Killjoy
zackery
June 8th, 2008 at 12:05am
glad there are no white T's here
McR-Dead!-Hearse
Killjoy
McR-Dead!-Hearse
July 15th, 2008 at 03:33am
well, actually, most of you said what i want to say.
but there I have some reasons that Gerard does believe in God.( i donno how to satisfy you about it...now!)
I love this song, and you know, it's about the patient and the priest who's trying to make him repent, but the patient kinda is refusing his request, because he thinks it doesn't erase his past...
"I said ASHES TO ASHES we'll all fall down"
he's saying that in the end, everybody dies...(but i don't understand if he's insulting a Biblical sentence or just relating it...)
Disgust
it's always hard to explain McR songs...(at least most of them).... feel how hard it is for us whose mother tongue isn't English!
.....this is for now....right now...i GTG...so, maybe later something new strikes me,i'll tell ya....
McR 4eva4life
emolove4everurs
Joining The Black Parade
emolove4everurs
July 15th, 2008 at 02:43pm
ok totaly off topic but i had a question

ok so in famous last words it says "can stop me going home" so if the song is about not comitting suicide doesn't going home mean like heaven so wouldn't that be contradicting to the rest of the song sry that jus confuses me
thefallenone
Killjoy
thefallenone
July 23rd, 2008 at 05:01pm
Chocking_Flattery:
you know where he says "tell me i'm an angel"? well th efirst time i heard it, i thought he said " tell me i'm a ninja." sorry. out of topic.
thefallenone
Killjoy
thefallenone
July 23rd, 2008 at 05:03pm
the_murder_scene:
hmmmm.......yeah very interesting

i went on a site once and it tells you everything about the songs that mcr wrote/write

wats the name of the site???
Garry Way.
Fabulous Killjoy
Garry Way.
August 16th, 2008 at 12:52am
From browsing around YouTube, they had these interviews about the songs, and Gerard said that this song, was like the Patient going into this night club when he's dead, and it's full of fire and brimstone* - Ray Toro.

Gerard - The Patient is getting the point where he's fearing death*.

Clicky

* - not the exact dialogue.
MychemicalRomance33
Killjoy
MychemicalRomance33
September 27th, 2008 at 07:03pm
Its about the Patient going at Church and he gets kicked out of the Church because the Patient Is a evil guy because he killed a lot of people and made bad mistakes In his life. After when he gets kicled out he always thinks he will die and go to Hell. I think the Patient finds his way to Heaven because If you look at the Black Parade CD and back of the CD you could see the Patient flying to Heaven. So I think he finally found peace and love. Its not about hell, Gerard will never do that and If he did It be about a war or a bad place but not Hell. I hope this meaning that i said makes you know more about the song. just hear the song again you understand it!
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
October 19th, 2008 at 03:26am
Its about everyone sinning and saying lets go to church and erase the past! Its saying dont do something stupid in the first place!! Clap Rolling Eyes
vampire93
Killjoy
vampire93
October 24th, 2008 at 08:45pm
i usualy space out when i listen to this song, but one part that definatly stuck out for me was when they would spell a word. it took me forever to figure out what that word was. so one day i was singing..."S.I.N.I.S.I.N" that is a sentence, kinda. but it spells out sin i sin. so this probaly has something to do with hell, and would you want to be in a house of wolves? i wouldnt, well, not to many people want to go to hell if they know some of the details, its a scary place. this guy the song represents, whether its the paitient or a random person, someone looking, and possibly going to hell.
ilovegerard123
Killjoy
ilovegerard123
October 25th, 2008 at 11:17pm
Panda Stalker:
I think it's a criminal or rapist, someone really bad that The Patient meets on his way to heaven or to the land of death, either way, it's after he dies. This guy has done a lot of bad things and his community is praising his death, maybe he was put to death by the state. He knows he's going to hell and is telling this to The Patient. I think that people saw him kill someone because he says:
"And as the blood runs down the walls,
You see me creepin' up these halls."

That's just what I think, I definately don't think it's The Patient telling us that he was a bad man, I think it's just a bad dead person he meets after he dies.

I think youre exactley right. Maybe this was a person that The Patient had known when he was alive and this person was telling him more about what happened. He might also be giving The Patient advice about what to expect hence "You better run like the Devil, 'Cause they're never gonna leave you alone. You better hide in the alley, 'Cause they're never gonna find you a home."

But I do agree with you about The Patient not telling us that he was a bad man.
ilovegerard123
Killjoy
ilovegerard123
October 25th, 2008 at 11:42pm
musiclovexoxo101:
ok totaly off topic but i had a question

ok so in famous last words it says "can stop me going home" so if the song is about not comitting suicide doesn't going home mean like heaven so wouldn't that be contradicting to the rest of the song sry that jus confuses me

I think that it is a conversation between The Patient and his love, Helena. Maybe he has come to terms with dying but she wants to return to their shattered earth no matter what.

Helena: I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone.
Patient: honey, if you stay (in death) I'll be forgiven (for killing her, I suppose. Not sure when that would happen, but I haven't really deeply analyzed the three cheers lyrics.)
Patient: nothing you can say can stop me going home

But that's just my speculation on it.
I_gave_you_blood
Killjoy
I_gave_you_blood
November 8th, 2008 at 08:32pm
It's definitely someone the patient meets on his journey and I think he actually visits hell, and there is this evil preacher guy (possibly meant to be the devil) delivering this "sermon", there is a lot of religious language in this song, for example:
I know a thing about Contrition
Hey Hey Hallelujah, now come on sing the praise
Let the spirit come on through ya

So I think the preacher is torturing these people and using religious rhetoric to mock them. And no matter how much he's hated it doesn't matter to him.
hence the line" Tell me I'm a bad man, kick me like a stay." He wants all the abuse.
All in all, a pretty scary song.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
November 17th, 2008 at 02:17am
I thought that Gerard said something about this being the Patient kind of trying to imagine what hell is like and trying to prepare himself for it.
AdamLambert
Really Not Okay
AdamLambert
November 18th, 2008 at 01:59am
I think its about him confessing to like a priest and being sarcastic. "Well i think Im gonna burn in hell" Cuz he thinks hes going to hell anyway.

Tell me im a bad man kick me like a stray. Tell me im a angel take this to my grave.
Thats him mocking the priest like saying i know im bad but let me think im good so i can die happy.

I enterpret the song as a big sarcastic confession.
Corroded Keri
Killjoy
Corroded Keri
January 13th, 2009 at 08:48pm
I feel so behind. I think it's about a criminal after he dies but it's more about what effects religion has on people. "kick me like a stray" could mean that when the criminal dies or when anyone dies, they were'nt good enough in life in the eyes of god (or whichever god) so they get sent to hell. "tell me im a bad man" could mean the sriminal going to jail or being subjectd to judgement day. "tell me human nature, take this to my grave" Again, could be interpreted as 'human nature includes violence and other things that are bad' or ...yet again...judgement day, the person dies,(take this to my grave) and "tell me human nature"=religion is man made....
or it could mean both at the same time. all i really know is that im reeeaaallly behind : (
Corroded Keri
Killjoy
Corroded Keri
January 13th, 2009 at 08:49pm
I feel so behind. I think it's about a criminal after he dies but it's more about what effects religion has on people. "kick me like a stray" could mean that when the criminal dies or when anyone dies, they were'nt good enough in life in the eyes of god (or whichever god) so they get sent to hell. "tell me im a bad man" could mean the criminal going to jail or being subjectd to judgement day. "tell me human nature, take this to my grave" Again, could be interpreted as 'human nature includes violence and other things that are bad' or ...yet again...judgement day, the person dies,(take this to my grave) and "tell me human nature"=religion is man made....
or it could mean both at the same time. all i really know is that im reeeaaallly behind : (
frankiero-luan
Killjoy
frankiero-luan
April 8th, 2009 at 06:59am
well this song is the best of them well the meanin is clearly coz gerard consider his self as a angel coz he is an angel.....he wont die never lol well i dont what to say other about this song is awesome they should do more like this song nice keep doing guys
greendayaholic77
Killjoy
greendayaholic77
May 23rd, 2009 at 12:28am
So I'm pretty sure I'm getting somewhere with my interpretation of these lyrics.
I think it's about how he realizes how stupid and self-contradictory some religion can be.
Well, first off, house of wolves I think is meant to show irony, like "house of the lord" but also wolves can symbolize evil or satan, so maybe there are people that work for and with churches that are not really who they make them selves out to be. It's like evil in a house of goodness and holiness. Well anyway, onto the lyrics:

"Well, I know a thing about contrition,
Because I got enough to spare.
And I'll be granting your permission,
'Cause you haven't got a prayer."

Contrition is when you mourn or repent greatly for a sin. If you do something awful, but go and confess it, then the priest is basically cleaning your slate of the sin you confessed to. He's granting your permission to live at ease, even if he doesn't truly believe you can "make it into heaven"

"Well I said hey, hey hallelujah,
I'm gonna come on sing the praise.
And let the spirit come on through ya,
We got innocence for days!"

Again, I think he's getting at the fact that people who commit sins of various kinds go and "sing the praise" to god and the priests in hopes that their sins will be forgiven. For example, Johnny just stole from a convenience store. That's not right. So he's gonna go and pay some respect to his religious leaders and have "innocence for days" until he commits some other petty or serious crime.

"Well, I think I'm gonna burn in hell,
Everybody burn the house right down.
And say, ha
What I wanna say
Tell me I'm an angel,
Take this to my grave.
Tell me I'm a bad man,
Kick me like a stray.
Tell me I'm an angel,
Take this to my grave."

My interpretation:
'You know what, maybe I am goin' to hell, but I'm going to do and say what I want and I don't care if you don't like it. When I preach to you, I'm an angel. When I don't you "kick me like a stray". F*ck you guys, I'm gonna do what I want.'
Those lyrics are followed with the words I SIN spelled over and over in a whispery kinda way. So, obviously, relates back to sinning and all that.

"You play ring around the ambulance,
Well like you never gave a care.
So get the choir boys around you,
It's a compliment, I swear.
And I said, ashes to ashes, we all fall down,
I wanna hear you sing the praise,
I said, ashes to ashes, we all fall down,
We got innocence for days!
You better run like the devil,
'Cause they're never gonna leave you alone!
You better hide up in the alley,
'Cause they're never gonna find you a home!
And as the blood runs down the walls,
You see me creepin' up these halls.
I've been a bad motherfucker
Tell your sister I'm another
Go! Go! Go!
Tell me I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad man.
So get up!
So get out!
S-I-N, I S-I-N!"

So yeah, the rest of the lyrics basically illustrate, I think, that many over-religious people need to learn to practice what they preach. "you ring around the ambulence like you never gave a care so get the choir boys around you its a compliment i swear" So you act badly, but you preach to the choir and suddenly you're like a saint.
Of course, only these guys can truly know for sure what it's about but that's what I've been thinking about.
greendayaholic77@aim.com is email address so yeah if you wanna complain or agree or let me know your opinion or talk about what the heck is going on with frank and his whole leathermouth career that would be chill. Also you punk/alternative/indie-ish fans oughtta check out my band Milestone. myspace.com/eLmilestone
Thanks you guys.
-Noah Prebz
stockholm syndrome.
Awake and Unafraid
stockholm syndrome.
May 26th, 2009 at 09:20pm
The person before me said it all.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
May 27th, 2009 at 03:51pm
"Ive been a bad motherfucker, tell your sister I'm another!" probably means, "Yes,I'm bad, but you don't need to know.