Big_Pants
November 24th, 2008 at 02:49pm
Q&A with Gerard on aint it cool
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39217
victoriaelaine.
Motor Baby
victoriaelaine.
November 25th, 2008 at 12:05pm
my friends went to secret headquarters but by the time they got there gee had already left...epic fail.
Craig Owens
Bleeding on the Floor
Craig Owens
November 26th, 2008 at 04:27pm
The issue is so good! : D I like how the characters have changed since Vanya's escapade. Very unexpected.
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
November 26th, 2008 at 07:10pm
Craig Owens:
The issue is so good! : D I like how the characters have changed since Vanya's escapade. Very unexpected.
Yes, I concur Very Happy

I can't wait for the next issue, evil cliff hanger >.< (even though the end rocked)
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
November 27th, 2008 at 08:44am
...why? what happened?! i want spoilers!

i swear i will open the first comic store here in africa just so i won't have to order it online and wait a month or 2
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 27th, 2008 at 11:12am
While I agree that the issue was well done, I wasn't too fond of the big shootout. It seems like a waste of space. Like, they were told they had to do a 32-page story, but due to the pacing of the story they had to come up with something for filler to keep the story on track while fulfilling the request for a longer book. It just doesn't seem to fit the writing and storytelling style that's been set by the previous issues.
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
November 27th, 2008 at 11:36am
^^
Do you mean at the end?
I think they did that because they didn't want to just cut to a new scene like before, they wanted to show you how he obliterated all of those guys and what actually happened.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 27th, 2008 at 11:49am
^^ Yes, I was talking about the last 6 pages of Dallas #1. But that's exactly what I'm saying -- the next scene in the book might take, say, 8 pages, but they only had 6 to work with. So rather than only put 6 pages of the 8 in the end of #1 and cut it in the middle and have it not make sense, they filled it with this random shoot-out so that issue #2 will open with the full 8 page scene.
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
November 27th, 2008 at 07:00pm
Oh ok, I see what you mean
John Lennon
Killjoy
John Lennon
November 30th, 2008 at 01:44am
Spaceboy let himself go since we've last seen him. Also, Rumor is pissed. :0

And...

We're already dead. :=0
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 4th, 2008 at 10:11am
I FINALLY got my copy (ILY Tabs!) and I LOVED it! I didn't think it was possible, but Gerard has outdone himself yet again - Suite #2 promises to blow away Suite #1! Of course, I ADORE Number 5, so anything that centers around him is going to interest me. By the way, when did Seance get HOT? I loved the exchange between Rumour and her Mom, and I couldn't help but laugh at "We're going after ANOTHER momument?" "Concur you into oblivion" and "We used to get ice cream!" The tiger stripe rant from Number 5 had me on the edge of my seat, and I cracked up when he said he's a gazelle. Gerard, I'm in the palm of your hand AGAIN!
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
December 4th, 2008 at 11:46am
Deb:
By the way, when did Seance get HOT? !

just got mine today, I was actually worried if it would be as good as the last one, but it was (:
and hopefully it will get even better
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
December 4th, 2008 at 04:53pm
I got mine today as well,
going to read it now :]
I'm excited!
Jenny.
Jenny.
December 4th, 2008 at 06:07pm
I love what Gerard did to Vanya. She's always been a favourite of mine, so I was really looking forward to what had happened to her.
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
December 5th, 2008 at 09:32am
tabitha:
While I agree that the issue was well done, I wasn't too fond of the big shootout. It seems like a waste of space. Like, they were told they had to do a 32-page story, but due to the pacing of the story they had to come up with something for filler to keep the story on track while fulfilling the request for a longer book. It just doesn't seem to fit the writing and storytelling style that's been set by the previous issues.

Having finally recieved my copy of Dallas #1, (preordering is apaprently a joke) I'd like to weigh in on this. The story is fantastic so far, the non-linear narrative from the beginning was annoyingly intriguing. The relationships between the children was fascinating, especially the interaction between The Rumor and Spaceboy considering what happens in the first series.

The fight scene, I agree was odd. I liked it, I thought it added to the feeling of chaos that was going on with each character, but it did seem a bit like pointless violence and 'zap bang' in comparison to the seemingly carefully choreographed violence in the first series.

I especially loved the appearance from the mother, I loved her in the first series, and I'm so glad she's back again. Hope to see more of her soon.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
December 5th, 2008 at 10:24am
^^ I agree, the mother is just one of those over-the-top but not entirely unexpected subtleties in the book. Given that Hargreeves was a space alien, I thought it was an interesting choice that he built himself a companion rather than trying to find a human female; it's as if he deliberately built this wall around himself and children to keep them separate from humanity, so they're being groomed to save a world that they will never fully understand.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
December 7th, 2008 at 03:04pm
I didn't love it.

It seemed like a very typical 'first of the second series' book. Although it whizzed past (couldn't believe it when it ended, thought I was missing half the book) and I enjoyed finding out what all the characters were up to, it seemed a rushed and stereotypical opener, very filler. Looking forward to the next issue and seeing the story start properly.

The fight scene however, was hands down my favorite part and I absolutely adored it.
Apart from the art being immense, I thought it had a lot of energy and captured a very supernatural 'boy''s grieving and desperation nicely.
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
December 7th, 2008 at 03:12pm
^ I understand what you mean, it felt much more 'prologue' than the start of a new story, kind of a primer. I still loved it though, kind of snapshots into the characters.

I do hope the next issue is slightly different though.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
December 7th, 2008 at 03:29pm
Yeah, I just think the whole issue could have been covered (very humorously and in good style) in the inside page recap.