Interracial Relationships

AuthorMessage
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
October 31st, 2007 at 05:45pm
F i a:
dark.sian:

I think one of the main problems with this is that it's blown out of proportion, people really need to chill

How do you mean?

soz i took ages to reply,
but i meant that like people focus too much on differences somtimes, if that makes any sense which it probably doesn't
lol,

i know what i mean Smiley
Blackroses_MCR27
Killjoy
Blackroses_MCR27
November 4th, 2007 at 08:03am
Im not raciest I hate every one equally but Im sorry I dont think I could ever be with a person from another race....I mean there is nothing wrong with them its just the way I was brought up....But people who want relationships like that Go for it , Im for it but thats something I cant see my self doing. Nothing against them but I dont think I could. I wish everyone had the same feelings about relationships of another color or race..which would be that Any color and race is fine as long as they are not going to cheat or stuff like that and Gay people totally love them and am all for gay marriage
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
November 4th, 2007 at 10:40am
^^ Can I ask why you don't think you could do it?

Senia.x7
Jazz Hands
Senia.x7
November 5th, 2007 at 12:05pm
Blackroses_MCR27:
Gay people totally love them and am all for gay marriage

Mm, who isn't all for gay marriage? >_>

So, what are your thoughts on different race relationships?
All for it. My BF and I are on opposite sides of the spectrum, hispanic + aussie.
Do you think it is wrong to be with a person of a different race?
Nuh.. to some it's 'wrong', which is totally understandable, we're all different.
Do you think people get made fun of for dating a person of a different race quite often?
I remember my uncle and dads reaction to finding out. "Your dating a white, emo aussie guy? Damn, go find a dark philipino or mexican to beau." So to a point, yeas it does happen alot.
Would you ever date a person of a different race?
.. yes >_>
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
November 7th, 2007 at 02:09am
there are couples in my high school who are in different race relationships.
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
April 1st, 2008 at 06:30pm
Yes, I would.
I don't care about their colours. Just because they're darker than me doesn't make them bad personality wise.
People or families from cultures do care sometimes and ask their children to find someone their religion or whatever. I don't even have a religion!
I don't think it's wrong. and people shouldn't get made fun of if they do O_o
k?!
Always Born a Crime
k?!
April 1st, 2008 at 08:53pm
I would date someone of a different race any day.
And today, I found out alot of my friends wouldn't, and I was surprised why.
They woulnd't tell me why which pissed me off.
Anyhow, I think it is fine to date people that is a different race, because love is love and everyone has the right to love whoever they want.
I don't get when people do make a big deal when someone is dating some else of a different race.
To me races are like lables, and where I live people don't make a big deal when people are going out with people that have a different "label".
But, that's all I have to say.
TRAGICaffair xx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
TRAGICaffair xx
April 5th, 2008 at 04:12pm
i wouldnt do it just because of how i was brought up. and i dont know many people that arent caucasion. in my school its basically polish, lithuanian, or just some of those types. theres only about 5 african american people. im not saying im against them or racist its just for me id like to have someone of the same race. if others do it thats fine wtih me.
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
April 10th, 2008 at 04:01am
Wow i didn't realise this was an issue for so many people...
I can understand in cases where religious differences go along with the race differences...other than that why not?
But i suppose it also depend on how your brought up and where...I think coming from australia where there are so many cultures esp in the cities i'm used to it.
well i learnt something today lol
My Vampire Romance
Killjoy
My Vampire Romance
April 11th, 2008 at 03:55pm
My boyfrend is Mexican and Im Filipino.......
It dont matter much....
honestly
as long as u both like each other a lot its fine. It doesnt matter
Modern Zero.
Bleeding on the Floor
Modern Zero.
April 23rd, 2008 at 11:37am
I don't think it matters at all.
it doesn't matter to me what race a guy is.
i don't think that you can really judge somebody just on their race and i also think it's wrong that..okay..let's say a black guy robs a bank or whatever. So many people blame that on a WHOLE entire race and all of the sudden people think that only black guys commit crimes like that which is so not true.
As long as the person is a good person, race doesn't matter.
Racism is one of the things i hate the most.
Seriously people, it's not a big deal. Not everybody is going to look the same, have the same culture or whatever. People are different and it's okay to be different. To put down someone for the color of their skin or for what they look like without knowing anything else about them, i think that it's wrong.
Love is love.
People are people.
We are all human beings. We just all look different.
What would the world be like if everybody dressed and looked the same.
I don't think there would be any type of attraction between people if we all looked the same anyway.
...i just think that racism is dumb in general.
People who are a certain race, it is VERY possible for their ancestors to be a different race than them.
So if someone is a certain race and they hate on a different race.
What if their ancestors were the race that they dislike.
They would be hating on themseleves because obviously that race that they don't like is in their genes.
AilzRequiem
Killjoy
AilzRequiem
April 23rd, 2008 at 09:05pm
I go to an international school and there are about 80 different nationalities here. After a few years here you become pretty much colorblind, so inter-racial relationships never posed a real problem to me, since I only became interested in dating when I moved here. Personally I have an inexplicable preference for Chinese girls.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 23rd, 2008 at 10:49pm
i know with a lot of my friends, their parents wouldnt want them to marry outside their race, just because its what they do.
kinda like in "my big fat greek wedding". my friends parents are like that, and dont want them to marry someone who is not greek. although, one of the friends who's parents are like that has a full aussie bf that her rents dont know about. lol.
but anyway, i think its sad really...
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 24th, 2008 at 01:13am
amity_xo:
Wow i didn't realise this was an issue for so many people...
I can understand in cases where religious differences go along with the race differences...other than that why not?

I can give you another reason.

People have different preferences. For example, I'm not attracted to people with light coloured hair... but it doesn't mean that I hate them or that I don't want to be friends with people who have light hair. It just means I am not sexually attracted to them.

it is the same with different races; some people might not be attracted to people of different races purely because of preference. And it doesn't mean they are racist either. I know plenty of people who aren't attracted to Asian people, but they aren't racist against them.

I hope that makes sense.
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
April 24th, 2008 at 10:37am
I'm black and my boyfriend is whiter than the driven snow. Personally, we do get the odd stare or comment; maybe because of the way I look. But it doesn't bother me. They are mostly made by an OAP of one race or another who were brought up to believe that everyone should stick to thier own, for lack of better words.

Infact, when I was growing up, I already knew what my preferences were in regards to who I was attracted to and who I wasn't. I've never dated a black guy because I'm not attracted to them. That doesn't make me a racist.

My sister is married to a guy who is half Greek and half Scottish. They have two beautiful daughters who actually look Asian.

I was always brought up to believe that everyone is equal and love has no boundaries. So that's what I believe. Simply put; whatever floats your boat- we're all pink inside.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
April 24th, 2008 at 03:24pm
different race relations are great
my grandparents and other half of my family is against it but i dont see
anything wrong with it love is love thats all that matters
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
April 25th, 2008 at 02:22pm
I dont see anything wrong with getting into a relationship with someone whose skin is a different color to yours. I don't understand why people don't agree with them. Everyone is a person, whether they are white, black, yellow, or a funny bright salmon color from sitting in the sun for too long. I can't personally see myself getting in a relationship with a black person, but that is because I find pale blonde/dark-sort-of-italian people attractive, and therefore I wouldn't be attracted to a black person, because I don't find them attractive, not because they are black.
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
April 28th, 2008 at 11:09am
I've just gone through a few pages on here and I find alot of the people of mixed parentage are referring to themselves as 'half cast'. Could you please note that while that particular turn of phrase may not be offensive to you, it IS actually a derogatory term.

The correct term/s for people of mixed parentage is/ are: Dual heritage, milatou, mixed parentage, mixed race.

And generally speaking, even though in most cases you are judged by the colour of your skin, your heritage or your race is actually determined by your father's parentage. So whatever his race, is supposedly what you are.
A little fact for you there.

/end somewhat useless information-esq spam
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 29th, 2008 at 03:38am
Stewie G. Griffin:

And generally speaking, even though in most cases you are judged by the colour of your skin, your heritage or your race is actually determined by your father's parentage. So whatever his race, is supposedly what you are.
A little fact for you there.

According to who...?
Some people might identify more with their mother's heritage, for example. Who made up the rule that your race was "determined by your father's parentage"?
It's determined by whatever you determine it by, not by anyone else's standards.
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
April 29th, 2008 at 05:12am
everyone should just learn from JD and Turk form Scrubs