Don't have an account? Create one!

Child Abuse

AuthorMessage
Midnight
Killjoy
Midnight
June 6th, 2006 at 06:31pm
i dont belive in abuse but sometimes you do have to whoop a child to get your point across otherwise they'll think they can do whatever an walk all over you and at the point its almost immpossible to get they to behave
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 6th, 2006 at 06:33pm
I believe in positive reassurance and rewards for good behaviour, rather than punishment for bad behaviour.
when jess was young.
Shotgun Sinner
when jess was young.
June 6th, 2006 at 06:36pm
One of the worst crimes one can commit
(thats just my opinion)
i was abused by my father a few months ago

If i every see someone in that posision, i would do anything and everything im my power to help them
LostAndFound_TheCrew
Jazz Hands
LostAndFound_TheCrew
June 12th, 2006 at 05:56am
Midnight:
i dont belive in abuse but sometimes you do have to whoop a child to get your point across otherwise they'll think they can do whatever an walk all over you and at the point its almost immpossible to get they to behave

No, you don't have whoop a child to get the child to understand your point. There is always other ways. You should rather praise when he/she is doing something good, and then talk with the child when it's doing something bad. No shouting and no hitting. That's what I think is the best way to raise a child.
monkeyinair
Bleeding on the Floor
monkeyinair
June 13th, 2006 at 07:53am
Asian families see whacking their child as nothing. Most probably because that's what they used to do in the past. but I have to say the situation is getting better for most kids.
xXstakethisblackheartXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXstakethisblackheartXx
June 16th, 2006 at 09:50pm
i remember me and my brother where watching lifetime in the middle of summer bored to hell and then my brother saw the dad in the movie start slapping his 4 year old daughter and then throw her in the basement and my brother freaked cause he used to be abused by my dad....yea not his.and he started saying "how could parents do that!"and we started this whole conversation about it and he ended up releiving the experience.....and he had to go back to therapy....it messes people up.and most of the time its not just when the scars dissapear.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 16th, 2006 at 10:08pm
I believe that abuse is wrong.
But if my parents hadn't wipped out the belt, or a switch when I did something wrong, I would have been a hellyan and a juvy. But my parents disaplined me before my mom started drugs again and my parents got divorced.

My family is fiercly disfunctional. I'm fine with that. I never talk about my feelings except frustration, with my sister, my parents aren't really concerned with what I do, but they gave me morals and inforced them with pain. that is good! IF you do something wrong, THEN you will be hurt. And to this day, there are things I won't do because of my childhood, even though my parents don't inforce crap anymore.

I'm not on drugs.
I'm not promiscuis.
I don't hurt things.
I have a relationship with God.

Yes, physical disapline in the hands of the RIGHT parents is a great way to inforce principles and morals.

Beating children is bad, plain and simple.

It's psycological.

But I think for a 14 year old from a dysfunctional family, spanking was the best thing that ever happened to me!
xXstakethisblackheartXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXstakethisblackheartXx
June 17th, 2006 at 12:59am
well theres a difference between a spanking and beating.for instance spanking is if you do something wrong like not cleaning your room for months or getting your first detention

beating is coming home 2 min. late or getting home to early...or just cause your mom or dad feels like beating the shit out of you.

spankings are good for you ill admit but theres a HUGE difference
enemy_bunny
Killjoy
enemy_bunny
June 18th, 2006 at 09:34am
I hate it wen parents abuse their kids like that, because I've got friends who have been through it and it's horrible. Some are frightened to go home.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
June 20th, 2006 at 07:45pm
Discipline is necessary but it shouldn't escalate into a beating.
frank_iero_rocks_my_world
Killjoy
frank_iero_rocks_my_world
August 1st, 2006 at 04:46am
id hate the thought of a close friend or someone being abused in that sort of way, ive been watching the news lately and there was this man who raped and abused a 3 year old girl he picked up off the street, the police didnt do anything about it, they just let the accused walk away and not be punished, i hate that. Young children have no power over their parents so they can't tell someone or go to the police because they'd be to scared. I recon they should stop the abusing on soap operahs even though they are acting, its still not nice to watch. Sad
TayTay**
Really Not Okay
TayTay**
August 31st, 2006 at 06:11pm
hOLDmEliKeUHeLDoN2liFe:
voodoo doll:
And if you want to read a book about a true story (about the author) then I recomend "A Child Called It".
I read that book. That poor man. CHILD ABUSERS HAVE GOT IT COMING TO THEM.

thats one of my favorite books..i was almost in tears..the second one i read a little bit of it, but stopped..im kinda scared to read it..but one of these days i will..child abuse is a very horrible thing. i am most deff. aginst it all the way.
Tabatha!
Bleeding on the Floor
Tabatha!
August 31st, 2006 at 06:26pm
Abusing children is just wrong.
As you've all said.
It screws up the kid.
When i did something wrong when i was younger my dad would hit me.
The only thing that helped me get through it was my mom who was always there for me.
She would stay with me at night and let me cry on her shoulder.

Parents who do that to kids should not be able to walk the steets freely.
They should be put in jail or get help for it.
Unholy Matrimony.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unholy Matrimony.
August 31st, 2006 at 10:46pm
child abuse is horrible! i hate people who abuse their children. it messes them up, and it makes the crime rate, and even MORE abuse go up!

i was watching this show, i think it was 2020? i dunno...

but there were these kids that got adopted by this family with a bunch of kids, and the step-parents would beat them, and the older, step-brothers and sisters(original kids made by the step-parents! ew) would lock them in crates with holes, and throw them in the pool. then, when they were 'THAT' close to passing out, or dying, they'd pull them out.

child abuse is a terrible thing, and i think they should execute people who DO abuse children. weak, defenseless, innocent children.
Dangerously Kelly.
Bleeding on the Floor
Dangerously Kelly.
August 31st, 2006 at 10:57pm
Crap like that eally pisses me off!! How...how could some one do that to anyone! And its not just hitting and stuff, words can mess people up to.

theres a little boy at my brothers school. you can tell hes been abused he always got bruiese and it breaks my heart. my mom wont let my little brother go play at his house because of it. The cops have been called there so many times by neighboors. including on of my friends mom. I wish we could do more, but if the cops cant do anything how can I?
MOTHER WAR!!!
Fabulous Killjoy
MOTHER WAR!!!
September 2nd, 2006 at 02:38am
child abuse is wrong, wrong, wrong!

my niece was sexualy abused as a baby, she's only 3 now but it so hard knowing it happened to her. it was the worst thing to ever hesr you mom say to
"you niece *amanda is living with us cause her father and his friend sexualy abused her" i wanted to die when i heard that but she doesn't act different.
i'm so thankful she better now and that she lives with us.

i think all sicko's like that should go to jail and be locked in a tiny cell with no lights, no warmth, and very little interaction with any people.
Unholy Matrimony.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unholy Matrimony.
September 2nd, 2006 at 01:12pm
i hate sickos that hurt children and abuse them and do other disgusting things to them! THEY CAN ROT IN HELL FOR ALL I CARE!
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
September 3rd, 2006 at 02:09am
It's just wrong.
If you don't want your kids, why did you have them in the first place.

Abusing them might not mean you don't want them,
but show me a child abuser that loves that same child as they beat brutaly.

''/
Cigarette Burns
Salute You in Your Grave
Cigarette Burns
October 22nd, 2006 at 09:25am
voodoo doll:
And if you want to read a book about a true story (about the author) then I recomend "A Child Called It".

I read that book when I was nine years old. It's an inspiration. You should read his other two books about it. One is called a Man Named Dave....I can't remember the other one.

They are about how he managed to overcome his mother and live an otherwise normal life.

But CHILD ABUSE is 100% wrong.

I remember my dad beating my older sister because she was doing drugs and drinking. I mean, yes, she needed some sense knocked into her, but being beat? That's just way over the line.

When I was seven my dad spanked the hell out of Diana, and I remember wanting to go and ring his neck. There was another incident two or three years later where he yanked her off of the top bunk. I wasn't about ready to let him hit her.

And my dad also threw my stepsister around the whole house. My older stepsister called the police and he was taken in for three or four days and my step sister was put on an oxygen tank for half an hour because she started hyperventilating.

So, if you plan on ever beating your child, DON'T. FUCKING. HAVE. ONE.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 27th, 2006 at 01:26pm
Yeah I really agree. Vioence is not the answer to everything, and ven if the kid is naughty, no one deserves that. People who beat their kids should have their kids taken off them. They obviously don't know how to treat children