Don't have an account? Create one!

Divorce

AuthorMessage
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 07:49pm
Well I hope that gets solved soon for you.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 14th, 2007 at 01:57am
When you go into a marriage, you make vows which say "for better or for worse", not "until I get tired of you" or "until you change from how you are today".

I realize that most of the posters here are half my age, but I got married at 21 and I meant every word I said.

Now, at 29, I mean them still.

I hope that all of you find peace regarding your parents' divorces. I hope that you will learn from their mistakes and if you choose to marry, it is to someone you are ready to accept as they are now as well as who they will be fifty years from when you marry them, because they will *not* be the same person.
deathly_romance
Killjoy
deathly_romance
November 30th, 2007 at 10:48am
My parents are going through a divorce and it's been a long time coming. My dad abused my mom and she found comfort in another guy off the net. I'm not really bothered about it 'cos my dad was a total _______ towards me and my elder brother. But it's taking its toll on my little brother (aged 7). I personally don't believe in marriage--it just ruins things. If i ever do get married, I don't wanna divorce him/her.. I wanna do a ripe old age with them.
catlady
Joining The Black Parade
catlady
December 1st, 2007 at 05:09am
deathly_romance, you took the words right out of my mouth!

I don't believe in marriage either - ultimately, it's just a paper with your signatures on it. What I do believe in is the commitment between two people who love each other. It's about connecting with that person and not just being with each other, but working together.

It's like a domino effect - if you don't have commitment, the rest of the pieces fall as well. But when you do have commitment, you can figure out what to do in tough situations.
My parents are the kind of parents that are not divorced, but should be, in my opinion. They are totally not suited for each other - but, like deathly_romance, I also have a seven year old brother, and if he even had the slightest inkling of the truth, it would affect him for the rest of his life. So basically, I'm kind of trying to wait the "storm" out, but the problem is, you never know what's going to happen tomorrow.
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
March 25th, 2008 at 08:00am
I think... that... if people are going to get married, they should make sure that they trust one another. Know your significant other more than you know yourself. Make sure that you have this... unbreakable trust that disables one or the other from lying.

I think that if the parents are disagreeing with each other, they should work it out. I dont think they should affect the child. It's not the childs fault that they couldnt work anything out. And this thing about cheating, you go back to the trust, then there is also the fact that you should get it out of the person WHY they did it and what you've done to make them do it.

If the relationship is TOO fragile already then you should explain to the child. No child wants to be left wondering and alone. No matter how old the child is you have to tell them that... mommy and daddy arent agreeing with each other and arent staying together anymore. only when they are older must you get into the specifics
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
March 25th, 2008 at 08:25am
xF.w.A.n.K.i.Ex:
I think... that... if people are going to get married, they should make sure that they trust one another. Know your significant other more than you know yourself. Make sure that you have this... unbreakable trust that disables one or the other from lying.

I think that if the parents are disagreeing with each other, they should work it out. I dont think they should affect the child. It's not the childs fault that they couldnt work anything out. And this thing about cheating, you go back to the trust, then there is also the fact that you should get it out of the person WHY they did it and what you've done to make them do it.

If the relationship is TOO fragile already then you should explain to the child. No child wants to be left wondering and alone. No matter how old the child is you have to tell them that... mommy and daddy arent agreeing with each other and arent staying together anymore. only when they are older must you get into the specifics

i agree with that. its true. marriage is something that should be taken seriously. and you shouldnt just have a divorce. definately try and work things out. but if worst comes to worst, and its the best for you, your partner and your children, then try and do it so that you can still be friends (for the childs sake).

i have a friend who's parents cannot stand being in the same house as each other for even 5 mins. and its really sad for her and her sister.
The?!Society
Fabulous Killjoy
The?!Society
March 25th, 2008 at 12:45pm
I've had my share of divorces - my mom and dad got divorced once and my mom got divorced again. Now my current stepdad and my mom can't stand each other and my dad and stepmom don't even hug anymoe. Marriage sucks and I don't believe in it at all.
I'm Not Okay90
Fabulous Killjoy
I'm Not Okay90
March 25th, 2008 at 01:00pm
I know about 10 people whos parents are divorced. This one girl I know's parents got divorce because her dad got a 16 year-old pregnant. Another was because this other girl's dad beat her mom. This other girl claimed her parents were getting divorce, but they weren't. She almost got her ass kicked in the parking lot after school. Smile Divorce is bull shit!
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
April 1st, 2008 at 09:21am
SOME PEOPLE GET MARRIED TOO YOUNG AND THEY CHANGE AND SOMETIMES THESE CHANGES THEY GO THROUGH DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE OTHER ONE, I DONT BELIEVE IN STAYING MARRIED JUST FOR "THE KIDS" OR MONEY. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE MISERABLE