Don't have an account? Create one!

Divorce

AuthorMessage
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
November 1st, 2006 at 11:17am
GerardsGroupie:
Lots of people say stuff like..."back in the 1800's, kids got married when they were 15, and stayed that way to the same person, faithfully, until they turned 105"...all that crap.

Thats also inaccurate. Affairs were commonplace, certainly in Victorian England. If you got caught, you were in serious trouble, but there is actually strong evidence to suggest that more people had affairs then than do in modern society.
revenge4roses
Killjoy
revenge4roses
November 1st, 2006 at 08:38pm
for anyone in here whose parents did get divorsed
how did it start?
like did it start wiht one of them leaving for a while?
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 1st, 2006 at 10:10pm

my parents always had small problems, and my mom thought they'd get better.
But they didn't and after 15 years they got divorced when I was 5.
I don't remember much, so I really don't know. That's just what my older brother and sister have said.

no one left, or anything. one day my dad just started moving out, than in the summer we moved also.
revenge4roses
Killjoy
revenge4roses
November 1st, 2006 at 10:35pm
aww im sorry.
thats sad.

but like i over heard my parents talking.
or fighting.
and my moms telling him how he has to leave for atleast a month.
and that happened wiht my friends parents too.
like her dad was just supposed to go for a couple weeks.
and now its been months.
and he has his own appartment.
and i dont wnat my parents to separate or get divorced....
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 1st, 2006 at 10:42pm

see I don't really know what it feels like to have a parent leave. I mean I was 5...I didn't know what was going on. I didn't cry or anything. By law I have to see my dad every other weekend until I'm 16. it sucks sometimes since I have more of a "father" relationship with my brother who's 20.

the divorce didn't affect my sister since she was 15, and didn't care much. She's always been social and had a social life so she didn't really care whatsoever.

It affected my brother though. he became sorta depressed since we moved and he started Middle School without knowing anyone. He went through some hard times, but now he's good, but he hates my dad for leaving him and not caring. basically my dad ignores him. I'unno why, but atleast my brother is fine with the rest of us. I guess he hates my dad since he grew up with three girls and my dad did nothing to make himeself a father.

but yeah...taking from him it must be hard being a teen and having your parents split. That's why my mom wanted to get it over with since she couldn't live with it anymore and didn't want us to get affected with the fighting.
revenge4roses
Killjoy
revenge4roses
November 1st, 2006 at 11:20pm
thats really sad.
about your brother.
but yeah thats good that your mom did it when you were still young.
but i remember
i wasin second grade.
and we had to make these cards with all these attitudes on them.
and on the back we had to write something that went with that attitude.
and one of them was humble or atleast i think thats the on it was.
and on the back i wrote that my parents would never get divorced.
and when igot home my parents saw them.
and they promised me they never would.
and now its like theyre breaking that promise to me.
but whatever.
it doesnt matter.
ill get over it.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 1st, 2006 at 11:22pm

yeah you will.
if you ever get like sad or anything, you always have people on this thread who have divorced parents.
and you have me, Lol.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
November 2nd, 2006 at 01:32am
I'm very unaffected by this divorce my parents are having.

I never knew my real father, and my step dad? Let's just say things are better off with him gone...

What does bother me, however, is the fact that our state's law says that you must be seperated for at least one year before the divorce process even begins. That is quite possibly the stupidest law we have. If a couple wants a divorce, there's no turning back at that point.

Granted, the whole over-night-vegas-style-divorce isn't any better, but in most situations I think it's safe to say that no one is going to reconsider their decision.
NaomilovesMCR
Killjoy
NaomilovesMCR
November 2nd, 2006 at 03:17am
My parent's devorcied when I was 6 and i can remember a bit. But i still dont know and will never know why cos they both have diffrent storys. My Dad remaried and that was the most difficult thing to ever happen to me. I think it really affects the kids more cos I know i will never forget it i just blame them both. When i get married i wont make the same mistake so thats the good thing you learn from other peoples mistakes. Im glad they got devorced though cos they hated each other but now their alright with each other at least they are civial.

Ciao all!!!! xxx Naomi
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:37am

we (my brother, sister and I) knew my dad would always get remarried. So when he did last Janurary it was no surprise.
But what is the surprise is that my mom is getting remarried soon. I don't really care though. I'm rarely home and he's nice to me. Already he's done more stuff with me than my own dad does. So far he's taken me to one concert and might take to me another in December.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:12am
Social Suicide:

we (my brother, sister and I) knew my dad would always get remarried. So when he did last Janurary it was no surprise.
But what is the surprise is that my mom is getting remarried soon. I don't really care though. I'm rarely home and he's nice to me. Already he's done more stuff with me than my own dad does. So far he's taken me to one concert and might take to me another in December.

Your very lucky to get on with him so well. Often we (as the children of broken mariages) tend to hate it when one of our parents finds someone new and it can be tough. But the most important thing to remember is that our parents are only human, they need love, they crave contact in the form of a partnership, just as all humans do. So even if your hating their new boyfriends/girlfriends, its their choice, I find it best just to be civil if you dont really like them , because then no one is getting hurt.
girlkillgirl
Killjoy
girlkillgirl
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:20am
When our father has left the house, to us there were 6 years. It happens in the summer, we had a rest in other city and knew nothing about problems of our parents. But once mum has called and has told, that it has left. I then probably have not understood it. It became then clear, that it has left for ever, mum strongly experienced, but to me was all the same. Now to me 16, it comes every month with money, we talk and more than anything
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 2nd, 2006 at 03:57pm
Tater Shortcake:
divorce should only be for 2 reasons.
if you don`t know what they are,look
in the bible.

Not everyone is Christian.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 2nd, 2006 at 04:02pm
My parents got divoced when I was five. It was nasty and to this day they DO NOT get along together. When it happened, my mom tried to across my dad of spousal abuse and child abuse. (i.e, me, I don't have any memeries of this so I doubt it.) Unfortunately it caused for a rough childhood.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 2nd, 2006 at 04:38pm
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:

Your very lucky to get on with him so well. Often we (as the children of broken mariages) tend to hate it when one of our parents finds someone new and it can be tough. But the most important thing to remember is that our parents are only human, they need love, they crave contact in the form of a partnership, just as all humans do. So even if your hating their new boyfriends/girlfriends, its their choice, I find it best just to be civil if you dont really like them , because then no one is getting hurt.

yeah I've seen that alot with some people I know at school. They all come to me since I'm the one whose parents have been apart the longest.
I don't hate my dad's wife...just him. In the early years he'd do some stuff with my brother and I. Than after my brother stopped going, he did less. now he does nothing with me since he's married. I just sit at his house read and come on here. So basically every other weekend this is my life

truthofcontroversy:
My parents got divoced when I was five. It was nasty and to this day they DO NOT get along together.

my parents don't get along whatsoever now. They use to until my dad refused to pay for my brother's college.
Now my mom's taking him to court and demanding he pay since my brother is his child after all, and not my mother's boyfriends.
I feel my brother's pain of not getting anything, though. I get nothing now that I have my own money. my dad thinks I can pay for everything myself >.>

The only advise I can give to people who have parents that are getting divorced is hang out with friends as much as possible. It makes the time go by faster without having to hear your parents.
Or just get away by going on the computer. That works too.
Other than that - I don't have any.
XxRobynnexX
Killjoy
XxRobynnexX
November 2nd, 2006 at 04:40pm
i know what divorce is like. my mom and dad got a divorce when i was 5, and now my dad and step-mom r getting a divorce too. it's really tough for kids. especally if ur old enough to understand what's going on.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
November 3rd, 2006 at 07:41am
But don't you think that a child maybe having to go back and forth between houses on the weekend or taking turns staying at houses is a lot better for them than growing up in a broken home where his or her parents are constantly arguing? Mommy and Daddy being away from each other is a lot less scarring than Mommy and Daddy arguing.

It's the parent's responsibility to thoroughly explain to a child that a divorce doesn't mean the parents hate the children, or blame them, or anything like that. A child should be told these things the moment the process happens.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 3rd, 2006 at 01:01pm

my mom didn't say any of that my brother just flat out said, "Mom and Dad hate each other now. So you're gonna be with just us."

I know it's weird that I didn't care, but I really didn't. Now that I think about I think the reason I didn't care was because I spent all my time with my brother for the first 5 years of my life. So basically he was my "father" figure and my dad was just my dad.

And I do agree with you Wait...What? with the going back and forth seeing each parent. I'm fine with it, and it does give me a chance to see my dad.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
November 3rd, 2006 at 11:14pm
My mom's been married and divorced 4 times.

I would never get divorced.

But I can't really say don't get divorced or do. I think you should think about your kids.
Jack White
Awake and Unafraid
Jack White
November 3rd, 2006 at 11:32pm
The only thing that drives me crazy about divorce is that everyone seems to think if you come from a "broken home" you'll never have a successful marriage of your own. My mother is in the midst of her fourth marriage (there was also a long-term engagement between marriages 2 and 3), and it's on shaky ground (because of the little matter of his recent meth bust). I always thought I would never marry because she was proof that love wasn't enough; however, I ended up getting married at 18 to my high school sweetheart. After five-and-a-half years, we're still completely mad for each other, and I can't even imagine divorcing him.