Don't have an account? Create one!

Interracial Relationships

AuthorMessage
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 08:24pm
It made perfect sense. Smile
Although, I think if someone chooses not to date you because of your skin colour, then they're someone you don't want to date anyway.

If you don't mind me asking Dani, where abouts are you parents from?
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 19th, 2007 at 10:34pm
Oh good glad it made sense XD

My dad is African-American & lives in Florida, and my mum is white British. Both her parents were Irish, but she was born in England. Cool What about you?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 20th, 2007 at 01:09pm
My dad's English.
My mums from Ethopia.
xGerardifiedx
Killjoy
xGerardifiedx
October 21st, 2007 at 09:50am
i dont think it really matters in relationships of being different race. i dont think god expected us to always have relationships with same race, i mean, we are not perfect and you cant expect people to love their same race all the time. people will love who they love! end of story!
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 11:55am
People shouldn't feel they can't love someone else because of their race.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 21st, 2007 at 12:00pm
If they were to, how would you feel if your family disowned you for being with someone of a different race? Who would you choose? Your partner or your family?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 12:03pm
It depends.

If I knew my family were going to be weird about me having a partner of another race, I wouldn't tell them till I'd be with the person for about a year.

Maybe the moving in stage.
I'd hope that would prove that I really see they're a great person, regardless of their race, and so should you.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
October 21st, 2007 at 01:23pm
So, what are your thoughts on different race relationships?

They're absolutely fine, love is love and all that shizz

Do you think it is wrong to be with a person of a different race?

NO!

Do you think people get made fun of for dating a person of a different race quite often?

Not that much nowadays it's seen as acceptable now

Would you ever date a person of a different race?

Sure why not

I think one of the main problems with this is that it's blown out of proportion, people really need to chill

x
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 02:14pm
dark.sian:

I think one of the main problems with this is that it's blown out of proportion, people really need to chill

How do you mean?
Berylla
Motor Baby
Berylla
October 22nd, 2007 at 10:55am
somehow i really enjoy seeing couples of different races.
never had a problem with it either, but i could never picture myself with someone from a different race.
but, on an exchange programme, a few weeks ago, there was a gorgeous guy, somewhere from the middle east, and he convinced me that i am very able to fall in love with someone from another race.
anyone can, you need to look at the person, not the color of their skin or the place theyre from.
xXHaHaXx
Killjoy
xXHaHaXx
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:55pm
my dad is white and my Mum is black so I don't see a problem with it. I don't like to describe people as black, white or mixed because they all seem the same to me, they're all just people.
Thunderbuns.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Thunderbuns.
October 22nd, 2007 at 07:27pm
I'm all for interracial relationships.
^_^
My boyfriend's mixed, one of my best friend's in Mexican, my sister's boyfriend is black, my aunt's from Spain...
However, that took a lot of work to remember THAT.
I rarely think about what race people are.
My entire family knows about my boyfriend, minus my grandfather.
Sadly, he's extremely racist and knows not of my sister's boyfriend, nor mine.
But, I say love is love.
Seriously.
Go look at the icon on my profile.
{Though I must say I dislike the word "racial."
It sounds like my name...}
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
October 22nd, 2007 at 07:37pm
why should it matter if you fall for someone who is of a different race? If you love them and they love you then what's the problem?
My dad said to me that he doesn't want me to be with a person of a different race. I think this has to do with his mam marrying a man of different race who abused her and my dad.

There has been alot of different race people moving into my area in the last few years because of wars etc going on in their country. People don't seem to like them because of the way the treat women. In there country they was allowed to have women who were under the age of 16, but them there selves in there late twenties. So i think that has alot to do with why people have a problem with different race relationships.
Sterate_
Really Not Okay
Sterate_
October 23rd, 2007 at 05:48am
I actually have no problem with different race relationships at all. On the other hand, my dad doesn't want me to ever marry or date an african-american because he has this stereotype in his mind that they are just druggies that don't work at all and have no future whatsoever.

I have told my dad many times that it wouldn't matter what race the person I dated was and that if he didn't accept the person I chose then that would be simply selfish on his part because he would only be thinking about what possible harm it can cause him rather than if I am happy or not.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 23rd, 2007 at 01:41pm
It's true that maybe the majority of some races fit into the bad stereotypes; but that doesn't mean they're all like that.

Everyone should be given a chance beforehand.
Sterate_
Really Not Okay
Sterate_
October 23rd, 2007 at 08:23pm
F i a:
It's true that maybe the majority of some races fit into the bad stereotypes; but that doesn't mean they're all like that.

Everyone should be given a chance beforehand.

i agree with you but my dad is very stubborn and trying to change his opinion is more like trying to convince a wall to talk
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 23rd, 2007 at 08:34pm
Isn't there a stereotype you can throw at you dad that he should fit into but he doesn't?
Sterate_
Really Not Okay
Sterate_
October 23rd, 2007 at 11:12pm
F i a:
Isn't there a stereotype you can throw at you dad that he should fit into but he doesn't?
well maybe that he's an alcoholic or something i don't know. i don't tend to pay attention to mexican stereotypes of dad's but i'll come up with something Wink
lady gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
lady gaga.
October 24th, 2007 at 11:54pm
To me Race doesnt matter at all
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
October 25th, 2007 at 08:55pm
Pyromaniac;:
To me Race doesnt matter at all

My mom is Asian and my dad Europian. So I`m like half both. Big deal. It`s actually very cool. :p