Don't have an account? Create one!

The Ghost Of You

AuthorMessage
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
February 14th, 2007 at 10:48pm
this song is about the demolition lovers and remebering his loss"f I died we'd be together
I can't always just forget her" and loosing her in the desert "At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies
She dies" the chorus reveals that he is doubting if he can be successful in his mission to save her and he doubts if he will ever bring her back"At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home" He is Haunted by memories her"And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me"
and those who he has killed in order to reap the 1000 souls
"And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me(scars from the the bullets in the desert)
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me".This song shows his desperation to get her back and how much he truely loves her.Gerards voice makes this song noone could ever remake any mcr song.Gerard is just that good
Pandora's Box
Motor Baby
Pandora's Box
February 15th, 2007 at 12:32pm
to sum it up in 3 words they would be: death because she has obvisloy died loss because he obvisouly loved her with all the love he could give and haunting he is haunted by this woman as shown by the line : "And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me" that he loved ( maybe )
Ashley_Fatality
Killjoy
Ashley_Fatality
February 17th, 2007 at 04:41pm
loosing someone really close to you / anti-war 2
Dead Guardian Angel
Jazz Hands
Dead Guardian Angel
February 18th, 2007 at 08:06pm
I agree, the song is about losing someone you love and it probably does have to do with the story behind Three Cheers. But isn't it also about World War II, or is that just the music video?

*Sakura-chan*
bebynhana
Killjoy
bebynhana
February 18th, 2007 at 11:27pm
philosopher of mcr:
this song is about the demolition lovers and remebering his loss"f I died we'd be together
I can't always just forget her" and loosing her in the desert "At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies
She dies" the chorus reveals that he is doubting if he can be successful in his mission to save her and he doubts if he will ever bring her back"At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home" He is Haunted by memories her"And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me"
and those who he has killed in order to reap the 1000 souls
"And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me(scars from the the bullets in the desert)
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me".This song shows his desperation to get her back and how much he truely loves her.Gerards voice makes this song noone could ever remake any mcr song.Gerard is just that good

I'm agree with u...
And "For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me" it's means She come back in being a ghost but she can't touch him[the singer] because no one ghost can be touch moreover catch,isn't it...???
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
February 19th, 2007 at 05:12pm
"for all the ghost that are never gonna catch me" could also be the ghosts of his victims.His victims being the evil men he has to kill to save his lover.and some of his victims are those that gunned him down in the dessert n now hes taken revenge on them and now they can never get him.
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 20th, 2007 at 01:49pm
i agree with the person above me Smile
chea4
Killjoy
chea4
March 17th, 2007 at 10:20am
it is about war
teardrop101
Killjoy
teardrop101
March 21st, 2007 at 01:46pm
well guys i think there is a personal story here.. they can't just write the song like that something happened.. somebody died.. does any one who?
gerardishot
Killjoy
gerardishot
March 21st, 2007 at 04:50pm
all guys i know love this song!
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 21st, 2007 at 06:36pm
It's about the fear of losing someone.
May Contain Violence
Killjoy
May Contain Violence
March 24th, 2007 at 03:59pm
When I saw the video to this song... Oh boy.
It made me cry (no, not because one of the dies!!!)
My uncle is the war right now and it reminded me how much danger he's going to be in.
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
March 31st, 2007 at 10:15pm
if anyone ever watched Saving Private Ryan [AWESOME MOVIE] it looks a lot like the music video : ]

i think Gerard said something about making it look like that in life on the murder scene though.....haha
Killer Kat
Killjoy
Killer Kat
April 2nd, 2007 at 11:18pm
Alone.xo:
Lol we all think the same

that would prbably be because it is so obvious! Smiley
Truth
Killjoy
Truth
April 8th, 2007 at 11:25am
I think this song (Which I love)

Is about a relationship that broke down because they simply wern't right for each other. As he starts off saying "I NEVERRR, Said i'd lie and wait forever."

Then the part where it says "Never COMING HOME! NEVER COMING HOME!" Because he's not coming home to that
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 8th, 2007 at 12:50pm
I love this song. It's really sad though. I cried when I first saw the music video, and I still do.. and I'd totally follow them in death too, hah! Like others here, it's obviously about loosing someone close. The lyrics are amazing, but it's kinda obvoius what' its about, loss, I guess.

Does anybody know if this song has a background? Or a history? Like skylines and tunstiles had a back story, does this one? I don't get how a person can write something this emotional just out of imagination and not experience...!
rockonbiiaaatch
Killjoy
rockonbiiaaatch
April 10th, 2007 at 12:33pm
i love this song . its my favourite along with cancer . i always cry wen i hear it . its like it triggers somethin emotional when thinking about death and loss.
michael_james_way
Killjoy
michael_james_way
April 11th, 2007 at 06:50pm
I think I know know why Gerard wrote this song: maybe Mikey actually died in a war! (the Mikey you see today is probably a robot)
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 13th, 2007 at 12:51pm
the sorrow of losing some1 sooo... sad.... Cry
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 13th, 2007 at 12:53pm
Wicked Romance:
I love this song. It's really sad though. I cried when I first saw the music video, and I still do.. and I'd totally follow them in death too, hah! Like others here, it's obviously about loosing someone close. The lyrics are amazing, but it's kinda obvoius what' its about, loss, I guess.

Does anybody know if this song has a background? Or a history? Like skylines and tunstiles had a back story, does this one? I don't get how a person can write something this emotional just out of imagination and not experience...!

*still crying* this video is ssooo sad, makes my eye shadow teary and wet... Cry LOL! just kiddin,....