Feminists and women's rights in general

AuthorMessage
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 29th, 2007 at 07:30pm
LoversHeartDisease:
Girl next door:

LHD- your post made me crack up laughing. i have no idea why we have better health and superior brain activity then men, but woman do live longer then men because of those reasons. men die most of the time from bad health or they do something, without thinking twice, and end up getting hurt or die. the only thing men have the upper hand on is strength, men are a lot stronger due to genics. thats really it, but with everything else, we got it good Very Happy

Sometimes I do hate men though. I always say "even the most decent men are assholes"
Mostly out of anger XD

Eh, and we have the whole birth/period/feminine issues thing.

Ew

Yea, I do think that women having to deal with the child-birth, periods, menopause, etc. is totally unfair. So sometimes I am jealous of guys cause they don't have to go through anything except wanting to sleep with us! We got jipped. Disgust
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
August 29th, 2007 at 07:53pm
^periods,feminine issues, they never really bugged me all the much.
i'm pretty confident with when i go through birth, its menopause i'm afraid of. Shocked

we get jippd.i dont mind it that much, we're somewhat smarted, we have better health and we live longer. Very Happy

a lot of guys are assholes. but there are a lot of guys who arent. my mom always said 'the best guys are smart nerdy ones. they'll respect you, they'll help out and they'll love you cause, well look at em, and you'll go to love em too cause they're sweet'.
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
September 1st, 2007 at 01:33pm
We were in camp recently and there were seven of us, all girls, sharing a tent and one of the instructors, a 19/20 year old guy had a tent next door. I cant remember how we got onto this subject, but this one girl stood up in the middle of the tent and said really loudly, "Women get pregnancy, boobs, and periods! This is so unfair!" And then we heard this little voice from next door going "It's a hard life..."

Anyway. Lol. Men do have to go through a lot of shit as well. Imagine how embaressing it would be if you got an erection in the middle of gym?
I'm Not Okay90
Fabulous Killjoy
I'm Not Okay90
March 25th, 2008 at 07:57pm
I'm totally with you that it IS important. No matter how many guys think it's stupid. To many guys think that they can control girls. At my school we have 7 girls and 21 boys. They act like we're they f'ing housewives. We have had to have meeting as a grade about it. But they continue to do it.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 28th, 2008 at 09:09am
[quote="Antichrist Superstar"]
We can have AIDS and not pass it on to our child even though we share the SAME blood.
[\quote]

that, is actually not true. millions of babies are born with HIV/AIDS in africa because there mothers have it. it can pass through breast milk AND through blood.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
March 28th, 2008 at 04:08pm
No, it's true. It can be passed on, but it isn't always. If I'm not mistaken it's like 1/3 of babies born to HIV positive mothers get it themselves.

Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 29th, 2008 at 03:09pm
I think women's rights has gotten much better over the years. I think there are some feminists that are kind of ruthless and they do step over the line a bit (well a lot) but at least it's for a good cause.
William the Bloody
Killjoy
William the Bloody
March 29th, 2008 at 11:36pm
I'm all for what feminists believe, but some of them kind of blow the whole women's rights thing out of proportion. I mean, are guys really all that bad?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 30th, 2008 at 12:39am
This is the one things, I stand for STRONGLY.

I'm not like anit-male. They serve a purpose. But I still say today, that We should have a few more rights. We do MORE then men.
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
March 30th, 2008 at 10:18am
I do think that women should have equal rights.
I hate it when the boys in my classes are sexist; not one day goes by that a boy in my class makes a stupid comment.
Women hold own society together and so do men.
Women and men can do the same jobs.
We have a massive work force because women can go out to work, countries have developed because of women.
We need both genders, but i do not expect sexism.
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
March 31st, 2008 at 02:39pm
The Women had it good, they stayed at home and was taken care of. now, we are expected to work and do all the house work too - it sux. they should have been happy with just being able to vote... but noooo.
The double standard sux too. if a guy brings a woman home for a one-night stand he gets another notch in his bed post. if woman do it they are sluts
Bring.The.Words.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bring.The.Words.
March 31st, 2008 at 04:55pm
I think the time we are now is better then 50 years ago (women had to stay at home ....) now we can work......
But what unfair is men are more paid for (mostly) the same job they have (it depends on what you're doing)
I don't hate men (far from it) ,it's just not far they're aways complaining ,we have our period ,we get pregnant .......
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
March 31st, 2008 at 09:02pm
I really don't see what a woman's biological/reproductive bodily makeup has to do with women's rights. The strongest, most well-paid, most outspoken feminist in the world is going to have a period, unless she's gone through menopause or is taking Lybrel (God's *true* gift to women, damn but I love living in the future!). It doesn't change her stance on issues regarding equal rights and equal pay.

Having a period, boobs, being pregnant, having a baby and spending the rest of your life celebrating your spawn's mediocrity, having a baby and getting a license plate or screen name that says ____'S MOM thereby defining yourself by your child rather than who you were before, pissing on the toilet seat because you squat rather than use those wonderful toilet covers and leave the disgusting mess for the next woman who has to pee, taking your brood of kids into the bathroom making single women have to wait in an annoyingly long line while your spawn run around and make a mess of all the stalls, plastering a fake face of Maybellene on every morning -- these are all things that, sadly, women have, or do. None of these things, however, have anything to do with feminists or anything they stand for.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
March 31st, 2008 at 09:57pm
psychochip:
I really don't see what a woman's biological/reproductive bodily makeup has to do with women's rights. The strongest, most well-paid, most outspoken feminist in the world is going to have a period, unless she's gone through menopause or is taking Lybrel (God's *true* gift to women, damn but I love living in the future!). It doesn't change her stance on issues regarding equal rights and equal pay.

Having a period, boobs, being pregnant, having a baby and spending the rest of your life celebrating your spawn's mediocrity, having a baby and getting a license plate or screen name that says ____'S MOM thereby defining yourself by your child rather than who you were before, pissing on the toilet seat because you squat rather than use those wonderful toilet covers and leave the disgusting mess for the next woman who has to pee, taking your brood of kids into the bathroom making single women have to wait in an annoyingly long line while your spawn run around and make a mess of all the stalls, plastering a fake face of Maybellene on every morning -- these are all things that, sadly, women have, or do. None of these things, however, have anything to do with feminists or anything they stand for.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that complaining about periods and whatever does more harm than good when you're supposed to be talking about womens' rights.

Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 7th, 2008 at 11:57am
stac-renee:
The Women had it good, they stayed at home and was taken care of. now, we are expected to work and do all the house work too - it sux.

are you serious? i hope your being sarcastic. women who fought fopr these rights would be turning in their graves. its them that let you go to and finish high school, get a job, get paid more than just minimum wage, vote, do mens jobs such as factories and trades.

would you rather sit at home and knit? i believe that if women did not have rights we would not even be on the internet stating our opinion now. coz you sure couldnt have said your opinion back then.

go read a book, learn some history and see what the women who fought for our rights acheived. you will be whistling to a different tune.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 7th, 2008 at 12:00pm
stac-renee:

The double standard sux too. if a guy brings a woman home for a one-night stand he gets another notch in his bed post. if woman do it they are sluts

also, that is not womens rights, its chauvenisim. do you want the legal right to sleep with as many men as possible? and have that as one of your many 'attributes'? i dont think any respectable woman would want to anyway.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
April 7th, 2008 at 12:13pm
Well I think it could be women's rights; throughout history and in some places even today there are double standards so extreme that a man can sleep with as many underage girls or women as he wants, but if a woman is no longer a virgin when she's married, she can be put to death.

I'd even argue that male chauvinism is the root of a lot of the womens' rights issues in a patriarchal society, like ours. That's not to say that the reverse ("All Men Are Rapists," etc.) is the answer, though.

xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
April 7th, 2008 at 09:40pm
Well I think it could be women's rights; throughout history and in some places even today there are double standards so extreme that a man can sleep with as many underage girls or women as he wants, but if a woman is no longer a virgin when she's married, she can be put to death.

I'd even argue that male chauvinism is the root of a lot of the womens' rights issues in a patriarchal society, like ours. That's not to say that the reverse ("All Men Are Rapists," etc.) is the answer, though.

I absolutly agree. I believe that all people should be treated equal, women, men, children, transgender, gays, bisexuals, all races, EVERYONE but i dont think that women or ANYONE ELSE for that matter should think that they are better than everyone (ive seen a few feminists with that belief) and I also dont agree with generalizations like 'Bad Businessman?' stated such as 'all men are racist' or 'all women can do is clean houses and cook' or 'all black people are gangsters' or 'all white people are rich assholes'. i dont agree with anything of that sort. I think that the real issue is humans rights in general, not just women. I think that people should just see past these exterior images and actually listen. It doesnt matter what the fuck anyone is, people are people and people deserve fair and equal rights, period.

idk what everyone else thinks... mmk pm me or just comment Wink
King Of The Jews JR
Jazz Hands
King Of The Jews JR
April 9th, 2008 at 08:37am
Equality I do believe in, But damn I hate feminists D:

For example, we had a car show here in Australia. Great show REALLY big.
A dance group of girls asked to dance there as a show (THEY ASKED) and were allowed. Then two days before this awesome car show feminists started apicket line out front saying us men were exploiting the dance girls D:

THEY ASKED TO DANCE THERE... WE SAID NO TWICE BEFORE AGREEING... I mean seriously... That is why I hate them anyway...

GO EQUALITY
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 9th, 2008 at 08:53am
King Of The Jews JR:
Equality I do believe in, But damn I hate feminists D:

For example, we had a car show here in Australia. Great show REALLY big.
A dance group of girls asked to dance there as a show (THEY ASKED) and were allowed. Then two days before this awesome car show feminists started apicket line out front saying us men were exploiting the dance girls D:

THEY ASKED TO DANCE THERE... WE SAID NO TWICE BEFORE AGREEING... I mean seriously... That is why I hate them anyway...

GO EQUALITY

yer. i agree. im all for feminism. i think its great to have equal rights and everything Very Happy
but some feminist's just take it too far. i guess its the same with anything. but you tend to notice it more with feminist's. i dunno. nothing against them, its just some of them do.