Don't have an account? Create one!

Interracial Relationships

AuthorMessage
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
February 3rd, 2007 at 03:04pm
Truce Legend:
I believe in the saying that we don't choose who we fall in love with. So what if his/her skin's a different color, or he/she comes from a different place, or whatever. He/she is just as much of a person as everyone else, he/she shouldn't be treated differently at all.

yeah thats very very true!!
Optimistic Pessimist
Motor Baby
Optimistic Pessimist
February 5th, 2007 at 01:36pm
In my opinion, i think that different race relationships could kinda be looked at like a homosexual relationship. with the exception that both people in this relatinship are straight. i dont find a problem with it because i think that if you enjoy being with someone and really do have feelings for them, then the race shouldnt matter to you.. and if it doesnt, then i think thats great

In my school, people date people of different races all the time, but when my mom, dad, mom-mom, or pop-pop see a couple like this, they look at them and make a face as if they were disguisted. whenever my mom-mom sees a black/white couple walking down the street, the refers to them as an oreo couple. my sister will begin to laugh but i just give her a straight face because i dont understand how you could be so racis. however, my parents and grandparents were brought up in all white societies and were brought up to think that dating someone that isnt of your race was wrong.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
February 6th, 2007 at 09:55pm
My boyfriend and I aren't exactly of the same race. I'm a mutt, I have black in me, and he's strait white. No one picks on us because he's quite intimidating, but his ex girlfriend and i talk all the time and she's against it. She said there's already enough "hybrids" in the world. I talked to her about it, and I made her understand, but not all people are as easy as that.
I'm sorry, this probably isn't a confession topic. I just want to say that I think you can't choose who you fall in love with, and that racism is stupid. Love is love is love. No one can decide who they love.
hunting for witches.
Always Born a Crime
hunting for witches.
February 10th, 2007 at 02:29am
I hate racisim and wish it never exsisted. Just the same with stereotypes/labels.

I know people that aren't white and they're totally awesome.

My Aunt is a racist and never talks to black people...it really offends me, especially the fact that she calls herself a "Christian".

I don't understand the problem with interracial relationships...people shoud love who they want to love and no one should be able to stop or judge that.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 15th, 2007 at 05:29pm
I see nothing wrong with it. I'm a black girl and I'm primarily drawn to white guys(can't say why), so I may end up in an interracial relationship. Plus, mixed kids are so pretty! Haha.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 15th, 2007 at 05:35pm
MetalliDeth:
I honestly don't have anything against it. I'm a white guy and I'm in love with a Caucasian/Hispanic girl. It's just for me, there are some races I would just never have a serious relationship such as that with.

Ummm...why not? And what races? Mad
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
February 16th, 2007 at 01:00pm
I think different race relationships are perfectly fine. But in this society people are racist. and we all know it because we have all been racist at least once in our lives no matter what out nationality is...anyways. People make this big deal if they see an African American guy with a Caucasian girl. When actually they are both people and it doesn't really matter what color their skin is. And if you see a Jewish girl with a German guy then people are like "OMGGGZZZ!" i think its wrong....
dASHa Xr
Fabulous Killjoy
dASHa Xr
February 18th, 2007 at 05:04am
i think it is ok when you boy/girl freind is not like you
when you are in love you should not care about race
i may love the boy who are not russian (like i am)
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 19th, 2007 at 11:31am
race has nothing to do with a persons personality
so of course its fine
Optimistic Pessimist
Motor Baby
Optimistic Pessimist
March 29th, 2007 at 01:24pm
I personally don't have a problem with Different Race Relationships. But I'm biased in this situation because I'm in a different race relationship.

I understand completely why people have problems with them because I come from a racist family, but I don't see why they have to make such an issue out of it?

I think that people do get fun of for dating a person of a different race, and if not made fun of, then usually harassed or rattles them about the situation and makes it bigger than it really has to be. The things I heard my "friend" say about my different race relationship made me sick to my stomach and I had no idea she felt that way about anything.
maad larzaza.
Salute You in Your Grave
maad larzaza.
April 7th, 2007 at 04:49pm
I think different race relationships are awesome.
I mean, why is it bad?
we're all human.
we can't control society, so I realize racism is a problem for a lot of couples.

people should just open their eyes.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 7th, 2007 at 08:10pm
it seems like there are more different race relationships these days, which means that people are becoming more accepting of things that were once taboo. if its love then dont let other people control it or try to define it.
Adolescent Suicide
Jazz Hands
Adolescent Suicide
April 8th, 2007 at 03:51am
I think it's OK to date a person of a different rase!
besides, love has no obstacles...
I like asian guys... specially japanese! ^^
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 8th, 2007 at 01:39pm
^^ i know for some reason i really like asian guys. but i like Korean boys the best. but not only asians. as long as a guy is nice and sweet i have no problem.
Wink
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
April 8th, 2007 at 03:30pm
well my girl friend who i love so much is indian but she was born here and if her parnts eveer knew about us then stuff would get bad. i love her so much and i can never stop thinking about her i love her so much.
Ellie Van Halen
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Ellie Van Halen
April 8th, 2007 at 03:45pm
I think inter-racial relationships shouldn't be any different to any other. But I can imagine that problems would arise if they were of different religions, some religions are very strict on sex before marriage, celebrate a lot throughout the year, etc. Raising kids might be harder, again because of religion. If both partners follow a different religion, what should the children be raised as?

I do think these are problems which would be specific to individuals, and others would cope differently. What is an issue to one person isn't to another.

I'd like to think that I could fall in love with anyone with consequences.
I'm not okay 4377
Killjoy
I'm not okay 4377
April 8th, 2007 at 10:10pm
I think its ok to be white and have a black/ or hispanic/ ect. bf/gf.
There's nothing wrong as long as there's love involved.
I feel the same about homosexuality.
(NOTE: I'M STRAIGHT, DON'T GET ANY IDEAS PLEASE!)
sou kanarazu atta
Banned
sou kanarazu atta
April 9th, 2007 at 08:42pm
I think differnet race dating perfectly fine since I have been three of them, but it is not exactly easy sometimes your parents or your boyfriend/girlfriend's parents may not argee not that there are racist, but they just don't think it is right, well I guess that makes them raist. And if you are in a relationship with a different race don't surpised to get comments on the street and stares form people it is worng that it happens, but it does.
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 02:47pm
I was raised to believe that all people are equal and they all deserve the same.
Nobody is more important
Black or white
African or american

And i still strongly believe that no matter what colour skin you have you should be able to date/befriend others of a different race, Thats why i look up to martin luther king who was shot because he stood up to the laws on black and white people and i think he is as much of a legend as gerard way
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 10th, 2007 at 02:56pm
I have a friend who's with a mutt... And we support her of course, but her parents are not making it easy for her. Which I think is sad. Love is love, and we're all human. They are happy together, and color of their skin shouldn't matter. We don't choose who we fall in love with.