Interracial Relationships

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 3rd, 2007 at 08:48am
Girl next door:
Cigarettes And Suicide:
If my daughter brought home a black man who had finished high school, had a job, didn't take drugs or use alcohol excessively, and treated her with the respect she deserved, then no, I would have no problem with her marrying someone like that.
However, if he was unemployed, living off welfare, used drugs or drank too much, gambled his money and ran with 'unsavoury' company, then yes, I don't care if he were black, white, purple or green, I'd lock her in her bedroom until she grew a brain. Her father, however... well, let's just say if you think I'm such a bigot, be glad you'll never hear his opinion on the issue.

everyone wants to do that to their daughter. but despite what you think there are some black people who are pefectly fine. my boyfriend is puerto rician and domician and hes fine. he listens to rap and rock and hes one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet in your life.

you're being really racist even if you dont mean to be, you are. you're making it sound like every black person is a drug addict, and one welfare, but some people arent.you cant judge someone from where they come from intill you actually get to know them.

Hold up, no she isn't. Cigarettes and Suicide said she wouldn't have a problem with a nice, respectable, educated, responsible black guy. She also said she'd take issue with her daughter bring home a drug-addicted unemployed white guy. That's not racist. All she's said is that where she lives, white guys tend to be the ones who have finished high school and have good jobs, and black guys tend to not. That's not really racism, it's statistics.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
September 3rd, 2007 at 11:07pm
^ i know that that's what she meant to said it for a white or black man. but she was implying a lot of it towards a black man. she said 'the black stereotype wouldn't exist if it wasn't true', which is true but still a little racist.and that's what i was actually talking about. she made that sound like all non whites are like that. and she also said that a white man wouldn't even look at a woman if she was with a black man, which may be true if they're snobby or raised to believe that, but not a whole lot of people are now.but you really need to get to know someone before you can judge them.

I'm all for it, nothings wrong with it, your kids are just gonna be mixed.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 01:10am
^Ah I see. Well, I won't presume to know Cigarettes and Suicide's exact opinion, but from what I've read I don't think she's really racist; she's just seen a lot of racial stereotypes come true. And that bit about white men not looking at women who slept with black men, that was just about her town, wasn't it?
*shrug* Anyway, I haven't got a problem with interracial couples. It's kind of a non-issue. I can't say I have much experience in it, but my cousin (Irish) married a woman from the Dominican Republic and they have two of the most gorgeous little girls you'll ever see.
It is kind of funny though, because they're being brought up bilingual, and my aunt is always trying to speak the little bits of Spanish she knows to them with her Kerry accent. xD
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 01:15am
i don't know where y'all are from, but interracial relationships are more than a little frowned upon where i'm from... my parents actually told me that if i ever dated a black guy, they would disown me... so... i think that it sort of depends on your situation...
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
September 4th, 2007 at 11:14am
Are you from the Southern States of America?
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 10:56pm
the pussy cat bobs.:
Are you from the Southern States of America?

How did you guess??? (sarcastic) yep... South Louisiana to be precise...
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
September 4th, 2007 at 11:45pm
I personally have absolutely no problem with mixed-race relationships.
All of mine have been.
But, that doesn't mean I'm not attracted to males of my own race, I just get weird that we may be related, as most of the Chinese males I meet are family.

To me, what matters is if we have stuff in common. Because if he listens to rap or pop, is against alcohol and hates to party, I don't care what race he is, I wouldn't date him.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 11:51pm
i think that when true love comes along... go with it...
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
September 5th, 2007 at 05:36am
Girl next door:
she said 'the black stereotype wouldn't exist if it wasn't true', which is true but still a little racist.and that's what i was actually talking about.
Well, hey, call me a raving bigot, but I look at it this way: if black people committing crimes/doing drugs/collecting welfare etc etc etc (whatever else the 'black stereotype' is) were the minority, people wouldn't automatically assume that a random black person walking past them in the street is a gang member, drug dealer, criminal etc. It's like how nobody really just assumes that the white guy walking past them in the street has a pocketful of rock and a gun in the waistband of his jeans - these stereotypes exist, or don't exist, for a reason.
Call it racist if you will. I call it statistics.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 5th, 2007 at 06:13am
good point... we kind of create our own stereotypes... take mine for example... i'm cajun... people love to make fun of us... most of us don't fit the traditional stereotype of sitting on the front porch shooting every little vermin that crosses the road and bringin it home to cook for supper whilst rowing a piroue and saying things like, "mais cher that don't make no good sense, no siree that sure don't." but what are you going to do about it? people believe what they want to believe... and as long as that still goes on, there will still be the stereotypes in every part of life, not just the races, and there will always be the stigmas attached to the social activities that mix the races... that's just how life goes... it can change eventually, but i don't see it changing anytime soon...
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 6th, 2007 at 01:38am
to me it dosent matter love is love
and you cant break love even if your parents dont like the guy/girl
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
September 11th, 2007 at 10:30am
*headdesk* Rolling Eyes

It is not the majority! It's the majority of what you see on television or "that one guy my friend told me about". Look a the big picture. I don't know any African Americans on welfare and I live in a 80% African American neighborhood. African Americans are well capable of being middle class and above. It's not all "Good Times". I mean...leave the maybe...what 12? people in Australia with brown skin alone. Seriously where do you people live!? So I can make a note never to go there.

Drugs! People of all races use and sell drugs! People of all races are in gangs and steal. I mean I noticed certain races prefer certain drugs over others but pretty much everyone is using or selling. If I'm out at night by myself I'm going to just as terrified if I see a bunch of white guys hanging out as I would if they were black. Everyone is fucked up and capable of doing the most terrible things regardless of race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. To single out a group of people is silly.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
September 11th, 2007 at 02:42pm
It is not a problem for me. Negative stereotyping is just a normal human reaction to things foreign to them because it is said that humans can be naturally xenophobes but nevertheless, still wrong.
It is not really interracial but more of inter-religious marriage that i know of. My friend is 1/3 muslim, 1/3 christian and 1/3 buddhist. Her parents both love each other but are firm in their own beliefs
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 08:34pm
well! i dont see a problem with interacial relationships. i am in one! and i really dont care what color of skin he has because i love him and i think thats all that should matter! i really think that hes the love of my life. we have known eachother for 2 years, i can tell him anyhing and we both know we have a great relationship! i dont care what kind of reasons ppl have for being against this. because if they do theyre pathetic. my parents both support it. my mom loves him! she met him when they worked together! she knows hes a great guy and my dad and him talk alot! and my sibilings love him! its the best relationship ever! so dont even start me on interracial relationships! thanks!
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 19th, 2007 at 01:24am
Sowing Season:
I mean...leave the maybe...what 12? people in Australia with brown skin alone.

Excuse me, but what did you mean by that? Neutral
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 19th, 2007 at 02:28am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Girl next door:
she said 'the black stereotype wouldn't exist if it wasn't true', which is true but still a little racist.and that's what i was actually talking about.
Well, hey, call me a raving bigot, but I look at it this way: if black people committing crimes/doing drugs/collecting welfare etc etc etc (whatever else the 'black stereotype' is) were the minority, people wouldn't automatically assume that a random black person walking past them in the street is a gang member, drug dealer, criminal etc. It's like how nobody really just assumes that the white guy walking past them in the street has a pocketful of rock and a gun in the waistband of his jeans - these stereotypes exist, or don't exist, for a reason.
Call it racist if you will. I call it statistics.

ok your both right in one aspect or another.if you look at it, black people before about 1900 were considered just slaves, always looked down apon, and because of that, black people formed kinda of a intolerance towards the average white person. then when movies started to be made, most of the time the black or hispanic person was the crimanal. then more come into their stereotype like, "gangster", "convicts" etc. they were made out as bad people. are they? ussually no. so if on the news we see a crime and we see a black man responsible, most white people without relizing it willsay something, "well go figure." the schools with the worst raps have a very large black population ussually. but then agian white people aren't perfect
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 19th, 2007 at 06:14am
It depends.
If the relationship is good, the couple had jobs, were not doing drugs and all those shick, then, ok, it's good.
But if it heavily involved drugs and alcohol, I'm against it.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 19th, 2007 at 09:48am
So you're saying two people of different races doing drugs together is wrong, but two white people doing drugs together is just fine? :s
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:09pm
^^ That's what I thought.

I can understand people not finding other races attractive.
But if you do, and wish to have a relationship with one of them, then what's the problem?

I'm half cast myself, and if someone liked me but wouldn't date me because I'm half African... well, that's a ridiculous reason to not like someone.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 19th, 2007 at 06:42pm
I'm half black too, and if someone wouldn't date me for the colour[s] of my skin, then that's just stupid. If you choose to ditch someone, do it for their personality, and don't ditch someone for their skin colour (If that made any sense at all)