Don't have an account? Create one!

Suicide and Self harm

AuthorMessage
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 19th, 2006 at 09:36pm
I think it is possible to die accidently from cutting yourself too deep.
I do realise it does take quite alot, but I'm sure that after years of cutting & getting no help about it, that you could cut yourself too deep, sever a tendon or an artery & at least be very seriously injured if not bleed to death - especially if they don't get taken to a hospital straight away.
Linni
Jazz Hands
Linni
November 19th, 2006 at 09:36pm
dream brother:
^only problem is if you start to take it to far and in trying to escape accidentaly cut to deep or take to large an OD or whatever and end up dead when you never meant to do that

Isn't this it?
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 19th, 2006 at 09:40pm
linni; xoxo:
dream brother:
^only problem is if you start to take it to far and in trying to escape accidentaly cut to deep or take to large an OD or whatever and end up dead when you never meant to do that

Isn't this it?

She has pointed out a pretty good point.
You did say so yourself that you COULD cut too deep and die - but now you're taking it back...
D.E.A.D.!!
Fabulous Killjoy
D.E.A.D.!!
November 19th, 2006 at 10:05pm
yeah see u did say how to.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
November 19th, 2006 at 10:16pm
Would you guys please stop spamming this thread.
Okay, somebody pointed out that he has stated before somewhere in this thread that self-harm can cause death, no need to continue complaining about his post.

---
Though self-harmers do need help, I dont think they are going to get any unless they want it.
Its easy to lie and fool a phsycaitrist [or however it's spelled], and its not as if they can completely tell if the patient is telling the truth.
Im not sure how or if we can help the people that dont want help.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 19th, 2006 at 10:43pm
ok i changed my mind i think its difficult to kil yourself by accident now that i think about it
makemearedcape
Killjoy
makemearedcape
November 20th, 2006 at 12:10am
I don't think it's difficult at all...I have a friend who's a masochist and one day she cut herself and lost all consciousness. Luckily, she was on the phone to someone who realised she had just blanked out and he called an ambulence for her. So in the end, she didn't bleed to death, but if someone hadn't been there, she most definitely could of.

And apart from the physical act of cutting, you could get septicemia and if that goes untreated, you could die. Or what if you are a haemophiliac and you cut. I think everyone's environment and situations dictates the effects cutting will have.

<3makemearedcape
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 20th, 2006 at 12:37am
Haemophilliacs are always aware of their condition, so they would be much more likely to be very careful and very controlled when inflicting harm upon themselves.

Dying is easy, when ignorance is something that sits with your razorblade.

Dying is hard, when knowledge is mixed in with the pills.

What I am trying to say is that often, it is easier to kill yourself if you don't know what you are doing or do not mean to. You are thinking that it will heal and you'll go to school tomorrow, see your friends, tell your parents you love them. Instead, you end up in a pretty wooden box, guest of honor at your own soiree. When people try to kill themselves, they know that they may not come back, so hesitation and fear often stop them, or make them slip up just enough to live and show the scars.
makemearedcape
Killjoy
makemearedcape
November 20th, 2006 at 12:51am
That's very true. If you don't know what's going to happen, you have no control so you don't know what 'too far' is.

<3makemearedcape
don't let me drown
Bleeding on the Floor
don't let me drown
November 20th, 2006 at 06:35am
Yeah people who try and kill themseves often think that they will be better of dead. But thats just because no one knows what happens to you. So they think that it has to be better than living. But when you die there could be just nothing. You just die and thats it. So the people that kill themselves because they think dying must be better than life, could be wrong and then it will be to late to take it back.
Linni
Jazz Hands
Linni
November 21st, 2006 at 09:50pm
In the end, I just believe that if you truly love yourself, you wouldn't cause so much harm to your body; and if you truly don't love yourself, then I really don't see why you're still here to complain about your "sorrows."
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 21st, 2006 at 09:56pm
There are people that love themselves, that harm themselves all the same.

And often, those who hate themselves don't bother cutting or trying to kill themselves; they just sit and stagnate in their own hate and put on a smile to hide it.
Linni
Jazz Hands
Linni
November 21st, 2006 at 10:02pm
Either way, I believe that life is meant to have problems (someone said that earlier in this topic.. don't know who) and we, as humans, should get through it by ourselves (if we have to), without hurting ourselves. Because in the end, you may think that people understand, but all you have is yourself.. so why hurt the one person you'll always have?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 21st, 2006 at 10:12pm
If it helps you and doesn't harm anyone else, why not?
Linni
Jazz Hands
Linni
November 21st, 2006 at 10:14pm
Go ahead and hurt the one person you have then, fine by me.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:28am
thats the problem linni

your stuck withyourself
if you hate yourself you can never get away from your own head
how woud you like to be stuck with somebody you dont like forever and absolutely loath yourself

when you truly hate yourself then you can see why you might want to escape yourself
Linni
Jazz Hands
Linni
November 22nd, 2006 at 07:39am
dream brother:
thats the problem linni

your stuck withyourself
if you hate yourself you can never get away from your own head
how woud you like to be stuck with somebody you dont like forever and absolutely loath yourself

when you truly hate yourself then you can see why you might want to escape yourself

But the thing is, I know how you must feel. In a way, I am sort of stuck with someone I truly hate right now (not myself.. someone else) but I learn to accept the fact that we simply can't let this take over our lives. I just stay away from the person and live my own life.

And if you truly hate yourself.. why? Can't you let go of your regrets and find purpose in your life? Be optimistic, look on the brightside of things. Wake up with a smile. Small things like that should make wonders when changing one's attitude. Very Happy
DarkAngelus
Joining The Black Parade
DarkAngelus
November 22nd, 2006 at 01:45pm
Why is suicide considered so bad? I agree that the dying part can't be fun, but if that person is suffering why would you want them to live for ages suffering? No one knows what it's like to be dead - it could be some kind of paradise, it could just be nothing which would be a way out of the pain, it could be Hell or whatever. No one knows so people that commit suicide shouldn't be judged.
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:29pm
I totally agree, i mean for all we know it could be the ultimate paradise, or your worst nightmares idea of hell. You just dont know, so dont judge people who kill themselves, i know someone who did and he was a great guy, so dont judge people who kill them selves, or self harm, you dont know what there going through!!!
xxLockxx
Jazz Hands
xxLockxx
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:39pm
I see why people cut. The stressed out feeling does go away but some people kill themselves. I know that theres no point living if you want to die but theres also some people who cut just for way to get rid of the stressed out feeling and some of those people cut too deep and die and really dont want to die. At my school we have conclers that help kids under preassure but they are not good, they make you want to do it more. I think people need more help that can relevate and be close around the age. I hate people who cut for a fashion statement. Its not and I hate poeple accusing people for cutting for fashion when really you have a good enough fucking reason.