Don't have an account? Create one!

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

AuthorMessage
Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
December 11th, 2006 at 11:46pm
I think the rape is referring to the line "They make me do push-ups in drag"
And the title... What else would happen to guys like them in prison?

Well in the song, there's a couple of guys having a gunfight in the centre of a restaurant. The police tell them to come out with their arms up but they try to escape! (Well they’re never gonna get me, like a bullet through a flock of doves)

I think it’s all pretty self explanatory. Meh.
It's a great song though.
phantom.
Shotgun Sinner
phantom.
December 12th, 2006 at 12:58am
BUTT RAPE, OMG.
-runs-
xXangelXx
Killjoy
xXangelXx
December 12th, 2006 at 11:30am
yep.
its clear-someone getting fucked in prison,
'pushups in drag'?
lol thats an ugly thought
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
December 12th, 2006 at 04:24pm
BrandySmartiesNinja:
I'm going with life in prison

Call me a dork, but where is rape mentioned?

they don't mention it literally, but there's a lot of little innuendo-type phrases that give it away:

first of all, the title 'you know what they do to guys like us in prison' is a well known kind of term which suggests prison rape. it's like saying...'you know what they do to guys like us in prison. we're not the toughest of people and when we go there you know there's going to be guys in there who're going to take an interest in us in a sexual way, against our will'.

the line 'how we're just two men as god had made us' kind of gives it away again. talking about two men: together.

and the part where he sings:
"To your room, what they ask of you
Will make you want to say
So long!..." etc, i think it's suggesting that, prison guards/top dogs in prison are taking them to their room, and they're asking them to do them some kind of sexual favour, and that's why it would want to make you say 'so long' because they're trying to get out of there, and they don't want to be in that situation.
y'know what i mean. heh.
that's what i think of it anyways.
mcr;love?!
Killjoy
mcr;love?!
December 13th, 2006 at 07:44pm
Clearly about how "things" happen in jail.
You can tell that from the title.
"You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"
Pretty much about getting raped in jail.
Or beaten or something along those lines.

From,
Heaven Help Us.
r e v e n g e
Shotgun Sinner
r e v e n g e
December 14th, 2006 at 10:47am
Mrs.Halloween:

it's like saying...'you know what they do to guys like us in prison. we're not the toughest of people and when we go there you know there's going to be guys in there who're going to take an interest in us in a sexual way, against our will'.

they should have just called it that Laughing
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
December 15th, 2006 at 12:00pm
lol. ^^
oh yah, cause that's catchy Wink.
Schrei
Motor Baby
Schrei
December 15th, 2006 at 07:20pm
im retty sure this song has something to d with gay guys. i mean:
Now, but I can't and I don't know How we're just two men as God had made us Well, I can't.. well, I can! Too much, too late, or just not enough of this
Pain in my heart for your dying wish I'll kiss your lips again

read that its were just 2 men as god has made us. then it says ill kiss your lips again. does any1 c my point here?
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
Jazz Hands
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
December 17th, 2006 at 12:07am
plain and simple. Its about Gerard and Bert. Gee had to spice it up a little so he doesn't sound completely gay.

It's spiced up with the hidden story of getting screwed in prison. good plotline. Shows creativeness Wink
evilalice
Salute You in Your Grave
evilalice
December 18th, 2006 at 01:24am
definitely about prison sex. the concert i was at, right before they played this song gerard yelled out "ok everyone! this song is about being fucked in the ass!!!"

he pretty much cleared that one up right there
the_murder_scene
Killjoy
the_murder_scene
December 19th, 2006 at 10:15am
its about prison and dealing with homosexuality
Bleeding Beauty
Salute You in Your Grave
Bleeding Beauty
December 20th, 2006 at 02:16am
Just to make it clear, i dont know if anyone has assumed this, but Gerard Arthur Way is NOT gay or bi. And here's proof,

A fan asked him if he was bi. Frankie and Mikey both snapped up and looked at her like o_o, but Gerard said it was okay and smiled, then said he was NOT bi and is straight and has a girlfriend (my note: her name is Olivia).

So yeah the song is not about his being gay.
And also alot of you keep refering to Bert from The Used. My guess is you guys keep saying its about Gerard and Bert having gay sex becuz they kissed, well FYI they only did that becuz of a DARE. Gee was dared to kiss Bert so he did.
They are nothing more then friends. So stop saying that their gay and/or bi.

k thnx.

something tells me that im gonna get alot of feedback for that one.....DUN DUN DUN.... Cheese
KYLIE_fucking_MCKEE!
Killjoy
KYLIE_fucking_MCKEE!
December 20th, 2006 at 08:20pm
Im Just A Sad Song:
Just to make it clear, i dont know if anyone has assumed this, but Gerard Arthur Way is NOT gay or bi. And here's proof,

A fan asked him if he was bi. Frankie and Mikey both snapped up and looked at her like o_o, but Gerard said it was okay and smiled, then said he was NOT bi and is straight and has a girlfriend (my note: her name is Olivia).

So yeah the song is not about his being gay.
And also alot of you keep refering to Bert from The Used. My guess is you guys keep saying its about Gerard and Bert having gay sex becuz they kissed, well FYI they only did that becuz of a DARE. Gee was dared to kiss Bert so he did.
They are nothing more then friends. So stop saying that their gay and/or bi.

k thnx.

something tells me that im gonna get alot of feedback for that one.....DUN DUN DUN.... Cheese

where did you hear that story? because seriously, growing up with a gay brother, a gay best friend, and being bisexual myself i'd say i have a pretty good gay-dar. and seriously, i get the vibe gerard is bisexual. i mean, homosexuality comes up an awful lot in their music (for example, this song and the infamous kiss in the "i'm not okay" video) and gerard even dressed in drag in college once. but yeah, if you can show me the source of that quote, that'd help.

<3 kylie
r e v e n g e
Shotgun Sinner
r e v e n g e
December 23rd, 2006 at 12:39am
^I think he just mucks around.
they're all really close, almost family, so they'd be pretty comfortable with each other.
like they said on LOTMS, before they got bunks they pretty much slept with each other Laughing
LoveThePoison
Killjoy
LoveThePoison
December 23rd, 2006 at 07:28am
this song is OBVIOUSLY bout gerards experiences of homosexuality...now im not into all dat crap about is gerard gay/bi watever...who gives a fuck???

but in it i think gerard is expressing the mix of emotions that he felt when he kissed Ber McCracken...

hes afraid because his catholic upbringing forbad homosexuality and tehre are loads of religious references..

"on your mothers eyes say a prayer" etc....

prison rape....i see it in the song but i dunno...why is that included??
LoveThePoison
Killjoy
LoveThePoison
December 23rd, 2006 at 07:32am
where did you hear that story? because seriously, growing up with a gay brother, a gay best friend, and being bisexual myself i'd say i have a pretty good gay-dar. and seriously, i get the vibe gerard is bisexual. i mean, homosexuality comes up an awful lot in their music (for example, this song and the infamous kiss in the "i'm not okay" video) and gerard even dressed in drag in college once. but yeah, if you can show me the source of that quote, that'd help.

<3 kylie[/quote]

you have a good gay-dar??? wat the fuck??? im bi myself and yea it wud be AMAZING if gerard was too lol but nah i dont think so....there is a kind of sexualness about him..i think hes a guy thats pretty comfortable with sexuality and isnt afraid of it...i think one of mcrs reasons for existing os to challenge our notions of sexuality too
broken_star
Killjoy
broken_star
December 23rd, 2006 at 08:57pm
tis about gerrad tryn to come to terms wuth wether or not he is gay/bi because he kissed bert for a dare..it is about prision too..but also about how society kinda acts like a prison itself....they put bi ppl down...and he wants to break out of the normal..'like a bullet through a flock of doves'...this is my interpretition of it..i may b wrong..i dont claim to know all about mcr..so if u disagree feel free to tell me..just please dont have a go at me...
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
December 23rd, 2006 at 09:23pm
I find it to be a song about a journey that a guy goes through.
He's in a gunfight in a restaraunt
[[In the middle of a gunfight in the center of a restaraunt]]
and the cops catch him and put him in prison. There, he mentions being raped
[[They made me do push ups in drag. OR when he screams and whimpers at the end of the song]]
;; having a guy in your cell whos a killer, ect.
KYLIE_fucking_MCKEE!
Killjoy
KYLIE_fucking_MCKEE!
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:17pm
LoveThePoison:
xyour_plaguex:

<3 kylie

you have a good gay-dar??? wat the fuck??? im bi myself and yea it wud be AMAZING if gerard was too lol but nah i dont think so....there is a kind of sexualness about him..i think hes a guy thats pretty comfortable with sexuality and isnt afraid of it...i think one of mcrs reasons for existing os to challenge our notions of sexuality too

yes i have a good gay-dar. obviously you have no fucking clue what it is. that's a little sad, especially if you really are a bisexual. anyway, not my problem.

broken_star:
tis about gerrad tryn to come to terms wuth wether or not he is gay/bi because he kissed bert for a dare..it is about prision too..but also about how society kinda acts like a prison itself....they put bi ppl down...and he wants to break out of the normal..'like a bullet through a flock of doves'...this is my interpretition of it..i may b wrong..i dont claim to know all about mcr..so if u disagree feel free to tell me..just please dont have a go at me...

actually, i think you have a really interesting way of viewing the song. it makes complete sense. you must be one of those smart people.

<3 kylie
Astro Zombie Manda.
Always Born a Crime
Astro Zombie Manda.
December 24th, 2006 at 08:53pm
A lot of people have heard that this song is about Bert and Gerard my self included. And it most likely is, since Bert does some vocals in it. But if it didn't mean anything, I dont think he would have written a song about it. And I have seen them kiss many many times...so I'm not sure.