Don't have an account? Create one!

Divorce

AuthorMessage
abcdefrankiero
Killjoy
abcdefrankiero
December 14th, 2006 at 12:16am
It really depends on the situation. I think marriage is a very big decision, so before you get married, make sure you know how your spouse is like. But sometimes after a while of being married, things just don't work. Things happen.
loveneverwantedme
Killjoy
loveneverwantedme
December 14th, 2006 at 09:32am
see my parents divorced when i was about 9 and it tore my entire family apart. There is no way that we can remove divorce out of our lives but i think that people need to think about what they are getting into when they decide to join together at the alter. i know that some people just go into it for tax cuts, others just think that they are with the best person ever and have only known them for a couple months. my remedy, get to know your partner, be with them for a year or so, get to know everything about them and then make the disicion wether you want to spend the rest of you life with them

DIVORCE HURTS MORE THAN JUST THE MARRIED COUPLE!!!!
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 14th, 2006 at 11:52am
Christmas Sex:
divorce should only be for 2 reasons.
if you don`t know what they are,look
in the bible.

I agree.
If a relationship isn't working they need to seperate. Because it can be traumitizing towards the children, they should seperate because
they want to maintain a frienship for the kids. It's not only for the kids, it's for the
parents so they won't be fustrated enough to even deal with the kids.
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 14th, 2006 at 11:57am
I think that divorce should be allowed, just because if things don't work out between the couple they shouldn't be forced to spend the rest of their lives with them. On the other hand, I think that people nowadays are taking marriage way too lightly and should really think about what they're doing before they go off and marry someone. When it comes to who gets custody of the kids, I think the kids should stay together. It's bad enough that the kids have to endure the parents splitting, they shouldnt have to ruin their relationship with their syblings as well.
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 14th, 2006 at 11:59am
abcdefrankiero:
It really depends on the situation. I think marriage is a very big decision, so before you get married, make sure you know how your spouse is like. But sometimes after a while of being married, things just don't work. Things happen.

i completely agree with you.
suicide silence
Joining The Black Parade
suicide silence
December 30th, 2006 at 06:55pm
i hate divorce...my parents got divorced a couple years ago and it put me and my brother through hell...it was horrible! i think if parents really feel like they need a divorce they should try not to involve the kids at all and only let them know that they NEED to know....i also think that parents absolutly should not take out what happened to them on their kids...and shouldnt talk "badly" about the other parent in front of their kids either...
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
December 30th, 2006 at 07:04pm
VampireKisses:

I agree.
If a relationship isn't working they need to seperate. Because it can be traumitizing towards the children, they should seperate because
they want to maintain a friendship for the kids. It's not only for the kids, it's for the parents so they won't be fustrated enough to even deal with the kids.

my parents ended their marriage 9 years ago because my mom thought my dad would change and he never did.
But now my dad's remarried, and my mom's getting married in June.

I, personally, am happy they got divorced. If they didn't I would hear yelling all the time & my brother wouldn't live in the same house with me.
& I wouldn't be here...when I moved after the divorce I met my friend that showed me this site.
It's all good now.
maudlinromance
Bleeding on the Floor
maudlinromance
December 30th, 2006 at 08:49pm
I'm sort of split on this, but I lean more towards the divorce, because my parents divorced when I was 10, and I am stronger because of it. My old man cheated on my mom, and this taught me that I never had to take any crap from anyone because they are what they call, "dominent." I don't believe in that crap. Men and women are equals. But going on into divorce, it's better to come from a broken home with one loving parent than come from a fighting one with no loving ones. But trust me when I say that many children don't come out alive, some do, but many are affected.

So moral of this story: Don't marry asses. But then how would you know? Yea.
conflictingXromance
Killjoy
conflictingXromance
December 31st, 2006 at 12:00am
same i agree. I mean you should really make sure you know and truely love the person before commiting yourself like marriage. But things as it goes along could get worse and they could just fall out of love. So i guess if you get divorced you can't always say that the person wasn't careful enough when choosing their life partner.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 1st, 2007 at 04:26pm
This Is The End.:
VampireKisses:

I agree.
they want to maintain a friendship for the kids. It's not only for the kids, it's for the parents so they won't be fustrated enough to even deal with the kids.

my parents ended their marriage 9 years ago because my mom thought my dad would change and he never did.
But now my dad's remarried, and my mom's getting married in June.

I, personally, am happy they got divorced. If they didn't I would hear yelling all the time & my brother wouldn't live in the same house with me.
& I wouldn't be here...when I moved after the divorce I met my friend that showed me this site.
It's all good now.

right on.... I'm glad you feel that way. If it doesn't hurt you then it's okay.
A cruce salus
Salute You in Your Grave
A cruce salus
January 1st, 2007 at 05:38pm
I believe divorce should only be taken in consideration when one or both of the partners have been unfaithful or when there has been abuse (as hitting and hurting) otherwise, I'm sure there are ways to solve the problem. Even with that kind of problems there is a solution, it's not easy to get to, though. People should be really sure of the person they chose before they actually marry and especially before they have kids. My parents are not split up, but they have been pretty close. They have had their problems and solved them with time. I believe once they have solved their problems once, there shouldn't be as much arguements, at least what happened with my parents. People should be really sure who they are marrying before taking the big step.
Kurtni
Fabulous Killjoy
Kurtni
January 2nd, 2007 at 07:48pm
My issue is not so much that I think divorce is wrong, as I do think that marriage has lost it's value. It's no longer viewed as the commitment that it once was. When two people are unhappy, they shouldn't be forced to stay together, however, the whol situation could have been avoided if they had taken into consideration what marriage entails.

I also don't think its healthy for children to be exposed to their parents fighting like that. The mental effects it can have on children can be dangerous to them later on in life. Living in a home enviorment with all that negativity and abuse can cause distored views of reality. Divorce is hard on kids, but living like that it alot worse.
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 04:39pm
My parents are divorced, and i think this was a great decision..why?
Because my mum and dad wouldnt have met the people they are with now, i wouldnt have met my wonder step brother who i luv to death, i wouldnt have new family and the house i live in now, i would have the house i used to live in, but thanks to my stepdad i now live in a much bigger and better house and i am truly grateful to him, because without him i wouldnt have all the things that most people take for granted. I still see my dad very often and i do not love him less, just because he left my mum, in a way, it was the right thing to do and i still have a close relationship with him. I am very grateful for life and i am respectful of my parents and step parents and i think that if you are not in a stable marrige then yes it is good to get divorced as it is for the best.
ILuvMCRandYotas
Motor Baby
ILuvMCRandYotas
April 10th, 2007 at 10:53pm
I've been divorced for almost a year now. Looking back, I know I made a big mistake. But when you're young & in love, you don't think about several years down the line & how you & your significant other will change. Not to mention, in my case, my ex had a hidden agenda when he married me. I'd rather be alone than be a slave.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
April 12th, 2007 at 06:37am
I think its worse if they stay together and unhappy.

This happens to lots of people, because they have a reputation to care about, or a child, or other complications arise.

I'm not really going to talk about personal stuff, but its worse if they do stay together.

Some people have a clean split and its better, far better than it was before for everyone. Not just that some sort of pressure is releived, but often people can still remain friends.

And sometimes.. .. not.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 12th, 2007 at 06:46am
i am for divorce as if people really hit rock bottom with each other, or if there are major problems (eg cheating, abuse, etc...) then there needs to be a way out of the relationship.

but despite alot of people saying they feel better because of it (which i am sure they do) i don't believe divorce can come at no cost.
my mum and dad divorced when i was just 6 months old.
and i bet people think, "hey, you've got it easy, i had to live with shouting and screaming and abuse for years before my folks got divorced", but in some ways i think it may be worse.
to grow up with 2 sets of conflicting families is very confusing and detrimental. especially as you have one set telling you how horrible the other set is and visa versa, and each group won't talk to the other and just takes them to court instead.
for these reasons i believe that divorce can be one of the worst things a family can do as well as one of the best. if it meant just walking away, it would be fine, but instead, the term "divorce" for me means forced silences, court cases, and backstabbing.
divorce causes alot of upset
ILuvMCRandYotas
Motor Baby
ILuvMCRandYotas
April 12th, 2007 at 01:41pm
That is one of the many reasons why I'm glad we didn't have kids. For me, it was clean & easy split, and we're actually still friends. We get along better now than we did when we were married. He still sees my family & vice versa. We just couldn't live together anymore, for a ton of reasons.
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
April 12th, 2007 at 03:30pm
My parents are divorced.. And, you know, i think it was the best for everyone, cause they were like always mad at each other.. But anyway i was 6 years old when that happined.
The Deranged Child
Fabulous Killjoy
The Deranged Child
April 12th, 2007 at 05:21pm
my parents arent divorced, and for that i am greatfull. my mom was married one other time though and she had my older sister. Mom and her dad got diivorced when my sister was 1 and it has been really tough on her. ihave noticed many changes in her. She was really bad in school an dshe hanged out with naughty kids and stuff like that. now my sister is in college an dshe has canged for the better.

I wish i could relate to someone who had their parentsa divorced. it really sad. People should really make sure they love somebody before running off and getting married. Think about it.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 13th, 2007 at 06:50am
vampires wont hurt u:

I wish i could relate to someone who had their parentsa divorced. it really sad.

thats actually quite a good point.
with the number of divorces going up it is actually getting quite hard to find people whos parents aren't divorced. for example, out of 13 in my year, there are only 3 people whos parents are still together. admittedly thats probably not the norm, but i must say it is often a talking point and i can see how the people with out the experiance of divorce can feel like they are left out sometimes.
that sounded horrible as no one should have to go through a divorce, or be affected by the consequences, but you know what i mean? its sickening that this is happening, people are actually feelinglike they can't relate to certain people (ALOT of people) because of divorce.
makes me postivly feel ill.