Fabulous Killjoy
The?!Society
May 1st, 2008 at 03:50pm
This song makes me so emotional lol.
heartstolenbymcr
Killjoy
heartstolenbymcr
May 10th, 2008 at 07:17am
well i think its like the beginning of the story. the girl dies. verrrrrrrrrrry confusing though. i supose its about losing a loved one and shows the mans anguish
MeckieKaulitz
Killjoy
MeckieKaulitz
August 2nd, 2008 at 03:31pm
mcrfreak21:
awwwww poor mikey died!!!
gerard did tooo

GERARD DIED IN THE VIDEO!!! I THOUGHT I WAS JUST MIKEY!! Crying or Very sad

I need to look in to this...*Looks up Ghost of you on youtube.*
Kiss..Bang..Dead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kiss..Bang..Dead
August 3rd, 2008 at 11:55pm
Gee died...i dont remember that *looks on youtube also*
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 4th, 2008 at 11:55am
Gerard didn't die. >.< He was still alive at the end of the video.
NeverShoutNever!
Killjoy
NeverShoutNever!
August 28th, 2008 at 08:08pm
Crying or Very sad i think the words r kinda sad idk what or who they wrote it for but i <3 this song
SHYLA01
Killjoy
SHYLA01
September 30th, 2008 at 10:09am
To me the song and video clip show the same thing; someone you love dyeing and you never get to say goodbye, never getting to say what you really mean, you never will. You always have that regret; should I have said this? could I have stopped their death?

'...At the end of the world, or the last thing I see you are never coming home never coming home, could I? should I?...'

And knowing you'll never see them in the mornings in your bed, or at school, or as the video clip shows; your sibling. All what is left is memories.

'...And all the things that you never ever told me and all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me...'

They're never going to to be their for you if you fall, or their to be the shoulder to cry on or for just a good laugh, '...Never coming home never coming home, and all the wounds that are gonna scare me for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me....if I fall... if I fall. Down...'

It's a sad but moving song. It shows that we should appreciate the people around us, never let the last words be to your parents as they leave to work "I hate you" or the cold shoulder.
Love the people around you and live life to the fullest because you never know when it's your time to march the black parade, or someone you care for does. Don't let the ghost of them haunt you.
That, in my view is what the song is about, and that's what I see in the video clip, someone losing their brother at war and he never got to say goodbye.
frank'smyhero_22
Jazz Hands
frank'smyhero_22
October 28th, 2008 at 02:17am
ghost of you???

a death of someone you loved....

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home

the girl dies....
At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies
She dies

when she died the boy knows her secret....

And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
October 28th, 2008 at 03:07am
this is such a deeply emotional song!
it's makes me cry almost every time!
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
November 11th, 2008 at 07:27pm
I think this song is about loving someone and then they died and gerard being lost about it when he says :and all the things that you never ever told me" it seems to me like it was blind love. I <3 this song and I think that it is one of MCR's best works of art.
RedXFullXMoon
Killjoy
RedXFullXMoon
December 5th, 2008 at 10:42am
I felt sad in the first heard..... Coz the contents of this song, clearly listed that, he lost his lover. He felt sad and maybe he started to live without her. His patience made him strong that'll ever be.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
December 26th, 2008 at 05:44pm
I love this song, it's about losing someone you love, as others have said.

In the video, I'm guessing the ball's before the events on the beach - I noticed how as Mikey dies on the beach, the ball events go blurred - is Gerard remembering it? Ie is it Gerard's memory of the ball we're seeing? If you know what I mean.
XxmcrgeewayxO
Fabulous Killjoy
XxmcrgeewayxO
December 27th, 2008 at 09:38am
I think this song is about someone going away and dying there and never coming back.....
sierraerway95
Killjoy
sierraerway95
December 31st, 2008 at 04:49pm
i think that this song is talking about a soldier talking about a war buddy dying trying to protect his country. possibly set for world war 2? idk but its a really good song. (poor mikey!)
gibbs
Killjoy
gibbs
January 30th, 2009 at 05:35am
the ghost of you is basically, as everyone else has said, losing someone you love.
in the video mickey dies so its like a nightmare for Gerard who would be completely distraught if Mickey does actually die.
xXVioletRoseXx
Killjoy
xXVioletRoseXx
April 27th, 2009 at 07:34pm
doesn't mikey die in the music video? i think its about lousing his gf or wife, some kind of important girl, then he goes off to war and i think mikey dies, in the video he is yelling something, or mouthing it, and i think it is "MIKEY! NOOOOO!!"
Fiabug
Killjoy
Fiabug
May 14th, 2009 at 04:54am
Im my opinion, it is how alot of people are saying, about losing a loved one, and never going to be able to see them again...in this life that is...Still love the song
ss_mcr-way49
Killjoy
ss_mcr-way49
May 24th, 2009 at 05:47pm
i think this song is about someone who went to war. in those days, being in world war I or II was a big thing and there was a high chance you were never coming home, hence the phrase "never coming home, never coming home. could i? should i?"

i think he is leaving behind someone he loves and wonders if he will ever come back to her "i cant always just forget her but she could try" he will never forget her, but since he is away he is afraid she might find someone else.

the saddest part... Mikey dies ;( Sad Sad Sad(
jdrulezx
Killjoy
jdrulezx
May 25th, 2009 at 07:17pm
I think this song could be the man and woman singing to each other, I know it sounds like a weird theory, but it's different. Like, the woman could be singing:

"I never said I'd lie in wait forever
If I died we'd be together"

Because she doesn't expect to see him again, she thinks he's dead. Then he could be thinking:

"I can't always just forget her
But she could try."

OR

"The story of a man, a woman and the corpses of a thousand evil men"

He's been sent to war to kill the "evil" enemy because of the propaganda, and if he dies ("If I fall"Wink the ghosts won't catch him, and he will never see his lover again. The "all the things that you never ever told me" could mean the fact that they were never told that these men at war were just normal men like the English.

OR I could be wrong...?
Bye
stockholm syndrome.
Awake and Unafraid
stockholm syndrome.
May 26th, 2009 at 09:13pm
I think the song is about losing someone you really love and then finding out that they hid a lot from you.