Don't have an account? Create one!

Child Abuse

AuthorMessage
bothersome-faces
Killjoy
bothersome-faces
December 11th, 2006 at 08:20pm
i can't stand the thought of some little child (or any one) having to go home and face being hit.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 12th, 2006 at 12:11pm
Me either. That really bothers me alot. I have alot of heart and respect for kids.
I think that the parents really need to do is get help if they think that it is all fine and dandy to hit their kids.
A small tap on the hand isn't bad at all, even on the bottom. But never and I mean never try to make them cry or leave marks. That is just senseless in my eyes. Kids are so small and they look up to their parents, the parents and caregivers are the roles models for the first 5 years of their life, longer than that even.
If the parents are beating on the kids when they are young, who else do they have to help them?
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 13th, 2006 at 10:11pm
I think if you spank your kid it's okay. Not hard enough to leave any marks, NOTHING like that. I agree, there are other ways to handle it. I don't think I will be using the spanking method on my children if that comes up. But people have a right to raise their children the way they want to. I think that our opinions are valued, but what it comes down to is how those parents want to raise their children.

As for child abuse, I think ANYONE who abuses a child of any age is scum. I won't go into detail.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 14th, 2006 at 11:57am
My cousins were abondoned as children by their mother. Their mother got remarried and went and had other children. While they were abused emotionally and physically. If u know someone who was abused to stop to help. Call a hotline.
If anyone wants to here's a #:
1809924567 this is the CARI help line.
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
December 20th, 2006 at 10:33pm
i really don't know what to say about child abuse. its a horrible thing to do to children, it may scar a child and make them afraid of you if you do it to much. i will say this only once a dear friend he goes through this and i don't accept it. i will not go over to his house because of his father. i understand the idea of discipline as in hitting the child's hand lightly there's no wrong in that, three year old brother is hyperactive and sometimes he goes a little over board and doesn't listen my mother taps his hand once and most likely he will listen. if you do worse such as beat the child using belts or shoving them into corners and throw punches into them, things such as this is wrong. i am anti-child abuse. i don't like the fact it exists, professions to do with this interest me and helping a child in need with this issue helps save a life in bad cases. if only we could get rid of it permantley.
KaylaDanielle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KaylaDanielle
December 20th, 2006 at 10:42pm
I think child abuse is wrong, and it will always be wrong.

But for my parents, they didn't see spanking as child abuse, they saw it as a disciplinary action. As I got older though, they haven't really spanked me that much...I usually get grounded. I was spanked when I was little though. But some people do think that spanking is wrong...I'm one of those people. Whenever I grow up and have children, I will try to reward them when they do good and make them go to their room or sit in a corner if they are bad.

Oh,. and as a previous person has said, there is a book out called A Child Called It. After a couple of my friends, my mom, and my brother read it, I decided to read it. It is VERY sad. What the mother does to her son in that book is terrible.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 1st, 2007 at 04:28pm
oneLife-2-Live:
im TOTALLY ANGANST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
case i was a vitim of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its totally stupid!!!!!
ur not only causin physical pain but u may be scaring some one for life!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right , you dont hit a child for your own problems.
candy clouds
Killjoy
candy clouds
January 3rd, 2007 at 12:00am
Its completely wrong!!There is absolutely no excuse for it and it shouldnt happen!
I would never do it to my children
poison_beauty
Killjoy
poison_beauty
January 4th, 2007 at 08:15am
Heya Strangers,
The Child Called It, is a seriously sad book, its about a boy who's life is horrible and his mom is soOoOo cruel. I recommend you read t if you wanna understand what its like for a child like Dave Pelzer and this book actually causes you to see and understand whats actually happening, i cryed alot through this book.
I really really recommend you read ' Dont Tell Mummy'. Ive just finished it, its really horrible and depressing story about a girl called Attonette/ Tony and her dad abuses her and you know how child services say tell someone, she did and was outcasted by everyone its sad i cant explain, you'll have to read it! xxxxx

Words Of a Follower of My Chemical Romance.....luvv the world and its people....sarahz xx-xx
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 7th, 2007 at 10:47pm
omg I read all of the dave pelzer books. His brother released book aswell. Sad books. And how much of a bitch was his first wife.

I think there is a difference between abuse and a smack. A tap on the hand for wrong doings won't hurt a kid. It's just terrible becuase so many parents go over board. Some people should never ever be allowed to have or be near children.

Next year when I go to uni I want to study social sciences and human services to be a child protection officer. Children are precious and deserve to be treated correctly. It's something close to my heart.
i'm_not_okay_07
Killjoy
i'm_not_okay_07
January 9th, 2007 at 04:22pm
I think abuse is absoulty wrong. Just think about it, anybody who abuses a child is making the lives of other people hell! I have heard that children who are abused sometimes grow up and abuse others because the pain they felt/feel is so overwhelming. Its sly and distugisting and I think people who are abused should taste their own medicine.
yep
Ghost in the Snow
yep
January 10th, 2007 at 02:16pm
Yes! Child abuse is VERY WRONG! All abuse is wrong!

After my parents split up and my mom got a new boyfriend she's only become more and more verbally against me (her boyfriend says stuff to). Every day I hear things I know I shouldn't from the both of them, and when I tell them, they don't care. But I'm moving out in about 6 months so I won't have to listen to all the crap anymore.
I don't know if it counts as abuse but I don't like it anyways.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
January 10th, 2007 at 02:33pm
Child abuse is wrong!

Phisically hurting someone is wrong, expecially when it is a child. An adult shouldn't hurt a child as so many adults do not know there own stregnth. Also, an adult would have a very large advantage over children as adults are a lot bigger and stronger than a child. If you hurt an adult for doing wrong, you'd go to jail & when thats the case, your more or less equally matched in strength.

Child abuse also encourages children to think that it is right to harm someone for making a wrong decision every now and again.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
January 10th, 2007 at 03:30pm
I am extremely against child abuse.
I, personally, would never hit my child or harm them in any way, even for disciplinary purposes. I can't see how smacking a child with anything at all would teach them right from wrong. My mother has never hit me for any reason, and I'm turning out fine. I don't think that discipline is an excuse for abuse.
Really though. I'm fine with discipline and everything, but "Oh, you peed your pants, now I'm going to smack you," is not reasonable. "Oh, you threw food on the ground," is not a very good reason to smack your child. They're still young, and they hardly know any better. You need to teach them the rules and enforce them in a way that will teach them to follow the rules. A "naughty corner" is a good way to do this. I'm not going to post every good way to enforce rules, but I think you get my point.
Plus, smacking them could lead to them being afraid of you. Your child shouldn't be afraid of you, but they should respect you. They should know that you are their parent, and they need to listen to you.

Just a little argument against those people that say you can hit your child to discipline them.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 22nd, 2007 at 11:40am
What about spanking , personallyI think that should be avoided. Hitting is hitting.
I think taking away privelages is better. I think spanking leads to abuse.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:26pm
I am very against any sort of abuse. It is wrong. You do not hit a child, loved one, friend, or anyone at all! If someone has issues they should take it up with someone who can help them control their anger and violent acts. Someone like a therapist or a punching bag perhaps...
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
January 22nd, 2007 at 11:05pm
No one will say they are PRO child abuse.
but what do you think IS child abuse and what can we do to prevent it?
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
January 23rd, 2007 at 01:57am

Why would you harm your own children is the question.

If you are a mum, you have those feelings for your child.
You would want wants best for them, and do anything to prevent pain, not cause it.

One of my best friends gets hit and abused by her mum and her many boyfriends.
If i ever get my hands on that women, i would make her black and blue.
scream lover..scream
Killjoy
scream lover..scream
January 23rd, 2007 at 08:48am
Children shouldn't be hit,smacked,or anything of the such.Warning the child,not in a discouraging manner would help the child's foundation.If you hit the child,but not in an abusive,repetitive manner,and if it isn't that hard,like a small pinch on the cheek(like the "you're so cute,aren't you?" thing which doesn't hurt,but is so extremely embarassing and annoying) would do,wit doesn't harm the child,but it teaches him/her not to do the wrong thing.plus,dont overdo it..the child WILL LEARN TO HURT i done many times.
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
January 23rd, 2007 at 05:08pm
as a mom of 6 and alo someone who ran away from home when i was 16 to escape the abuse my mother put me through(im talking MAJOR physical abuse) i was nervous about having children of my own.
but if anything its made me a better mother...yeah i disipline them but the thing is it doesnt work in certain situations and for al kids you know?
my 15 and 13 yr old are my best mates and i very rarely smack any of them,i dont need to...its all about respect,respect them and they respect you back! Smiley