Don't have an account? Create one!

What do the radio/TV stations in your area think of MCR?

AuthorMessage
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
December 25th, 2006 at 04:31pm
i live in 3 countries. im in one country for 2months and move to another the next... it had been like this since the past 2 years, gosh i hate travelling.

and in the 3 countries- WTTBP is like any other songs, the minute they were launched, BOOM! it was on every hour. now they didnt get so many airplays anymore.

oh, and theres one shopping mall radio that keeps on playing Helena. they'll play it like every 2 hours or so, so its fun hearing gerard's voice while checking how your ass looks in that pair of skin tight jeans. Wink
ILuvMCRandYotas
Motor Baby
ILuvMCRandYotas
December 26th, 2006 at 01:17pm
The radio station I listen to them plays them somewhat frequently. Thats kinda how I got hooked on them, I would get mad if they didn't play MCR while I was on my lunchbreak (the only time I really listen to the radio). They're also pretty good about announcing MCR newsy stuff.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
December 26th, 2006 at 02:36pm
I've only heard them on the radio about 5 times since Revenge came out in 2004. It's weird. There are a lot of MCR fans in our junior highs and high school.
Sterate_
Really Not Okay
Sterate_
December 27th, 2006 at 01:36am
Well in San Diego where I live there is a really mainstream radio channel,93.3. Just 2 days ago around midnight they played WTTBP. This was really weird especially with all the artist they were line up with. It went like this Akon(sp?) => Vanessa Hudgens(sp?) => Kelly Clarkson => MCR => Justin Timberlake. It was really weird if you guys know what I mean. But the DJ seem pretty positive he was like "coming up next is My Chemical Romance, they are really good you guys should really listen to them."
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
December 28th, 2006 at 01:14am
well i kind of dont listen to the radio because i dont know of station that plays punk rock, alternative, emo, screamo or anything of this kind(anything that is not rap hip hop r&b or latin). the other day though i heard them at this 99cents store(lol) it was weird but it made me happy listening to them ..oh yeah and this other time at the pharmacy too ..i dont know what station it was though, both times it was wttbp. before that i had never heard them on the radio.

tv...well they're on fuse and sometimes i see the vids on mtv hits ...thats it.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
December 28th, 2006 at 02:51am
yahoo radio station (emo channel/alternative rock/adult alternative) played them a lot. but its a global internet radio, so... Smile
cjoy0117
Killjoy
cjoy0117
December 28th, 2006 at 03:46am
MCR is one of the crowd favorite in here. EVen the radio stations tells positive criticisms about them.
rippedtopiecesxxx
Fabulous Killjoy
rippedtopiecesxxx
December 28th, 2006 at 07:15pm
the only time they play WTTBP is on a countdown here on our alternative station that hardly anyone listens to.

but MCR really isn't big in Texas AT ALL...sooo...possibly might be the reason.
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
January 2nd, 2007 at 08:38am
here, in one my country radio station, they won
the best foregin band, best foreign album and the best single of they year.. Shifty2
p a n d a_xx
Salute You in Your Grave
p a n d a_xx
January 2nd, 2007 at 11:47am
They never play MCR. Its sad so I stopped listening to the radio. lol.
McRgIrL13
Killjoy
McRgIrL13
January 2nd, 2007 at 12:31pm
on radio they play a mcr once a month sometimes . on tv stations nothing but they are lot of fans in my school
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
January 2nd, 2007 at 02:24pm
We've only got one radio station up here that plays anything resembling rock/punk/metal/emo/screamo/whatever. And I know Monica and Dr. Crash don't like MCR (Monica doesn't like bands unless they're unsigned and Dr. Crash is a hippie) but the rest of the DJs love WTTBP. Like I said in the other thread, that's the first MCR song they've played, EVER. I'm gonna talk to Dylan and see if maybe they'll play more but I wouldn't bet on it.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
January 5th, 2007 at 06:43pm
FLW was played on the radio

And everyone was like, "OMFG, these emo fags need to stop cutting themselves with their eyeliner sharpeners!"
lukewarm
Killjoy
lukewarm
January 5th, 2007 at 11:00pm
A few play them where I am....
Actually one has them on a poll right now, voting for "most overrated album of 2006" and unfortunately they are winning!

Maybe everyone can go there quick to vote for someone else and save them!!! (not sure when the poll ends!!!!!!!) The poll is dumb too since the same station had that album as one of the best of 2006 too, but some of my friends showed me and are making fun because I love MCR so much.
This is where the poll is, and you don't need to register or anything, so it is easy.
http://www.edge102.com/station/corus_qod_poll.cfm
p a n d a_xx
Salute You in Your Grave
p a n d a_xx
January 5th, 2007 at 11:13pm
In the past 5 months sence WTTBP came out they have played it once maybe twice at the most
PenisPie
Bleeding on the Floor
PenisPie
January 5th, 2007 at 11:38pm
When they did a review for the album, they were like its so good. Nothing can beat this album except these emo boys.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
January 6th, 2007 at 12:53pm
Shotgun_x_Wedding:
My local radio station likes them. That radio station had a concert (97x Next Big Thing 6) this year featuring My Chem...(it was AWESOME)

I was at that show!!!! From my understanding, 97x was one of the first stations to play MCR in the country back in 2002 . . . according to one of the djs.
xxtearfulxxsilencexx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxtearfulxxsilencexx
January 6th, 2007 at 05:58pm
There is only one radio station in my city that plays MCR.
Spindal
Motor Baby
Spindal
January 6th, 2007 at 09:17pm
I listen to mainly two rock stations. One of them seems to like them a lot, seeing as they had them play as the main act for the station's birthday bash a few months ago.
The other station doesn't play them.
The only station that my sister listens to, which claims to play "all the newest hits", started playing the Welcome to the Black Parade a little over two months after the album came out. They said, "The Rock Opera is back!" The station is mainly a hip-hop and overplayed Hinder, Nickleback, and All American Rejects type of Station.
Ew.
(not that those bands are bad, but their songs are overplayed on the station)
Micheline.
Killjoy
Micheline.
January 7th, 2007 at 12:30am
the radio stations here love them they play them everyday lol than say "i love that song" everytime.