Don't have an account? Create one!

Interracial Relationships

AuthorMessage
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 11th, 2007 at 07:10am
This is an odd issue for me.
I'm well aware that this is probably going to sound racist to some, so let me start by saying that I'm not. And now allow me to elaborate.
Interracial relationships are fine by me, as long as I'm not the one involved. As in, I don't care if the people who live next door are of different races, I don't feel anything out of the ordinary when I see a mixed-race couple walking down the street, and if a friend of mine introduced me to their new partner, and they happened to be a different race, it would have absolutely no impact on my opinion of them or their relationship, and I'd treat him exactly the same as a person of the same race.
However, I personally would never date a black, Asian, or even mixed-race person (unless they were a mutt that looked totally Caucasian at a glance) - and the sole reason for that is simply that I do not find men of other races attractive. I think some Asian women can be gorgeous, as can some African-American women, but I have never in my life come across a non-caucasian who I found good-looking enough to consider dating.
I think it's something about their bone structure. I just prefer white skin, slim noses, typical caucasian jaw-lines and brow-lines, and the slim bone structure of caucasians, as opposed to the kinked hair, big bones, big lips, squashed noses and large jaws and brows of Aborigines; and Asians are too, I don't know, I just find them unattractive. Just to even things up (because it's not like I discriminate solely against non-caucasians), I wouldn't date a person with an olive complexion or a tan either - I just like the way really pale skin looks, I even think tans are yick.
Call me shallow, but I wouldn't date a grossly overweight person, no matter what their colour, for the same reason - looks are by no means everything, but if the thought of seeing them naked grosses me out, there's no chance for a relationship.

But like I said, anybody who is in an interracial relationship and happy, I'm happy for. And not just 'happy for' in the phony way - love is a hard thing to find these days, so I applaud those who do find it, no matter what shape, size or colour it's packaged in.
Ellie Van Halen
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Ellie Van Halen
April 11th, 2007 at 07:28am
I'm not okay 4377:
I think its ok to be white and have a black/ or hispanic/ ect. bf/gf.
There's nothing wrong as long as there's love involved.
I feel the same about homosexuality.
(NOTE: I'M STRAIGHT, DON'T GET ANY IDEAS PLEASE!)

[offtopic]If you feel the same about homosexuality, why would you be so bothered about people getting 'ideas'?[/offtopic]
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
April 12th, 2007 at 02:11am
I don't see a problem with it. Love is love no matter what color it is and nobody can argue that that's a bad thing. I've dated outside of my race, and have never had a problem with it. As long as you are happy, the race issue should never be a problem.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 12th, 2007 at 10:04am
I don't see a problem with it either. As long as two people committed to each other then there should be no boundaries with race.
differant.
Shotgun Sinner
differant.
April 14th, 2007 at 08:58am
Love is Love.
Colour doesn't matter.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 16th, 2007 at 01:24pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
This is an odd issue for me.
I'm well aware that this is probably going to sound racist to some, so let me start by saying that I'm not. And now allow me to elaborate.
Interracial relationships are fine by me, as long as I'm not the one involved. As in, I don't care if the people who live next door are of different races, I don't feel anything out of the ordinary when I see a mixed-race couple walking down the street, and if a friend of mine introduced me to their new partner, and they happened to be a different race, it would have absolutely no impact on my opinion of them or their relationship, and I'd treat him exactly the same as a person of the same race.
However, I personally would never date a black, Asian, or even mixed-race person (unless they were a mutt that looked totally Caucasian at a glance) - and the sole reason for that is simply that I do not find men of other races attractive.

oh my goodness, that is exactly how i feel. i had never thought that there was anyone else who shared my views as i am constantly being shouted down as a racist.

however, i think that there is some reason behind this thinking. i find that i am attracted to people of my own race and that that is natural. it must have something to do with the way people choose their partners as mixed race couples are in the minority, when compared to same race couples.

however there is nothing wrong with mixed race couples i think they are very brave, as even in todays society there is a certain stigma attached to people dating other races.
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
April 30th, 2007 at 06:15pm
as my mom used to tell me, there is only one race. the HUMAN race. so ya, im all for it! we all share the same organs, and feelings, were the SAME. i actually encourage it, we need to break down some walls in this country!
Motherfuckingwar
Fabulous Killjoy
Motherfuckingwar
May 1st, 2007 at 09:23am
Well I ahve absolutely nothing against
I go to an international school so itz kind of common to see a white person going out with a black person or a black person with a person from India.
Itz quite like the fact that people are homophobic itz about the love not the sex
and in this case itz about the love and not the race.
I have nothing against it.
People shud just see people as people not as a person who has a different color skin.
Every person is meant to be different
It would just get boring if everyone in the world was white or if everyone was Chinese
SO whatever
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
May 1st, 2007 at 10:46am
Love is colourblind. Simple as that.
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
May 1st, 2007 at 04:07pm
i live in the middle east and im british, and the majority of my ex boyfriends are arabic, and theyre amazing guys
although i get what you're saying, casue here im surrounded by arabic people so when i meet somebody i don't notice their colour. also, for example, my best friend is philipino/british, and i couldnt give a monkey's arse. racism is more or less a joke here, it's like saying 'i won't socialize with you because you're wearing blue jeans, and im wearing grey jeans.'
alexander
Killjoy
alexander
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:48pm
It doesnt matter if they are a different race as long as they love each other...my opinion. >_<
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
May 4th, 2007 at 12:41am
I'm a Filipino... And I know exactly how it feels... It is because of this Colonial Mentality we got from our ancestors..

Although, my cousins got to marry Russians, americans and Scottish people... SO I guess.. we're stretching better...

one proof of racism... is this.. I read in the Oxford Dictionary on how they gave meaning to the word filipino.. and they said.. housemaids.. No offense to the others... but.. What the hell... We are the only ones who make a living out of takng care of foreign unattended children by their parents... Is that so wrong??

Relationships...It doesn't matter... Would it matter to you, him or to God if you were of different colors..? No!!! And besides.. Filipino and European looks are always a good combination..... Cool
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
May 5th, 2007 at 03:33am
There is nothing wring with it. People are people, we can all date each other. I'm mixed race (half black, half white), and I'm bloody proud of it.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
May 5th, 2007 at 03:37am
aLittleKILLjoy:
My husband and I are of different race from each other and my family, mainly my parents and aunts and uncles, were not very happy about it but, since we are still married after almost 2 years, you can see that I really didn't care what they thought. They've warmed up to him eventually though. Mwa ha ha.

I think if you really love someone (not obsess or stalk or lust), nothing else should matter like race or age or missing limbs.

Besides, racially-hybrid babies grow up to be hot so my future son or daughter is going to be such a pimp ^__^

Racially hybrid? What are you smokin? If you went up to a mixed race person, and called them racially hybrid, they'd f*cking knock you out. I know I would. Racially hybrid is just as bad as calling someone as half-cast! Use the term mixed race or biracial or multi-racial.. And not all of mixed kids grow up to be hot, that is a stereotype. And do you know what pimp means? Mad Rolling Eyes Neutral
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
May 5th, 2007 at 04:31am
Shocked
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
May 5th, 2007 at 05:44pm
MyChemicalRomance13:

Racially hybrid? What are you smokin? If you went up to a mixed race person, and called them racially hybrid, they'd f*cking knock you out. I know I would. Racially hybrid is just as bad as calling someone as half-cast! Use the term mixed race or biracial or multi-racial.. And not all of mixed kids grow up to be hot, that is a stereotype. And do you know what pimp means? Mad Rolling Eyes Neutral

That can be considered a personal attack on another member,
which is not allowed here or anywhere on INO.
Please don't go after other members for their opinions;
they are allowed theirs and you are allowed yours.
Also, no swearing here.
Changing a vowel to an asterix does not make it alright; people still read it the same.

And yes, actually, anyone who is a mix of two races can be called
a racial hybrid; there's nothing wrong with that, it just means that
you have two different color parents. It is not derogatory, it is only
explanatory, like someone being caucasion or native or indian.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
May 6th, 2007 at 10:09am
thats my opinion and im sticking to it. that person seems very ignorant Neutral
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 6th, 2007 at 10:54am
^^ How in hell is 'racially hybrid' any more or less offensive than 'bi-racial', 'mixed race' or 'multi-racial'?! They all mean the same thing, they're all completely accurate terms, and therefore I find no reason for offense in any of them, let alone 'racially hybrid'.
No offence to you personally, but, serial. What are you smoking?
Besides, I know a lot of 'bi-racial' people who don't get offended at all when I refer to them as 'half-caste'. My two cousins are half-castes and we always joke about them being 'half-black' or whatever. Granted, it may be due to the fact that they're family members, but who on God's green earth just walks up to a stranger on the street and says, 'Hey, half-caste'? Of course in that case they'd probably get abused.

I just don't see how 'racial hybrid' is any more offensive than 'bi-racial', which in my opinion simply isn't offensive.
It's just a fact.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
May 6th, 2007 at 01:43pm
I don't have a problem with it,but if it's like a 18 year old white girl and a 30 year old black guy,it starts getting creepy.

I dunno why. Big age gaps bug me. [/spam]
jedicam10
Fabulous Killjoy
jedicam10
May 8th, 2007 at 10:56pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
^^ How in hell is 'racially hybrid' any more or less offensive than 'bi-racial', 'mixed race' or 'multi-racial'?! They all mean the same thing, they're all completely accurate terms, and therefore I find no reason for offense in any of them, let alone 'racially hybrid'.
No offence to you personally, but, serial. What are you smoking?
Besides, I know a lot of 'bi-racial' people who don't get offended at all when I refer to them as 'half-caste'. My two cousins are half-castes and we always joke about them being 'half-black' or whatever. Granted, it may be due to the fact that they're family members, but who on God's green earth just walks up to a stranger on the street and says, 'Hey, half-caste'? Of course in that case they'd probably get abused.
I just don't see how 'racial hybrid' is any more offensive than 'bi-racial', which in my opinion simply isn't offensive.
It's just a fact.

Well, i'm half black and half white and i knew this guys who alsways called me a half-breed. I was pissed off and never talked to him. It's easy to say how unoffensive something is when it aint aimed at YOU. Mixed = Fine. But giving us fancy names is INSULTING! Some maybe fine with it, but i can garentee most of the mixed population would feel offended. Bi-racial is like mixed but 'Hybrid' is getting to the piont of insult due to the fact that, it makes it sound like we are expirements.