Interracial Relationships

AuthorMessage
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
April 29th, 2008 at 05:19am
kid whatever.:

According to who...?
Some people might identify more with their mother's heritage, for example. Who made up the rule that your race was "determined by your father's parentage"?
It's determined by whatever you determine it by, not by anyone else's standards.

I don't know where you're from, but in the U.K, it has generally been determined that way since the old days of the Tudors, though it doesn't stand up that much anymore. Hence the 'supposedly' in my comment.
And I actually agree with you.

Thanks for attacking me, though. Smile
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 29th, 2008 at 06:05am

^^
She wasn't attacking you. She was expressing an opinion.

I don't think that different race relationships are 'bad.'
I am born from two parents from different countries. Does that make me a bad child?
But I don't think we can say that it is right or wrong, once you get down to it, it's really up to someones own view on it.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 2nd, 2008 at 08:37am
Stewie G. Griffin:
kid whatever.:

According to who...?
Some people might identify more with their mother's heritage, for example. Who made up the rule that your race was "determined by your father's parentage"?
It's determined by whatever you determine it by, not by anyone else's standards.

I don't know where you're from, but in the U.K, it has generally been determined that way since the old days of the Tudors, though it doesn't stand up that much anymore. Hence the 'supposedly' in my comment.
And I actually agree with you.

Thanks for attacking me, though. Smile

As Lovesick Melody pointed out, I wasn't attacking you. I was merely countering what you had written, which is actually how a discussion is supposed to go.

And I'm from Australia; and I must say that I've personally never heard of your father's parentage being the indicator of your race. I think that maybe this is more of a legal matter, not a social one, if that makes sense. Socially, people define themselves as whatever they want to, not according to a certain side of your family.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 3rd, 2008 at 11:56am
I think people should be with whoever makes them happy, regardless of their race and whether it is different from their own. Real love is based on who the person is, not where they're from or the color of their skin. If you love a person, their race shouldn't be enough to stop you from being with them.
I am glad you see this guy you like for the person they are, instead of their race, and I wish the best for you in helping your family see that, too.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
May 20th, 2008 at 06:09pm
demolition.loverxx:
I think people should be with whoever makes them happy, regardless of their race and whether it is different from their own. Real love is based on who the person is, not where they're from or the color of their skin. If you love a person, their race shouldn't be enough to stop you from being with them.
I am glad you see this guy you like for the person they are, instead of their race, and I wish the best for you in helping your family see that, too.

Someone's race is their characteristic. Would you hate someone because they were a brunette and you had red hair? I don't think so. If you love that person for them, then race shouldn't be a factor.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
May 28th, 2008 at 01:49pm
the sad thing is, i can believe that there is still raceism and skepticsim about different race relationships after allll these years.

my personal belief, be with who you want, not with who some people think you should be. there is nothing wrong with being with someone among a different race. because we are all humans, when you're trying to be with a different species, thats a problem.
scientists have proven that there is no genetic difference among the races. and if that doesnt change your mind, just thing of it like this Surprisedur skin color is nothing more then pigments, some people are born with pale, or fair skin, others with a little bit darker pigment color. its only skin deep
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
May 28th, 2008 at 02:20pm
Coming from parents with different heritage, i have no problem with dating people from different races. But it kinda annoys me when some of my friends said they wont date people from other races because they are different. Since when being in one particular race makes you 'better' than others? No
rukan
Killjoy
rukan
May 28th, 2008 at 09:25pm
My mother is from Texas, and my father is from Bangladesh.

so naturally, i have no problem. every relationship I've had is interracial, however, i don't know many half-bengalis, so you know.
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
June 2nd, 2008 at 04:56pm
"Races" doesn't bother me. I would however have a problem dating someone who's personal belief, be veiew upon race or religion, clashed or suppresed my beliefs.
I have dated a guy who didnt express his racist views untill after we dated for a while. I felt kinda betrayed.
the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:31pm
i'm a child from a mixed-race relationship. my father is black, and my mother is white. when we go certain places some people still look at us funny and my mom always tells me about how when she was in college people would make fun of her and call her a "niger lover". i think it is really ridiculous. he said that when they go to this one bar, it is really racist and people try to start fights with my parents because of it. i am tired of racism.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 3rd, 2008 at 10:29pm
Do you think it is wrong to be with a person of a different race?
Do you think people get made fun of for dating a person of a different race quite often?
Would you ever date a person of a different race?

- NO! Of course not. There is never anything morally or ethically wrong. Some people just do it when they are not ready for something that, whether they like it or not, is a big deal to the rest of society. The relationship may be fine but the other things might not. Not only will society have their snickering thoughts, but partner A and partner B may also have friends urging them to do things that are attached to their race (so to speak) such as getting a girl drunk or sleeping with a guy just to keep him around. Until people get older, they are typically not prepared for that.

- No, they're not made fun of. They are usually treated with prejudice and other negative attitudes. It is almost never a funny subject.

- IF I WERE SINGLE, I am not sure. As of now I am with someone I plan to spend my life with, and he is the same race that I am, more or less. I have dated people of Mexican descent (half or more that is), but they really didn't have the characteristics of their race, and I can honestly say I probably wouldn't date a black man, mainly because I am just not attracted to them in any way. I suppose I am just attracted to my own race. I can't control that, though. And anyway, I have the love of my life all figured out. :]
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 3rd, 2008 at 10:31pm
Mrs. Lily Crump:
i'm a child from a mixed-race relationship. my father is black, and my mother is white. when we go certain places some people still look at us funny and my mom always tells me about how when she was in college people would make fun of her and call her a "niger lover". i think it is really ridiculous. he said that when they go to this one bar, it is really racist and people try to start fights with my parents because of it. i am tired of racism.

That's one problem that most teenagers do not foresee in an interracial relationship. Then the girl gets pregnant - not always, haha - and before they can help it, mom dad and baby have that stigma for the rest of their lives. And sometimes you just have to weigh those choices and decide if you want your child to deal with it, or if you think you can work against it or maybe you can't.

It's so sad that it has to be that way, and that all races are so clear-cut (from a cultural standpoint, not a genetic one) after all this time.
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
June 5th, 2008 at 02:08pm
I strongly believe that there is nothing wrong with inter racial relationships.
Love is love.
Well, except if you're a fifty year old in love with a twelve year old.
But, you get the point.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 6th, 2008 at 11:52pm
No, if you say love is love, then it is. If you don't mean it for everything, don't use it. You need something else to stand on.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
June 7th, 2008 at 09:07am
I see absolutely nothing wrong with people dating others of different race. We're all pink in the inside after all. Some people don't date other people of different race is just a matter of taste, not racism.
rukan
Killjoy
rukan
June 7th, 2008 at 09:46am
Paolo Nutini:
No, if you say love is love, then it is. If you don't mean it for everything, don't use it. You need something else to stand on.

I agree. Love is love, as long as it's consensual.
I don't believe in incest for myself but if they are responsible adults into incest, then go ahead. There is the birth defect thing, but that's a whole different story. The same thing goes for big age gaps, I wouldn't do it myself, but if other people want to, that's completely not my business.

Bestiality's different though, because as far as I know, it's normally not consensual.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 7th, 2008 at 12:43pm
rukan, I am glad you specified the extent of your belief in that phrase. Most people don't give it a second thought, and still others (above) only apply it to certain situations when it's a blanket statement. Unfortunately it is yet another powerful term reduced to a mindless chant by young people today.

ANYWAY let's keep it on track. :]
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 06:02pm
My parent's don't life my fiance because the fact he's mixed with black and japanese and I'm white but I don't care. I love him and it doesn't matter, it shouldn't. We can't help who we fall in love with it just happens.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 7th, 2008 at 07:04pm
^ Please don't spam.

I, being chinese, personally was brought up to think that interracial relationships are a no-no, but it's simply a personal issue. If it's such a big deal for you... maybe that person's not for you. If you can't give up that prejudice, maybe you should find someone else. It shouldn't matter.
Of course, that's not always the case, but... that's just what I think.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 10th, 2008 at 10:51pm
I have no problems with it. I personally am very attracted to black guys. (I'm a white girl) Of all the guys I've ever like only one has been white.
I think interracial dating is hard when you're my age, especially if you live in an area like mine. Most of the black people live in the 'ghetto' or are below/very nearly below the poverty line, while most of the white people are middle class and up. Since they come from very different social/economic backgrounds it can be very hard to work that out. The actual couple may have no problems, but they may feel pressure from others to do certain things.