Don't have an account? Create one!

Divorce

AuthorMessage
SuperBecky2410
Salute You in Your Grave
SuperBecky2410
June 9th, 2006 at 09:21pm
Lots of people say stuff like..."back in the 1800's, kids got married when they were 15, and stayed that way to the same person, faithfully, until they turned 105"...all that crap. I figure, divorce would've happened just as often back in the day if it was accepted as a normality, like it is today.

Too bad, though, it's just getting to be too accepted. It's like a person'll say "k, I think I'll get married today." so they do, and then they divorced within 3 weeks. That's bullshit. A marriage is supposed to be special.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 10th, 2006 at 07:00am
Queen of Apology:
I think if a couple is unhappy, and can't salvage their mairrage, then yes it's okay.

I agree with that.
But it's sometimes hard to differenciate between actual marital problems and little tiffs.
monkeyinair
Bleeding on the Floor
monkeyinair
June 10th, 2006 at 10:23am
i rather they divorce than stay together suffer. but isnt it better if they don't marry in the first place? then the children wouldn't have to go through everything? *talking about my friend's parents my parents are very united in giving me hell.
mcr saved my life!
Killjoy
mcr saved my life!
June 12th, 2006 at 03:07am
i think that kids would rather be living in two peaceful homes, rather than come from a broken one Kicking
U_stole_my_popsicle!
Fabulous Killjoy
U_stole_my_popsicle!
July 27th, 2006 at 05:13pm
i agree that it is better to live in the seprate homes but after living with both my parents for 11 years together the suddenly moving and only seeing my dad on certain days is hard but atleast if you fuck up with one parent you can stay with the other. right? Confused
addict for dramatics
Thinking Happy Thoughts
addict for dramatics
July 27th, 2006 at 05:25pm
I think that if someone wants to get divorced they have the right to.
Sometimes it needs to happen.
I know it had to happen in my parents case.
They were really unhappy and my dad kept taking it out on my sisters and I.
Sylvia.
Salute You in Your Grave
Sylvia.
July 30th, 2006 at 12:30pm
I disagree with whoever said/thinks that people aren`t being cautious enough when marrying. I`m sure that NO ONE thinks they are going to wind up getting a divorce. I agree that marriage is something that shouldn`t be taken lightly, but people and circumstances do change. Everyone should be entitled to a divorce. Sometimes it is for the better. I know for my parents that was the case. I`m glad they got a divorce when they did, because now they are both happily remarried. I feel badly that for awhile, so many people were stuck in unhealthy relationships because divorced was frowned upon in our society.
Unholy Matrimony.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unholy Matrimony.
August 31st, 2006 at 10:54pm
some people, i think, rush into marriages too fast, and they don't take the time you should be (dating...or w/e) taking to talk about themselves, and seeing if they are right for each other.

but people should still be able to divorce.
Phoebizzle
Really Not Okay
Phoebizzle
October 18th, 2006 at 08:12pm
Some people just fall out of love... it happened with my parents
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
October 18th, 2006 at 08:17pm

my parents have been divorced for 9 years, and I'm for divorce.
I mean if my parents were to be still living together I would go crazy. my mom hates my dad and my dad hates my older brother. and I mean alot
I think people that get divorced after only being married for 2 years is stupid. They shouldn't have married the person than.
But, my parents were together for 15 years before they got divorced and that's only because my mom though my dad would change.
I know some people are like "Stay together for the kids. You don't want to have to choose."
Sometimes it's not always best to stay together for the kids. for my family it was alot better.
XxRobynnexX
Killjoy
XxRobynnexX
October 22nd, 2006 at 02:22pm
people need to choose who they wanna marry more carefully.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 27th, 2006 at 06:50pm
My parents arn't even married, let alone divorced, but even if they were married and decided to get divorced, I wouldn't mind. My dad can be a bit of a nuisance and my parents often argue. I think, if a parent explains to the child about how the divorce is for the best, the kid won't feel so unwanted
violentposer
Killjoy
violentposer
October 27th, 2006 at 07:01pm
my parents divorced when i was 7. it was horrible at the time, but it was a blessing in disguise i think. i cant imagine growing up with them screaming at each other all the time.
MadinaLake
Salute You in Your Grave
MadinaLake
October 27th, 2006 at 07:13pm
violentposer:
my parents divorced when i was 7. it was horrible at the time, but it was a blessing in disguise i think. i cant imagine growing up with them screaming at each other all the time.

Same story with me....now my dad has remarried and my mum is to remarry but i dont mind the situation cos it could have been a whole lot worse if they (my parents) were still together
Rainy.
Awake and Unafraid
Rainy.
October 29th, 2006 at 01:16am
I haven't been in situations with divorces that turned out in any positive way. But I like to think sometimes it's better because the couple can be happier and if there is children involved they don't have to live with their parents fighting all the time

.I also think it depends on how old the children are when the parents divorce.
My friends parents got divorced when he was 4 and he doesn't remember them fighting a lot, but I was 13-17 when my parents were going through their divorce and I remember how bad the fighting was and sometimes still is.
Shallow Grave
Killjoy
Shallow Grave
October 29th, 2006 at 05:22am
Well of corse people should think things through before getting married. But you can't predict what the future will bring. What happens is your spouse cheats, or kills someone? I know I wouldn't give them a second chance.

What if they're abusive? I wouldn't want to stay with them.

What if you stop loving each other?

There are endless reasons to get a divorce, and endless consequences. But all in all, I'm for it, because without it, how would the children turn out?

Growing up with nonstop bickering, your parents doing things just to spite the other. The huse would be full of tension, and it would screw the kid up for life, because they would grow up thinking that that's how marraige is supposed to work.

Basically, I'm for divorce, because without it, the kids get screwed up.
jack---fantasy
Killjoy
jack---fantasy
October 29th, 2006 at 11:06am
today, after years of unrest and bickering, moving in and out, falling outs and making ups, my parents announced that they were getting divorced.. i have a 7 year old brother that they havent told yet, and a 17 year old brother who thinks being affected is uncool.

its shit.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
October 29th, 2006 at 07:33pm
Shallow Grave:
Basically, I'm for divorce, because without it, the kids get screwed up.

yup.
My older brother and I would probably be more messed up than we are now.
and my sister would probably think she's all high and mighty since my dad babies her like she 3 when she's 23! though she doesn't like it that much...
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
October 29th, 2006 at 07:33pm
^i am so sorry for you. I know how it feels my mother left my father for her girlfriend. I was so hurt and angry when it happened, but now i see that they were very unhappy they just hid it from me.

i'm ok with it now but it takes time to adjust to.
girlkillgirl
Killjoy
girlkillgirl
November 1st, 2006 at 10:51am
My parents aren't divorced, but they're separated. And i think it's great, because i don't like my father.
I hope you understand me. My English is not good. (I'm from Russia)