Don't have an account? Create one!

Child Abuse

AuthorMessage
M!lly La Bam
Bleeding on the Floor
M!lly La Bam
May 31st, 2006 at 05:21am
I think CHILD ABUSE is wrong.

Giving your child a smart rap on the butt for misbehaving/bad-mouthing ect. is the best and quickest way to teach your child right from wrong.

Child Abuse includes:
Starving your child.
Beating/bashing your child
Not having proper living quarters/clothes/bedding for your child.

Child Abuse doesn't mean teaching it right from wrong.
Dicipline is good.
My mother used to hit us with a wooden spoon when we turned 8 or something.
It taught us real quick when to stop.

I personally wouldnt hit my child with anything other than my hand, and only for diciplinary reasons.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
May 31st, 2006 at 05:37am
I think hitting them with your hand might end up being worse though,
cause it seems more personal,
not like "you did something bad"
but "I am mad at you and am hitting you."
But that's just me.

Everyone made fun of me at the end of the year,
because this little baby was raped by her mom and dad,
and she was only two days old,
and when I heard I started crying really hard.
People like that deserve the most unthinabley painful deaths in the world.
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 01:25pm
voodoo doll:
And if you want to read a book about a true story (about the author) then I recomend "A Child Called It".
I read that book. That poor man. CHILD ABUSERS HAVE GOT IT COMING TO THEM.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 01:39pm
only someone that is low and pathetic would abuse
a child. i believe in discipline but there`s a line
between discipline and abuse. you just have to
be smart enough not to cross it.
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 02:00pm
why would anyone abuse a child in the first place?
thoughts,anyone...?
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 02:01pm
hOLDmEliKeUHeLDoN2liFe:
thoughts,anyone...?

because their idiots.
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 02:03pm
Cut My Wrists:
because their idiots.
good point.anything else we've missed?
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 02:05pm
hOLDmEliKeUHeLDoN2liFe:
Cut My Wrists:
because their idiots.
good point.anything else we've missed?

they have no one else to turn their anger to.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
May 31st, 2006 at 02:14pm
hOLDmEliKeUHeLDoN2liFe:
thoughts,anyone...?

In my dad's case , he said that it was the only way for me to learn my lesson.And , of course , it made him feel like a real "macho". Even now, when he talks to his friends about raising kids , he sometimes braggs about one time when he left me all bruised because I let the dog out of the yard (I was about 8 at the time). He still thinks he handeled the situation very well and that he wasn't at all wrong to beat me.
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 02:21pm
oh my god gia, how do those experiences affect you?i don't think i'd be able to handle it.my respect for you=through the ceiling.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 02:23pm
Against.

Because I don't believe in violence. Violence towards other humans, whether you are 6 months old or 60, is never acceptable. I have no personal experience of child abuse, by the way.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
May 31st, 2006 at 02:45pm
hOLDmEliKeUHeLDoN2liFe:
oh my god gia, how do those experiences affect you?i don't think i'd be able to handle it.my respect for you=through the ceiling.

I've managed to get over it because I have an extraordinary woman as a mother who has always helped me and a great therapist. I just try to consider all the things that have happened bad dreams and focus on my present life (which I think is a happy one). In cases like mine , the sooner you understand you have to let go of the past , the better. I haven't spoken to my dad in over a year and this helps, too. He said that I'm as well as dead to him , which means he doesn't come near me. And next year I'm going to college in another city , so I won't even have to see him.
SuperNatalie.
Bleeding on the Floor
SuperNatalie.
May 31st, 2006 at 04:55pm
i think it's really bad that a lot of people here have had experiences of abuse.

abuse makes me want to really scream.
it is so, selfish, how any of the abusers can feel proud, or think themselves clever, is a mystery to me. those men need to be put into an asylum, or something, it is disgusting how they can walk free, after all they've done to warp people's lives.

the closest i have actually come to abuse, is when my dad whacked me with a wooden spoon, (which hurts like hell by the way) and i cant even remember what that was for.

and i have actually read part of 'the little prisoner' and it is actually disgusting, the things he did.
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
May 31st, 2006 at 05:31pm
My mum and dad used to hit me when I did things wrong. I turned out fine. It was usually just a slap or two, never enough to cause bruises - a short sharp smack to let me know that I was doing something I shouldn't. For example when I was doing something that could have made a hot saucepan fall on my head, my mum smacked me.

But obviously there's a line between that, discipline, stopping me from doing something so dangerous again, and abuse. I was never abused. I think that in my case my parents were right to smack me every so often. I don't consider it abuse at all, and who knows, maybe I'll smack my kids if they stick forks in electric sockets or try to spill boiling water all over themselves. But child abuse makes me sad - there've been a lot of cases near me of kids so badly abused they've died, like Lauren Wright and Victoria Climbie, who were both around 6 years old. They were beaten so badly that they died. It's disgusting. I think people who abuse children in that way should be punished way more severely than they are at the moment. I can't comprehend what would make an adult do things like that to a kid.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
May 31st, 2006 at 06:02pm
I am 100% against child abuse. Only a sick-minded jerk would do something to a child. Especially a baby. It's so depresing to turn on the news and see that some idiot abused or killed their baby. Sad
that drukq.
Always Born a Crime
that drukq.
May 31st, 2006 at 06:25pm
How could anyone honestly hit a young child, anyways? They're so innocent. But, when it comes to discipline, that's a whole other thing. I have no problem spanking children if they talk back/are uncontrolably out of hand. I will only hit children on their backsides. Hitting them in any other place WITHOUT an open hand is strictly forbidden by me. That's cruel.
LostAndFound_TheCrew
Jazz Hands
LostAndFound_TheCrew
June 1st, 2006 at 02:07pm
It is WRONG.
You should never, ever hit a child. It affects that childs life so much, and never in a posetiv way. If hitting and anger is the only thing that child ever knew, it is the only thing that child will learn its own children.
There is nothing a child could do, that would make it fair to hit it. There is always another way to tell the child, that what you just did, is wrong.
atoned angels.
Salute You in Your Grave
atoned angels.
June 1st, 2006 at 05:57pm
I've seen my friends be verbally abused countless times.
It can be even worse than being slapped or any other form of physical abuse.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 1st, 2006 at 05:58pm
carhead.:
I've seen my friends be verbally abused countless times.
It can be even worse than being slapped or any other form of physical abuse.

You have a point. Bruises and fractures will heal, but words will stay in your head.
mcrghost14
Killjoy
mcrghost14
June 6th, 2006 at 03:12pm
i've been verbally and physicaly abused many times over the years by my drunk drug addict uncle if i don't do something right i get hit or called a worthless whore. if i see or hear anyone i know being abused i will do something i don't care if i get hit but i hate seeing people suffer.