Gerardisundermybed92
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:13pm
im prett sure its about sex or hell or sex can be hell (?) im not sure
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 3rd, 2007 at 10:04pm
Panda Stalker:
I think it's a criminal or rapist, someone really bad that The Patient meets on his way to heaven or to the land of death, either way, it's after he dies. This guy has done a lot of bad things and his community is praising his death, maybe he was put to death by the state. He knows he's going to hell and is telling this to The Patient. I think that people saw him kill someone because he says:
"And as the blood runs down the walls,
You see me creepin' up these halls."

That's just what I think, I definately don't think it's The Patient telling us that he was a bad man, I think it's just a bad dead person he meets after he dies.

thats a good idea.
i think that it could possibly gerard saying hes the bad person or something like that. just talking in the bad guys point of view. cuz he says 'ive been a bad motherfucker tell your sister im another' another.....another criminal or guy thats been gotten rid of for being bad?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 25th, 2007 at 01:59pm
I agree with the ppl who say that it's about the Patient wondering if he's going to hell or not.

And I definitely think that "innocence for days" is referring to the general Catholic stereotype. I was raised Protestant, and the joke was that Catholics sin all week, and go to mass on Sunday to make up for it. (Which is bullshit--there are people who do that in every sect and belief system.) But what I'm saying is that part is mocking hypocritical Christians. Maybe this "bad man" isn't so bad after all.

Better to be an open sinner than a false saint.

Oh, but I didn't know about the two wolves, Fear and Regret. Where did you guys find that? Is it in LOTMS, cause I don't have it yet....
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 8th, 2007 at 07:26pm
yuppp..i agree also with the people who say the patient is wondering if hes going to hell or not. i mean if your going to die im sure everyone is curious as to "where" you are going... we always hear the oh God loves everyone!!! we will all go to heavenn!!! part of it... i mean im not trying to be negative or anything but its like...noooo what if thats not true...we dont know who goes to heaven and who doesnt.... and since this record is about death i guess mcr had to put this one in there...like the patient is reviewing his life and just wondering about wether he will go to hell or not and he has his doubts as to whether he will be going to heaven. and i guess the patient is almost picturing hell in a way in this song...
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 02:10pm
crazzimio:
yuppp..i agree also with the people who say the patient is wondering if hes going to hell or not. i mean if your going to die im sure everyone is curious as to "where" you are going... we always hear the oh God loves everyone!!! we will all go to heavenn!!! part of it... i mean im not trying to be negative or anything but its like...noooo what if thats not true...we dont know who goes to heaven and who doesnt.... and since this record is about death i guess mcr had to put this one in there...like the patient is reviewing his life and just wondering about wether he will go to hell or not and he has his doubts as to whether he will be going to heaven. and i guess the patient is almost picturing hell in a way in this song...
i agree with that
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 14th, 2007 at 06:38pm
okey i realy dont get shit in this song:S//?
tell me im a bad bad bad man?
i just dont get it!
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
May 14th, 2007 at 06:48pm
What I understand...

It's about the patient. He's scared that he may be going to hell. He goes into a jazz club in hell and listens to the song. The scene was inspired by a Looney Tunes cartoon where a character goes to hell and sees wolves playing in a club. The patient is reflecting on his life, for all the good stuff and bad shit he's done.

Got it from an iTunes MCR interview. Cost less than a buck, yeah, baby!
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 14th, 2007 at 07:02pm
yeah well honestly i think its one of the worst songs..
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 15th, 2007 at 12:28am
Ipromise:

That's too bad, 'cause I love this one. Is it simply because you don't feel that you can relate to it? Or do you dislike the tune (kind of an old swing feel to it)? Just curious, is all...
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 15th, 2007 at 09:13am
Solitary Style.:
Ipromise:

That's too bad, 'cause I love this one. Is it simply because you don't feel that you can relate to it? Or do you dislike the tune (kind of an old swing feel to it)? Just curious, is all...
yeah definetly i just cant relate to it..my favs are though its not a fashionstatement its a deathwish , the jetsetlifestyle is gonna kill you ,honey this mirror isnt big inough for the tow of us and skylines and turnstiles
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 16th, 2007 at 12:14pm
Ipromise:
Solitary Style.:
Ipromise:

yeah definetly i just cant relate to it..my favs are though its not a fashionstatement its a deathwish , the jetsetlifestyle is gonna kill you ,honey this mirror isnt big inough for the tow of us and skylines and turnstiles

oh i get it, its almost to childish for you because of that old swing thing...you like more of the heavy stuff. but are you still a fan of theirs? im just wondering because so many of their old fans are biching that the black parade is poser or pop or some weirdo crap like that.
emmakatherine
Killjoy
emmakatherine
May 31st, 2007 at 08:54pm
I agree with Panda.
That it's maybe a rapist,
because it talks about "tell your sister that I'm"

But I also think it's about someone without any sorrow for their actions
Somewhat sociopathic.
Just the beat and the cadence gives way to a chaotic view on it.

How they did these things, but have no remorse, were contrite(apologetic by force),
But reveled in the destruction they caused.
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
May 31st, 2007 at 09:53pm
live.love.burn.die:
In this song the Patient is looking back at his life, and how he's affected others. The Patient comes to realize that he may very well be going to hell. The Patient seems to be in a very dark state of mind at this point, perhaps both fearful and angry from his condition, hence his thoughts of going to hell. He can't seem to decide if he wants people to comfort him ("tell me I'm an angel"Wink, or if he wants people to scold him ("tell me I'm a bad man, kick me like a stray"Wink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Wolves

you wikipedia whore lol!

Actually that makes sense.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
June 10th, 2007 at 09:31pm
this song refers to the Bible, Mathew 21, 13 - "It is Written, my house shall be a House of Prayer. You have made it a Den of Thieves " J.C. ~ Right after the Savior beat the Holy Living Fuck outa the Money Lenders and Sellers of Doves (For Sacrifice) and so on.., I don't know what this has to do with the Patient and his ongoing struggle for Life, but it is simply a Warning to the Innocent (against churches!) ... Disgust
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:25pm
I love this song cuz it sounds like Gerards taunting someone who hurt him so once again hes goin' berserk. "Tell me I'm an angel take this to my grave tell me I'm a bad man kick me like a stray" is like "okay, who am I then? You've got the guts to do this to me, so tell me who I apparently AM!!"
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 16th, 2007 at 01:46pm
De_Tox6:
this song refers to the Bible, Mathew 21, 13 - "It is Written, my house shall be a House of Prayer. You have made it a Den of Thieves " J.C. ~ Right after the Savior beat the Holy Living Fuck outa the Money Lenders and Sellers of Doves (For Sacrifice) and so on.., I don't know what this has to do with the Patient and his ongoing struggle for Life, but it is simply a Warning to the Innocent (against churches!) ... Disgust

Beats the Holy Living Fuck outta em....*chuckles* dude, that is FUNNY. Actually, that DOES sound like thats whwat it could be about. Is Gerard Christian tho?? or even believe in God??
ClydeMeadows
Killjoy
ClydeMeadows
June 17th, 2007 at 04:54pm
Hmm, I didn't know Gerard was raised Catholic, going to a catholic school for 8 years (unfortuantly) I noticed all the religious references, Anyways..

It seems like it is written from the Patient's perspective about how he has gotten really cynical because he knows that he going to die. And so in a way he has become very critical of the religous people since he doesn't believe what they are trying to sell him, so its as if he is mocking the catholic priests.

"Well, I know a thing about contrition,
Because I got enough to spare."

Contrition being an act that you do in order to 'redeem' the sins you have commited, 'An Act of Contrition' So, he is saying how he has done quite a few things to make up for the bad he has done since he is constantly making 'wrong' decisions'.
"And I'll be grantin' your permission,
'Cause you haven't got a prayer.
Well, I said, hey, hallelujah,
I'ma come on, sing the praise.
Let the spirit come on through ya,
We got innocence for days!"

I think at this point the person realises that they are as crediable as any priest would be, and in sort of a madman rant decided to take over the church (I'll be granting your permission since you haven't got a prayer) and do what he wants to do because he's (according the churches) going to go to hell anyways. (of course not really, this is all in the patients head) So he is leading these fellow religious people and mocking their beliefs, and saying how simply because they 'repented' that they are free to do whatever they want with their lives, since you know, apparently to the catholics you can go to Confession, get and do an act of Contrition and you are free to go! And well, this system sort of seems faulty the patient.

"Well, I think I'm gonna burn in hell,
Everybody burn the house right down."

And because he doesn't believe in what the religious people are saying, he thinks he is probably going to go to hell because he doesn't even believe in it at this point and that when he dies he's just going to simply not exist anymore, so he will do what he wants, even though he is really upset by this fact of his fate
"And I'll say, ha, what I wanna say!
Tell me I'm an angel,
Take this to my grave.
Tell me I'm a bad man,
Kick me like a stray.
Tell me I'm an angel,
Take this to my grave".

Despite if you love or hate him, the Patient is aware he is going to die soon anyways, so he' will do as he damn well pleases.

(say it lover say it)

You play ring around the ambulance,
Like you never gave a care.
So, get the choir boys around you,
It's a compliment, I swear.

Again the Patient is mocking (primarily) the Catholics, expecially with the chior boys comments, directed towards the priests that they shouldn't even kid themselves if the priests believe they have lead pristine lives (the child molesters in partically). And so, he looses all faith in humanity and those who are trying to 'save' him, since they too are just fucked in the end as well.

And I said, ashes to ashes, we all fall down,
I wanna hear you sing the praise,
I said, ashes to ashes, we all fall down,
We got innocence for days!

Even though religious people have their own ceremonies and such, if God really judged everyone without being 'forgiven' and such, everyone would essentially go to hell, and such things such as 'acts of contrition' are just some cheap shots the relgious people make up to make them feel 'clean' even though they too are just as disgusting as the netxt person.

Well, I think I'm gonna burn in hell,
Everybody burn the house right down.

You better run like the devil,
'Cause they're never gonna leave you alone!
You better hide up in the alley,
'Cause they're never gonna find you a home!
And as the blood runs down the walls,
You see me creepin' up these halls.
I been a bad motherfucker
Tell your sister I'm another! (Okay, just a little side note on this lyric: When I think of this line, I think about my sister and her relationships with these guys who are just assholes, and it just sort of plays into that whole role of 'hey I'm just another dick that your sister would probably date')
Go! Go! Go!

And so, the Patient, when looking back at his life realizes that he was a bad person, but only in the hypocritcal standards of everyone else, because in reality everyone is primarily on the same plane, and he was no worse then the next person.
bubble_burst
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bubble_burst
June 20th, 2007 at 09:19am
yeh i agree with the wondering about going to hell thing...
to me its like he's lived his life and now he's thinking about all the things he's done that could possibly determine if he goes to heaven or hell... and he's worried that he'll be going to hell...
so he thinks of anything he could possibly do to stop himself going to hell...
"get the choir boys around you"

i also agree with what you said about mocking religion
people do all these things to stop themselves going to hell when some of the things they do can send them to hell anyway...
and everyone could go to hell based on the standards set...

i don't know if that made sense at all... but thats what i got anyway... with some help from other people...

but i think this is a great song... one of my favourites on the album... i don't know why... i guess maybe deep down i connect with it in some way... even if i'm not completely sure on what MCR wanted it to signify (signify?... is that the right word?... it sounded right til i though about it... oh well)
racoon man
Salute You in Your Grave
racoon man
June 21st, 2007 at 07:52am
i think its about a man who has many sins and police are after him you better run like the devil they wont leave you alone or satanist well i think im gonna burn in hell
Monkey-Turtle
Killjoy
Monkey-Turtle
July 6th, 2007 at 06:47am
Yes, I think It's about a guy the Patient meets after he dies. I think the murderer or whatever he is is completely psycho and thinks everyone is out to get him. Maybe he was killed by the mob or maybe he killed himself - "you better run like the devil 'cause they're never gonna leave you alone"
And when the murderer was alive he couldn't stay in one place too long because so many people wanted him dead: "you better hide up in the alley 'cause they're never gonna find you a home"