D.E.A.D.!!
November 22nd, 2006 at 06:22pm
cutting is so useless

PAGE CLAIM!!!!!
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 22nd, 2006 at 10:28pm
[quote="linni; xoxo]But the thing is, I know how you must feel. In a way, I am sort of stuck with someone I truly hate right now (not myself.. someone else) but I learn to accept the fact that we simply can't let this take over our lives. I just stay away from the person and live my own life.

And if you truly hate yourself.. why? Can't you let go of your regrets and find purpose in your life? Be optimistic, look on the brightside of things. Wake up with a smile. Small things like that should make wonders when changing one's attitude. Very Happy[/quote]

In a perfect world this would be ideal, but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and not everybody can deal with life like that. Antidepressants are perscribed for a reason and it's because the person's brain chemistry has been put out of kilter and they need help putting it back - anti depressants dont fix the problem but they help people see the way out, and some times they dont work at all. Some people don't have the capability to forgive and forget. I know i don't . there are things that i hate myself for, i don't cut but that's just because that is not my way of dealing. Everyone is different and deals with depression in their own way.

I think that Self harm is their way of helping themselves adjust to their pain and trying to make themselves better, not everyone can look on the bright side and make their problems go away. It would be an amazing world if we could but some people just aren't made that way.
Darkened Angel
Salute You in Your Grave
Darkened Angel
November 23rd, 2006 at 01:00am
I agree that a lot of self-harm/suicide going on today is more than likely because of pressure from society.

I recently learned that one of my best friends is on anti-depressants, yeah, I'd known that she was depressed, she told me herself. But before, when she showed me the many cuts she'd made on her arm with a broken razor, I didn't know what to do, what to think, I THOUGHT it was the first time she'd done it, her mother told me differently.

Why'd she do it? Because kids at school were calling her a witch, along with other mean things. I'd laughed when she'd told me the kids on her bus thought she was 'casting spells' on them, I'm not laughing now. It scares the shit out of me and I blame society for it. Not all of society, a majority of it. If people didn't judge one another we probably wouldn't have this problem.

Really, I fear the day when she'll do something worse, if she'll do something worse. Her mom, all of her friends including myself, are trying to help her through it, so far it's not going too good. I miss the old Krysta, and sadly, I don't think she'll ever be coming back.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 23rd, 2006 at 01:35am
D.E.A.D.!!:
cutting is so useless

PAGE CLAIM!!!!!

Put a much more valid theory on why you believe cutting is useless.

Page claims are against the rules and are not allowed. Read the rules. Read before you post.
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
November 23rd, 2006 at 12:48pm
I dont think people have the guts to tell parents there self-harming, because there parents would think there playing up for attention, i know mine would!
xxLockxx
Jazz Hands
xxLockxx
November 23rd, 2006 at 02:25pm
i agree with you, TakeALook_ImBroken
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 23rd, 2006 at 03:00pm
^ Or maybe it's because they think their parents don't take their problems seriously enough?

Honestly, all this "people self-harm for attention" talk makes self-harmers worse off because they feel as though their friends and family are against them.

It is a mental illness, unbalance or just being unable to cope with things that make you self harm. And you have to establish the root of the problem in order to heal the wounds.
Cutting won't help you, it will not make the problems go away and it will not erase what has already been said or done.
Getting real help will. Talking to your parents, your friends, a therapist, a family member that you trust, just someone you can trust, gets everything out in the open.
It helps everyone around you understand why you cut or hurt yourself.
It helps people to understand what is making you feel upset or depressed.
It helps you to find other ways to deal with your problems.
These things take time to get over, but it can be done with the right help.
D.E.A.D.!!
Fabulous Killjoy
D.E.A.D.!!
November 23rd, 2006 at 10:45pm
people either choose to be happy or choose not to be. its a dicision you have make on your own.so people who choose to self harm ,in my opinion ,is makin' the wrong decision.

nothing in life goes sooo wrong that you have to start to hurt yourself.

life isnt perfect and you just have to except that and live the rest of your life.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
November 23rd, 2006 at 11:29pm
^Yes, it is indeed a choice somebody makes, but there are obviously reasons people self-harm.

Every person if effected by a problem differently.
Something like failing a test, for example, may be nothing to one person, but to somebody else that could be the end of the world..
Maybe that person was just hit with one let down after another, and they cant get out of dispair.
There are many factors that play into how bad something is to cause somebody to self-harm, its quite niave to believe nothing is bad enough to self-harm.
Marc Webb.
Salute You in Your Grave
Marc Webb.
November 24th, 2006 at 07:35am
Christina for a 20:
^Yes, it is indeed a choice somebody makes, but there are obviously reasons people self-harm.

Every person if effected by a problem differently.
Something like failing a test, for example, may be nothing to one person, but to somebody else that could be the end of the world..
Maybe that person was just hit with one let down after another, and they cant get out of dispair.
There are many factors that play into how bad something is to cause somebody to self-harm, its quite niave to believe nothing is bad enough to self-harm.

I think that you get the people who just do it for the attention for the trend of self harm.

Then there's the sort of people who don't want to die they just think they deserve that pain, for doing things wrong (like the person above me said) that may seem like nothing to someone else or they have very little self confidence in themselves.
Or someone who just generally want to die and believes that this the way out.

I guess no-one can really get over it alone. Even though you may want to keep it to yourself, it's better to tell someone; even if your scared. They can really help.
And someone before said that some people try to distract themsleves from it by writing or drawing- which i think helps

Anyway i dont really know I guess if someone wants to stop they do need help.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
November 24th, 2006 at 02:55pm
I think that the reason suicide percentage has gone up is because of all the corruption. Families breaking up, people getting shot, death rates, the fact that most kids parents are screwed up in the head, all that. If people would just clean up their acts, things'll get better. I know what it's like to be suicidal, all I needed was friends. That's all suicidal people need, true friends. People to care about them. People that aren't going to edge them on to 'see what they'll do'.
Rainy.
Awake and Unafraid
Rainy.
November 24th, 2006 at 11:49pm
I think the fact that so many people are quick to judge people who self harm or think about suicide is a huge influence, some people just can't understand what another person may be going through. It is easy to say that nothing is worth killing yourself over, but you never know what the person sitting right next is going through or how long they've felt that way.
xxLockxx
Jazz Hands
xxLockxx
November 25th, 2006 at 03:02pm
If some one said Jenna Wilson cuts her wrists people automaticly think shes an emo goth who whines and is a bad influence and more likely to steal or mug people. I see why people hid it. I don't kow anyone called Jenna Wilson by the way so dont think someone called Jenna Wilson does suicide
BLAH-ROAR.
Killjoy
BLAH-ROAR.
November 25th, 2006 at 04:18pm
Self-harm is a very open and more talked about topic nowadays, isn't it?
I have a few friends, who have done this. I have done it myself.
I can understand how people would want to hide it. I was terrified that, people would reject me, for who I truly was.
Especially my father, who expected the happy daughter I pretended to be.
I am, just going to say to anyone, and everyone about getting help.
It does work. And cutting, is not the way to deal with it.
My friends, have helped me through it.
It's a hard topic to bring up with people. Because so many people are indeed against it. And you never really do know what to expect for their reactions.
I don't expect sympathy, nor do I want rude comments, saying how fucked-up I must be.
Taking a razor to your skin, hurts. But it proves that the pain your experiencing, is your own pain. And you've cause it. No one has done it for you.
It's a mistake, and you have to learn to vent your anger, definatly in a more healthy action. But, for those who don't like cutting. And tease and bother others about it, don't. It will only push those people farther than they've already gone. The best thing you could do, is try and help them. Talk to them. Listen to them. If they will talk, and are willing to open up, you should be willing to pay attention.

Also. I think cutting, and self-harm is more popular now, than it was 10-20 years ago. Because, 10-20 years ago, there weren't certain 'styles' that you had to attend to, to fit in. 10-20 years ago, You didn't have to try so hard. And when you don't meet others expectations, you have no idea what else to do. School work is getting more confusing. Because they are taking our knowledge to a level it isn't use to. School work, and getting good grades, are definatly more important than it was awhile ago. Because now, you need a Grade 12 education to work basically anywhere. And you need a good job. Because things are just getting more and more expensive. That, I believe, is the stress that leads to self-harm.
But that's just my opinion.
xbangxbangx
Jazz Hands
xbangxbangx
November 26th, 2006 at 08:46pm
People cut to look cool. Personally, I see no point in it. If your suicidal, get help, not try and fix it your self. Suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 26th, 2006 at 10:06pm
D.E.A.D.!!:
nothing in life goes sooo wrong that you have to start to hurt yourself.

for some people yes there is, imagine if you were completely rejected by everyone, your friends,boyf\girlf, family, school/work mates, teachers etc etc that would feel pretty damn awful and you would probably be in a very bad state. Perhaps for you it isnt enough to cut and i applaud you for having such strength of will, but for me having been here it was enough to do it.

everyone copes with everything differently and i hope that you have never had an experience bad enough to warrant depressive thoughts but some people do, actually a lot of people do and there are things in life that are that bad that people need escape from and some choose this path.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 27th, 2006 at 01:01am
my_chem_is_love:
People cut to look cool.

Narrow-minded, much?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
November 27th, 2006 at 02:44am
The thing is that when people are suicidal they find it hard to reach out, and thats whats really hard. They think that no-one understands them and that they are different to an extreme extent.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 27th, 2006 at 04:23pm
Suicide is all in the way you think. No one can ever fully comprehend what another person is thinking, and therein lies the problem.

Everyone has a breaking point. Everyone has a weakness, that when exploited, makes them unendingly weak, to the point where you believe you are alone. If you and only you can see the thoughts that dance across your eyelids at night, or when no one is looking, how can anyone else ever understand your situation or problems?

Suicide is also never an overnight decision. It's not like you get up one day, and think "Oh hey, maybe today would be a good day to redecorate in grey matter gray". It is a build up, the filling of the dam to the breaking point. Some people spend days, weeks, monthes or years getting to the point where suicide seems a viable option.

As long as every person is unique, there will be suicides and suicidal tendancies. The only thing that can curb the rising rates is mankind getting reaquainted with their sense of empathy, and being educated on the outward signals and symptoms of a suicidal mind.

If you can nip the thoughts in the bud, or appeal to the person's logic, emotions, or love of someone or something, you can often make them realize that it just isn't worth it.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 28th, 2006 at 01:01pm
bloodredruby69:
Suicide is also never an overnight decision. It's not like you get up one day, and think "Oh hey, maybe today would be a good day to redecorate in grey matter gray". It is a build up, the filling of the dam to the breaking point. Some people spend days, weeks, monthes or years getting to the point where suicide seems a viable option.
*nods in agreement*
Self-harm usually occurs after a long period of time where a person feels rejected or let down, not because of one isolated incident.
Suicide is the next thing people will try, but again, it takes a very long time to get to that point. Most of the time it takes months or years for a person to reach the point where they feel they can't carry on.
Suicide will always be a permanent solution to a temporary problem, though. And the only way to find a better solution is to open up and tell people how you are feeling.
The reason many people don't tell others how they feel or that they cut is because there are so many people out there who think nothing in life could make you feel that bad or that you only hurt yourself for the attention - you don't know everything that has ever happened in their life, and you certainly don't know how that could affect them, so don't judge them.