Don't have an account? Create one!

The Ghost Of You

AuthorMessage
riot reality
Jazz Hands
riot reality
June 11th, 2009 at 06:06pm

I think it’s about a girl who dies before her time, and now that she’s dead, her boyfriend or someone else close can’t really deal with it. He didn’t promise that he’d wait for her, but he can’t move on; he tries, but feels as though he’s haunted by her ghost. I guess it could also be applied to a situation where a girl randomly gets up and leaves the boy behind.
May
Killjoy
May
June 20th, 2009 at 06:40pm
i think that its, just as everyone has said before.. the fear of loosing someone close to u. when its either a brother, a boyfriend/girlfriend or somethin.. someone u love. i personally think that it could be watching a beloved person die. (thats what i see not only from the video, but from the lyrics) and it could not just mean watch em die die, but watch em die emotionally.. or idk.. thats my point of view. and also, maybe it could mean that maybe they left forever (I never said i lie and wait forever; Never coming home, Never coming home) and the fear of knowing that u will never see em again. thats just my point of view. it doesnt have to be true.. Very Happy - Alice!
mikeywaysmistress
Killjoy
mikeywaysmistress
June 30th, 2009 at 06:42pm
I think ghost of you is about being a soldier's spouse or having a spouse that does a dangerous job to do and always worrying that they will die.
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
July 2nd, 2009 at 03:52am
I think it is about someone who you love dying and being unable to get past the fact that they are never coming back.
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 12th, 2009 at 12:17pm
i think its about a girl dying and him wishing that he was with her, and that if he forgets her for now he will never remember, and no matter what he goes through she is not coming back, and him going home wouldnt make any difference so why could or should he, he is fighting for her and nothing could stop him
Grace here
Killjoy
Grace here
October 14th, 2009 at 12:18pm
I think it's about how you lose someone extremely close to you and you can't get over it. It almost makes me cry thinking about it, I recently lost a best friend too. Cry But there's always a way to get over it. But you never forget. No
greatestemokiduknow
Killjoy
greatestemokiduknow
November 4th, 2009 at 10:55am
I think its about a couple that broke up. Then the guy was just missing her alot and want to get back together but the girl died in some tragic way. Its honestly really sad, but a very good song.
MyChemChick989
Killjoy
MyChemChick989
November 9th, 2009 at 01:01am
i LOVE this song....
it is about losing someone close to you and holding it really personal
gerard drinks and basscily kills himself cause mikey dies in the war Cry
Gerardlicious
Killjoy
Gerardlicious
April 23rd, 2010 at 03:04pm
Well just watching the music video for this song.. it's obviously about being in a war. My views, is, this guy is in a war, he had just got separated from his loved one, or maybe they split up. And he knows he's going to die in the war, and will never see her again..
GorgeousNightmare!
Salute You in Your Grave
GorgeousNightmare!
April 24th, 2010 at 01:00pm
Obviously It's about losing someone. Sad
but it can be in more ways then just one. Like if you and your boyfriend/girlfriend break up and you can't forget about them so it's like they are gone forever. But it could also be just losing someone to death. Whichever is okay with me.
yoseob.
Bleeding on the Floor
yoseob.
April 26th, 2010 at 02:52am
I think it is losing someone, like a brother, father or grandfather, in a war. (obv. because of the video.) But, also finding relief from the death.
skee_save_me_mcr
Killjoy
skee_save_me_mcr
July 21st, 2010 at 08:04pm
Mikey died :'( and Gerard was all sad and everything and Ray couldn't help him Sad did you notice that you BARELY saw Frank or Bob in the video? only like a couple times! it was mostly Mikey, Ray, and Gerard!
skee_save_me_mcr
Killjoy
skee_save_me_mcr
July 21st, 2010 at 08:06pm
about the war and how some soldiers may "never come home" (never coming home, never coming home). It's also out to all the people who lost family members because of the war, or was in the war and saw their sister, father, mother, cousin, brother die. Hence the Mikey dieing and Gerard freaking out (brothers)
NJxMCRMY
Killjoy
NJxMCRMY
July 23rd, 2010 at 05:30pm
The song is, in my opionon, about someone who has broken your heart or left you, maybe even both, and you still feel as though they're still there. Like they never left.
xoxomycemxoxo
Killjoy
xoxomycemxoxo
October 31st, 2010 at 12:50am
The ONLY pat i actually know is "never coming home never coming home" lol its catchy haha
mcr363
Killjoy
mcr363
November 3rd, 2010 at 09:11pm
I can relate to this song because i kno wat its like to loose someone you love so much!!!
sweetblackdays
Killjoy
sweetblackdays
February 21st, 2011 at 06:27am
well if you look at the words 'never coming home' and watch the video it looks as if it is about war, just like mama, but there is a deeper hidden meaning which has been made for anyoen to interprate
TrebleBlast
Killjoy
TrebleBlast
May 27th, 2011 at 01:33am
sweetblackdays:
well if you look at the words 'never coming home' and watch the video it looks as if it is about war, just like mama, but there is a deeper hidden meaning which has been made for anyoen to interprate

I agree I could be wrong but it could have been desguised as a tragic love song but, it could be about someone who changed, like Mikey who suffered from depression...
'And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me.'

Mikey doesn't smile all that much anymore and he would haven't have said somethings he would have if he didn't go though that. Gerard would have been affected by this change and would probably have been' haunted' by it.

It also could be about a variety of things some song writers don't always focus on one experience in the song. They sometimes use different ones that can fit together. Sometimes its just what your heart tells you to write down.
FuckReality.
Killjoy
FuckReality.
July 4th, 2011 at 01:44am
degaussed.:
Well, if you want to, you can include it in the story of the two lovers. After she gets bit by a vampire , he stakes her heart before she turns into one. And in this song he remembers her death "in my arms she dies" , and he suffers about losing her, knowing that he's never gonna see her again.

Whoa. Serious link there to the 'Vladimir Tod' series by Heather Brewer.
The vampire (Vlad) is in love with a girl (Snow). She was mistaken as a vampire and staked, but then Vlad rescued her by turning her into a vampire. Unfortunately, she then died in his arms. BUT, later you learn shes really alive, and that dying is a part of the transformation.
Anyway.
I cry when I hear this song. My mother died when i was at a very young age, and she was the closest person to me. The lyrics are very accurate, because her death was a surprise, no one saw it coming, it really felt as if she 'died in my arms'. Also, the thought that she's 'never coming home' and 'all the things she never, ever told me, etc.' In the video I felt myself relate to Gerard as he watched his brother die. I also fear that my cousin and my friend, who are the most important people to me, could die too. It is a constant fear for me Sad But I will survive, I have survived this far Wink
Noisy Girl
Killjoy
Noisy Girl
August 1st, 2011 at 06:01am
I believe is about being afraid of losing someone.