Don't have an account? Create one!

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

AuthorMessage
broken_star
Killjoy
broken_star
September 14th, 2007 at 04:23am
i think that this song is about homosexuailty in a close knit society
in a literal sense it may well be about being taken into prison for a crime he and his companion [most probably bert] commited, and it may also indicate being raped in prison.
However i feel that he is regarding society in general as a prison, something he cant escape from not matter how hard he tries, they are always there [by they i mean the people who discriminated against homosexuality]

in the middle of a restuarant
it indicates he cant be allowed to live the life of a normal person and go out for meal
he has to behave like a fugitive and be forced to conceal his feelings or be caught out inpublic and ridiculed, harrassed and worse.

At the same time he is feeling confusion, half probably due to his sexuailty and coming to terms with it
but more over i think he is bewildered at why some people have such a problem with gays

How we're just two men as God had made us

i think in the end its a song about questioning
he's questioning who he is
am i losing myself?
he's questioning his feelings and sexuaily
and most of all he is questioning society and what forces it to act the way it does
to discriminate against other humans
to have such close minded views, how they are unable to think outside the box
so in another sense it could be said he not only sees society as a prison but also see's society stuck in a prison
a prison of thier minds.

___

of course i may be completly wrong and not understood the song properly but at the end of the day each to own i guess.
tbh i must admit im not as much as a mcr fan as i was a year ago and i came on this site after nearly 6 months to print of the song lyrics for my english lit teacher and thought i might as well share some of my views which i wrote for my homework whilst i was here.
-kim.

[fyi originally i had accidently posted this under I Never Told You What I Do For A Living xD]
Lostinstereo_
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lostinstereo_
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:20pm
StonyPony:
Clearly about taking an ass-fucking while in prison.
*cues Duelling Banjos*

lol
mychemandrea
Killjoy
mychemandrea
October 9th, 2007 at 04:40pm
yeah, i always heard that this song was about prision rape.. now i fully understand it . sweet
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 10th, 2007 at 05:58pm
whoa. im confused. prison rape?
ok.....
confused. someone please explain.
it's a good song tho. my favourite Very Happy Mr. Green
IMxNOTxOK
Fabulous Killjoy
IMxNOTxOK
October 14th, 2007 at 05:58am
i completely agree with broken_star and i couldnt have said it better
but i think of it just a bit diferently
i think this song is about discrimination and stereotyping towards people that are different or "weird" or unlike everyone else
and people look at it as if it should be a crime or like there is something wrong with being different and unique
and like broken_star said it sounds like he's questioning himself because of all the pressure he's being put under from other ppl
and i honestly believe that it doesnt have to do with bert
i dont see why ppl r saying that
xXBlackRevengexX
Killjoy
xXBlackRevengexX
October 15th, 2007 at 05:32am
Well, i think is about how fucking horrible prison is for a guy, and for MCR's kinda guy!

What's The Worst Thing I Could Say,
Things Are Better If I Stay,
So Long And Goodnight,
So Long And Goodnight!
Helena means a whole lot to me... what does it mean to you? Crying or Very sad
xXBlackRevengexX
Killjoy
xXBlackRevengexX
October 15th, 2007 at 05:33am
So yeah
I think that it is about what a fucking horrible place prison is!
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
October 16th, 2007 at 08:59pm
I would definitely agree that this song is about being ass-raped in prison -- two guys who are already gay get locked up, and it just gets worse and worse from there until they "set this mother f*cker on fire." Very Happy
scizophomiya
Killjoy
scizophomiya
October 28th, 2007 at 11:34am
Well... i really didnt notice about this 'prison rape'. English is my second language, thats why i thought 'push up in drag' in literally!!! LOL

Ok, when I heard this song, I thought about how horrible the prison is...

am i losing myself?
I think he's questioning himself, and he feels getting worse that he miss his family and the other side, he wanna die if he dare.
He feels the pain and anger build inside him, that he want to destroy the prison.

When I hear this, I remember a movie about a teens prison... and there's a group called Hellkitchen, its a story about the rape in teens prison. In Life in Murder Scene, Gerarld said that it about the story about someone thet went to jail...

Btw, it out of topic anyway... but I read from the first page, it said that gerald is bi or gay...
Well... he is married now, with woman. So I think he is straight.
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
November 18th, 2007 at 12:46am
Who's the one who laughed at the end, and the one who giggled during the middle of the song?, when Gerard and I think Frankie were singing, after the first time the chorus was played? I am sure it's Frankie, but Bert also sang.
CupcakeRevenge
Killjoy
CupcakeRevenge
January 5th, 2008 at 11:12am
Covered in Gasoline:
Who's the one who laughed at the end, and the one who giggled during the middle of the song?, when Gerard and I think Frankie were singing, after the first time the chorus was played? I am sure it's Frankie, but Bert also sang.

i think it was frankie. both times.
can anyone tell me where bert sang? i mean which line?
blue.and.yellow.
Fabulous Killjoy
blue.and.yellow.
January 25th, 2008 at 09:00pm
I never thought about it being about prison rape until I looked it up. When I found out i was like, "whoaaa!" D:
I can see it now though... "Now, but I can't" - he can't (Gerard or the character in the song), you know, go through the rape.
"And I don't know how we're just two men as God had made us" - they're still both just two guys and the terror of prison rape seems hard to believe.
"I'd kiss your lips again" - yeeeeeeah.... that might be part of the whole thing, where he's forced into everything and stuff. Razz

And CupcakeRevenge, as far as I know Bert's just the one laughing at the end. I dunno though.
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
January 26th, 2008 at 07:47pm
i think it was frankie. both times.
can anyone tell me where bert sang? i mean which line?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the line Bert sang was "Do you have the keys to the hotel, because I'm gonna string the motherfucker on fire"
ForkInToaster
Killjoy
ForkInToaster
January 28th, 2008 at 05:25pm
it's about 5 beautiful boys who go to prison. ~life on the murder scene~lmao! XD
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 29th, 2008 at 12:54am
evilalice:
definitely about prison sex. the concert i was at, right before they played this song gerard yelled out "ok everyone! this song is about being fucked in the ass!!!"

that's one of the reasons i love G, right there. what a gem of a guy.
deathonastick
Killjoy
deathonastick
March 24th, 2008 at 07:21pm
in the words of Gerard "this song is about being very very bad, going to jail....and being f*cked up the a*s."

He would know
mcrXisXmyXlife
Killjoy
mcrXisXmyXlife
March 31st, 2008 at 08:51pm
i thiwell he is in prison and it ses thAT his cellmate's a killer and makes him do pushups so it sounds like poor gerard is being abusedSad
RayLeen
Killjoy
RayLeen
May 4th, 2008 at 07:12pm
I heard it was about something like a shooting in a bar or something where a lot of peoploe died. Thats what I was told but I dont know.
Black Presicion
Killjoy
Black Presicion
May 7th, 2008 at 09:06pm
Okay well first of all I was like, 'how the hell is the song about prison rape?' and now I understand.
Okay, so I'm not exactly sure what it exactly means but here are some different variations:
So, in the first verse, I guess he's famous by the police so he doesn't want to get caught. He can't go out in public without people recognizing him but he knows that the police can't get him. 'they say come with your arms raised high' that's what the police would say, get it? 'Freeze, put your hands up' And the police try to shoot him and stuff but he's like no they can't get me. Eventually, they do.
In the chorus, i guess it's about being gay or something cuz it says, 'how we're just two men as god has made us...i'll kiss your lips again' etc.Maybe the police is chasing him because he's a raper, you know? And so in the first it's almost like a, 'I'll get you next time,' but you know, it's explaining he's rapes guys. there.
In the second verse, well...i dont' get the first line but in the second line it's saying how they're in prison and stuff cuz you know they probably make em do push ups and the guards and people there don't care if you're in the worst pain cuz you're a prisoner they'll just be like, 'keep doing push-ups!' and stuff. and he misses his family, or his mom particularly, and he's wondering if they're gonna give him a lethal injection and kill him or he'll be so sick of prison that he'll kill himself and there's so much trouble around.
Bridge...okay...so, 'to your room' *cough,cough* i think you get it. and after he rapes a person people'll be like to the victim, 'omg are you okay' and 'what happened' and so will the police, 'what happened?' and stuff and that's why it says, 'what they ask of you' and it'll make the person want to die. Something like that or it could be that the raper asks the victim something that makes them want to die so they won't have to go through it and be the victim. i'm just guessing here cuz i'm confuzzled on this.
you can probably guess the next line or so...
then the last verse thing is saying that if he'll die in prison, he'll die with loads of other people. And that's how his life ends. The end. he's dead.

Okay so this may not be the best interpretation but after reading other responses and stuff i think it's pretty accurate. Sorry if you don't understand what the hell i'm saying. XD
lytesend
Killjoy
lytesend
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:59pm
In a live performance, pretty sure Gerard says (paraphrased, I can't remember the whole thing...) "This is a song about being very, very bad... And going to jail, and getting f-cked in the ass." Ayep, that's about it...