Don't have an account? Create one!

Fate, or free will? Which controls us?

AuthorMessage
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:10pm
no effense but i dont believe in fate. i believe in whats logic. im catholic but truly i know inside i dont believe in god or jesus. i think that whatever happens, happens because of an action not because of a miracle.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:13pm
DegenerateHippie:
Simple and Clean:
i believe that your life is already mapped out by the spirits of the universe, but, for each problem that arises, we are given a choice, and weather we make the correct or incorrect choice is entirely up to us.

thats an interesting way to think of it.

i like it.

but i would like to think that we are given another chance.
because if fate is real then its gotta happen.
so we have to be given another chance.
at least i hope so.
HannahCassidy
Killjoy
HannahCassidy
May 23rd, 2007 at 07:38am
fate. we're all gonna die and we can't stop it.iRuleGoddamnIt!
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 23rd, 2007 at 09:14am

im all for free will.
fate dosnt seem to beleivable
the idea that life is plotted out
and every ouch that you ever feel
is for a reason NO.

we hurt because we choose to hurt
we feel good because we choose to feel good
we love when it happens
so therefore it cant always bee a script

and what bout those peope who are total sponges
on the dole
dont work
and just drift through life?
whats the grand plan for them?
is that it

i dont think fate is real

alexander
Killjoy
alexander
May 23rd, 2007 at 10:36am
hhhmmmm...both? Cool
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 23rd, 2007 at 04:38pm
i dont believe in god and am not religious, i think free will controls us. i think everything that happens to us is a result of OUR own actions.
SoManyVerbsAndNouns
Killjoy
SoManyVerbsAndNouns
May 28th, 2007 at 03:42pm
I read an article by some philosopher (can't remember the name now), in which he argued that there is no such thing as free will...

He posed the idea that individuals do not have free will because every action we persue and decision we make is made as a result of desires that we have no control over.

So, you eat the sandwich because you're hungry, which you have no control over. Even if you intentional defy certain desires (by not eating even though you are hungry), you are still following other desires (the desire to prove to yourself that you have free will).

The author made some other points, but I can't remember them. I just found this one intriguing. What does everyone else think?
KaylaDanielle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KaylaDanielle
May 28th, 2007 at 08:41pm
I think fate exists. I mean, if everyone controlled every part of their life, does that mean that people want to get raped, murdered, or anything like that? Why would anyone want that to happen to them?
Pandora's Box
Motor Baby
Pandora's Box
May 29th, 2007 at 03:14pm
DEFINATLY FREE WILL!
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
May 31st, 2007 at 11:36am
Fate occurs because fo free will...
Jayus.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jayus.
May 31st, 2007 at 06:38pm
lol it would be funny if someone thought of a new word like fate will... yhhhh thats what its now its not fate or free will its fate will.. muhahaha
sorry im crazy...
i think theres a finish point and free will gets you there like how your gonna die
maybe if you chose to take the right education to become a pilot and then died as a pilot you were meant to end like that but it was your free will that you were a pilot of that plane not .. a passenger or a hostess or a hijacker...
bye sorry about my spelling mistakes im messed up lol.....
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
May 31st, 2007 at 06:42pm
I think we have a fate, but we also have a choice in whether or not we choose to pursue it. Certain things might push us towards our fate, but if we ignore those things then we'll never meet our fate. And we'll miss out on something. Because this is such a confusing theory, I mostly ignore it and go with what I think is most morally and socially right. I figure doing the wrong thing wouldn't lead you to your fate, cuz God wouldn't want anyone to sin.
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
June 1st, 2007 at 11:10am
i belive that it's us who make our own fate.

we have the free will to choose from the right path and the wrong path, and the path we choose makes our fate.
i love mikey!
Killjoy
i love mikey!
June 1st, 2007 at 02:24pm
i personally believe that it is fate that controls us. no matter how hard we try we will never be able to find out what one it really is
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
June 8th, 2007 at 10:53pm
i personally believe its all fate.
i think that me changing school and discovering i could sing through my new friends and the play is fate.
i didnt make the vollyball team and i was asking God why, then i saw a poster for our school musical. to me thats fate.
i also believe that everything happens for a reason.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
June 11th, 2007 at 07:52am
your will + other people's will = fate

It's not only your "will" that controls you, it depends on other's will and actions too.
Bert McCookies
Fabulous Killjoy
Bert McCookies
June 12th, 2007 at 04:32pm
i think its all free will.
even things like geting hit by a drunk driver. its the free will of the driver to drive while hes drunk. therefore his free will made a decsion for the other person. to die.
i think fate is a way to point fingers at everything else except yourself for how your descions screwed up your life.
im probally wrong and making no sence so. sorry.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
June 12th, 2009 at 05:32pm
fate is the predetermined outcomes based on society and lifes rules and who we are. we have the free will to choose a future that fate has given us out of a number of options.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
June 12th, 2009 at 07:26pm
I believe in fate to a certain extent, such as being lucky and being in the right place at the right time. (or the wrong place at the wrong time) I think our choices determine our fate. I don't think we all have some inescapable destiny that can't be changed no matter what. Although sometimes no matter what you do you can't stop something from happening, and in a way we do all share one destiny, no matter what you do we'll all end up the same way in the end; dead.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
June 12th, 2009 at 08:04pm
i'd like to believe in fate
but it goes against everything i believe in
nothing happens for a reason
the choices you make decide everything else that happens
nothing's set out for you in advance
i used that excuse once when i got in trouble at school
i said 'god had it planned for me, there was nothing i could do'
but that was bullshit, and i knew it then