Don't have an account? Create one!

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

AuthorMessage
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 05:01am
the prisoners are being abused by themselves, that's it.
The Fab Four
Always Born a Crime
The Fab Four
May 30th, 2008 at 11:21am
Some of the comments here are completely insane!
It's not about Bert at all, not even slightly. Given the time it was released when this song was written they would have barely known each other. And the truth or dare kiss happened much later I believe.
Gerard obviously isn't gay, bi possibly but really it doesn't matter. The song is simply about prison rape and being used.
Hatebreeder.
Salute You in Your Grave
Hatebreeder.
October 26th, 2008 at 05:20am
What did he go to prison for?.....

Do you have the keys to the hotel?
'Cause I'm gonna string this motherfucker on fire! (FIRE!)

Sounds like an arsonist
RedXFullXMoon
Killjoy
RedXFullXMoon
December 5th, 2008 at 08:20am
Hatebreeder.:
What did he go to prison for?.....

Do you have the keys to the hotel?
'Cause I'm gonna string this motherfucker on fire! (FIRE!)

Sounds like an arsonist
I believe this song tell us about how hard live in prison and he attemp to deal with it. Simply it's about criminality and homosexuality. Don't ask why or how!
Gerard makes the high sense song!
rachelrenegade
Killjoy
rachelrenegade
March 7th, 2009 at 01:30am
i think that the song "you know what they do to guys like us in prison" is about obviously going to jail. i think Gerard and Bert. but when it says "they made me do push-ups in drag" made it sound like Gerard was placed as the little "bitch." in the jail cell. the part where it has "i'll kiss your lips again" kind of confuses me. because i presume all of the humans in the jail cell were men. so that brings up my question. "did he(Gerard) have a "partner" while in jail?"then at the end where it says "take it like a man" is most obvious. getting raped in the "booty hole"
that is what i believe the song means..and my view
rachelrenegade
Killjoy
rachelrenegade
March 7th, 2009 at 01:30am
i think that the song "you know what they do to guys like us in prison" is about obviously going to jail. i think Gerard and Bert. but when it says "they made me do push-ups in drag" made it sound like Gerard was placed as the little "bitch." in the jail cell. the part where it has "i'll kiss your lips again" kind of confuses me. because i presume all of the humans in the jail cell were men. so that brings up my question. "did he(Gerard) have a "partner" while in jail?"then at the end where it says "take it like a man" is most obvious. getting raped in the "booty hole"
that is what i believe the song means..and my view
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
March 11th, 2009 at 02:56pm
Well, I think its about two gay guys who go to prison.

Just two men God has made us...
I'll kiss you lips aga-ian!

Also, its a bit suspicious that Bert and Gerard sing a song about two gay guys. Tehe

Also, its Bert who does that giggle at the end.

Edit: Actually, I think a guy went to prison when his lover died in a resturant, because they were shooting, and he acciedently killed him.
Brooke0134
Killjoy
Brooke0134
March 30th, 2009 at 09:13pm
Okay I think it might have to do with the kiss and also it might just say things about the journey through prison. Like he puts himself in the shoes of some one who is put in jail but i don't think it had anything to do with prison rape Ha Ha
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
April 4th, 2009 at 12:38pm
i heard from one interview(i really can't remember though)
that, one of their songs for Revenge will be about sex...or something like that, so maybe, this is it....

and when Gee sings this, he does the bases and you know...
Fiabug
Killjoy
Fiabug
May 14th, 2009 at 04:44am
Kissing Bert Smile Love the song though
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 13th, 2009 at 05:45pm
i think its about prison or a man doing bad things or possibly him being a victim. there is a gun fight in the middle of the restaurant and he says Come with your arms raised high!" and that no matter what they do they will never catch him its like "Like a bullet through a flock of doves" its pointles because they will just fly away. and that god and everyone hates him, and his girlfriend
is dying and he will kiss her as her last wish, probably before he gets arrested, and then in prison all the other men there will pick on him, and he misses his mam, and he is wondering what way they will kill him will it be "Will they give me the chair,
Or lethal injection, or swing from a rope if you dare", then he ends up killing somone becuase he recognises him. then he is going on about life is shit unless theres something good in it or your dead, but hes happy because he will die with his freinds
LikeCheapWhiskey
Killjoy
LikeCheapWhiskey
November 22nd, 2009 at 09:46am
It's about prison.
aredreception
Killjoy
aredreception
December 15th, 2009 at 10:07pm
the song is about a group of friends faced with either arrest and jailing or, being gunned down by police
the person singing the song imagines what it would be like to be in prison.
they decide to go out guns blazing

"i cant go down by myself"- as in going down in prison

"but i can go down with my friends"- get killed by the police

thats what it is in the narrative sense

there is a deeper meaning that amounts to "go out fighting"
where prison is a regular office life
and death is relief
Arcran
Killjoy
Arcran
March 24th, 2010 at 04:36am
I like to think that the song is about the Demolition Lover, he gets caught killing & gets locked up for it, where he is more than likely raped.
"In the middle of a gunfight" the Demo lover is having a gunfight for someone's soul,
"They say, come with your arms raised high" the police find him
"They're never gonna catch me" He runs from them
"Your war against your faith in me" Two people who don't trust eachother, the demo lover & someone who's soul he's tried to take.
freedrowninglessons
Killjoy
freedrowninglessons
April 26th, 2010 at 09:38am
Ok guys, He has SAID that it was about getting raped in prison pretty much everytime they play the song he says it. you know what they do to guys like us in prison DUH THEY RAPE GUYS LIKE THEM IN PRISON!!!!!
Molotov Lexicon
Killjoy
Molotov Lexicon
July 19th, 2011 at 02:47pm
I believe this song is about homosexuality in prison, but there might be something about Gerard experiencing homosexual contact with Bert. In the acknowledgement section of the album, Gerard says 'Bert for being my cellmate.'
mar0o0ha
Bleeding on the Floor
mar0o0ha
September 4th, 2011 at 02:24pm
x.lady.of.sorrows.x:
lmao
i heard it was something about a night in prison with bert....x.O XD

i think so too because i download it live from a website
he was singing it with bert and he said it's about our night in jail... so it's true
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:16pm
This is about discovering gay feelings and having homosexual sex