Kid__
November 28th, 2006 at 01:01pm
Sorry double post. Embarassed
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
November 29th, 2006 at 06:48pm
ya
people dont cut to "get attention" some people need to realize that whats going on in other peoples minds can be so much diffrent then whats going on outside of their minds. i know that if my parents ever found out id be commited and drugged
i dont want that
i want to LIVE my life
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
November 29th, 2006 at 06:54pm
^^ I have been committed &drugged
but man...it's weird
what's so wrong about it?
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
November 29th, 2006 at 06:54pm
i dont want to live my life behind closed doors
locked up
i dont want to my commited.
they cant take me away
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
November 29th, 2006 at 06:55pm
no that's not what i ment
i mean what's so wrong about cutting?
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
November 29th, 2006 at 07:20pm
ohhohoh
pah sorry
welp..
to some people.. i guess its wrong but its an outlet for pain for the ppl that do..
it

helps
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
November 29th, 2006 at 08:11pm
MyOwnImmortality:
my_chem_is_love:
People cut to look cool.

Narrow-minded, much?

I agree.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
November 29th, 2006 at 08:18pm
Baby Jesus is:

School tests... and im guessing she was around your age 12?
Yeah... Not much pressure at that age...

Um..sorry for spam, but I have to completly disagree with that. My friend is 12 and she's in 8th grade..it's not so easy ya know. I mean, you're right, tests aren't that difficult in 7th-8th grade, but it can still cause stress.
WriteThisDown
Fabulous Killjoy
WriteThisDown
November 29th, 2006 at 08:35pm
The more i think about it i think that people do it because they feel such self hatred to themselves at times, that when they look at the scars it confirms to themselves that they have a problem, and that theres something wrong with them. They dont feel confusion anymore. And then theres an addiction to it, when you dont feel like your good enough, you cause yourself pain.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 29th, 2006 at 08:37pm
Alright, I went through the last 5 pages of this thread and had to actually tally the number of spam posts.

My total? 35.

This thread is not for whining, for self pity, or for spam. This is one of the MOST serious threads in the DB, and it is being treated as trash. I'm sick of it.

I'm pulling this thread back on track once more. If it dissolves into spam again, I'll report it. As this is the
third or fourth attempt at a Suicide/Self harm thread, I won't make another.

Last chance.
----------------------

What can drive a person to self harm?

Can self harm be "harmless", or is it always something dangerous and wrong?

Is suicide ever an acceptable option? Why or why not, and terms.

Does self-harm effect more than the person who is engaging in it? How?

Suicide is selfish. Discuss and analyze this statement.

What is the link between suicide and self harm?

Are outside influnces to blame for the idea that self harm or suicide is a plausible answer to a person's problems?

Let's actually discuss, ne?
awake-and-unafraid
Killjoy
awake-and-unafraid
November 29th, 2006 at 11:16pm
i cut myself and i dont want to prevent it i dont care if it affects anyone and no one can help me people should stop pretending they no all the answers wen they dont even no wats happening in the persons life
awake-and-unafraid
Killjoy
awake-and-unafraid
November 29th, 2006 at 11:16pm
i cut myself and i dont want to prevent it i dont care if it affects anyone and no one can help me people should stop pretending they no all the answers wen they dont even no wats happening in the persons life
awake-and-unafraid
Killjoy
awake-and-unafraid
November 29th, 2006 at 11:32pm
just saw the last thing wat made me cut myself is it makes you happpyer to relieve the tension and any way its not lik any one cares about me so it doesnt mata
who nos if it is dangerous i hope it is then i can die frm it
suicide is acceptable i think , ive tried to kill myself twice
it doesnt affect any one ele but me coz no one would care if they new and it affects e in a good way it is one of the rare times wen i am happy
suicide isnt selfish the people who make you want to die are selfish for making ya life hell and personly its a good thing coz if ya did kil ya self they could possibly even like you
cutin is wen you are feeling really really bad suicide is kinda the same but you feel worse for longer mabe 10 min mabe days but you cant take the feeling of hate saddness and being so confused at once, even once wen i was so happy coz i was listening to mcrs music i got angry that someone (gerard) could help so many people but still hate them selves so i got all confused and cut my self
wat does it mean outside problems is that like otha people or somthin well if it is then of coure it is do ya think people would just hate theirselves for the sake of it i hate me coz god does and everyone else including my family
lets discuss, ne? wat the hell does that mean is it goin on about problems the problem is certain people wont mind theyre buisiness and lov everyone for who they are not hate them coz they are not like them
don't let me drown
Bleeding on the Floor
don't let me drown
November 30th, 2006 at 09:00am
People who do not cut themselves and never had, have no right to say that people that do are weird or need help. They do not need to be saved or anything, thats just their way of showing that their hurting inside. They can not just be told to stop by someone they have to want to stop themselves. Cutting is better than killing yourself or taking drugs which other people who do not get called freaks do. By taking away someones right to cut, you my be taking away their line line and with out it they might kill themselves.
A Friendly Reminder
Jazz Hands
A Friendly Reminder
November 30th, 2006 at 09:58am
i used to. but i don't like to talk about it. but i think its wrong that you do it. but i don't like to lecture anyone. i think it is wrong though but its a good lesson to learn.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 1st, 2006 at 03:18pm
xDrowningxInxMySleep:
...It makes me depressed to see how 'Some' today...are passing suicide around like a Influence, like a trend. I think suicide...Is just pure selfishness...and a cry out for attention It just depresses me to see that.

it really depends on the person's situation. I used to be suicidal and cut, and I didn't think it was selfish at all at the time. it was my escape route. I decided that if anything worse happened, or if things didn't get better, I was going to kill myself. and things got better. it wasn't for attention. I didn't tell anyone about it. no one knew that I cut, let alone was suicidal. it was just that I was so depressed that I didn't want to continue the same depressing routine. I can see how people find it selfish, but I think that the best thing that you can do for someone in that kind of a situation is make it clear that there are people who care about them, and be agressive about it if you need to. because in my case, I was conviced that no one cared, and that's what made it so bad. once someone cared, things got better.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 1st, 2006 at 03:22pm
Zombie Autopilot.:
Self-harm is extremely addictive and relieving, well for me anyways. And saying the majority of cutters do it for attention is so ignorant. People don't hide their scars, and are ashamed of what they've done if they want attention.

The thing I find the most irritating is people who will go up to a self-harmer after seeing their scars, and begin asking questions. "Why do you cut." "What happened to your arm, hm?" It's just fucking rude, and annoying.

I absolutely agree. I was terrified to let a single person know that I cut, because people in my school would be brutally mean to cutters, getting up in their face and making fun of them because they did that. now I ask, HOW does that help the situation? not at all. they get more ashamed of being who/how they are, and cut more. it's not always for attention. the ones who hide it aren't doing it for attention. the ones who cut and wear t shirts and have their cuts out in the open with no effort to cover it, those are the ones doing it for attention.
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
December 1st, 2006 at 03:24pm
I have had the same as above and i agree^
I can see how people find it selfish, and for attention.
But i think for most it is just a release for there feelings.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 03:27pm
well there should be enough support groups, at least where i live because our whole school has its only little program and counselors. they handed out packets about 3 weeks ago with phone numbers on the back to all these different programs for different problems.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 03:29pm
stud_muffin23:
Zombie Autopilot.:
Self-harm is extremely addictive and relieving, well for me anyways. And saying the majority of cutters do it for attention is so ignorant. People don't hide their scars, and are ashamed of what they've done if they want attention.

The thing I find the most irritating is people who will go up to a self-harmer after seeing their scars, and begin asking questions. "Why do you cut." "What happened to your arm, hm?" It's just fucking rude, and annoying.

I absolutely agree. I was terrified to let a single person know that I cut, because people in my school would be brutally mean to cutters, getting up in their face and making fun of them because they did that. now I ask, HOW does that help the situation? not at all. they get more ashamed of being who/how they are, and cut more. it's not always for attention. the ones who hide it aren't doing it for attention. the ones who cut and wear t shirts and have their cuts out in the open with no effort to cover it, those are the ones doing it for attention.

yes i agree too because theres some annoying people that dont even understand at all and know wat "cutting" looks like. theres a whole bunch of kids at my school who yell "ooooo! she cuts herself!" when the person deosnt even cut herself! it gets on my nerves