, especially with yelling and everything. But after the divorce, there is no yelling. So it could be good for the kid to not have all the yelling and fighting going on in their house.
And sometimes, the kid wishes their parents would get divorced, just so the fighting would stop.
So I think it depends on the kid and the situation, it's not just saying that divorce is bad for the kids or good for the kids.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 29th, 2006 at 07:23pm
bleedingonthefloorxx:
divorce fucks up kids.
it really does.
before the split and living in such an unstable enfovirement (sp?) really sucks
parents constatly yelling at one another INFRONT of little children (ex my 7 year old brother had to witness my parents trashing each other and cussing each other out) now i have to protect my baby brother
i dont want him exposed at such a young age.
but in a case like that the parents should split so that their kids wont have to go threw hell everyday

it doesn't always fuck up kids.
Look at me: my parents fought all my life, and finally got divorced when I was 5.
all I do have to say is that my brother had it the toughess. That's only because he was 13 when it happened and he had no guy in the family after my dad left.

But it did help my family.
Most likely if my parents weren't divorced my brother probably wouldn't be here now. He's always hated my dad and can't live with him.
My sister is completely fine. She was 15 when it all happened.

also: I get alot of story inspiration 'cause of my family situation.
I actually like just living with my mom & seeing my dad everyother weekend.
I could never live with him, though
WriteThisDown
Fabulous Killjoy
WriteThisDown
November 29th, 2006 at 09:08pm
My parents are divorced, only its a diffrent situation from normal divorces. I go back and forth between my parents houses everyday. (ex, monday w/ dad, tuesday w/ mom, wednesday w/ dad, thursday w/ mom, etc. )
My dad lives in one town and my mom the other, i go to school in the town my mom lives in because ive gone to school there my whole life. I see my dad more than my mom which surprises some people, i also have a better connection with my dad, but dont get me wrong i love my mom.
Im an only child and the divorce didnt "fuck me up". Im completly happy with the situation. I wouldn't want to have my parents stay together for me, my life would be a lot worse if i had to see my parents fighting all the time.
In most cases, i think its best for the child if the parents get a divorce if their not happy.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 29th, 2006 at 09:15pm
ALRIGHT. Profanity is prohibited for a reason.

No more swearing please.
-----------------------

Divorce is merely the action of annulling a mariage, divying up possessions, responsabilities and deciding who will be the caregiver for the children. Divorce is only a legal procedure, it is abstract. It cannot HURT anyone.

The thing that can screw with kids is their parent's behavior. If the parents are good people and are willing to go the smooth, calm root, then all is good. If they decide to scrap and fight, the kids are traumatized.

But then, married couples with no intention to divorce also have vehenemet fights, in which there is cussing, violence and yelling.

Behavior is damaging. Not divorce.

Personally, I believe that marriage should be a contract with a yearly time limit. You have to sign the contract once a year, and if you want to split, anul it the next time the contract comes up for renewel.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 04:22pm
i agree, i hate it when people marry too young then 10 years leter get divorced and sy to you " well i just didnt luv ur father like i did when we got married" err my parents are divorced and i hate it because my step mom is a frickin snob!
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
December 1st, 2006 at 09:39pm
agreed
my step dad is a jerk
Shotgun Sarah;;
Joining The Black Parade
Shotgun Sarah;;
December 3rd, 2006 at 09:06am
My parents are still together and i know how lucky i am.
alot of my friends parents have broke up and they get along okay with both parents... Other hate there mum/dad for personal reasons which i dont inteed to poke my nose into.
2 examples i have one is my best friend.. here mu and dad brokw up when she was 3, since then her mum has got engaged again and she looves her mums boyfriend.. she has even called him dad sometimes by accident. she goes to her dad loads and looves him loads aswell and he has new girlfriend who she is fine with. she is perfectly happy with her double life.
But my second one is my boyfriend, he lives with his mum and hates his dad because he was such a jerk. he sees his dad most weekends but doesnt like him, his dad has a new wife and they have had another son, he likes his stepmum and half brother but still hates his dad for reasons i dont need to tell. but his mum has a boyfriend who he also hates.

so personalyl i think divorce is fine if you have a valid reason ... some people divorce after the tinyest of arguements .. others stay together through the biggest of arguements.
I know this because one of my old friends dad held a knife against her mums throat and threw her down the stairs because he used to drink alot, since then he has changed and that proves that it is poosible and they are still together even after all that.

I just thought i would tell you some stuff that i know.. oh and btw it is a fact that 1 in 3 marraiges end in divorce. Shocked i was shocked at that.
mcrmama
Killjoy
mcrmama
December 3rd, 2006 at 12:04pm
Yeah,totally.If you ahte eachother staying married is not gonna help but I think you should think about what you're doing before you get married, if things just don't work out that's understandable
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 3rd, 2006 at 01:22pm
I didn't read every posts, but i will add my bit.
Some times it's better for the kids if the parents whoa re fighting to split up. yeah, I have done that.
I would much rather leave him than to havew my kids see that.