Don't have an account? Create one!

Serial Killers.

AuthorMessage
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
June 10th, 2006 at 04:37pm
I think that they are pretty fascinating. And by fascinating I mean what goes in their head, their feelings, what made them commit the murders.
But then again, I hate how people go all ''OMGF. I LIKE TOTALLY LOVE THIS SERIAL KILLER.''
How can you possibly love someone who has killed people for no reason?

So.
What's your opinion about serial killers?
schizophrenic_cat
Salute You in Your Grave
schizophrenic_cat
June 10th, 2006 at 04:42pm
I think it's interesting to try to work out how serial killers tick ...
Yet I do think that the way in which our culture celebritizes them is wrong ...
These men/women/kids have killed people, why should they be able to earn money from being famous for killing people ... it just doesn't make sense ...
I suppose that you can't stop it ... but I do diagree with it ...
matt skiba!
Awake and Unafraid
matt skiba!
June 10th, 2006 at 04:43pm
I find it fascinating how people could be so sadistic. I dont know why.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 10th, 2006 at 04:45pm
I find it fascinating also. How can you not? how can it not interest you, what drives people to do these things?. There is a big difference between wanting to know what makes them tick and wanting to emulate them.

Who knows, we express ourselves through writing, painting, singing, maybe they express themselves through killing. To them, it can be an art.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
June 10th, 2006 at 05:31pm
I'd like to know what goes on inside their heads. What drives them to do those things? It's pretty interesting. But scary at the same time.
schizophrenic_cat
Salute You in Your Grave
schizophrenic_cat
June 11th, 2006 at 06:51am
Bloodraine:
To them, it can be an art.

that's an interesting .. yet scary thought ...
it makes sense though ...
seen as many serial killers speak proudly about their killings ... and kill very elabouratley (sp?)
It isn't like they go out and knock someone over the head anymore ... it's much more complicated and schemed than that ...
monkeyinair
Bleeding on the Floor
monkeyinair
June 11th, 2006 at 07:11am
we don't really know what's going on in their minds. that's what scares me the most. the unknown. eeps!
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 11th, 2006 at 08:37am
I don't understand what could be so fascinating about people so disturbed they can kill other people without feeling guilty. They are just sick, there's nothing interesting about it.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 11th, 2006 at 09:28am
gia:
I don't understand what could be so fascinating about people so disturbed they can kill other people without feeling guilty. They are just sick, there's nothing interesting about it.

Because it isn't normal.
Serial killers are deviating from what society views as normal.
It isn't 'normal' to kill, and kill again.
Why, then, do they do it?

Doesn't it interest you to see how they function? what makes them do these things?.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 11th, 2006 at 03:46pm
gia:

But that's what's so interesting; they're not 'normal'. And 'abnormal' people makes you question what's 'normal'.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 11th, 2006 at 03:54pm
Bloodraine:
Doesn't it interest you to see how they function? what makes them do these things?.

Not really. Come to think of it, it interests me as long as the information helps us stop them. These people get so much attention and so many think their mind is fascinating, yet pretty much no one is interested in the way people who do deserve our attention think. For example, the people who sacrifice their own interests to help the others, like the volunteers who help the poor or the ones who spend years in third world countries in order to do whatever they can to help the people living there. I think their mind is "fascinating" and I would like to find out how they function, how they can be so selfless.
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
June 11th, 2006 at 07:55pm
This is why I love the show "Criminal Minds". Profilers get inside the killer/rapist/kidnapper's head, and you really get insight on how their minds work, and how they became that way. It fascinates me, but terrifies me at the same time. Sometimes, my mind works the same way as some of the killers. Yipes.
Mary; Without Sound
Salute You in Your Grave
Mary; Without Sound
June 11th, 2006 at 08:04pm
I think they're sick people! they may be fascinating but they're still very sick people (I say sick as in mentally ill). It is very strange how they see things and how most commit dozens of murders with out getting caught until week, months and year late, sadly sometime NEVER. even though they make for an interesting topic for a TV show or a newspaper artic, I think people tend to forget just how sick they are and how much of a threat they can be to the people around them!
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 11th, 2006 at 11:03pm
Bloodraine:
I find it fascinating also. How can you not? how can it not interest you, what drives people to do these things?. There is a big difference between wanting to know what makes them tick and wanting to emulate them.

Who knows, we express ourselves through writing, painting, singing, maybe they express themselves through killing. To them, it can be an art.

Intreguing.
I like your way of seeing things.

Perhaps that's just it. Perhaps they see it as art...or perhaps they do it for the thrill. I saw a show once about a serial killer who would kill families at a time and stick mirrors in their eyes so they'd look alive and them he would rape them. X(
Sad.
Perhaps they just like to see things suffer on their account, just like Wargrave in And Then There Were None--by Agatha Cristie. (Brilliant book by the way.)

Or perhaps we'll never know.
mcr saved my life!
Killjoy
mcr saved my life!
June 12th, 2006 at 02:24am
yeah. killers (good name for a band...) anyhow, i think it is a bit intriguing on how thier thoughts work, and how they justify thier actions in thier heads. And the fact that they kill more than once - thats trippy!

i wonder if they suffer from guilt once they have killed someone. Taken a life with their bear hands, and spilled someone else's blood.

If they enjoy it, or if they feel that its something beyond their control, or if they even know if its wrong.

they must have really wierd brain patterns, that doesnt discriminate between right and wrong.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
June 12th, 2006 at 03:55am
I really, really, am interested in Jack The Ripper.
Just everything. Gosh. He's a total mentality.
For some reason, I like thinking that serial killers are serial killers because of the Butterfly Effect.
Just something that happened in their youth, it made them all crazy with a hunger to kill people.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 14th, 2006 at 12:46pm
serial killers are psychos. their perception of self and ego integrity literally break apart, due to traumatic situations experienced through childhood, obviously meaning that they are mentally incapable of controlling emotion. i would never want to know what goes through a serial killers mind, why would you?
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
June 21st, 2006 at 10:08am
What goes on in their minds is a wonder but they scare me. Shocked
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
June 21st, 2006 at 03:24pm
they are usually angry and rejected over their lives. the anger and pain builds up, and then you kill everyone and anyone you see because you want everyone to know your NOT okay. usually after a killing spree they shoot themselves as well.
emomonkey
Bleeding on the Floor
emomonkey
June 29th, 2006 at 10:21am
anna likes afi;:
I think that they are pretty fascinating. And by fascinating I mean what goes in their head, their feelings, what made them commit the murders.
But then again, I hate how people go all ''OMGF. I LIKE TOTALLY LOVE THIS SERIAL KILLER.''
How can you possibly love someone who has killed people for no reason?

So.
What's your opinion about serial killers?

i agree with you when you say they are fascinating. because i would like to know what goes on in the mind of a serial killer.honestly. What DID drive them to kill and do the things they did.

some people and experts say that it sometimes starts at a young age with killing small animals.

but to me it's mostly an emotional and pshycological thing