Don't have an account? Create one!

House Of Wolves

AuthorMessage
Craig Mabbitt
Really Not Okay
Craig Mabbitt
October 8th, 2007 at 12:49am
*ashes to ashes, we all fall down* Is a refrence to the Black Plague, from London. Personally, this song is about hell, right?

<b> Feel proud, this is my first post on Imnotokay.net</b>
Ultrapeepi
Killjoy
Ultrapeepi
October 8th, 2007 at 04:45am
I think this song is kind of a big "FUCK YOU" to religion. I think the patient is at a stage in his death where people are telling him to "repent", and to have contrition (I know a thing about contrition) and he's just had enough of them forcing their religion on him, so he just decides to go as far against it as he can, and that all of it is bullshit. That's kinda what I got out of that song... its actually one of my favorites on the album.
amber.
Killjoy
amber.
October 10th, 2007 at 11:28pm
AHHHH this is my favorite MCR song!!! its my alarm tone, its my ringtone and i play it at least 5 or more times a day..
IMxNOTxOK
Fabulous Killjoy
IMxNOTxOK
October 14th, 2007 at 06:12am
live.love.burn.die:
In this song the Patient is looking back at his life, and how he's affected others. The Patient comes to realize that he may very well be going to hell. The Patient seems to be in a very dark state of mind at this point, perhaps both fearful and angry from his condition, hence his thoughts of going to hell. He can't seem to decide if he wants people to comfort him ("tell me I'm an angel"Wink, or if he wants people to scold him ("tell me I'm a bad man, kick me like a stray"Wink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Wolves

that makes perfect sense to me and i really think that's wat its about
hiphip hooray for me
Fabulous Killjoy
hiphip hooray for me
October 23rd, 2007 at 01:31pm
hey, i'm having trouble figuring out what the line "So, let the choir boys surround you, It's a compliment, I swear." means,

Can anyone help please. and thank you
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
October 23rd, 2007 at 04:46pm
jollyjammers:
hey, i'm haveing trouble figuring out what the line "So, let the choir boys around you,
It's a compliment, I swear." means,

I figured it was in reference to some of the scandals within the Catholic church recently, where a few priests were arrested for pedophilia. I'm not sure, though.
hiphip hooray for me
Fabulous Killjoy
hiphip hooray for me
October 24th, 2007 at 12:08pm
Radio Saturday:
jollyjammers:
hey, i'm haveing trouble figuring out what the line "So, let the choir boys around you,
It's a compliment, I swear." means,

I figured it was in reference to some of the scandals within the Catholic church recently, where a few priests were arrested for pedophilia. I'm not sure, though.
Thank you, i think it is a figure of speech, but i don't know about what, coz in one of taking back sunday's songs they also say something about choir boys, so thats why i think it's a figure of speech, but still i don't now what it means when people say it, not just in the 'house of wholves' song, does it makes sence?

O and sorry for my spelling mistakes.
mychemicaldeath
Fabulous Killjoy
mychemicaldeath
October 29th, 2007 at 09:04pm
hm very intresting
SharpestOfClaws
Jazz Hands
SharpestOfClaws
November 10th, 2007 at 05:07pm
LOL my friend loves this song! i can't wait till i tell her about what the song is about! Very Happy
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 11th, 2007 at 04:01am
Ultrapeepi:
I think this song is kind of a big "FUCK YOU" to religion. I think the patient is at a stage in his death where people are telling him to "repent", and to have contrition (I know a thing about contrition) and he's just had enough of them forcing their religion on him, so he just decides to go as far against it as he can, and that all of it is bullshit. That's kinda what I got out of that song... its actually one of my favorites on the album.

I agree with this. I actually didn't know what contrition was until I heard this song and looked it up on Wikipedia. Shocked
MyChemXsavedXmyXlife
Killjoy
MyChemXsavedXmyXlife
November 12th, 2007 at 05:09pm
I think this song is mostly about The Patient's journey to the Black Parade because if I remember correctly Gerard said that The Patient wilm meet many other characters along the way. I think this song is about hell and how on the journey The Patient meets a bad man that has already been to hell but escaped. He is describing it to The Patient and The Patient begins to worry about how at the end of the journey will he go to heaven or hell-"Tell me I'm an angel, take this to my grave. Tell me I'm a bad man, kick me like a stray."-In these lyrics he is debating what will happen to himself. In the Special Edition Pamphlet it also says that Gerard pictures "the devil" or "satan" as two twin wolves. So that explains the title of the song because Hell is "The House of Wolves"
Remember though this is just my opinion.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
November 12th, 2007 at 07:39pm
I tend to think of Gerard saying "Don't make a saint out of me because you haven't got a clue as to what I've done". That we, as fans, sing his praises and how he's "our savior" but the harsh reality is he's not the angelic man we all picture him to be. We fans come to his show, "sing his praises", dance (play ring around the ambulance) while the "choir boys" surround us (the band) and by worshipping and adoring him, we create this false idea of innocence. We put him on a pedastal. He's telling us that we don't know is that he's committed all these horrible sins and he was never the angelic man we pictured him to be. But the sad fact is, he'll never confess them. He'll take them to his grave and just keep pretending to be the good guy for all of us. Because of this, he thinks he's a bad man and deserves punishment.
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
November 13th, 2007 at 05:12pm
Does anybody know the original name for house of wolves... i was at the concert last night and he said the name was changed but he didnt say from what anyone have any ideas ????
mandy_lynn_2009
Killjoy
mandy_lynn_2009
November 19th, 2007 at 10:17pm
So I believe that it is about a guy who isn’t sure if he is going to hell, but he still has been good. He just has a lot of regrets and guilt, and the “ring around the ambulance” part made me think of the plague that hit Europe in 1347 A.D no one was protected from that and no one is really protected from going to hell. And what is up with this patient idea? What if it is a guy tried to commit suicide and is being sent in an ambulance. BUT i have No idea though... i guess that is why i am here
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 19th, 2007 at 10:32pm
Modern Myth:
*ashes to ashes, we all fall down* Is a refrence to the Black Plague, from London. Personally, this song is about hell, right?

<b> Feel proud, this is my first post on Imnotokay.net</b>
Ring around the rosie...?
Ultrapeepi
Killjoy
Ultrapeepi
November 20th, 2007 at 03:30am
Beeblebrox:
I tend to think of Gerard saying "Don't make a saint out of me because you haven't got a clue as to what I've done". That we, as fans, sing his praises and how he's "our savior" but the harsh reality is he's not the angelic man we all picture him to be. We fans come to his show, "sing his praises", dance (play ring around the ambulance) while the "choir boys" surround us (the band) and by worshipping and adoring him, we create this false idea of innocence. We put him on a pedastal. He's telling us that we don't know is that he's committed all these horrible sins and he was never the angelic man we pictured him to be. But the sad fact is, he'll never confess them. He'll take them to his grave and just keep pretending to be the good guy for all of us. Because of this, he thinks he's a bad man and deserves punishment.

That's interesting. I never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense. I guess I tend to get too caught up in the whole "concept album" idea and not focus on the actual band members.
DAMoN1027
Killjoy
DAMoN1027
November 21st, 2007 at 09:58am
This is a great song, and because it can mean so much its really hard to interpret. The theory about him preaching to us that we sing his praises but he is a bad man and we will never know is brilliant. My spin on it is that yes, he is talking about hell, and the house of wolves is society, basically saying hell has come to earth and we are all bad, takling about sin, and of course using himself as an example for it.
death_2_all_but_MCR
Killjoy
death_2_all_but_MCR
November 23rd, 2007 at 06:22am
I adore House of wolves in fact im lisitng to it right now
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
December 2nd, 2007 at 04:51am
This is a great song, and because it can mean so much its really hard to interpret. The theory about him preaching to us that we sing his praises but he is a bad man and we will never know is brilliant. My spin on it is that yes, he is talking about hell, and the house of wolves is society, basically saying hell has come to earth and we are all bad, takling about sin, and of course using himself as an example for it.

Clap

Best explaination.
MatthewEntity
Killjoy
MatthewEntity
December 5th, 2007 at 02:51am
I think it is The Patient reflecting upon his past sins.
He has come to his senses,realized he could very well go to Hell.
I also think he is begging for forgivenes,so he does not endure Hell.
Thoughts?